Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#500029 Mar 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK....I'm confused....You are renting a place close to your work to be closer to the grandkids....Right?
And you will be there 6 months (during your winter)
Awesome!
Yeah, I am giving it a trial run and see how it goes. But I also hope to be able to set it up as a workshop to a degree, and also hope to start selling those oils I was working on years ago. With the extra couple of hours a day traveling time I gain, who knows, I might even edit that journal and create a book :)

#500030 Mar 7, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>FlutterBye<< <
Left this for you when you said...'Show God's Light'!
Marianne Williamson quotes
†As†we become purer channels for God's light, we develop an appetite for the sweetness that is possible in this world. A miracle worker is not geared toward fighting the world that is, but toward creating the world that could be.†
I too am wondering if Serah moved into this little unit ?
I see you my Sister!
I'll let Serah answer her post.
Trust all is well with you and your 4 dogs too.
>>>hugs<<< and Shalom
Cheers PW ~ will move in to the unit in a couple of weeks, but this house will still be here unless at some stage we decide to sell it but that will be more than six months away at least. My long term friend and I are buying this home together, but it might be easier if we sell it and move closer to our families or in my case, move much closer to where I work.

Will still be working for at least 10 years, and hope to retire there, so there is a lot to consider :)

>>>HUGS<<< to you too, and also Shalom xx

#500031 Mar 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes in a lot of ways peace is a state of being Ira. But letting the fact that a few come here and try to ruin the peace some found in here with each other slide does nothing to enhance their or our peace. I have said this before and Iíll say it again. God has not told me to be others door mat, itís not good for them and not good for the ones they are trying to use for a door mat. Some times a person can be too nice and endure persecution of their on making. Sometimes it is better to stand for what is right.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men/women do nothing.
Mhh; my Twin SeRaH ~ that surely appears to be that which has happened in the past! Ignorance of the law is no excuse, even in the laws of man(kind)...

Hope all is well with you and with yours, and to us all, Blessings of Peace :)

#500032 Mar 7, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4XX
LOL.... we used to stop the old 45 RPM and write down the words, and believe it or not, we tried singing the flip side too!! Haha, had so much fun singing and laughing growing up that laughter instilled itself into my being and I still love laughing :)

#500033 Mar 7, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I reread It and I can't blame you; I don't understand it myself. I had a shitty day.
I hope it has improved...:) We all have days like that, at least, I believe we do!!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#500034 Mar 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>More than one understand that only GOD can Judge, RR, and many of us say it is between GOD and each of us that determine the 'role' we have played in our lives; our time on earth, so to speak :)
Isn't that what Truman thought right before he blew up Hiroshima & Nagasaki , killing 180,000 people?

#500035 Mar 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't that what Truman thought right before he blew up Hiroshima & Nagasaki , killing 180,000 people?
***President Truman told his diary on July 25, 1945, that he had ordered the bomb used.

Emphasis has been added to highlight Truman's apparent belief that he had ordered the bomb dropped on a "purely military" target, so that "military objectives and soldiers and sailors are the target and not women and children."

We have discovered the most terrible bomb in the history of the world. It may be the fire destruction prophesied in the Euphrates Valley Era, after Noah and his fabulous Ark.

Anyway we "think" we have found the way to cause a disintegration of the atom. An experiment in the New Mexico desert was startling - to put it mildly. Thirteen pounds of the explosive caused the complete disintegration of a steel tower 60 feet high, created a crater 6 feet deep and 1,200 feet in diameter, knocked over a steel tower 1/2 mile away and knocked men down 10,000 yards away. The explosion was visible for more than 200 miles and audible for 40 miles and more.

This weapon is to be used against Japan between now and August 10th. I have told the Sec. of War, Mr. Stimson, to use it so that military objectives and soldiers and sailors are the target and not women and children. Even if the Japs are savages, ruthless, merciless and fanatic, we as the leader of the world for the common welfare cannot drop that terrible bomb on the old capital or the new.

He and I are in accord. The target will be a purely military one and we will issue a warning statement asking the Japs to surrender and save lives. I'm sure they will not do that, but we will have given them the chance. It is certainly a good thing for the world that Hitler's crowd or Stalin's did not discover this atomic bomb. It seems to be the most terrible thing ever discovered, but it can be made the most useful...

