Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#500899 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, it was the Hellenization of early Christianity, IE: Greek influence; that intermingled the necessity of "spirit and flesh" >> flesh(weak, evil) being a very important component of those outside influences.
It's a shame that even unbelievers (such as yourself) are aware of such facts and not believers. What many don't understand, or purposely neglect, is the fact that it was during this period, too, that hell became a fiery place of torment and not just a common grave.
scaritual wrote:
Every time I hear "the flesh" mentioned within Christian context, I sorta chuckle.
That's probably the "Beavis and Butthead" syndrome, mentioned by It aint necessarily a few days ago.
scaritual wrote:
At that moment they might as well be talking about any number of Greek deity/religious/pagan beliefs.
Think about it, just an example.
Okay, here's the Jesus! and he's fasting and on his "vision quest -desert - 40 days - no water - etc...", and the Satan! tempts him? Causes him to almost falter? The Yahweh already booted his ass(the Satan!) out of "the Heaven!".
Oh, yeah, that's right, it's not just the Jesus!, it's the 3n'1 Trynamic Trio - UNO.
The so-called "trinity," actually, is not supported by the bible.
scaritual wrote:
A god, the Jesus!, your god?
He's my "God," yes. But, I don't exceed the definition of the term by referring to him as "God." Deuteronomy 10:17 calls Yahoweh "'God' of gods," and He's the only one throughout the whole bible that's ever referred to in such a way.
scaritual wrote:
That nasty ole' "Debbil" just about tempted him? The Yahweh!
Incorrect. Yahoweh can't be tempted to transgress the commandments. The devil, on the other hand, did tempt Yahoweh's son, Yahowshua.
scaritual wrote:
The Creator of the Universe?
He-Man? "I have the POWER!"
Fits loosely within the Greek mythos, eh?
Mix it with some newly emerging religious beliefs and in classic internet slang:
"WALLA" ¤poof¤.·:*¨`*†Christianity†*¨` *:·.
hahahaaa.
C'mon, guys, I really hate to make light of it with the He-Man references and such ...(okay, not really)
But, look at what you worship, don't worship what you look at.
I've seen tarot cards, astrology, and wtf, at least one other sort of non-biblical practice mentioned since I've been here. Oh, and the NDE's and something akin to channeling.
It's like the Wheel Of Fortune Zombie Voodoo Jesus! Action Figure Extravaganza Wotan Bake Sale up in here.
Do half of you even know what you believe?
I know who I believe.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#500900 Mar 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Morn'n LW.
I hear what yer say'n sis.
Awee Cap;
Just me whispering my secrets is all.Life can be adventure is you know how to just let the flow.Have a good one just for today.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#500901 Mar 9, 2013
@River Tam

~sigh!

At first, you posted; "'The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...or change...Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the world's vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it's all on purpose.'~ Stephen King"

Then, in an attempt to prove to you that according to what's written, that that's not the case. In that, I replied; "That might be the case with this 'religious mania,' but according to what's written, otherwise is stated.

Luke 13:1-4
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

1Kings 19:11-12
And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire.

According to what I've just quoted and the believing realist, there's much room for 'in the wrong place at the wrong time' and 'accidents'."

And from that, you returned a reply, quoted below.
River Tam wrote:
That was written as well. That's why I put the author's name after the quote.

Can you put the author's name after your quote? It would be appreciated.
QUESTIONS: Would the inclusion of an author's name change what's written? If the author was anonymous in both cases, would that change what's written?

In an attempt to appease you, though...

"There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?" -- Luke

"And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire." -- Jeremiah

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500902 Mar 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Awee Cap;
Just me whispering my secrets is all.Life can be adventure is you know how to just let the flow.Have a good one just for today.
Aye!
You too sis.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#500903 Mar 9, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You wicked son of Lucifer.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#500904 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Judy!
I am a ridiculous number of posts behind so am just going to scroll a few pages past where I left off and jump to the present. Don't know how long you have been back but glad to see ya:)
Hey Steve, I returned just a few days ago -- As usual treading lightly thru the water to get my feet wet and an undertow grabbed ahold of me and nearly sucked me under teehee.

I didn't have John or Pernrider this time to throw me a liferaft so I swam for dear life teehee -- Yes I'm exagerating a little but thats what you get for not catching up LOL

It has been interesting though -- you missed a good chapter of the Golden Thread.

So glad your not permanently mia -- your like a comfy pair of slippers - just knowing you are here.

TLC -- Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#500909 Mar 9, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
It was more than a "remark" and it was not made only to you-
but to all women who have left abusive relationships, divorced
and remarried- children in toe..
Guess for me, I don't see why you don't seem to understand-
for me, I am using Lawlest's cruel judgemental behavior towards you-
a strong Christian woman- to make a point- he and his church are judging many woman falsely..In the Name of Christ.
I think that's great you see him in a different/better light.
That's between you two.
Happy you are here, Judy..again..
You are one of the reasons I have always come back to this
thread..
xo
Ya know LeLe I fell to sleep last night or I should say this morning - thinking of what is coming especially for women here in America -- Sharia Law will be prevalent one day.

