“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500881 Mar 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen you are so right.Always best pick a ulgy one out of the litter no one wants.Besides they always become the most loveable.Just my two cents is all.
Always pick the runt. Feed 'em raw eggs in ther food fer a year, an they'll be the healthiest and best friends for life.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500882 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Can you name even one substantial change you have made to the status quo in real life? Anything your "movement" has accomplished?
Yeah. Rational skepticism and secular humanism have given us science and political freedom for the individual. What has your "movement" - the Christian church - given us besides the Crusades, the Inquisitions, the Salem witch hunts, and more terror, shame, guilt and blame than humanity should have experienced?
Skombolis wrote:
Anything it has done to try to realize its goal of limiting the "church's" influence?
Yeah. It made burning people alive for "heresy" or "witchcraft" illegal.
Skombolis wrote:
If you were actually accomplishing anything you wouldn't spend so much time online
That's a pretty dim comment, Dim. It's actually the other way around. I wouldn't be here if it weren't accomplishing anything.

Besides, how would you know what I'm accomplishing. Just because you're ineducable doesn't mean that others aren't learning. They've often told me what they've learned from me, and I them. Read it and weep, oh ye Dim of Wit:

"You never thought of it that way? Really? I thought that I learned that from you."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

It happens all the time, even if you are too torpid to notice. Shouldn't you be coming out of hibernation soon?

Fennario

#500883 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
the only "followers" you have are people who already didn't like the "church" or had issues with it.
I don't have any followers.
Skombolis wrote:
I can only imagine the hours you spent writing about your movement that pretty much exists in your head.
That's where ideas live, Dim, and nowhere else. That's where your god lives, too.
Skombolis wrote:
You want to be known as the founder of 'secular humanism' don't you?
Some of you people are caricature of your own selves. Dude. Secular humanists wrote the US Constitution. Read the preamble. It resembles the Affirmations of Humanism, not your Commandments.
Skombolis wrote:
Let me ask you this. How does a doctor who claims if his patients want people that care about their overall well-being they should get a social worker get it into his head that he has the slightest idea about humanism? Even when being paid you couldn't go the extra mile for your fellow human being.
What? Are you referring to the specialization of the hospice team? It didn't take you long, did it, Dim?

For the ten thousandth time, find the words or STFU. I'm pretty sure that you're confabulating again. As usual, you provide nothing better than your useless recollection of your less than useless comprehension of my words to impugn my character. You are completely without honor.

And of course that is why in most states, you are not allowed to vote, own weapons, or serve on juries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_of_rights_d...

By contrast, I am, and am also entrusted with peoples lives.

How dare you, you insolent snip.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#500884 Mar 9, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Serah
There are support groups without the belief in a GOD?
Hi Mike, and sure, Google can be your best friend:)

Have a good day;)
mike

AOL

#500885 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking within the context of the Bible. In the Bible miracles and punishments were witnessed by many but you may be right as far as God only speaking to one person at a time. I actually want to look into that so I know for myself but I can't think of any situations off-hand where God spoke to more than one person in the Bible other than Adam and Eve. It would seem like there would be other examples but maybe not
<quoted text>
You don't have to accept it but yeah you would have to take my word for it. What else could someone do that would accept?
<quoted text>
Its required as far as witnessing but people often enjoy talking about loved ones or sharing information they think may help someone. I realize despite coming to this room you have stated previously you prefer Christians keep their beliefs to themselves but I think that kind of demonstrates the problem. You have the freedom to come here if you wish or to avoid interacting with Christians if you wish. We have the freedom to talk about our faith. Is everything you do necessary or do you engage in things you enjoy doing as well? Its no different for us
<quoted text>
Absolutely. In fact I would say I have a duty to
<quoted text>
Well I have no way of knowing what things God has impacted so I couldn't comment on the first part. But I don't find God to be secretive just because He deals with people as individuals. A majority of the country is Christian so I think He must not be too secretive. But what need is there for God to deal with people as groups? However the bottom line is faith. Could God present Himself to the world? Sure. But what then? I believe this life is a test. Now no faith would be required and people would change how they act only for self-serving reasons like kids being good before Christmas. I think faith is a key element because it also requires someone to try to be a better person even knowing there may be no payout. It is more legit that way IMO
Thanks
I eagerly disagree with the supposed "Many" witnesses, you have one storytellers claim. People need people more than they need a GOD and that is "fact". A GOD doesn't comfort anyone, people do in many ways. The world is full of half-hearted wanna-be christians.
I too enjoy talking about the GOD concept, what needs to be understood is, people make or break the GOD concept, what you say has little effect in the looong run, what you do in regards to hands-on has a greater effect...Why do people talk about having faith, what is the underline reason other than to pamper self?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#500886 Mar 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Le-Le....Why are you fighting with every female poster?......
She's jealous that I tease them and not her. LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#500887 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How about somebody coming home drunk and trying to pull a shirt or sweater over their head unsuccessfully, then hurling into it?
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_gr...
YIKES! LOL

Think I would just throw the shirt in the trash...

