Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500650 Mar 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
How does my belief or disbelief enter into your relationship with Jesus? Either you are behaving according to what Jesus asks, or you aren't. And as I have explained to you before, I am familiar with the Bible and was a Christian, so I do in fact know what it says and what it means.
When you make Trifecta angry, his god gets angry as well. Trifecta's god, by the most amazing of coincidences, thinks just like Trifecta, mimics his emotional state exactly, and approves of everything Trifecta does. This makes you a hypocrite and Trifecta forgiven.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#500651 Mar 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing...... a wonderful contribution AJ :)
We know what you think about Christians, in general, and somehow you always find postings to share with us, hoping to make us feel better I guess.
Well sadly, your inspiration fails many times, and your postings reflect an attitude that somehow, I don't think you recognise. The woe is me, poor mother of a homosexual son wears thin...... and so do these sort of postings.
Why didn't I write something positive to you instead of what I have written? In my eyes, as least, this is an honest response to a typical posting, and believe me, I am expecting some sort of "I told you so" posting, as you ram it down our throats how un Christian I am being.
Well, I think JESUS would have eventually said something similar; if you don't have something nice to say, then try not saying it.
How about something more like "Thank GOD I am alive today ~ I can breathe in this marvelous air, see the marvelous animals, listen to the marvelous birds and enjoy the marvelous sky - and hope that you can all do the same"?
We have known each other a long time AJ, and know each others faults, and I am not throwing down a gauntlet as such, just asking you to lay off and ease up a bit.... Cheers, Serah
Hi Serah,
Did you stub your toe this morning ...or are you just having a bad day? I ask because I find this post intentionally cruel and so out of character for you.

You know Annie is registered. T-mail probably would of been a better choice allowing you to voice your concerns privately. I'm afraid what you have done here only serves to diminish your own integrity.

The two of you have been posting in this room for years ...
Why all of a sudden ...???

I hope you two can find mutual ground. Such a shame to witness this end.

hu

Fennario

#500652 Mar 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
If you was so concerned about a Jesus Follower living Christ-like, you would not have turned your back on Christianity but instead would be showing everyone what it means to live Christ-like.
Wilderide is a more Christlike than you are. He also has the peace that passeth all understanding and the fruits of the Spirit that eluded you. You're an angry and humorless guy.
trifecta1 wrote:
The fact that you leave Christianity because you believe it is a myth, then level criticisms on Christians that you think not living by the ethics of a myth in your view, to me show evil gross hypocrisy
He is showing your hypocrisy. He is not in conflict with his stated ethics the way you are. He is actually in accord with your stated ethics better than you are. Consider the Golden Rule, a central tenet of humanism and rational ethics. Who wouldn't rather be treated more like Wildsride treats you than like you treat him?

Who's the hypocrite here?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#500653 Mar 8, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
Miracles are usually defined as happy unexplained, I've never heard of wide spread miracles. Devastation and tragedy wins hands down.
I was talking within the context of the Bible. In the Bible miracles and punishments were witnessed by many but you may be right as far as God only speaking to one person at a time. I actually want to look into that so I know for myself but I can't think of any situations off-hand where God spoke to more than one person in the Bible other than Adam and Eve. It would seem like there would be other examples but maybe not
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you demonstrate your relationship with a GOD, must I take your word for it?...
You don't have to accept it but yeah you would have to take my word for it. What else could someone do that would accept?
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree your relationship is personal with your GOD. However, why is it necessary to express that relationship,
Its required as far as witnessing but people often enjoy talking about loved ones or sharing information they think may help someone. I realize despite coming to this room you have stated previously you prefer Christians keep their beliefs to themselves but I think that kind of demonstrates the problem. You have the freedom to come here if you wish or to avoid interacting with Christians if you wish. We have the freedom to talk about our faith. Is everything you do necessary or do you engage in things you enjoy doing as well? Its no different for us
mike wrote:
If a GOD is "doing" things for you, can you in turn do for others?
Absolutely. In fact I would say I have a duty to
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
If a GOD is the reason for "miracles", why doesn't it expand, grow,or spread?
Most importantly,..why is a GOD secretive?
Well I have no way of knowing what things God has impacted so I couldn't comment on the first part. But I don't find God to be secretive just because He deals with people as individuals. A majority of the country is Christian so I think He must not be too secretive. But what need is there for God to deal with people as groups? However the bottom line is faith. Could God present Himself to the world? Sure. But what then? I believe this life is a test. Now no faith would be required and people would change how they act only for self-serving reasons like kids being good before Christmas. I think faith is a key element because it also requires someone to try to be a better person even knowing there may be no payout. It is more legit that way IMO

