Location hidden

#500751 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My favourite character was Mr. Wu.
He knew that hogs eat meat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1ATPFtDWW_kXX
all the HBO series are awesome

I have no idea why they cancelled it after three seasons, it was just heating up. They said they were going to make a Deadwood movie but of course it never happened.

I was pissed when Rome was cancelled to

Sopranos and OZ had run their course but I could have watched Deadwood and Rome easily for another 3 seasons. Same with The Wire.

With all the crap out there today especially in movies I don't get it when shows like Law and Order or mini-series on HBO turn out better stuff on a weekly basis

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#500752 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly eye.
Oh yeah?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#500753 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped going over thirty years ago.
And I did some calculations. I would have given ten percent of my income to the priests and their children instead of saving it and spending it on me and mine.
I actually though I was in the middle of reading something I was actually going to respect

I thought you were going to say instead of giving it to the church were you felt it was being used simply to enrich church leaders you instead gave it direct to (insert charity or cause) where you could see the results.

I should have known how it was going to end

Strange though that when you believed in god you had no problem donating to the church where the money is supposed to go to operating costs and funding charities. Its only once you stopped believing in God did you just keep all your money for yourself so you could retire earlier

Why if you were willing to give 10 percent before wouldn't you still give 10% but instead direct to a cause you wanted to support?

Seems like your main reason for not believing in God was you found it cheaper

If you only knew the true cost of your decision
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#500754 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they could have been better, but it was quickly available, and the Wiki article was pretty accurate, the other was too, even as a blog.
Sometimes it's not worth searching for 30 mins to dredge up link after link when a couple gives a decent picture.
That's always the point though, if someone wants to discuss or present counters to what was put forth, I'm good with that.
I am sorry it is not. Jesus is dead!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#500755 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea why they cancelled it after three seasons, it was just heating up. They said they were going to make a Deadwood movie but of course it never happened.
Sopranos and OZ had run their course but I could have watched Deadwood and Rome easily for another 3 seasons. Same with The Wire.
With all the crap out there today especially in movies I don't get it when shows like Law and Order or mini-series on HBO turn out better stuff on a weekly basis
Good early morning Skom, speaking of HBO, Bill Maher has been cracking me up lately.

Peace.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500756 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Always trying to find good music
Heard this one on an episode of Sopranos
The rest of her music sucks but this song is really good imo
The Captain Lyrics - Kasey Chambers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8nDeivO0GgIXX
Its good right from the beginning
We all have something that we're known for. I'm not allowed to go into a certain bar in New Hampshire. I don't even drink nor am I old enough to but, apparently, I made a lasting impression on the patrons. I got a letter from the Mayor.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500757 Mar 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
when immoral people try and force Christians to accept a lifestyle, the homosexual lifestyle as moral, that they should be rebuked, and rebuffed in a strong manner.
That's one of the ideas that will lead to your irrelevance. Add the pessimism toward mankind and your losing war with science to that list, and you can see how out of step with humanist values.

Unfortunately for you, we are the ones people are listening to, not you. The harder you resist, the faster you fade away.

Incidentally, by trying to keep gay marriage illegal, it is you that is attempting to impose your values on society. Permitting gay marriage forces nothing on you but tolerance.

You keep rebuking and rebuffing. Do it loudly and often. And adios to your church.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#500758 Mar 9, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry it is not. Jesus is dead!
Good to see you, Henry.
siggif

Pittsburgh, PA

#500759 Mar 9, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Wheres the Beef?
or whos beef?

theres is no Jesus hes dead like all Humans

Fennario

#500760 Mar 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The price paid for one box of condoms and ky jelly
Sounds like somebody's having a penis butter and KY Jelly sandwich.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#500761 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
That's disgusting...
It happens.

I can tell you which countries I'll never be visiting, not anytime soon, anyway.

Fennario

#500762 Mar 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I was at a urinal once, perhaps in the Madonna Inn. On the wall, above the urinal, was a sign: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING UP HERE FOR, YOU'RE PISSING ON YOUR SHOE
LOL.

I stayed there once. My room looked like a brothel.

Fennario

#500763 Mar 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Jesus Follower no have to answer to no one, but Jesus Christ. Step on them. They spirit not no higher than a cockroach, and they need to be crushed.
Jesus speaks through you, doesn't he?

Jesus is the potter, and you are his shard.

Lo, the angels sang, "O holy! O so very holy!"

LOL. What a failed philosophy.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500764 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you watch Justified? You'll notice some familiar actors from Deadwood. Timothy Olyphant is one of the producers and portrays the main character. I think it's the best thing on basic cable these days.

Location hidden

#500765 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have something that we're known for. I'm not allowed to go into a certain bar in New Hampshire. I don't even drink nor am I old enough to but, apparently, I made a lasting impression on the patrons. I got a letter from the Mayor.
LOL

Even I haven't gotten a letter from the mayor! Although as part of the terms of my release when I got out of jail I was told I was no longer allowed within the city limits! I didn't even know that was legal and I was a criminal justice major! I know they can prevent people from being in "known drug areas" and give them trespassing tickets but I didn't know they can kick a person out of the city! I had to sneak back to see my girlfriend on the weekends. They also gave me lifetime probation which I had never heard of but turned out legally it can't be more than 7 years.