Fennario

#500888 Mar 9, 2013
@ Dim - check it. This is how you do it, although with you, I also require a link to make sure you moved the words without changing them. From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... to Le_Le
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>What??
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ...
you gotta beef with me?
hu
Your reply
huh?
Just know how you feel about certain topics I
am a bit passionate about..***
You have implied that you have beefs with certain topics you are a bit passionate about when you posted that in reply to HU's posting!!!
Why didn't you say no to his question instead of replying as you did if you have no been with him? Anyway, sorry for misinterpreting your reply to HU, I am sure he understands what you mean, even if I misunderstood???
Le_Le is now in a position to explain what her words meant if she does not agree with Serah's read on them.

By contrast, what we get with you is like what I just got, "How does a doctor who claims if his patients want people that care about their overall well-being they should get a social worker get it into his head that he has the slightest idea about humanism?"

Persisting with such tactics even after having had the problem with them explained to you repeatedly is what makes what you do dishonorable.
mike

AOL

#500890 Mar 9, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mike, and sure, Google can be your best friend:)
Have a good day;)
Hello Senecus

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#500891 Mar 9, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>When are you going to be saved from losing your soul on Judgement Day by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ?
Dorkimus Maximus

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#500894 Mar 9, 2013
Adam wrote:
With or without sweetie. I am done with AnnieJ.
cAN´T SUPPORT GAY LIFESTYLE: It´s not christ like.

I think that is for the best Adam. It works for me.

Your death wish for certain groups of people goes against what I believe and one that I am not willing to compromise on.

I wish you luck on your journey to continue to be Christ-like.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#500895 Mar 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Always pick the runt. Feed 'em raw eggs in ther food fer a year, an they'll be the healthiest and best friends for life.
Mornin Captain;
Tis is not the size(runt)but the measure of the walk.
Tis not how handsome or ugly it is what in the heart of that cat.
Tis not where that cat walked prevously but the present walk.Tis not the size of a cat pocket book neither (no importance).
Tis not the beliefs of a cat but the love of the cat.
Feed the cat love,passion,compassion,loyali ty,trust,understanding ect and one ends up with friend,lover and mates for life.
But always remember to leave the door cracked for the cat who chooses to leave and stray away never to return.For some ya see never really know where the wind of time will carry them.Just my opinion is all cap.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#500896 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, my intention is to leave an imprint, certainly.
Just not what you think.
My complex is I'm tired of religion keeping the world in turmoil.
That's not an atheist thing.
That's a human thing.
.. it's about what we fight for, not what we oppose ..

.. religious beliefs can butcher admirable moral principles. On this very thread, many good Christian posters betray their own ethical system by mounting personal vendettas against each other that destroy all hope for understanding. Over what? Some insignificant dogma that they believe is the only truth ??..

.. the message of our little band of merry men and women has always been simple: understanding, acceptance, compassion and courage can create a better world. That's what we fight for ..