And also thoughts of my first teenage marriage where I was physically abused,I litterally have been beaten unrecognizable several times. Attempted to be sold to into forced prostitution - took out to an old deep well in the middle of nowhere and assured my body would never be found.

I still found the will to fight back and get away -- I've never stopped working my way up and out of any situation I've ever found myself in.

Women need to hold responsibility for their own lives as well as not using someone for a crutch for failing. Indeed I'm a strong woman of faith "self made if you will" but looking back I see Gods footprints every step of my way.

Thats a really nice thing for you to say is that I'm one of the reasons you come back to this thread -- I can't think of too many threads that one can find eternal friendships, but we have it here.

TLC - Judy

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#500910 Mar 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like condescending stares, especially in an elevator.
Yeah, same here, especially if it's a murderer in clown shoes. I could deal with the murderer, and the stare.

The clown shoes are just too much.

One of those squirt gun flowers would probably do it too.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500913 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Your hatred of those of faith ...
Somebody call Dim a WAAAAAAHHHHHHmbulance. Poor persecuted baby.

It's contempt, of ye of low wattage - contempt. Look at how you behave.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#500914 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize, I couldn't help but read your conversation here - you have a homosexual son?
May I ask, has that been difficult for you as a Christian? Or was it something that was never an issue?
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely interested, but if you don't want to respond, you are welcome to not respond.
I didn't take it as being rude nor do I mind answering your question.

First I must correct you on something...I no longer am a part of the Christian faith.

Despite what some might think my stance on equality did not stem from my son being gay. That belief was a part of me long before he came in to my life. I also walked away from that faith long before I knew that he was gay. There is no correlation between the two.

I grew up seeing both sides of Christianity...the good...and the bad. It was always a constant conflict with me I think...the two sides just did not mesh. How could the God that I believed in...burn someone because they were different.

There is this childhood song that I learned...

If you don't go to Sunday School,you'll grow up to be bad
If you don't go to Sunday School you'll surely wish you had
If you hope some day to see the Lord,then you better start today
For those who miss the Sunday School,are on the downward way

Yet I knew so many good people that never went to Sunday school.

I lived in an area that when I look back...was racist and bigoted. It still is...I see it now...I just didn't then. It never dawned on me to against someone because they did not believe, look or act like me.

I don't know...to make a long story short...I always seemed to migrate to those that were shunned...simply because they were different.

Today I look at the above little song...one that I sang as a child...and wonder...

A comment was made to me last night...why couldn't I just post what I was grateful for (or something such as that). Okay...here goes.

If there is a God...I am grateful that he gave me my son. I am grateful that he was born to a mother that won't turn her back on him...a mother that accepts him for who he is.

I consider my son a gift from God...one that I promised to love and take of...that promise was not based on whether he was gay or straight.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#500916 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that's not science. That's someone's opinion. I really don't care what someone claims. What's important is what they can demonstrate through hypothesis testing.
Produce the research or you're just blowing hot air.
<< dressed in a peek-a-boo negligee, HL gallops towards HFY on a white steed with flowing black mane and a tri-colored tail >>

.. don't think Trifecta1 can tackle the scientific evidence of a strictly emergent consciousness ..

<< dismounting white horse, hugging HFY, soft smooch on forehead >>

.. a gaggle of neurons do not explain individual subjective experience. Neuroscience can explain what happens in the brain during a spiritual experience but it cannot explain the individual perception ..

<< penetrating, smoldering look into HFY's eyes >>

.. you cannot say a spiritual experience, or, believing in Jesus isn't the real deal, that it's all in the brain, because each persons subjective reality differs ..

.. biologist Rupert Sheldrake has proven telepathy is quite real, near-death-experiences support his research. Many scientists are currently studying the hypothesis of a collective consciousness ..

http://spiritualnotreligious.blogspot.com/201...

http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Papers/...

http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Papers/...

.. as an anthropologist, you must consider emergent properties that cannot be reduced to a molecular level ..

<< riding off into the sunset, HFY clinging to HL's waist eagerly anticipating a showdown at the altar of the Holy Church of Catcher >>

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500917 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
But... You guys are rarely compassionate, to me you have been yes and I respect you for it but most of the time...
Not true.

Why would that be if it were not in my nature to be compassionate and affectionate? I reserve the right to withdraw those from the undeserving, like Dim. That is why you see both: compassion as a baseline - your stories resonated with the part of me that feels the suffering of others - and revulsion to people like Dim. The difference is explained by the differences between the two of you, not me.