Location hidden

#500654 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah if I should die before you please write my eulogy lol -- you are such a dear dear friend and you know I love you -- I am the very same person within these posts that I am setting right here in this chair at home -- do I slip ahhh you bet I do, do I fall - more than I care to share --
But what a gift it is for me to come in and share with you and our beloved friends -- to be able to draw from Gods supply of friendships and love.
You and I hold a very special bond here and the outside world -- and I too have a special momento right here of a necklace and koala key chain that I cherish so much --
With loving thoughts and smiles across the miles -- TLC - Judy
Hey Judy!

I am a ridiculous number of posts behind so am just going to scroll a few pages past where I left off and jump to the present. Don't know how long you have been back but glad to see ya:)

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#500655 Mar 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'm a believer of the bible and not Christendom, so of course, I don't believe that any "soul" lives on. This is what scaritual and myself have been discussing. And this is why I suggested that you read our posts.
First of all and according to the bible, the "soul" is the combination of both, flesh and the breath of "God." We don't have souls. We are souls! Genesis 2:7 proves as much by saying, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Again, "man became a living soul."
Check into it. The so-called "scientific discovery" you're referring to is called "Noetic Science." In an attempt to understand life, death, and a possible after-life, certain scientists have become involved in certain experiments to examine the beliefs that many call "ancient mysteries." The Institute of Noetic Sciences was founded in 1973 by former astronaut Edgar Mitchell and investor Paul N. Temple.
You're not disproving atheists. You're strengthening their unbelief, doubt, and contention.
Yeah, it was the Hellenization of early Christianity, IE: Greek influence; that intermingled the necessity of "spirit and flesh" >> flesh(weak, evil) being a very important component of those outside influences.

Every time I hear "the flesh" mentioned within Christian context, I sorta chuckle.

At that moment they might as well be talking about any number of Greek deity/religious/pagan beliefs.

Think about it, just an example.

Okay, here's the Jesus! and he's fasting and on his "vision quest -desert - 40 days - no water - etc...", and the Satan! tempts him? Causes him to almost falter? The Yahweh already booted his ass(the Satan!) out of "the Heaven!".

Oh, yeah, that's right, it's not just the Jesus!, it's the 3n'1 Trynamic Trio - UNO.

A god, the Jesus!, your god?

That nasty ole' "Debbil" just about tempted him? The Yahweh!

The Creator of the Universe?

He-Man? "I have the POWER!"

Fits loosely within the Greek mythos, eh?

Mix it with some newly emerging religious beliefs and in classic internet slang:

"WALLA" ¤poof¤.·:*¨`*†Christianity†*¨` *:·.

hahahaaa.

C'mon, guys, I really hate to make light of it with the He-Man references and such ...(okay, not really)

But, look at what you worship, don't worship what you look at.

I've seen tarot cards, astrology, and wtf, at least one other sort of non-biblical practice mentioned since I've been here. Oh, and the NDE's and something akin to channeling.

It's like the Wheel Of Fortune Zombie Voodoo Jesus! Action Figure Extravaganza Wotan Bake Sale up in here.

Do half of you even know what you believe?

