Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize Serah that you can scroll right on by my posts...it will not offend me.
As far as homosexuality...I do not bring it up in this thread...there are times that I stay out of it...until it becomes nothing but degrading. I will...even if it offends you...stand up when "I" feel it is what I should do.
One last thing...not you nor anyone else will tell me what I can and can not post. Topix is an open forum and I have not broken their TOS.
If someone's comments offend me such as the one that you think I should have ignored...then I will point it out if I so choose. You seem to think it is perfectly okay for "others" to have vile things said about them but get hysterical when it is in your direction.
Like I said Serah...scroll on by...or not...I don't care one way or the other...but your snide comments don't work with me.
BTW So now you know what Jesus would be saying to me? Oh...okay...alright...
I apologize, I couldn't help but read your conversation here - you have a homosexual son?

May I ask, has that been difficult for you as a Christian? Or was it something that was never an issue?

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely interested, but if you don't want to respond, you are welcome to not respond.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever the reason, Jehovah apparently can't help Shrinkwrap. Perhaps he should pray to Wodin or Quetzalcoatl instead. Prayers to them couldn't be any less effective than those to Jehovah-Jesus.
Please don't degrade shrinkwrap or clingwrap or syran wrap in such a manner. For me, it is a deeply sexual technology.

:)
IMO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic. Here comes the cavalry... Serah isn't a killer, sock. Get over yourself.
Nasty!!!!
Don't put words in my post. Maybe it would be better if people
looked outside their perfect lives and really saw what others
have to deal with. Because they are different.
I'm not a sock. I'm a reader.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
When you make Trifecta angry, his god gets angry as well. Trifecta's god, by the most amazing of coincidences, thinks just like Trifecta, mimics his emotional state exactly, and approves of everything Trifecta does. This makes you a hypocrite and Trifecta forgiven.

hee.

Hee-hee.

Hee-hee-hee.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Morning~

“Only dumb people try to impress smart people.
Smart people just do what they do.”

~ Chris Rock

Thought for the day

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains S. King's religious-as-crazed-killer themes that run throughout his books then.
Thanks for the quote :)
I can't verify it's authenticity.

Sounds like something I would say.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

God, as I reflect on Proverbs 23:12, "Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge," I'm trying to examine myself in light of that Scripture. Do I respond to you and your Word with my heart...or do I do what I do for you out of a sense of duty or obligation? I'm sorry for the times I have done good things only because someone needed to do it. I pray that I will always have the right attitude and the right motives. I pray that whatever service I give to you from this day forward will be out of love and as a result of my relationship with You. In Jesus' name. Amen

Prime time with GOd

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a trouble maker. She is projecting. Neat trick, I've seen it a lot.. In another thread.. You are one of the most beautiful people I've met and you have every right to defend yourself. Lele is nasty and incendiary and seems to think its quite ok to abuse anyone she likes then explodes if anyone dares to talk back. Don't let it get you down. You are too loved and too good for that.
Awww - cheers Lucy, but I should know better than to get drawn in :)

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... yep, I've only been a believer for almost 4 years, I'm 35, I know I put 34 before but was a typo, didn't notice til' it was too late, I think I'm in denial about getting older or something...
You're much older than I'll ever get.

It's not a bad thing though, for either of us.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

IMO wrote:
<quoted text>
Nasty!!!!
Don't put words in my post. Maybe it would be better if people
looked outside their perfect lives and really saw what others
have to deal with. Because they are different.
I'm not a sock. I'm a reader.
Whatever you say. Every time anyone dares to contradict Annie the cavalry turns up.

Everyone has problems, it's no reason to bully people.

I've been bullied here, by Annie & co for being different, many times, so take your hypocrisy and shove it.

I'll put words exactly where I like.

Thanks for your time :-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Philippians 4:8

K-Love

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she's a humanist, thus a problem with everyone who has a different view point.
That's not actually the definition of humanist...

Er...uhm...perhaps you're looking for "contrarian"?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning~
“Only dumb people try to impress smart people.
Smart people just do what they do.”
~ Chris Rock
Thought for the day
Good God. I am an idiot.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
Make no mistake. I have no friends here.(Well, except Tide. He's the only one that even has a clue about me).
I like you too Juicy but understand this. What I say is what I think at the time that I hit the Post Comment button or Enter key. It is what it is.
If you find it condescending, it's not my fault.
It is what it is.
I don't like condescending stares, especially in an elevator.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, as I reflect on Proverbs 23:12, "Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge,"
Please learn science, history and social science before making sweeping claims.
I'm trying to examine myself in light of that Scripture. Do I respond to you and your Word with my heart...or do I do what I do for you out of a sense of duty or obligation?
Strive for moral decency and, when/if you fail, go for honesty - acknowledge the failure and apologize.
I'm sorry for the times I have done good things only because someone needed to do it.
Please don't be sorry for helping someone in need. Regardless of your motivation, you helped someone. Second guessing that is just being cruel to yourself.

The most important thing to remember about helping someone else is don't lord it over them like you are better for their need.
I pray that I will always have the right attitude and the right motives.
Me too. Uhm...sorry, stupid question, but I'm an atheist - does prayer seriously help you here? For me, it feels like you're just telling yourself "always be like this and try not to screw up." Is that what prayer is? A cognitively and decisive pact with self?
I pray that whatever service I give to you from this day forward will be out of love and as a result of my relationship with You. In Jesus' name. Amen
Prime time with GOd
Ah, yeah, see, here is where I'm baffled. Why do you have to tell a perfect being anything? It can only be for you, right.

Clearly I'm missing something here, but I just don't get the last paragraph. I'll stop at "I don't think you need to reaffirm your relationship with a perfect being in order to keep your morality on the right track." and not say anything, anything at all about subjective realities :)

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

River Tam wrote:
Wish You Were Here
Pink........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yvPr9YV7-XwXX
I'd better catch about 40 to 45 winks.

Goodnigh...it's day time isn't it?

Later River :)

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're much older than I'll ever get.
It's not a bad thing though, for either of us.
Why do you say that?

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?
Just know how you feel about certain topics I
am a bit passionate about..
Hi Le_le,
Would you care to enlighten me? Perhaps there's been a misunderstanding.

Regardless, complete agreement on all fronts would be somewhat dull ...no?

Anywho 2222 beats whatever you're holding. Oh-oh, I was in Reno several days ago for the weekend ...won $39 bucks. Hey, a win is a win!

hu

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have written many times that I do not believe that those who say they have walked away from Christianity never really knew JESUS ~ if they knew JESUS, why would they walk away? Religion and JESUS don't necessarily go hand in hand, neither does the Congregation. I learned that when I was very young that not all those who go to Church have GODly thoughts in mind, but that did not take my Faith away in GOD at all ~ in fact, it made it stronger.:)
:) Amen and true thing.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Right..cause it was none of your business, Serah.
I didn't post it to you for you to understand.
I posted it to hu..
Why do you even care about me and hu??
You are a trouble maker..huh?
Sorry hu, just wish she's calm down.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tmail HU then if you want it to be private?
Sorry HU, I'm just a bit confused about why I'm being called a trouble maker by replying to postings in a public forum.
Funnily enough, it was a posting to AJ that got you all upset and you have been posting continually since then..... what name do you give yourself for replying ~ don't answer that, it is in fact, a stupid question and I really should delete it.
Thank you ladies ...I am truely flattered.
Just remember (as I retreat a safe distance)...
I only meant to say "hi".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••