You started off on the same path as Dim with a lot of "liar" and "bigot" stuff in support of his campaign. And I smacked you a little. Here's where you two parted ways: you apologized, he won't. And that explains why you and I can find some kind of connection despite our radical philosophical differences, and find a few kind words for one another, but with Dim, it's very different. That's all Dim. He is not only too proud to relent, he keeps spitting malicious gossip like a talking camel.

With Established Harem

#500918 Mar 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes ~ like the Whales we are Spiritually linked, and while some are hurting, we are all hurting, it is just that not all are aware of it :)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry...did you just claim that whales are ... spiritually linked? Do you speak whale? Know what they experience?
.. how about the hypothesis of a collective consciousness ??..

With Established Harem

#500920 Mar 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have women fighting over you?
.. all the time. Thanks for noticing ..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#500921 Mar 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a promise, or a personal decision to be changed at will?
I have a hunch your addictive personality will win out and your will power will be weak.
Catcher...the human lapdog to the rescue! LOL

Good grief have some self-respect man

Location hidden

#500922 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody call Dim a WAAAAAAHHHHHHmbulance. Poor persecuted baby.
It's contempt, of ye of low wattage - contempt. Look at how you behave.
LOL

You are going off the deep-end "doctor"

It was simply an observation. I don't feel persecuted by nobodies in the bottom 5% of society

Your ego has confused you again

Location hidden

#500923 Mar 9, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Steve, I returned just a few days ago -- As usual treading lightly thru the water to get my feet wet and an undertow grabbed ahold of me and nearly sucked me under teehee.
I didn't have John or Pernrider this time to throw me a liferaft so I swam for dear life teehee -- Yes I'm exagerating a little but thats what you get for not catching up LOL
It has been interesting though -- you missed a good chapter of the Golden Thread.
So glad your not permanently mia -- your like a comfy pair of slippers - just knowing you are here.
TLC -- Judy
I can imagine

Just reading some of the posts today I have a feeling the liquor stores are making some cash! It would appear these humanists have nothing to do with their lives than spend all day on Topix hanging around Christians. They claim they want Christianity gone but whatever would they talk about if it was?

Fortunately for them it is never going to happen

I will always be around, just here and there:)

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#500924 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't have any followers.
Then why do they do nothing but defend you and you refer to yourself as "we"? I know you don't want to embarrass them but too late for that!
That's where ideas live, Dim, and nowhere else. That's where your god lives, too.
Its not in my head that you must spend hours writing about this. You have admitted to files and private websites and made a 21 list point of your immaginary groups principles. No point in lying about it now Dr Doolittle. If only you spent that much time on your patients
Some of you people are caricature of your own selves. Dude. Secular humanists wrote the US Constitution. Read the preamble. It resembles the Affirmations of Humanism, not your Commandments.
<quoted text>
caricatures of your own selfs! LOL, you are trying too hard to be clever doc. And what's this have to do with your make-believe group? I didn't bring up the Constitution, I only laughed at you making a 21-point list for you and the 2 people in your group which then you don't follow anyway.
What? Are you referring to the specialization of the hospice team? It didn't take you long, did it, Dim?
For the ten thousandth time, find the words or STFU. I'm pretty sure that you're confabulating again.
Are you so senile that you don't remember? LOL
As usual, you provide nothing better than your useless recollection of your less than useless comprehension of my words to impugn my character. You are completely without honor.
And of course that is why in most states, you are not allowed to vote, own weapons, or serve on juries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_of_rights_d...
By contrast, I am, and am also entrusted with peoples lives.
How dare you, you insolent snip.
Insolent snip? LOL

And you are retired Dr Doolittle, you aren't entrusted with anybody's life. And my record has been expunged. So while you are a senile old man delusional man with an ego desperately wanting to still be someone, I am a contributing member of society. Go feed some pigeons! LOL

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#500925 Mar 9, 2013

Location hidden

#500926 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah. Rational skepticism and secular humanism have given us science and political freedom for the individual. What has your "movement" - the Christian church - given us besides the Crusades, the Inquisitions, the Salem witch hunts, and more terror, shame, guilt and blame than humanity should have experienced?
<quoted text>
So in your head when you say "we" you are including anybody you choose from history that isn't a Christian?

LOL, wow

I meant your little group "doctor" with its own made-up constitution of whatever you want to call it.

What has YOUR group done? Quit taking credit for other people's work. You have been on Topix for years now. You have spent hours putting together lists and make-believe constitutions and refering to yourself as secular humanists and talking about the effect even your posts have on real life.

So tell me something YOU or someone who follows you and calls themself a secular humanist on Topix has done in real life to accomplish anything? Or have you just wasted hour after hour, day after day, week after week month after month and year after year pretending in your head that you have started some movement that doesn't exist?

What are YOUR accomplishes doctor as far as this movement against Christianity and towards "secular humanism"?

Like I said, go feed some pigeons old man, you are delusional!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min RiversideRedneck 104,523
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 981,211
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 2 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 184,571
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 4 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 392
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 5 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
More from around the web