“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#499660 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Forgive me, I have to revisit this.
I write that religion is learned, socially practiced and encultured, and that all believers "know" they have the "one, true god" and the "one, true religion."
This is what Tri considers a rebuttal:
<quoted text>
bwaaaahahahahahahaha
So, your main argument is that you, a believer, have found the "one, true religion."
Wow! Just like every other believer of every other religion then! How astonishing - such subjectively real, personal evidence you bring to the table!
Sorry, baby, your subjective experiences just prove my point over and over and over again. Other believers of other religions do not share your revelations about your mythology and deities. They have their own.
So...once again I am proved correct by your own words. Thanks.
Your own wrods, prove {you} WRONG.

[Here's the problem you've been avoiding: believers of other religions know, with exactly as much power and authority as you have, that their deities are real, their religions, true. They do not subjectively or objectively experience your deity, just like you do not experience theirs]

[[[[

That, is clearly False. For the reasons I stated in my writings. Now you either can't refute that what you wrote is false, or your Ego is too fragile to admit you got trumped.

I say Both.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#499661 Mar 7, 2013
words.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#499662 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>its pretty straight forward. How you can't see that could be due to trying to cover your ignorance.
If you are encultured to be an Atheist.
And another is encultured to be a Thiest.
Two different and [opposing] cultures. One of you, is wrong right? That no obvious writer?
LOL.
The whole set of you freethinkers intellectually can fit inside of a tube of toothpaste.
Nope. You didn't get it. I don't think you're going to. Oh well. Not a my problem thing.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#499663 Mar 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument.
Where's my balloon bunny?
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/fishki_net/3569965/...
Well if you have no argument, stop being one.

When we don't see you anymore, we will know you shook off slavery.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#499664 Mar 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If LeLe was on the same side of the debate as you JL and directing her posts at us "outsiders"...would you see her as nasty and spiteful?
Yes Annie, I would.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#499665 Mar 7, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Exactly.
It occurs to me that Shrink offers a perfect opportunity to demonstrate the efficacy of prayer.
Can all the Christians on this thread please pray for Shrink? Let's see if divine intervention helps him. If it did, it would be a win-win for everyone involved. Who wants to participate?
Shrink's God, will take care of Shrink. No one here solicited your concern, and neither is it welcomed. So you probably know what you can do with your concern.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#499666 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Shrink's God, will take care of Shrink. No one here solicited your concern, and neither is it welcomed. So you probably know what you can do with your concern.
More of that Christian love we have become accustomed to seeing here.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#499667 Mar 7, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care slightes
to learn proper american slang,is to bamble without of understyanding by foreigners overseas
nobody around the world understand american hot potatoe mouth bamblings
if Dr Shrink would learn same way,he would forget other languages,and allien divine Universe Language allow him to communicate directly before the MOST HOLY TABERNACLE THRONE OF HIS ALMGHYY FATHER E-SHADDAI
also to my top bizzare knowledge I don't see any free room to learn american style hot cooked potatoe bamblings?
you get it now?
Why do you bother posting here if you know that what you spend time writing isn't understood by anyone? What is the point?

San Francisco

#499668 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Shrink's God, will take care of Shrink. No one here solicited your concern, and neither is it welcomed. So you probably know what you can do with your concern.
Huh. That wasn't a very Christ-like response. Were you like this prior to your Christian conversion?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#499669 Mar 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on.
Many people here I like, Ms. Incognito, you too.
I like most people.
Others...eh?
Awww....Scar likes me

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499671 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I don't read your stupid links atheist ... I see you as an irrelevant insignificant flea ... The fact that you come back begging and grovelling to your master everyday should take all your dignity. But arrogance has made you stupid. and you're too dumb to be embarrassed ... Spiritual Ignorance will always deem you as Inferior.
I've hurt you, haven't I? Was it the balloon bunny shtick?

Whatever pushed you over the edge, you've really come unglued. You're posting like Dr. Shrink.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#499673 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Am I in the wrong thread or is this God/no god topic being rung out to dry?
You're lost.

