Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#500433 Mar 8, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, "NDE'ers" grasp at anything to confirm their belief.
A doctor can write a book about his belief, and they associate:
"A book written by Dr. Ed Eddy Ed, Phd."
Then think it has the same weight as a published paper or has a similar scientific backing/verification process.
Some books can be jam packed with science, others, not so much.
I'm stating the obvious to you. Others don't get that.
If memory serves me correctly, it's been confirmed that "near-death" and "after-life" experiences are influenced by cultural programming. In other words, East Indians might "see" their gods after either experience. The Far-Easterners might "see" their own god(s). The Roman Catholic might "see" Cesare and Lucrezia Borgias. The Muslim might "see" their own god(s).

The name of the doctor fails me right now, but there was a doctor that had a so-called "after-life" experience. Upon resuscitation, he recalled that some of the people he "saw" during his experience were in the same room with him.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#500434 Mar 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Agree.
Brilliant.
Helpful.
Hi BLL,
How are you doing? Annie's advise is always helpful and this one is so true. I hope you have a great weekend. God Bless You and your family.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#500435 Mar 8, 2013
Good evening everyone.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500436 Mar 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"know"
"know it all"
So you seem to think.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#500437 Mar 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Deadwood is AWESOME !! The dialogue blew me away.
I think somebody said "coalesce" in every episode.

I've never been so drawn in to a series as I was with Deadwood.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500438 Mar 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>rofl...rofl...rofl!
Oh, you have surely shown on here what great moral judgements you make as a humanist. You probably by yourself on this billboard do more harm to that philosophy than all the other freethinkers combine
I agree

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500439 Mar 8, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You gave a testimony to me not your GOD, I asked for a demonstration rather than expressed words, if in fact your belief is true.
If you possess something other than your thoughts, you should be able to give a demonstration, unless of course it's all in your head.
Don't forget this is an entertainment site, are you sure your GOD wants you here?
No sir, this is not a entertainment site, this is a thread for believers sharing their testimonies and love for the Lord Jesus Christ for others, again not here for your foolish appetite to be entertained, what I told you was to make a point that prayer and fasting mixed with faith will draw an answer and results from God if you are honest and sincere and not hypocriting, I don't for sure what you mean by giving you a "demonstration" but you either believe me for what I have told you or you don't, couldn't really care less either way.

But you need to understand this........despite the large number of God haters that we have here, the original intent of this threads creation haven't changed, and there are still some of us who are going to testify of the Lord's greatness and goodness in our lives, and we will continue to lift up his name and praise him, so deal with it, it's not going to change.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#500440 Mar 8, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Hello Snevaeh,
I have missed you lately. Are you OK? Nice seeing you on here again. Have a great weekend. God Bless You

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500441 Mar 8, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lawest, you too, I'm out of here, too horrid :-)
I understand, sometimes it is better to juist step back and take a breather.

Blessings.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#500442 Mar 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone.
GOoD evening Scott -- as you read thru todays postings especially mine -- squint a little o:k teehee -- rehash is not good no matter how it's defined --

Moving forward one step at a time -- TLC - Judy

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500443 Mar 8, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
You certainly may! Is your heart softening? That's very exciting!
My heart is as soft as a puppy. You know that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500444 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wanted you to know I see your post Scott and wishing you a blessed day -- TLC - Judy
Good evening Judy, always a Blessings and a treat to see you here spreading your gentle wisdom, I did have a pretty Blessed and hope that you did likewise.

Blessings.(c:
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500445 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever have a day that your just to pooped to participate LOL - well that was me yesterday lol -- Yet it felt so GOOoD to jump in and be a part of here again.
TLC - OSG
Yes I have OSG. I find that it is so easy to get caught up in topix and let my off topix life slide. But am always glad to see you when I’m here.
HFN

Fennario

#500446 Mar 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
How are you doing teddy?
Hi Epilady. Nice to share with you again. I am well, thanks, and trust that you are as well.
Epiphany2 wrote:
Our SOCIETY as a whole IMO is becoming "Mean Spirited"
I disagree. I'm very sorry that that is what you see when you look at our beautiful world. I suspect that I live in a kinder, gentler universe than you do. This is not a hostile world, even if it is at times for some.

