“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#500550 Mar 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks. Cold shower and beer then?
Ja it's 'warm'... and lots of cold showers. I am more accustomed to the moist heat of the tropics, and this is dry. Nice to just dip in the sea when-ever... but shower, or bucket water next alternative.

First time I tasted beer I spat it straight out, saying it tasted like rotten bananas >>>grin<<< never could stomach it again... No 'religion' needed there to put me off!

But I'd die in the snow anyway,+ have only seen snow long after it fell - very beautiful!- and walked on it. But not seen it fall.

Sure are getting some of that 'iciness' in USA now!

Did you enjoy your flute concert?
I like that when it is very natural... not philharmonic.
The bamboo pan-flute too!

What kind do you enjoy? Guess it's a relax moment for you.
Nice to see you remember me, as I still wanted to post you.
Thank you HFY!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#500551 Mar 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!
We are ALL heathens to someone, somewhere.
Understanding that we are ALL brothers to everyone, everywhere, is the difficult realization some never arrive at.
;)
Well said.

Humans tend to look more for the few differences than the millions of similarities between ourselves and others.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#500552 Mar 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!
Understanding that we are ALL brothers to everyone, everywhere, is the difficult realization some never arrive at.
;)
Yes; I have to agree, but perhaps as we communicate more, tolerance grows and finally becomes accepted.

If we cannot agree on Spiritual matters in the here and now, perhaps we might put them on hold until such time as the need becomes fruition ~ but in a place like this forum, it would be nice to be given the opportunity to grow in Spirituality, without having the meaning attempted to be demean by those who have no clue as to the meaning :)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#500553 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Perfect.
Good imagination, Tide!
I like to imagine all the people living in peace, instead of in pieces.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500554 Mar 8, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
What is your way, and why is it better?
Secular humanism. It's based on reason and compassion rather than authority. Stay tuned for the fuller answer.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#500555 Mar 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing...... a wonderful contribution AJ :)
We know what you think about Christians, in general, and somehow you always find postings to share with us, hoping to make us feel better I guess.
Well sadly, your inspiration fails many times, and your postings reflect an attitude that somehow, I don't think you recognise. The woe is me, poor mother of a homosexual son wears thin...... and so do these sort of postings.
Why didn't I write something positive to you instead of what I have written? In my eyes, as least, this is an honest response to a typical posting, and believe me, I am expecting some sort of "I told you so" posting, as you ram it down our throats how un Christian I am being.
Well, I think JESUS would have eventually said something similar; if you don't have something nice to say, then try not saying it.
How about something more like "Thank GOD I am alive today ~ I can breathe in this marvelous air, see the marvelous animals, listen to the marvelous birds and enjoy the marvelous sky - and hope that you can all do the same"?
We have known each other a long time AJ, and know each others faults, and I am not throwing down a gauntlet as such, just asking you to lay off and ease up a bit.... Cheers, Serah
"blarrrgh Cower before me!, I've got the Jesus on a stick!"

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#500556 Mar 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I am. I'm within firing range. The gov't here has built bunkers capable of maintaining the gov't of Japan in two different locations that I know of - and some of the subways also serve as nuclear bomb shelters (they're deep enough).
It's unlikely they'll attack. That would be suicidal. They'd get a shot off, that might not hit its target (their tech isn't accurate or predictable), and while the missile was launching the US would obliterate their remaining wmd-weapons capacity. That would subsequently result in an attack on South Korea, which would be messy on both sides, but the end result is that the NK gov't wouldn't survive and the peninsula would be, in large areas, rendered uninhabitable.
I hope they keep it in their pants.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500557 Mar 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
you seek to have all churches shut down forever.
Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#500558 Mar 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I am. I'm within firing range. The gov't here has built bunkers capable of maintaining the gov't of Japan in two different locations that I know of - and some of the subways also serve as nuclear bomb shelters (they're deep enough).
It's unlikely they'll attack. That would be suicidal. They'd get a shot off, that might not hit its target (their tech isn't accurate or predictable), and while the missile was launching the US would obliterate their remaining wmd-weapons capacity. That would subsequently result in an attack on South Korea, which would be messy on both sides, but the end result is that the NK gov't wouldn't survive and the peninsula would be, in large areas, rendered uninhabitable.
Just passing by(searching for an amigo)...

Hello HFY,

Never rule out China's involvement (whether covert or more direct)...they have "scores to settle" -particularly with Nippon...Who was it that once said (a gov't official) to the Chinese(I paraphrase) "If we wanted to we could begin making warheads with the speed and efficiency we do with Toyotas"

You have a good day:)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#500559 Mar 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!
;)
Hey BT
I haven't leaned yet to use the 'LOL" expression - and just did!- meaning naturally as many folk do.

The Brother Sister Factor can be... and this is how my people think and act.

Even I don't like to hear the other terms. I think they are degrading of others who just might understand things even the learned heads haven't learned yet!

They even ask me "do they have 'dignity'?" referring to the west/European world. That says a lot, Ja?
Good 2CU

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#500560 Mar 8, 2013
>>>Senacus<< <
Think of you SO often warrior Brother!
But you miss my posts...
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#500561 Mar 8, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Judy.
I have missed you..
I read here that your exchange w Lawlest resulted in;
1. you being
devestated and questioning your solid marriage to your "prince
charming".. and 2.(the bitter truth) you (us, anyone) aren't going to be
accepted in any 'ole little church.- I guess whether they claim Christ or not?
Is this the kind of friendship you seek?
Is this really the kind of witness you would like for a troubled
teen living on the street, or a homeless mom to hear?
Look how he made you feel- in "his" christianity..
That's acceptable humanity to you?
wow, I can not believe my eyes in reading this post. You are actually trying to make this little lady Granny, feel bad about FORGIVING ,'Lawlest on something that happened a while back??

