“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#500801 Mar 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>I thank you for your kind words.
You're welcome :-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500802 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah?
Lol.. Yeah. Now, why did I say it.... I forget :-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500803 Mar 9, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry it is not. Jesus is dead!
Henry! I thought you were dead! Or didn't exist... Something...

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500804 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like somebody's having a penis butter and KY Jelly sandwich.
Ew

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500805 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>It happens.

I can tell you which countries I'll never be visiting, not anytime soon, anyway.
Go on...

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500806 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>If you think so.

He dismissed the quote outright and proceeded to quote from another book.

Is one book better than another? I think that's subjective, don't you?
Yes I do. Still petty...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500807 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fun game. I noticed those who enjoy denigrating and insulting others, don't much like it being done to them. I like you Tam but do not condescend to me, I'm aware of toxic tos thanks. I don't see it as a free for all, after all, what's good for some of your friends to write is not good for others. There's a name for that and it's not game.
Make no mistake. I have no friends here.(Well, except Tide. He's the only one that even has a clue about me).

I like you too Juicy but understand this. What I say is what I think at the time that I hit the Post Comment button or Enter key. It is what it is.

If you find it condescending, it's not my fault.

It is what it is.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500808 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Delusions of grandeur

Nobody knows who you are let alone are they listening to YOU

People vote their conscience, it has nothing to do with you and your 3 friends on the Internet

And newsflash

"Christianity is the most popular religion in the United States, with around 73% of polled Americans identifying themselves as Christian in 2012."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_...

I even used your favorite source so it will sink it

Nothing gets passed without our say so

The less than 5% you represent doesn't affect anything compared to 73%. 73 is larger than 5
That's not a Newsflash, I live under a rock and even I knew that, makes it funnier somehow :-)
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#500809 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusions of grandeur
Nobody knows who you are let alone are they listening to YOU
People vote their conscience, it has nothing to do with you and your 3 friends on the Internet
And newsflash
"Christianity is the most popular religion in the United States, with around 73% of polled Americans identifying themselves as Christian in 2012."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_...
I even used your favorite source so it will sink it
Nothing gets passed without our say so
The less than 5% you represent doesn't affect anything compared to 73%. 73 is larger than 5
Lol. It's quite funny what I hear from the "love and compassion" folks. Just had a flashback to 5th grade lunch. Everyone wanted to be with the cool kids. I just know we are thankful for each day and if everyone else said being a Christian isn't worth it we will finish well. Take care.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500810 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Its just bizare

Doesn't go the extra mile for patients or even like them would be my guess

Hates 73% of the population although he won't admit to it and calls them "church"

Apparently gave money for years knowing it went only to the pastor and his family or is lying about that now to put a negative spin on it as nobody would do that. And either way once he stopped giving away 10% of his income to a place where it wasn't going to do some good he decided rather than finding a place where it would do some good he will just keep it for himself

Yet he preaches tolerance and humanitarianism

It would seem he can't even be honest with himself

Alright, procrastinated long enough

G'night:)
I know..... GN Skom :-)
IMO

United States

#500811 Mar 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing...... a wonderful contribution AJ :)
We know what you think about Christians, in general, and somehow you always find postings to share with us, hoping to make us feel better I guess.
Well sadly, your inspiration fails many times, and your postings reflect an attitude that somehow, I don't think you recognise. The woe is me, poor mother of a homosexual son wears thin...... and so do these sort of postings.
Why didn't I write something positive to you instead of what I have written? In my eyes, as least, this is an honest response to a typical posting, and believe me, I am expecting some sort of "I told you so" posting, as you ram it down our throats how un Christian I am being.
Well, I think JESUS would have eventually said something similar; if you don't have something nice to say, then try not saying it.
How about something more like "Thank GOD I am alive today ~ I can breathe in this marvelous air, see the marvelous animals, listen to the marvelous birds and enjoy the marvelous sky - and hope that you can all do the same"?
We have known each other a long time AJ, and know each others faults, and I am not throwing down a gauntlet as such, just asking you to lay off and ease up a bit.... Cheers, Serah
The web site below tells a story of supreme hate. Because this man was different, many people
Find themselves as being superior to people who are different. When you speak of people
who are different I remember they are all Godís children. He will be the one to decide if
How they lived their lives to Glorify him.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/05/murdered...

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500812 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I'm confused about why you two aren't getting along. I confess that I don't read the posts about doctrine, and so don't know what your issue of disagreement is.

But what difference could possibly justify you not getting along better? And why can't your religion bring two relatively gentle and kind women who ostensibly love the same god together? And isn't that significant that it doesn't? You don't see irreligious people doing this. The conclusion is obvious to me. Religion is divisive and belligerent.