http://www.dannen.com/decision/hst-jl25.html ***

Not sure...... but I guess he felt like crap when he realised that his great weapon killed and maimed so many innocent people, but he set out to end the war, and indeed, he accomplished that.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500036 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick grammar note:
"HFY may "irk" me, but..." is how your sentence should be written.
<quoted text>
Two things:
1. Yes, you are. But you don't have to be. Age is a mindset. Sorry you choose to feel old.
2. If you're not interested, skip our posts. Don't pretend to not be interested, read them, and then write "wow, I'm so not interested, I'm going to respond with attacks indicated that your words had an emotional effect on me. Grrrr! And I'm not interested! Not even a little!"
So you think that if you think it, it makes it so. You remind me of someone else, hummm.
I was saying it to IANS, not you. If I have something to say to you I will say it. Oh and you donít get to decide anything for me. Iíll decide what I like, what I mean what I do and how I think. But you go ahead and think what you want. Has nothing to do with me but a whole lot to say about you.
Still playing your little games I see. I see through you and your no it all attitude too.
1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
Matthew Henryís commentary:
1 Corinthians 1:17-25 Paul had been bred up in Jewish learning; but the plain preaching of a crucified Jesus, was more powerful than all the oratory and philosophy of the heathen world. This is the sum and substance of the gospel. Christ crucified is the foundation of all our hopes, the fountain of all our joys. And by his death we live. The preaching of salvation for lost sinners by the sufferings and death of the Son of God, if explained and faithfully applied, appears foolishness to those in the way to destruction. The sensual, the covetous, the proud, and ambitious, alike see that the gospel opposes their favourite pursuits. But those who receive the gospel, and are enlightened by the Spirit of God, see more of God's wisdom and power in the doctrine of Christ crucified, than in all his other works. God left a great part of the world to follow the dictates of man's boasted reason, and the event has shown that human wisdom is folly, and is unable to find or retain the knowledge of God as the Creator. It pleased him, by the foolishness of preaching, to save them that believe. By the foolishness of preaching; not by what could justly be called foolish preaching. But the thing preached was foolishness to wordly-wise men. The gospel ever was, and ever will be, foolishness to all in the road to destruction. The message of Christ, plainly delivered, ever has been a sure touchstone by which men may learn what road they are travelling. But the despised doctrine of salvation by faith in a crucified Saviour, God in human nature, purchasing the church with his own blood, to save multitudes, even all that believe, from ignorance, delusion, and vice, has been blessed in every age. And the weakest instruments God uses, are stronger in their effects, than the strongest men can use. Not that there is foolishness or weakness in God, but what men consider as such, overcomes all their admired wisdom and strength.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500037 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh, do I hurt you by calling out the problems in your religion and telling you that your deity is an imagined being?
Are my words too tough for you? Too mean? Would you like me to tone it down and pat you on the back, telling you that everything will be ok?
<hugs HFN> there, there. It'll be ok. The big, bad HFY will go away soon and stop bothering you. No, no, here's a tissue. Yes, yes, IANS is a big meanie, too.
Dream on little girl.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500038 Mar 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that if you think it, it makes it so. You remind me of someone else, hummm.
I was saying it to IANS, not you. If I have something to say to you I will say it. Oh and you donít get to decide anything for me. Iíll decide what I like, what I mean what I do and how I think. But you go ahead and think what you want. Has nothing to do with me but a whole lot to say about you.
Still playing your little games I see. I see through you and your no it all attitude too.
1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
Matthew Henryís commentary:
1 Corinthians 1:17-25 Paul had been bred up in Jewish learning; but the plain preaching of a crucified Jesus, was more powerful than all the oratory and philosophy of the heathen world. This is the sum and substance of the gospel. Christ crucified is the foundation of all our hopes, the fountain of all our joys. And by his death we live. The preaching of salvation for lost sinners by the sufferings and death of the Son of God, if explained and faithfully applied, appears foolishness to those in the way to destruction. The sensual, the covetous, the proud, and ambitious, alike see that the gospel opposes their favourite pursuits. But those who receive the gospel, and are enlightened by the Spirit of God, see more of God's wisdom and power in the doctrine of Christ crucified, than in all his other works. God left a great part of the world to follow the dictates of man's boasted reason, and the event has shown that human wisdom is folly, and is unable to find or retain the knowledge of God as the Creator. It pleased him, by the foolishness of preaching, to save them that believe. By the foolishness of preaching; not by what could justly be called foolish preaching. But the thing preached was foolishness to wordly-wise men. The gospel ever was, and ever will be, foolishness to all in the road to destruction. The message of Christ, plainly delivered, ever has been a sure touchstone by which men may learn what road they are travelling. But the despised doctrine of salvation by faith in a crucified Saviour, God in human nature, purchasing the church with his own blood, to save multitudes, even all that believe, from ignorance, delusion, and vice, has been blessed in every age. And the weakest instruments God uses, are stronger in their effects, than the strongest men can use. Not that there is foolishness or weakness in God, but what men consider as such, overcomes all their admired wisdom and strength.
She is certainly a "no" it all.

"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle." ~ Joseph Heller

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500039 Mar 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on little girl.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
I would expect no less from her.

