Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#500426 Mar 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I think I've seen every episode, and Little Man is my favorite character. My wife likes it better than I do, however.
Saw Django Unchained this week. I loved it. Leonardo was at his best. I love everything he does.
I thought that scene with the Klan and the hoods with eye hole problems might have been an homage to Monty Python. Have you seen it?
I haven't seen it, but I want to.

Did you see Deadwood? It's crazy how these TV series can make the majority of movies look like crap by comparison. I like the trend.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#500427 Mar 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Careful. He seems just as disgusted with all of you as he does with us.
Nothing to be careful about, what is right will prevail.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#500428 Mar 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey OSG!
Thank you...there will be some that question why I would write such a post. Most often my Bible study is based off of the scenarios right here on this thread. It is such a cross section of thoughts and circumstances that if one reads the words written it will give you something to research.
I read the Bible now to find my own meaning and not what others tell me that I should find. Even though most of it is directed at Christians if one reads with an open mind meaning can be found that can be applied in a secular life.
The story of the mustard seed was my most recent parable to study...I had always interpreted it the way that I was taught that it meant. When I approached it from a secular stand point...I found an entirely different interpretation that I had never thought about.
I know...someone will come along and tell me that I can't do that...but...oh well...
Hope that your health has continued to improve and that you are doing well.
I can't stress enough early detection saved my life -- they were able to cut the cancer out and I was fortunate not to have to have radiation or chemo -- my recovery was slower than I would have liked but hey I blame that on should have taken better care of my physical body.

Woo hoo I'm an official senior now -- medicare and early retirement checks work for me -- but actually work more now than all the years it took me to get here teehee.

Your a gifted writer Annie and I for one enjoy reading what you bring in. I will say this though, if you are turning to the Bible seeking your own answers they are in there, just depends on not so much the open mind as your open heart -- when one goes to Gods Word seeking, He will provide.

I'm the one over here in the cheering section lol -- looking down on Hams bench - now thats a memory that brings peace ----

TLC - Judy

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#500429 Mar 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey OSG!
Thank you...there will be some that question why I would write such a post. Most often my Bible study is based off of the scenarios right here on this thread. It is such a cross section of thoughts and circumstances that if one reads the words written it will give you something to research.
I read the Bible now to find my own meaning and not what others tell me that I should find. Even though most of it is directed at Christians if one reads with an open mind meaning can be found that can be applied in a secular life.
The story of the mustard seed was my most recent parable to study...I had always interpreted it the way that I was taught that it meant. When I approached it from a secular stand point...I found an entirely different interpretation that I had never thought about.
I know...someone will come along and tell me that I can't do that...but...oh well...
Hope that your health has continued to improve and that you are doing well.
Hi Annie,
Thank You for your post. I have always admired the wisdom in the way that you think. I read the bible like this too. I believe that is the only way to read it. Sometimes, I can read a chapter and find something that I never noticed before even though I have read the same verse more than once. I know this post was for OSG and I hope you don't mind me commenting on it. Maybe that is why so many Christians cant agree all the time. I stand firm on my faith and will always believe that Jesus died for all our sins and paid the sin debt for us because we just cannot live up to the high standards of a Holy God. In my heart, I really don't think that Jesus cares if we "got it all together" or not, Or cares how much a person may Know about the bible as long as they trust Him and what He died to give us. Shoot, If we could be as perfect as He was, He sure wouldn't have had to lay down His life for us. He done it for a reason, and the reason was US. He thought we were worth dying for. As you well know, I get slandered all the time for my faith and I feel just like you do about it...Oh well.:)

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500430 Mar 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen it, but I want to.
Did you see Deadwood? It's crazy how these TV series can make the majority of movies look like crap by comparison. I like the trend.
Deadwood is AWESOME !! The dialogue blew me away.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#500431 Mar 8, 2013
***Epistle?
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what is so wonderful and will be rewarding "Eternal Friends" -- no time span can take away the deep seeded friendship and love -- always kept in each others prayers.
I too return warm hugs my sweet friend and think of you often, so sorry to hear about your pet -- sending lots of TLC - Gramms – Judy
Hakuna Matata >>>Grams<<<

Walk the walk and talk the talk... best way to share. At least one knows where a friend stand Ja?
I was a late comer to this place – very green with internet talk, stumbling thru my English words – and you among many just welcomed me despite all failings... but wow!
What and education!
My English has grown a new list of terms which I never thought even Christians would use.
Mmmmmmmmm

I only use one...
It's not a pretty one...
[those I heard and picked up from the people on the streets of Africa, but they didn't 'stick'...]
Until one came out of my mouth – involuntary of course – but it did!
I was hit flat on my side and run over by a car on a green pedestrian crossing, so Ja... no-one would expect that in a safety zone, right?
There was a blood-curdling scream from a lady behind on the foot-path, so my automatic thought was to see if SHE was OK?
She... saw the car... and was screaming for me!
Well Ja – at the point of impact – I used that f word... and this time it stuck... sometimes anyway.

Now if there is a reason for everything under the sun... like the good King Salomon said... I found that one coming out of my mouth again, when a stalker tried getting past the door I – of all people was guarding while the owners of this shelter for the homeless were at church – just to get closer to me. I must've had enough of them there characters by that point, and told him to 'move it' with that word, and it worked!

