Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#499828 Mar 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww....Thats too bad....That pastor was wrong in his teaching that God gets mad if you don't tithe...Titheing is personal and a choice....
You said "I can't find one that isn't full of hypocrites, thieves, sluts, drug addicts, etc."...You're never going to find a church with Perfect or all Good People...A church is full of imperfect people striving to follow God and his ways....A Church is like a Hospital for the sick and Hurting.
Yes Mam, you got that right. LO

I know a Church has to pay their electric bills and heating bills, that should be why we Tithe, and of course material for teaching Sunday School and Bible School for the childen.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#499829 Mar 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I'm forward that way. I have been tasked to go forth and preach my word to all the lands.
Don't forget the atolls.

Those people are so rude.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#499830 Mar 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make me laugh....LOL
"changes the vapors of the old ones"
:-)
Tryin to follow dr shrink's orders is hard.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#499831 Mar 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you found your voice...go back and read my post...not a word about that she and I were the only ones that were not afraid to stand up.
"Blacklisted" was a joke...I used to say they change to lock on me...moved and didn't tell me...
Nevermind...just keep on looking for something to feel persecuted over...
I don't know who told you what nor do I care. I have been posting on this thread for the last three years. I know what ya mean about trolls though...WINLAC gets all the Christian trolls...remind me and I'll introduce you to "Gut Stomper"...
I didn't say you said that you and her were the only ones, now did I?(paranoia much?) I was just commenting that you weren't the only ones.

I do not look for something to be persecuted over. That is okay if you don't care who told me, and yes there are some that pretend to be Christians, but are not, they are trolls.

I have not been on this 'WINLAC thread you mentioned , do not know about it.

I do not get to go on very much , and only a few of these threads do I care to get on.

I am a busy man, and can only check in from time to time.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499832 Mar 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Alvin Lee died. He was one of the great ones..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bW5M5xljdCIXX
Sorry to hear that.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#499833 Mar 7, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
Just checking to see if any familiar names are here, I see a few - Cold day here in mid Michigan -- lots of warm hearts though --
Hey Sweet Cyber Sister Granny ~ great seeing you in here again, and hope you find enough reason to hang around xxxxx We miss you :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499834 Mar 7, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Ians... First things first. There are some who say that Jesus is/was a myth and one of the first things they may say is that Jesus did not exist.. which, in the space of two thousand years, is a fairly new skeptical argument. So to begin with, I'm building on the fact that Jesus did exist. Do you believe Jesus was a person who existed?
I believe that there may have been an itinerant rabbi named Jesus who may have said many of the things attributed to him. The story of Jesus may be the legend of this man's life, or a composite of many men, or possibly purely mythical.

The only important question, though, is whether a god named Jesus came to earth, did miracles, and was resurrected, and the answer to that is no. Jesus didn't meet the criteria for the messiah, for example.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#499835 Mar 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Sweet Cyber Sister Granny ~ great seeing you in here again, and hope you find enough reason to hang around xxxxx We miss you :)
Hello to ya---just dropping by for awhile, hope your day is a pleasant one . Mine has been thus far and a relaxing day at that.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#499836 Mar 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad to die unloved, and a privilege to suffer grief for somebody that you loved who has died. The evidence that they made a difference while alive is that they still do after they're gone.
I'm sorry I missed this.
Ja... it is a tragedy. How many have we not seen, just in our passing alone.

But for the many whose memory remains...
A bikey in my arms in the gutter who knew in his dying seconds, that Love Cares.
A little bird when holding it's last breath in my hands.
An elderly soul – treated like an animal in a Home for the Aged – in her final moments of clinging to life on the floor of human dignity.
A brave soldier whose flesh still clings to my face...
An endless list... never forgotten... means Love is evidence of more than just a difference when in their presence alone.

Thank you again for Caring

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#499837 Mar 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww....Thats too bad....That pastor was wrong in his teaching that God gets mad if you don't tithe...Titheing is personal and a choice....
You said "I can't find one that isn't full of hypocrites, thieves, sluts, drug addicts, etc."...You're never going to find a church with Perfect or all Good People...A church is full of imperfect people striving to follow God and his ways....A Church is like a Hospital for the sick and Hurting.
Ya, I've thought about that. It's just really hard for me to watch somebody standing up in front if the church, praying for [insert option here], then going out back for a BJ & a joint.