Fennario

#500447 Mar 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Who said Church?
***Slowly I turn...Step by Step***
Is it OK to say that I like you? I realize that it is assumed that I hate all Christians, but I don't.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#500448 Mar 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>If memory serves me correctly, it's been confirmed that "near-death" and "after-life" experiences are influenced by cultural programming. In other words, East Indians might "see" their gods after either experience. The Far-Easterners might "see" their own god(s). The Roman Catholic might "see" Cesare and Lucrezia Borgias. The Muslim might "see" their own god(s).
The name of the doctor fails me right now, but there was a doctor that had a so-called "after-life" experience. Upon resuscitation, he recalled that some of the people he "saw" during his experience were in the same room with him.
Yeah, and that's the thing, is if there is any validity to an "NDE", then you can really only come to the conclusion that if people want to think the NDE is an actual view into an afterlife, it is nothing like what is presented in religious texts and/or beliefs.

Additionally, if the NDE is an actual literal reality, everybody is in.(which is gonna piss some religious people off really bad)

hahaa.

I personally don't think it represents an afterlife etc... That has nothing to do with me being atheist.

Data collection methods and other procedures for recording what a person thinks they may have experienced during those close to death times amount to anecdotal stories and nothing more.

Like seeing ghosts....

With your eyes shut, and on the brink of death.

Hardly a time to suddenly proclaim that the visions of a dying or close to death brain should suddenly be given weight as a literal reality.

When a person could describe the exact same thing occurring in a dream and people would remark:

"WOW...that was a funky dream"

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500449 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
GOoD afternoon Scott -- What a firestorm that little issue brought forth lol --
But thru it all I did learn that one can't just go prancing into any given Church on a street corner and be accepted. Although I"m thinking when the offering plate comes around the monetary put within would be accepted.
We may go in search of Jesus but man has found a way by denominational doctrines to prevent one such as myself "divorced and remarried" to participate in some memberships.
I know there is strife between you and LeLe, and I'm not liking being caught in the issue at hand, but it is what it is.
I agree - I did ask you point blank what was I expected to do after 43 years of marriage to my current husband and you replied I would have to leave him. According to your Church Doctrine.
Scott -- I don't condone this doctrine but I'm not going to disregard you as my friend because you believe differently.
My heart is saddened though to read the exchanges between you and LeLe when I feel both of you love the Lord.
I hope the matter can be layed to rest -- and I pray forgiveness for anything I may have started with this issue, I'm thankful to Drew for helping me understand and get passed my initial feeling of unfaithfullnes to God -- so with this said --
I do hope we are both on a friendship level even if we doctrinally disagree -- TLC - Judy
Good evening again Judy, I will say this, my recollection of that incident was that you were essentially responding to a post that I was having a conversation on that subject with someone else ( don't remember who ) but it was then that you asked me about it and I responded with what the scriptures had to say about it, and then I post a link to our churches website, and I remember sensing that the whole subject of divorce and remarriage made you upset, but I am glad to read that despite our different beliefs on the issue that you have come to some peace of mind over it.

As for le le, she has had her hand turned against me from day one ever since I first came to this thread several years ago, I have nothing against her but she has made it more than obvious that she does not stand on the Word of God in honesty and sincerity, I'm sorry, but I do pray for her, you and everyone in general.

Hope the rest of your evening and weekend is a Blessed and peaceful one my friend.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#500450 Mar 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>((((IRRIRA)))))
Perhaps I didn't read your post carefully enough my friend (feel free to repost it) the fruit may have gotten in the way of the message, lol. how're you doing this evening/morning my friend?
>>>Lawest<<<
Oh no! It's - the YouTube - over an hour long with that message... and you want me to repeat it?
G'me a minute...