"The case against Clevinger was open and shut. The only thing missing was something to charge him with." ~ Joseph Heller
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500040 Mar 7, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I know I know... Don't be offended. Was just sharing his wise words.
I could say and act differently... that wouldn't be true to myself or to you... let alone my Father in heaven.
It is not the easy path to 'be still'.
Never believe this is Faith without action.
No different to what the eye cannot see, any more than the blade of grass in it's strength and growth when it is beneath the soil. The Light is not only visible above ground, nor the Energy of the it's Force.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
In overcoming 'evil' I believe emphatically God too is creating Peace.
But for some reason or other - from what I observe in Life - too many folk don't count the duality of God's Power either - nor see 'Him' in any test of the Christian Faith.
Actually Sister being still is a an easy and enjoyable path. Staying there is another matter. Which is what I think you meant.:)

I too believe God will overcome evil by creating peace but I also believe all is not peace with God. He does what He has to do and still let us have free will. Sometimes the free will gets in the way of the peace. And that is when He does what He has to do. Why else did He create hell?

I know God created it all. I believe He did it for a good reason that we will come to understand when we go to spend eternity with Him.

Iím not sure what you mean by folks not seeing Him in any test of the Christian faith. He has everything to do with the Christian faith. Without Him there would be no faith.

Anyway, sorry if I didnít understand.

Thank you for thinking of me though.
HFN

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#500041 Mar 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I would expect no less from her.
"The case against Clevinger was open and shut. The only thing missing was something to charge him with." ~ Joseph Heller
How are you tonight?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#500042 Mar 7, 2013
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#500043 Mar 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Mhh; my Twin SeRaH ~ that surely appears to be that which has happened in the past! Ignorance of the law is no excuse, even in the laws of man(kind)...
Hope all is well with you and with yours, and to us all, Blessings of Peace :)
Hey SeRaH,
Yep, it sure has happened in the past twin. Yet here we are for 5 or 6 years now still believing the one true God.:)

Yes mine and I are good and hope it is well with you and your loved ones too.
SeRaH

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500044 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
If you experience the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ, you would know, without a doubt, that this is the one true God.
You're experiencing yourself, which is why every one of you sees a different god that just happens to believe the same things that you do.

Grow up.

And where's my balloon bunny? And why do you smell like a bus station men's room?

Fennario

#500045 Mar 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="Dr. Shrink"]CRYING TO THE GOD FOR MERCY ON YOUR FILTHY MORALY SOUL AND WRECKED EARTHLY BODY FULL OF WRINKLES AND MUD OF THIS EARTH YOU ARE MOST ABOMINABLE WRECKED ATHEISTIC FILHY MORALY CREATURE ON THIS TOPIC,AND CYBER SPACE[/QUOTE]
wilderide wrote:
Here is a clue for you: if you want people to take your advice, it's probably not a good idea to insult them. If you really wanted to draw people to your God, perhaps you should behave in a way that serves as an example. Something to think about.
By the most amazing of coincidences, Shrink's god is just like him, too.

Unfortunately, in his case, that would be like a street person wearing five sweaters and living out of a shopping cart while angrily yelling at the air and shaking his fist.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#500046 Mar 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that considered a "Carnal Christian"?
Yes... such were the Corinthians... Paul had to continually warned them about fornication, idolatry and the like... and basically any one who does such things would inherit the Kingdom of God. So basically carnal Christians will not be saved in the end according to God's Word.

History repeats itself.

Fennario

#500047 Mar 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
That wasn't a very Christ-like response. Were you like this prior to your Christian conversion?
trifecta1 wrote:
Huh? You atheist right? So how come you pulling out the Jesus card when it suit you?
Are you trying to reserve that right for yourself?
trifecta1 wrote:
Hypocrisy again eh? You is an atheist, but then reference the Christian Deity when you no like how the Christian talk to you.
That would be the perfect time. And it's only hypocritical when you do it. We don't believe in your mythological sky buddy, and thus cannot possibly misuse its name.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#500048 Mar 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
I oppose to homosexual people being allowed to legally adopt children, because it puts them in an environment not intended by God.
I base my opinion on what I have read in the bible. In 1st Corinthians 6:9,10 the apostle Paul says that homosexuality "shall not inherit the kingdom of God." God created Adam and Eve, a man and a woman...not two women or two men. This is what God intended families to come from. Homosexual people can be wonderful parents, but it's not what God intended for his people.
Just saw this... Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Clearwater 841,501
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Regina 591,322
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 36 min Miguel duqquetto 4,763
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Clearwater 176,966
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 49 min Miguel duqquetto 1,428
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Miguel duqquetto 100,196
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Khutra Duqquette 271,457
More from around the web