You are more 'heartless, than what I thought.

It appears that Lawlest and OSG are very good friends and they are both in to letting 'by gones, be by-gones! and FORGIVNG each other.

Then you cut OSG down by saying 'Is this the kind of friendships you want and is this the kind of humanity to acceptable to you.

You sound very much like the ole ' serpent , when he beguiled Eve.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#500562 Mar 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
- then I'm wrong about the state of religion in China
- still right about enculturation. Human biology isn't a democracy; the numbers of Chinese Christians don't determine whether their deity objectively exists
- your last statement is objectively false. I see former Christians doing all kinds of things. In fact, I hosted a former Christian here in Tokyo about two months back. He had decided that Satanism was more his thing, and gave up Christianity. I told him "what a weak protest!" and then he explained his beliefs than no deities existed, but that being in touch with his own needs, making himself a deity, was the way to go.
Not a my kind of thing, but there you go - former Christian chooses different god. Happens all the time.
A former Christian was just religious, and never a Jesus Follower.

Your Christian friend was only part of a religion.

The numbers of Christians in China may not give proof they Deity exist. But how come you not see that type of Islamic growth in China? how come you not see that type of Hinduism growth in America?

Actually, Hinduism and Islam have to threaten and intimidate they citizens else Christianity in my estimation would easily out surpass those religions.

When you see the pakistani government getting nervous over the growth of Christianity in that deeply ideological islamic country, it really make your enculturation argument seem rather infantile.

But I get why you can't let it go :) I get it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500563 Mar 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It largely depends on what China does. China has an agenda and at this point I don't think a nuclear war on the Korean peninsula fits in with that agenda.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#500564 Mar 8, 2013
>>>Serah<<<
Did I post you, as still have it on paper!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#500565 Mar 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to imagine all the people living in peace, instead of in pieces.
Yes, Mr. Don Quijote de la Mancha.

To reach the unreachable star.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#500566 Mar 8, 2013
@scaritual

Before I reply to your post, I feel it's necessary that I expound on a prior comment I made, if I may and if you don't mind.

First, I said, "Another verse that many seem to ignore is when Peter quoted Psalm 16:10 in regards to the death of our anointed Savior. Acts 2:27 says,'Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.' Even our anointed Savior didn't go to heaven when he died!"

Now, to prove the above quote and assertion, John 20:17 says, "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father."

QUESTION: If people die and return to "God," living and conscious in the spirit-realm (where "God" resides), then why was our anointed Savior, the only-begotten Son of "God," exempt?

QUESTION: If our anointed Savior had returned to "God," living and conscious, then why would he say that he had "not yet ascended to" his Father?
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, I'm always intrigued by what you pointed out, that those of the Abrahamic faiths would consider an NDE even possible.
But, you know...
Not a slight towards anyone in particular, but those beliefs range far and wide. It's possible - of what people profess isn't found in the bible at all.
And that's exactly the reason why, even though I'm a believer, I decided to separate myself from Christendom. I separated from Christendom, but not the bible.

KRS-One of Boogie Down Productions (BDP)
"Poisonous Products"
Sex and Violence

"What do you believe?'Christianity,' or the teachings of Christ?
Make up your mind. They're not the same thing."

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#500567 Mar 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>A former Christian was just religious, and never a Jesus Follower.
The numbers of Christians in China may not give proof they Deity exist. But how come you not see that type of Islamic growth in China? how come you not see that type of Hinduism growth in America?
Actually, Hinduism and Islam have to threaten and intimidate they citizens else Christianity in my estimation would easily out surpass those religions.
When you see the pakistani government getting nervous over the growth of Christianity in that deeply ideological islamic country, it really make your enculturation argument seem rather infantile.
You sure know a lot of stuff.

Or maybe I should say, you think you know a lot of stuff.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#500568 Mar 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>They're here for a reason, SeRaH, and that is to upset the Christians and demean their Faith. It has been suggested that they are here because of certain posters and what they wrote about homosexuality, but in fact, they are here to rubbish GOD and everything that we believe in.
We need to keep on keeping on, and not let them needle us, or upset our applecarts ~ because if we do that, then in effect, they have gotten their hearts desire. I have seen them in another forum, and they are like a flock of sheep, sticking together and following their leader.
Well, we too are like a flock of sheep, following our Leader, except our Leader is a SHEPHERD of the highest degree, and we are HIS fledgling SHEEPLE. I am grateful that you are in here - you have a calming serenity around you that embraces my Soul with a warm loving feeling...... perhaps that is why I feel you are my twin, SeRaH xxx
(((*_*)))
Amen to that--good post.

Good evening , and hope your night and DAY , is going good for you--just dropping by for a little while.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500569 Mar 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>A former Christian was just religious, and never a Jesus Follower.
There are many millions more Muslims in China than there are Christians. Collectively, they comprise about 5 percent of the population.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex (May '13) 8 min ajay 91
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min truth 810,053
pijat pasutri bali (Jan '13) 34 min ani carera 30
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min truth 574,203
God made hell for homsexuals....and others!! 1 hr Titania 4
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Titania 18
Koi gay sex ke liye hai Lucknow mien (Feb '14) 1 hr me hu 13
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 268,947
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 8 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 12 hr sall 163
More from around the web