Ja... I will admit it seemed long winded to me too, but when listening in to it Namibia, if I remember correctly -'the fruit' he could not claim to own!

I 'think' too he referred to the PNG folk as 'natives'... as many foreigners do re 'black folk'++

I know it is a term... "from Old French natif "native, born in, raw, unspoiled" but I prefer to use Indigenous.

+ I notice how many - missionary or non - speak/wrote of them as 'heathens'...

As my Brother - a Pastor - asked of me... "Why do they call us heathen?"
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Gotta stand up for my folk too in my South Pacific home too!

But I just thought the whole UTube of this funny pineapple story might interest you,+ seemingly a Hollander, he's from the USA?

I trust what you must attend re your health my friend is soon in the answer coulomb. I pray you will find relief.

God Bless! I catch you after your R & R.
We are into our week-end by Sat 11-30 am.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#500451 Mar 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
***Epistle?
<quoted text>
Hakuna Matata >>>Grams<<<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IOPm0GqthGYXX
Walk the walk and talk the talk... best way to share. At least one knows where a friend stand Ja?
I was a late comer to this place – very green with internet talk, stumbling thru my English words – and you among many just welcomed me despite all failings... but wow!
What and education!
My English has grown a new list of terms which I never thought even Christians would use.
Mmmmmmmmm
I only use one...
It's not a pretty one...
[those I heard and picked up from the people on the streets of Africa, but they didn't 'stick'...]
Until one came out of my mouth – involuntary of course – but it did!
I was hit flat on my side and run over by a car on a green pedestrian crossing, so Ja... no-one would expect that in a safety zone, right?
There was a blood-curdling scream from a lady behind on the foot-path, so my automatic thought was to see if SHE was OK?
She... saw the car... and was screaming for me!
Well Ja – at the point of impact – I used that f word... and this time it stuck... sometimes anyway.
Now if there is a reason for everything under the sun... like the good King Salomon said... I found that one coming out of my mouth again, when a stalker tried getting past the door I – of all people was guarding while the owners of this shelter for the homeless were at church – just to get closer to me. I must've had enough of them there characters by that point, and told him to 'move it' with that word, and it worked!
But it the little words of hate and despising in here that I just can't believe goes on.
I mean...
aahhh never mind...
I just do what I do in any fight, and unless they pull a knife in front of me, or... or... or... I don't come between them. I just can't take this side of human nature, no mater who they are, or where even religion does not enter the equation. It stirs my blood to pain.
If the peacemakers are blessed Grams, it sure is a painful job at tmes!
Back to the Cardinal... you introduced me to your cookie jar... and this bird. They truly are beautiful. Do they sing or chatter?
And Ham... who can forget that beautiful man. I loved his humanness without preaching.
Will always carry your heart too dear Grams, re Joshua, and the little one. You shared a lot with us also on that human level of not preaching.
Best I save some for another time here, but so good to share again the
>>>smiles of remembrance which even tears can shine thru<<<
No Worries and eternal friends, can share al that.
In case I miss you again,(((*()*)) Koala Hugs from across the oceans, and you just might like to update with my blog in my profile! xx
You got me laughing thru teary eyes, I truly adore you my friend - you also have such a gift to express and I love hearing from you.

Not sure if a Cardinal sings, we have a few at our feeder that we enjoy year around - beautiful bird up close.

I tell you what honey, I'm no saint by a long shot and that little four letter word has found it's way thru my lips occassionally at times too -- and when it does the whoever it is directed at doesn't talk back !!!! My eyebrows can reach my hairline teehee -- TLC - Gramms/Judy

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500452 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
GOoD evening Scott -- as you read thru todays postings especially mine -- squint a little o:k teehee -- rehash is not good no matter how it's defined --
Moving forward one step at a time -- TLC - Judy
Amen sister, amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min lightbeamrider 979,519
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min nanoanomaly 92,816
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min FreemasonryWatch ... 668,020
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 286,107
Slimina Weight Loss Pill (best ever that i trie... (Feb '11) 1 hr charm 81
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,656
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,111
More from around the web