Yes, the believers and unbelievers are each belligerent to the other. But look more closely at where this comes from. The believers are also belligerent with one another. We are not. We all get along with the other unbelievers here. Happy Lesbo never calls Catcher names, and Hiding and River Tam never say things like what you and Serah, or Quin and whichever Christians he fights with say to one another.

That saddens and concerns me.

I don't expect you to turn on your religion. But please try to see what I see. We will all get along better without religion.
You lot argue between yourselves, I've been in your 'humanist''science' threads. Will your blatant hypocrisy ever end?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500813 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
What brought this on? For one we seem to like similar movies and have similar humour. Do all those labels you've used for yourself make you incapable of connection? I don't think so. I have a teenage son, I find teens delightful and largely misunderstood by Society, in Oz anyway. Am I supposed to take your nationality, sexuality and physical condition into account? It didn't occur to me to do so... If that offends you, I apologise. Does anyone here actually comprehend absence of prejudice in a person? To me, you've always just been a funny, witty gal.
You're the Mum of a teenager and I am a teenager. That's a similarity and a difference.

We're both from the Asian/Pacific region but from different countries. That's a similarity and a difference.

Do you know any lesbians other than me?

:-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500814 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Grey is my favourite colour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =P0uFWxkTv78XX
Awww... I love that song :-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500815 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>What brought this on? For one we seem to like similar movies and have similar humour. Do all those labels you've used for yourself make you incapable of connection? I don't think so. I have a teenage son, I find teens delightful and largely misunderstood by Society, in Oz anyway. Am I supposed to take your nationality, sexuality and physical condition into account? It didn't occur to me to do so... If that offends you, I apologise. Does anyone here actually comprehend absence of prejudice in a person? To me, you've always just been a funny, witty gal.
That was supposed to be music not movies.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500816 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Make no mistake. I have no friends here.(Well, except Tide. He's the only one that even has a clue about me).

I like you too Juicy but understand this. What I say is what I think at the time that I hit the Post Comment button or Enter key. It is what it is.

If you find it condescending, it's not my fault.

It is what it is.
Yep. Teenager alright. Ok, I hope I get that very same right :-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500817 Mar 9, 2013
IMO wrote:
<quoted text>The web site below tells a story of supreme hate. Because this man was different, many people
Find themselves as being superior to people who are different. When you speak of people
who are different I remember they are all God’s children. He will be the one to decide if
How they lived their lives to Glorify him.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/05/murdered...
Pathetic. Here comes the cavalry... Serah isn't a killer, sock. Get over yourself.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#500818 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>You're the Mum of a teenager and I am a teenager. That's a similarity and a difference.

We're both from the Asian/Pacific region but from different countries. That's a similarity and a difference.

Do you know any lesbians other than me?

:-)
I do :-)

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#500819 Mar 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja it's 'warm'... and lots of cold showers. I am more accustomed to the moist heat of the tropics, and this is dry. Nice to just dip in the sea when-ever... but shower, or bucket water next alternative.
First time I tasted beer I spat it straight out, saying it tasted like rotten bananas >>>grin<<< never could stomach it again... No 'religion' needed there to put me off!
But I'd die in the snow anyway,+ have only seen snow long after it fell - very beautiful!- and walked on it. But not seen it fall.
Sure are getting some of that 'iciness' in USA now!
Did you enjoy your flute concert?
I like that when it is very natural... not philharmonic.
The bamboo pan-flute too!
What kind do you enjoy? Guess it's a relax moment for you.
Nice to see you remember me, as I still wanted to post you.
Thank you HFY!
Yes, I enjoyed it. Most of my friends in Japan are professional classical musicians. That's their life, performing on stage.

Thanks for asking :)

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#500820 Mar 9, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Just passing by(searching for an amigo)...
Hello HFY,
Never rule out China's involvement (whether covert or more direct)...they have "scores to settle" -particularly with Nippon...Who was it that once said (a gov't official) to the Chinese(I paraphrase) "If we wanted to we could begin making warheads with the speed and efficiency we do with Toyotas"
You have a good day:)
I think that's a bit too naive for nations. Sure, their peoples have memories (short ones, but long grudges), but their leaders want power. So they work out their issues.

China is Japan's largest trading partner - USA lost that position in 2005. It's unlikely China is going to do anything other than economically maneuver. They are called the "sleeping dragon" for a reason.

But, yes. We could have nuclear weapons this time tomorrow if we wanted. All the pieces are waiting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 774,974
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 559,371
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 min WasteWater 5,712
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min WasteWater 5,099
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 20 min Grau 32
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min WasteWater 265,098
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 40 min gemma 660
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lyndi 175,605
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web