Fennario

#500656 Mar 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what then? what is [Your Philosophy?]
It involves mutual respect and reason. You wouldn't understand.

This is for snevaeh legna, who asked what our better idea was :

THE AFFIRMATIONS OF HUMANISM: A STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php...

[1] We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.

[2] We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, explain the world in supernatural terms, and look outside nature for salvation.

[3] We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.

[4] We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.

[5] We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.

[6] We [prefer] negotiation and compromise to [resolve] differences and achiev[e] mutual understanding.

[7] We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.

[8] We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.

[9] We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on [prejudices] and strive to work together for the common good.

[10] We want to protect, preserve and enhance the earth, and avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.

[11] We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.

[12] We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.

[13] Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.

[14] We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. Together we discover normative standards tested by their consequences.

[15] We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.

[16] We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.

[17] We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.

[18] We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas.

[19] We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.

[20] We believe in optimism, hope, learning, truth, joy, tolerance, love, compassion, beauty, and reason rather than pessimism, despair, dogma, ignorance, guilt or sin, fear, hatred, selfishness, ugliness, and blind, irrational faith.

[21] We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.

==========

Note that this is not only a superior philosophy and set of ethics, but also that we actually embody them far more closely than Christians do theirs. We do more than simply give lip service to compassion and cooperation. Look at number [20] again.How many times have you seen these values expressed in our protestations against your philosophy of pessimism, nihilism, and misanthropy?

"We believe in optimism, hope, learning, truth, joy, tolerance, love, compassion, beauty, and reason rather than pessimism, despair, dogma, ignorance, guilt or sin, fear, hatred, selfishness, ugliness, and blind, irrational faith."

Contrast that with these quotes from Christians on this thread:

"it's all symptoms of a failed humanity."

"This world is going to hell in a hand basket"

"We have turned this planet into a disease ridden, corrupt and vile toilet"

We have a much better idea.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#500657 Mar 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with everything you have just posted ...... many good points AJ!!
She said you make snide comments..
You do agree with that?
That's great!

I agree with everything Annie said in her post..
just as you do..

-unless ofcourse..you were being snide..again.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#500658 Mar 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking within the context of the Bible. In the Bible miracles and punishments were witnessed by many but you may be right as far as God only speaking to one person at a time. I actually want to look into that so I know for myself but I can't think of any situations off-hand where God spoke to more than one person in the Bible other than Adam and Eve. It would seem like there would be other examples but maybe not
<quoted text>
You don't have to accept it but yeah you would have to take my word for it. What else could someone do that would accept?
<quoted text>
Its required as far as witnessing but people often enjoy talking about loved ones or sharing information they think may help someone. I realize despite coming to this room you have stated previously you prefer Christians keep their beliefs to themselves but I think that kind of demonstrates the problem. You have the freedom to come here if you wish or to avoid interacting with Christians if you wish. We have the freedom to talk about our faith. Is everything you do necessary or do you engage in things you enjoy doing as well? Its no different for us
<quoted text>
Absolutely. In fact I would say I have a duty to
<quoted text>
Well I have no way of knowing what things God has impacted so I couldn't comment on the first part. But I don't find God to be secretive just because He deals with people as individuals. A majority of the country is Christian so I think He must not be too secretive. But what need is there for God to deal with people as groups? However the bottom line is faith. Could God present Himself to the world? Sure. But what then? I believe this life is a test. Now no faith would be required and people would change how they act only for self-serving reasons like kids being good before Christmas. I think faith is a key element because it also requires someone to try to be a better person even knowing there may be no payout. It is more legit that way IMO
Hey SkomDude,
I'll be off for several days ...just checking out the ol' neighborhood. It seems most of the old crowd has moved on. Such is life, huh.

Anyway, just wanted to throw my hand up ...

Fennario

#500659 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You are conflating spirituality and superstition.
Many atheists are spiritual. We just don't believe in your skydaddy or your myths.
Good point.