I've had enough with churches. I've found my own personal peace & understanding with God and we're happy with it.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#499838 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It's hard to imagine Americans thinking like this.
Cynics say that America is being retooled back to third world status, and that much of the middle class will become serfs. By that is meant people that don't have much, and have little or no job security or social safety net. Such people don't quit exploitative jobs that barely pay a living wage. Nor do they grumble, strike, take days off or show up late. They're grateful to have jobs, even unsafe, low paying ones without benefits.
I don't know if that's true, but your post has that feel to it -grateful to be staying afloat.
If so, your church has the perfect moral code for you to follow. Be glad to be poor. Be meek. Don't complain about injustices. Just turn the other cheek. It's good to suffer.
And don't try to do anything about it. It's your god's will. Just look at the lilies of the field. They don't worry. Besides, it will all be evened out after you're dead, when you finally get your reward for willingly being a doormat.
You assume much from my post to judy without knowing anything, and as usual when it comes to the church you do not know what you are talking about, do you have an aversion to honest hard work?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#499839 Mar 7, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you said that you and her were the only ones, now did I?(paranoia much?) I was just commenting that you weren't the only ones.
I do not look for something to be persecuted over. That is okay if you don't care who told me, and yes there are some that pretend to be Christians, but are not, they are trolls.
I have not been on this 'WINLAC thread you mentioned , do not know about it.
I do not get to go on very much , and only a few of these threads do I care to get on.
I am a busy man, and can only check in from time to time.
Strange that you would call me paranoid since you said this in your original post to me...

"There is NOT a poster in here that is afraid to stand up and let their voices be heard (not just you two), this includes us Christians."

You went so far as to capitalize NOT and in parenthesis said (not just you two). Paranoid much???

I just noticed...I always thought you were a woman.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#499840 Mar 7, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Those you listed are all Sinners, they need to go to church!
LOL
(just throwing a funny)
Christians use to gather at someone's house (take turns), but tat stopped . Some had as high as 50 people at their house---then started using backyards or parks in the summertimes, wasn't a bad idea actually.
3 or more gathered together in His name , there He is also.
They don't need to simply "go to church". There's too many "Sunday Christians" as it is (that's the gutter tramp getting down n dirty with 6 guys on Saturday night, then goin to church and pretending to grandma that she's a good christian girl).

I remember a pastors daughter at a church I went to, she gave quite a few sermons in Sunday school (SUNDAY SCHOOL!) about premarital sex and love and happiness and blah blah de f_cking blah. She wound up pregnant at 16 years old by the 17 year old pastors "assistant"'s son. The church quietly hid them and protected them and anytime anyone brought it up, we were shunned out.

Just like the God damned Catholic Church does with their pedophiles.

To hell with churches.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#499841 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I can tell us apart. We're the ones who don't refer to people with a different worldview as outsiders, evil, or by any other divisive or dehumanizing term.
The true born again IN Christ have a different insight into matters beyond yours because we have been Blessed with such as you at this point in your life obviously have not, the more you try to attack the believers the more you display your ignorance of such matters.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#499843 Mar 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good answer Epi.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#499844 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quote>
To hell with churches.
On the contrary that is going to be YOUR destination if you don't get it turned around in time.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#499845 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I've thought about that. It's just really hard for me to watch somebody standing up in front if the church, praying for [insert option here], then going out back for a BJ & a joint.
I've had enough with churches. I've found my own personal peace & understanding with God and we're happy with it.
You should consider attending the Church of Holy Catcher.

No tithing required (unless you want premium seating in Catcher heaven).

No preaching either.

A rigorous exercise (not exorcise) program is mandatory however.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#499846 Mar 7, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
I agree,..funny
You volunteered your testimony of a GOD being the reason you recently received a "huge" financial gain. In response I asked for a demonstration of your faith and relationship with a GOD.
Are you trying to blow smoke up my underwear?
It would be nice if you professing christians could back up your claims.
What "demonstration" do you require and why do you need it? I have only ONE that I have to answer to and study to show myself approved to, and that is not you, in the years that you have been posting on this thread and reading and responding to everyones posts, I'm sure you likely know what you need to do as far as salvation goes, if you chose not to believe then you simply do not believe, but stop bugging others with your endless line of playing games because I am not interested.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#499847 Mar 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary that is going to be YOUR destination if you don't get it turned around in time.
See, RR?

You gotta turn it around.

The Church of the Holy Catcher welcomes all who enter our doors.

Let our light shine on you.

Our workout equipment is second to none, and we have several personal trainers to assist you.

One more thing: As soon as the coin in the coffer rings, the soul from purgatory springs.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#499848 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It sounds like you're saying that the bible is the only book you need. Nothing shortens the reading list quite like adding the bible to it.
It is.
I am like a tortoise with my home on my back. It's fixed like my shell, and to rid me of that would be to kill me.

I have learned extra words, phrases, just for my reading list in here...
...like
...nah
...I won't join in throwing stones
...I need the bones I have left
I even thought Christians didn't use them there terms, or talk like that, but I was wrong.
My English is growing every day!

Contentment is a state of mind when a heart sings with Love. All other words fail to describe that, and folk here know I'm a Jesus freak anyway!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Uncle Jack 87,971
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min kent 703,650
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,469
Why the Trump Presidency is the usual Republica... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 8
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,075
Are you paying for public service? 3 hr annebonney 1
The most DOMINATE NBA Players of ALL-TIME......... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1