Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#500083 Mar 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
And now for something lighter.
Let's go over the rainbow to the land of Uz.
Please turn to the book of Job and rejoice at his suffering.
I didn't think he'd let me do it. I really didn't.

But he was like, "Yeah, go for it."

And this guy is supposed to be a dad. I pity the poor kid who has to have a douchebag like that for a father.

“Miles from Nowhere”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500084 Mar 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Jesus: "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, EXCEPT FOR marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
Matthew 19:9
To be honest, I'm kind of tired of Silly People who call themselves Christians.
Till death do us part?

I do...

unless I don't.

Location hidden

#500085 Mar 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I don't know. Let me ask Tony.
People will be laughing at his jokes for hundreds of years.

If they live that long.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500086 Mar 8, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
You on the other hand are just plain old disgusting.
You find me disgusting, but not your fellow "saints" that post about urinating, farting, and stepping on cockroaches?

Your religion is failing you like it has failed the world. It's values and priorities are deformed.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#500087 Mar 8, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you Qu and thanks for sharing that, it helps :-)
Some people hate God with a passion... and Grace and Le le hates me with a passion... Praise The Lord. Smile.

Location hidden

#500088 Mar 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
To be honest, I'm kind of tired of Silly People who call themselves Christians.
You and me both.

Fennario

#500089 Mar 8, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
shut your f....polacki face,and pray for permit to ask any biblical question?
Another beautiful tapestry from the looms of Jesus.
dr Shrink wrote:
DO YOU HAVE JESUS AS YOUR LIFE GUIDE??????
LOL. Why would he want to do that? Look at you.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#500090 Mar 8, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... you're beautiful :-)
Thank you, and you as well...
* For your table
http://www.floristone.com/flowers/products/T3...

GN sweetie :)

#500091 Mar 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Till death do us part?
I do...
unless I don't.
Hey Tam... The Bible does not necessarily say "till death do us part"... but to paraphrase, obviously the death of a spouse is another case in which one can get remarried.

But marital unfaithfulness is another acceptable reason for getting a divorce.

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#500092 Mar 8, 2013
Does Jesus love me because I subject myself to His will? Or Do I subject myself to His will because Jesus loves me? Those two statements draw the line between law and grace. Grace is receiving from God that which I deserve not. Mercy is not receiving that which I do deserve which is eternal separation. Love and appreciate our Savior for what He has provided for you. Then you can walk in the light.....

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

“Miles from Nowhere”

Location hidden

#500093 Mar 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think he'd let me do it. I really didn't.
But he was like, "Yeah, go for it."
And this guy is supposed to be a dad. I pity the poor kid who has to have a douchebag like that for a father.
Pssst. Hey God, can you give him some boils? That'd be a hoot.

#500094 Mar 8, 2013
Edit last post... @ Tam: In true Christianity.

Fennario

#500095 Mar 8, 2013
snevaeh legna wrote:
Through God's mighty power, we have the ability to do that ya know...
:)
Luke 10:19
* Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Great verse...
trifecta1 wrote:
:)
YES, great verse.
Great verse, huh?

This is Christianity. You call it love, but it's hate. You can see it being taught right here on this thread.

You people aren't fit to be making moral judgments for the rest of society. We have a better way - a MUCH better way.

#500096 Mar 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You and me both.
I'll rephrase... not all who call themselves a Christian are Christian.

And in another sense, there is a true church (people of God) within a church assembly.

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#500097 Mar 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tam... The Bible does not necessarily say "till death do us part"... but to paraphrase, obviously the death of a spouse is another case in which one can get remarried.
So true Qu....
Any relationship requires trust! Without trust there is no relationship. Christianity is all about relationships. Love one another! Yet if one does not trust then he is lost. That applies to marriage too. Adultery and abandonment are grounds for divorce. Both are a total breach of trust.

#500098 Mar 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You find me disgusting, but not your fellow "saints" that post about urinating, farting, and stepping on cockroaches?
Your religion is failing you like it has failed the world. It's values and priorities are deformed.
Before your arrival, several of us have already talked to Dr. Shrink to no avail.

“Miles from Nowhere”

Location hidden

#500099 Mar 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
People will be laughing at his jokes for hundreds of years.
If they live that long.
I walked to the convenience store and when I got there the kid was locking the door. I said to him, "The sign says your open for 24 hours."

He said, "Yeah, but not in a row."

“Miles from Nowhere”

Location hidden

#500100 Mar 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tam... The Bible does not necessarily say "till death do us part"... but to paraphrase, obviously the death of a spouse is another case in which one can get remarried.
Why would that be a reason? What is unfaithfulness? Would marrying somebody and then getting on a boat for a period of time, leaving her alone, be considered unfaithfulness?

Is it all about sex?

splain it to me.

#500101 Mar 8, 2013
TIM958 wrote:
Does Jesus love me because I subject myself to His will? Or Do I subject myself to His will because Jesus loves me? Those two statements draw the line between law and grace. Grace is receiving from God that which I deserve not. Mercy is not receiving that which I do deserve which is eternal separation. Love and appreciate our Savior for what He has provided for you. Then you can walk in the light.....
1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Jesus loves us regardless and doesn't want anyone to go to hell... this is part of the main reason why Christ died... so that the world could be saved through Him... those who "choose" to trust and obey Him.

But if OSAS (One Saved Always Saved) is true... then Ians, Tide, Karl and those former Believers on the various apostasy threads who have left the faith for various reasons have absolutely nothing to worry about and can continue in Atheism or Agnostism.

That OSAS is the junk that Calvin brought over from the gnostic Nicolations... which is the abominable stuff that many Christians have been deceived by. Even poor GW is doubting if a loving God could actually create a hell because OSAS simply conflicts with the scriptures. No wonder Le le and GW doubts God's Word.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#500102 Mar 8, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, and you as well...
* For your table
http://www.floristone.com/flowers/products/T3...
GN sweetie :)
Oh.. they're lovely. Have a wonderful day gorgeous :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Gods r Delusion x... 673,296
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Rob Ford Sr 286,296
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Catcher1 104,723
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr _Drifter 981,314
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr _Drifter 4,052
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr Peter Ross 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,813
More from around the web