People claiming to be filled with a spirit are merely claiming to be spirit mediums, which has nothing to do with sprirituality. Authentic spirituality has nothing to do with ghosts or spirits.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500660 Mar 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>The posting was about people killing people........ atheists are people, aren't they? Perhaps they are aliens, after all LOL
Perhaps they are. Perhaps we are all aliens and most don't know it.
Look at the supposed view of the progression of the "homosapien".
Particularly the feet...we do not fit the evolutionary effects of the planet.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#500661 Mar 8, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
She said you make snide comments..
You do agree with that?
That's great!
I agree with everything Annie said in her post..
just as you do..
-unless ofcourse..you were being snide..again.
Hey ...
you gotta beef with me?
hu

Location hidden

#500662 Mar 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't understand my reply to your posting?
Flip, what next?
Welcome to the forum, Atheist, your leader awaits you!! Oh, didn't you know there is a self appointed leader in here? Too bad about that, and funnily enough, I don't think he will claim you on his side, either LOL
SEEN says Christianity is an evil religion and then tells me I am not a "real Christian"

Wouldn't that be a good thing according to him?

I stopped trying to follow him when he said he only stayed in the faith after receiving the knowledge he got from the other side at age two because he was a child and felt obligated to appease his parents but then later claimed he left the faith after doing independent study.

I believe some people have out out-of-body experiences or may have even gone someone different. I think other people simply feel very unimportant and create fantasies in their head to help them cope. Normally it is delusions of grandeur such as having knowledge most don't have or leading some new movement of non-theists.

If anybody was destined for the greatness they seem to think they are destined for, my guess is they would not be spending most their time on Topix in pursuit of that goal. Its just like the Campingites being on Topix the night before the supposed rapture. But if it makes people feel better to think they are bringing down Christianity or have been to the other side or whatever they feel makes them unique then to each their own. I have been thinking about and it seems like popping that balloon is almost cruel considering the circumstances that must exist for someone to have to formulate this immaginary scenario where they play such a special role.

Personally I think if someone wants to feel special they should go do some volunteer work. The person you are helping will make you feel like you are very special and it requires no delusions or attacks on others and actually accomplishes something good at the same time

(T) Peace

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#500663 Mar 8, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah,
Did you stub your toe this morning ...or are you just having a bad day? I ask because I find this post intentionally cruel and so out of character for you.
You know Annie is registered. T-mail probably would of been a better choice allowing you to voice your concerns privately. I'm afraid what you have done here only serves to diminish your own integrity.
The two of you have been posting in this room for years ...
Why all of a sudden ...???
I hope you two can find mutual ground. Such a shame to witness this end.
hu
Hey HU ~ I was wrong I know, but I sort of get sick of reading these postings;

AnnieJ wrote:
This statement made by a follower of Jesus Christ sounds no different to me than what a radical Muslim would say...
"Step on them. They spirit not no higher than a cockroach, and they need to be crushed."

I know AJ is someone who walked away from Jesus Christ, and is no longer a Christian, but I can't see why the need to keep on posting these sort of postings..... and overstepped the mark in saying so.

I apologise to all I might have offended in my response, but am not surprised to read that which I have read in reaction ~ Cheers, HU, and I have also just come home from that little stint in hospital, still taking pain killers for that headachy thing and probably not really the happy little vegemite that I should be. I will endeavour to ensure that my postings are of the more uplifted kind :)

#500664 Mar 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps they are. Perhaps we are all aliens and most don't know it.
Look at the supposed view of the progression of the "homosapien".
Particularly the feet...we do not fit the evolutionary effects of the planet.
Yeah ~ I have thought of that myself :)

Location hidden

#500665 Mar 8, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey SkomDude,
I'll be off for several days ...just checking out the ol' neighborhood. It seems most of the old crowd has moved on. Such is life, huh.
Anyway, just wanted to throw my hand up ...
Hey brother