It's probably a good thing you and I weren't the same age and didn't travel in the same circles:)

Hey btw you are serious about the amputee part? I had always thought you were kidding around. No wonder you are so mentally strong for your age. Some people it is obvious they don't sweat the small stuff and a lot of times its because they know from real issues and its easy to put things in perspective. You wouldn't know it from my posts as I enjoy debating and arguing but in real-life there isn't much that can knock me off my spot as I have been thru it all.

Calling it a night but I am enjoying getting to know more about you

(T) Peace

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#500766 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking within the context of the Bible. In the Bible miracles and punishments were witnessed by many but you may be right as far as God only speaking to one person at a time. I actually want to look into that so I know for myself but I can't think of any situations off-hand where God spoke to more than one person in the Bible other than Adam and Eve. It would seem like there would be other examples but maybe not

mike wrote, "<quoted text>
Can you demonstrate your relationship with a GOD, must I take your word for it?..."

You don't have to accept it but yeah you would have to take my word for it. What else could someone do that would accept?

I agree your relationship is personal with your GOD. However, why is it necessary to express that relationship,"

Its required as far as witnessing but people often enjoy talking about loved ones or sharing information they think may help someone. I realize despite coming to this room you have stated previously you prefer Christians keep their beliefs to themselves but I think that kind of demonstrates the problem. You have the freedom to come here if you wish or to avoid interacting with Christians if you wish. We have the freedom to talk about our faith. Is everything you do necessary or do you engage in things you enjoy doing as well? Its no different for us

mike wrote, "
If a GOD is "doing" things for you, can you in turn do for others?
"

Absolutely. In fact I would say I have a duty to

If a GOD is the reason for "miracles", why doesn't it expand, grow,or spread?
Most importantly,..why is a GOD secretive?
"

Well I have no way of knowing what things God has impacted so I couldn't comment on the first part. But I don't find God to be secretive just because He deals with people as individuals. A majority of the country is Christian so I think He must not be too secretive. But what need is there for God to deal with people as groups? However the bottom line is faith. Could God present Himself to the world? Sure. But what then? I believe this life is a test. Now no faith would be required and people would change how they act only for self-serving reasons like kids being good before Christmas. I think faith is a key element because it also requires someone to try to be a better person even knowing there may be no payout. It is more legit that way IMO
Hi Skom! Haven't seen you for awhile! How's things?
:-)

Location hidden

#500767 Mar 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning Skom, speaking of HBO, Bill Maher has been cracking me up lately.
Peace.
I haven't caught his show in a while

My dad watches it and i see it on my torrent sites but already have like 60 hours of tv and movies on my computer that I haven't been able to get to. Going to be off for like 6 weeks in a few months. At least a quarter of that time I plan on deepening the ass-groove on my couch and catching up on tv! LOL

(T) Peace

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#500768 Mar 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey HU ~ I was wrong I know, but I sort of get sick of reading these postings;

AnnieJ wrote:
This statement made by a follower of Jesus Christ sounds no different to me than what a radical Muslim would say...
"Step on them. They spirit not no higher than a cockroach, and they need to be crushed."

I know AJ is someone who walked away from Jesus Christ, and is no longer a Christian, but I can't see why the need to keep on posting these sort of postings..... and overstepped the mark in saying so.

I apologise to all I might have offended in my response, but am not surprised to read that which I have read in reaction ~ Cheers, HU, and I have also just come home from that little stint in hospital, still taking pain killers for that headachy thing and probably not really the happy little vegemite that I should be. I will endeavour to ensure that my postings are of the more uplifted kind :)
I loved your post ;)

Location hidden

#500769 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you watch Justified? You'll notice some familiar actors from Deadwood. Timothy Olyphant is one of the producers and portrays the main character. I think it's the best thing on basic cable these days.
That's weird you mention that because I just saw like ten minutes of it on Tuesday as it came on after the Ultimate Fighter and I was home from work Tuesday. I almost never watch tv direct and download everything but because i was home i watched it live. I was about to turn the tv off when an adversary came on saying the next show had a warning for strong violence and language. So I was curious what kind of show it was. The first ten minutes were great but I had a bunch of crap I was trying to get done so stopped then but actually made a note to check it out. I just started watching season 1 of "Breaking Bad". I am on episode 4.

Looks like I have another show to add to the list!

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 796,616
contagion what ails the system (Oct '08) 5 min MAKEWORLDPEACEIDI... 736
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min cowboy 120,759
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 9 min Alli 1,899
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Remnant of 144000 39,679
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 568,575
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 24 min Madre68 10
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr thewordofme 641
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 267,562
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 20 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web