But it the little words of hate and despising in here that I just can't believe goes on.
I mean...
aahhh never mind...
I just do what I do in any fight, and unless they pull a knife in front of me, or... or... or... I don't come between them. I just can't take this side of human nature, no mater who they are, or where even religion does not enter the equation. It stirs my blood to pain.
If the peacemakers are blessed Grams, it sure is a painful job at tmes!

Back to the Cardinal... you introduced me to your cookie jar... and this bird. They truly are beautiful. Do they sing or chatter?

And Ham... who can forget that beautiful man. I loved his humanness without preaching.
Will always carry your heart too dear Grams, re Joshua, and the little one. You shared a lot with us also on that human level of not preaching.

Best I save some for another time here, but so good to share again the
>>>smiles of remembrance which even tears can shine thru<<<
No Worries and eternal friends, can share al that.

In case I miss you again,(((*()*)) Koala Hugs from across the oceans, and you just might like to update with my blog in my profile! xx

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500432 Mar 8, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>Smile<<<
I thought you might see the motto of that story, and instead you can taste the fruit! Funny how where they are normal, a peach would be an exotic flavour...
Automatic my Friend, and do hope you soon feel the healing of God's Hand. Something too many of us need...
God Bless
((((IRRIRA)))))

Perhaps I didn't read your post carefully enough my friend (feel free to repost it) the fruit may have gotten in the way of the message, lol. how're you doing this evening/morning my friend?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#500433 Mar 8, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, "NDE'ers" grasp at anything to confirm their belief.
A doctor can write a book about his belief, and they associate:
"A book written by Dr. Ed Eddy Ed, Phd."
Then think it has the same weight as a published paper or has a similar scientific backing/verification process.
Some books can be jam packed with science, others, not so much.
I'm stating the obvious to you. Others don't get that.
If memory serves me correctly, it's been confirmed that "near-death" and "after-life" experiences are influenced by cultural programming. In other words, East Indians might "see" their gods after either experience. The Far-Easterners might "see" their own god(s). The Roman Catholic might "see" Cesare and Lucrezia Borgias. The Muslim might "see" their own god(s).

The name of the doctor fails me right now, but there was a doctor that had a so-called "after-life" experience. Upon resuscitation, he recalled that some of the people he "saw" during his experience were in the same room with him.

Location hidden

#500434 Mar 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Agree.
Brilliant.
Helpful.
Hi BLL,
How are you doing? Annie's advise is always helpful and this one is so true. I hope you have a great weekend. God Bless You and your family.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500435 Mar 8, 2013
Good evening everyone.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500436 Mar 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"know"
"know it all"
So you seem to think.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#500437 Mar 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Deadwood is AWESOME !! The dialogue blew me away.
I think somebody said "coalesce" in every episode.

I've never been so drawn in to a series as I was with Deadwood.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500438 Mar 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>rofl...rofl...rofl!
Oh, you have surely shown on here what great moral judgements you make as a humanist. You probably by yourself on this billboard do more harm to that philosophy than all the other freethinkers combine
I agree

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500439 Mar 8, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You gave a testimony to me not your GOD, I asked for a demonstration rather than expressed words, if in fact your belief is true.
If you possess something other than your thoughts, you should be able to give a demonstration, unless of course it's all in your head.
Don't forget this is an entertainment site, are you sure your GOD wants you here?
No sir, this is not a entertainment site, this is a thread for believers sharing their testimonies and love for the Lord Jesus Christ for others, again not here for your foolish appetite to be entertained, what I told you was to make a point that prayer and fasting mixed with faith will draw an answer and results from God if you are honest and sincere and not hypocriting, I don't for sure what you mean by giving you a "demonstration" but you either believe me for what I have told you or you don't, couldn't really care less either way.

But you need to understand this........despite the large number of God haters that we have here, the original intent of this threads creation haven't changed, and there are still some of us who are going to testify of the Lord's greatness and goodness in our lives, and we will continue to lift up his name and praise him, so deal with it, it's not going to change.

Location hidden

#500440 Mar 8, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Hello Snevaeh,
I have missed you lately. Are you OK? Nice seeing you on here again. Have a great weekend. God Bless You

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500441 Mar 8, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lawest, you too, I'm out of here, too horrid :-)
I understand, sometimes it is better to juist step back and take a breather.

Blessings.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#500442 Mar 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone.
GOoD evening Scott -- as you read thru todays postings especially mine -- squint a little o:k teehee -- rehash is not good no matter how it's defined --

Moving forward one step at a time -- TLC - Judy

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500443 Mar 8, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
You certainly may! Is your heart softening? That's very exciting!
My heart is as soft as a puppy. You know that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500444 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wanted you to know I see your post Scott and wishing you a blessed day -- TLC - Judy
Good evening Judy, always a Blessings and a treat to see you here spreading your gentle wisdom, I did have a pretty Blessed and hope that you did likewise.

Blessings.(c:
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500445 Mar 8, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever have a day that your just to pooped to participate LOL - well that was me yesterday lol -- Yet it felt so GOOoD to jump in and be a part of here again.
TLC - OSG
Yes I have OSG. I find that it is so easy to get caught up in topix and let my off topix life slide. But am always glad to see you when I’m here.
HFN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Gymguy 6,510
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,616
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min confrinting with ... 681,514
O.J. and Paula...June 11,1994: Malice Aforethou... 37 min Pres Donald J Tru... 9
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 8 hr Daniel 1,024
Why was Orenthal mad enuff to commit murder??! 11 hr Trump Saves Dead ... 10
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Gabriel 982,157
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 hr onemales mother 286,423
More from around the web