Thanks for the shout

Yep, lot of new faces and a lot of familiar ones gone. My work is like that too. Life itself seems to have a high turnover rate as most friendships are sustained by proximity, convenience, and beer no matter how strong they are at the time. The 3 guys I have stayed close to and still talk to and visit I have been friends with since grade-school and high school. I had always liked that Topix eliminated the need for proximity to 'see' familiar faces. But its looking like the "good ol days" have come and went here too/ At least there are still some of the old crew floating around

Have a good trip man

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500666 Mar 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>That might be the case with this "religious mania," but according to what's written, otherwise is stated.
Luke 13:1-4
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
1Kings 19:11-12
And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire.
According to what I've just quoted and the believing realist, there's much room for "in the wrong place at the wrong time" and "accidents."
That was written as well. That's why I put the author's name after the quote.

Can you put the author's name after your quote? It would be appreciated.

#500667 Mar 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
SEEN says Christianity is an evil religion and then tells me I am not a "real Christian"
Wouldn't that be a good thing according to him?
I stopped trying to follow him when he said he only stayed in the faith after receiving the knowledge he got from the other side at age two because he was a child and felt obligated to appease his parents but then later claimed he left the faith after doing independent study.
I believe some people have out out-of-body experiences or may have even gone someone different. I think other people simply feel very unimportant and create fantasies in their head to help them cope. Normally it is delusions of grandeur such as having knowledge most don't have or leading some new movement of non-theists.
If anybody was destined for the greatness they seem to think they are destined for, my guess is they would not be spending most their time on Topix in pursuit of that goal. Its just like the Campingites being on Topix the night before the supposed rapture. But if it makes people feel better to think they are bringing down Christianity or have been to the other side or whatever they feel makes them unique then to each their own. I have been thinking about and it seems like popping that balloon is almost cruel considering the circumstances that must exist for someone to have to formulate this immaginary scenario where they play such a special role.
Personally I think if someone wants to feel special they should go do some volunteer work. The person you are helping will make you feel like you are very special and it requires no delusions or attacks on others and actually accomplishes something good at the same time
(T) Peace
Yes ~ there were times when I spent many hours helping out with Camp Quality, and indeed those were fun times spent with loving and lovely people.....

Peace also to you too Skom :)

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#500668 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
To be truthful LeLe I've not kept up with all the doctrinal beliefs of Scott - only the remark he made to me which differs from my faith.
So I choose not to comment on something I really haven't took time to dig into.
No I don't believe we are to judge, even though it's human nature to do so -- and most of us are guilty of doing so.
I've been priviledged to a bit of personal knowledge with Scott and have held him and lifted in prayer and worked with another believer on his behalf -- so my friendship lies outside of Topix enough for me to say I treasure his friendship.
Again you are so right we will never see the magic of the likes of Ham or Micah again -- I for one have learned from both of them.
I'm so glad to read you still feel we have a special bond LeLe, cause I was beginning to worry for a moment -- what a mind exhausting day - so with sincere love and friendship GOoD night TLC - Judy
It was more than a "remark" and it was not made only to you-
but to all women who have left abusive relationships, divorced
and remarried- children in toe..
Guess for me, I don't see why you don't seem to understand-
for me, I am using Lawlest's cruel judgemental behavior towards you-
a strong Christian woman- to make a point- he and his church are judging many woman falsely..In the Name of Christ.

I think that's great you see him in a different/better light.
That's between you two.

Happy you are here, Judy..again..
You are one of the reasons I have always come back to this
thread..
xo

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#500669 Mar 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I'm Chinese.
What planet are you from?
I'm guessing he's from Naboo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,216
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Billary Killed Se... 683,922
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hukt on Fonix 983,249
That's all your good for God!!! 1 hr doG mnDaed lHyo i... 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,420
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr RottenR3d 46,266
We need better RideShare in Austin 14 hr RideshareDriverLi... 1
More from around the web