Location hidden

#500898 Mar 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Captain;
Tis is not the size(runt)but the measure of the walk.
Tis not how handsome or ugly it is what in the heart of that cat.
Tis not where that cat walked prevously but the present walk.Tis not the size of a cat pocket book neither (no importance).
Tis not the beliefs of a cat but the love of the cat.
Feed the cat love,passion,compassion,loyali ty,trust,understanding ect and one ends up with friend,lover and mates for life.
But always remember to leave the door cracked for the cat who chooses to leave and stray away never to return.For some ya see never really know where the wind of time will carry them.Just my opinion is all cap.
Morn'n LW.
I hear what yer say'n sis.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#500899 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, it was the Hellenization of early Christianity, IE: Greek influence; that intermingled the necessity of "spirit and flesh" >> flesh(weak, evil) being a very important component of those outside influences.
It's a shame that even unbelievers (such as yourself) are aware of such facts and not believers. What many don't understand, or purposely neglect, is the fact that it was during this period, too, that hell became a fiery place of torment and not just a common grave.
scaritual wrote:
Every time I hear "the flesh" mentioned within Christian context, I sorta chuckle.
That's probably the "Beavis and Butthead" syndrome, mentioned by It aint necessarily a few days ago.
scaritual wrote:
At that moment they might as well be talking about any number of Greek deity/religious/pagan beliefs.
Think about it, just an example.
Okay, here's the Jesus! and he's fasting and on his "vision quest -desert - 40 days - no water - etc...", and the Satan! tempts him? Causes him to almost falter? The Yahweh already booted his ass(the Satan!) out of "the Heaven!".
Oh, yeah, that's right, it's not just the Jesus!, it's the 3n'1 Trynamic Trio - UNO.
The so-called "trinity," actually, is not supported by the bible.
scaritual wrote:
A god, the Jesus!, your god?
He's my "God," yes. But, I don't exceed the definition of the term by referring to him as "God." Deuteronomy 10:17 calls Yahoweh "'God' of gods," and He's the only one throughout the whole bible that's ever referred to in such a way.
scaritual wrote:
That nasty ole' "Debbil" just about tempted him? The Yahweh!
Incorrect. Yahoweh can't be tempted to transgress the commandments. The devil, on the other hand, did tempt Yahoweh's son, Yahowshua.
scaritual wrote:
The Creator of the Universe?
He-Man? "I have the POWER!"
Fits loosely within the Greek mythos, eh?
Mix it with some newly emerging religious beliefs and in classic internet slang:
"WALLA" ¤poof¤.·:*¨`*†Christianity†*¨` *:·.
hahahaaa.
C'mon, guys, I really hate to make light of it with the He-Man references and such ...(okay, not really)
But, look at what you worship, don't worship what you look at.
I've seen tarot cards, astrology, and wtf, at least one other sort of non-biblical practice mentioned since I've been here. Oh, and the NDE's and something akin to channeling.
It's like the Wheel Of Fortune Zombie Voodoo Jesus! Action Figure Extravaganza Wotan Bake Sale up in here.
Do half of you even know what you believe?
I know who I believe.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#500900 Mar 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Morn'n LW.
I hear what yer say'n sis.
Awee Cap;
Just me whispering my secrets is all.Life can be adventure is you know how to just let the flow.Have a good one just for today.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#500901 Mar 9, 2013
@River Tam

~sigh!

At first, you posted; "'The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...or change...Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the world's vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it's all on purpose.'~ Stephen King"

Then, in an attempt to prove to you that according to what's written, that that's not the case. In that, I replied; "That might be the case with this 'religious mania,' but according to what's written, otherwise is stated.

Luke 13:1-4
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

1Kings 19:11-12
And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire.

According to what I've just quoted and the believing realist, there's much room for 'in the wrong place at the wrong time' and 'accidents'."

And from that, you returned a reply, quoted below.
River Tam wrote:
That was written as well. That's why I put the author's name after the quote.

Can you put the author's name after your quote? It would be appreciated.
QUESTIONS: Would the inclusion of an author's name change what's written? If the author was anonymous in both cases, would that change what's written?

In an attempt to appease you, though...

"There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?" -- Luke

"And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire." -- Jeremiah

Location hidden

#500902 Mar 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Awee Cap;
Just me whispering my secrets is all.Life can be adventure is you know how to just let the flow.Have a good one just for today.
Aye!
You too sis.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#500903 Mar 9, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You wicked son of Lucifer.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#500904 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Judy!
I am a ridiculous number of posts behind so am just going to scroll a few pages past where I left off and jump to the present. Don't know how long you have been back but glad to see ya:)
Hey Steve, I returned just a few days ago -- As usual treading lightly thru the water to get my feet wet and an undertow grabbed ahold of me and nearly sucked me under teehee.

I didn't have John or Pernrider this time to throw me a liferaft so I swam for dear life teehee -- Yes I'm exagerating a little but thats what you get for not catching up LOL

It has been interesting though -- you missed a good chapter of the Golden Thread.

So glad your not permanently mia -- your like a comfy pair of slippers - just knowing you are here.

TLC -- Judy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Phantom2010 837,024
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min Truths 4,079
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min The swamiji 7,155
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 14 min The swamiji 1,427
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min lightbeamrider 176,756
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Tony17 589,351
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 443,179
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 271,262
More from around the web