"Prove there's a god." is down the hall about 6 doors. Look for the transparent one with the sign that looks like this.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

You'll feel comfortable there and less confused.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#499674 Mar 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that the Hebrew word translated as 'feet' in the Bible is often the Archaic Hebrew term for penis ?
No...I didn't

I do now

Thanks Duane

:-)

San Francisco

#499675 Mar 7, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I cut your sentence off, at the part I did, when I noticed that no matter how many times I explain myself, you're still going to believe what you want and refer to me as you see fit, regardless. I can only assume that it's the level of faith required, toward atheism, that causes atheists such as yourself to think and behave as you do.
You think that belief in skepticism is going to cause skeptics to believe what they want and behave a certain way? And that would differ from belief in religion how?

I think you just criticized yourself there.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#499676 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It's over. I won. No deities exist, sorry.
Oh, well, you can pray anyways and still have exactly the same spiritual and religious life you had before you understood that your deity is an imagined reality.
No problem! No difference!
Actually no... I won.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#499677 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>its pretty straight forward. How you can't see that could be due to trying to cover your ignorance.
If you are encultured to be an Atheist.
And another is encultured to be a Thiest.
Two different and [opposing] cultures. One of you, is wrong right? That no obvious writer?
LOL.
The whole set of you freethinkers intellectually can fit inside of a tube of toothpaste.
hahaaa.

So tribal.

San Francisco

#499679 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a slave. Simply because you're still chained by what you think you gave up. Religion is your master.
Wow, talk about projection.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499680 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You are utterly wrong.

Let's start with your numbers. You claim that millions of "Hindus and Muslims and Jews" are converting "every day." Clearly, you are mistaken or outright lying. If millions were converting every day, the entire world would be Christian in all of one year.

So...every single Mulsim, Hindu and Jew is converting and then going back to their religion every year, you invoke hyperbole like it's going out of style, or you don't mind lying through your teeth.

Not very thoughtful or Christian of you to ... exaggerate thusly.

Second, given your exaggeration and gross incompetence with explaining yourself, I'm going to not believe your many conversion experiences. Even if you had been a Hindu and then a Jew and then a Buddhist and finally a Christian, how can you possibly claim one was more real than the other? Clearly, you are a man driven by the winds of change. There's no reason whatsoever to base normal people's experiences on your strange ones.

And you're forgetting that I, too, have experienced both Christianity and Buddhism and found them both wanting. I've been overtaken by the Holy Spirit - nice experience - and felt the hands of Buddha upon me - nice experience.
That doesn't make either Jesus or Buddha real deities. That just makes their religions good at conveying spiritual experience.

So...thanks. Yes, you're a man who can learn and experience lots of different religions' ways of interpreting spirituality. You have, in essence, backed up my point and gone further. In addition to experiencing spirituality from many different angles, you're also incapable of objective reasoning. You appear to support whatever spirituality you're following in the moment.

I daresay that, had you done Christianity first, you'd now be Buddhist. Or Hindu. Or whatever one you did last. As it stands, we just won't know until you, Buddha forbid, pass from this earth with only one religion at the helm. And which one that is remains to be seen.
Bam!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#499682 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg pardon. I asked River Tam for her opinion on all posts that she cares to respond to. I find her opinion enlightening and intriguingly funny, not to mention charming and outright brilliant.
I will attest that no one on this thread is as brilliant as she is - and she is the youngest member.
Oh...ok...Tide is pretty close.
Brilliant? You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I never asked Ms. Rivers her opinion. I'm sure when I require one, I shall remember to ask. It seems we're having a problem Ms. From-You. Care to share, hmmmm?

Counter_Strike.

San Francisco

#499683 Mar 7, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Misunderstand much?
If I misunderstood, please describe how. You are very good at criticism but pretty bad at rationales.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Zahid 777,563
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 14 min Doctor REALITY 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min June VanDerMark 560,241
Darüssafaka SIEMENS Derbent Maslak 299 I5 34 ... 18 min saymener 1
( Siemens ) Siemens Ev Aletleri ( 299 I5 34 )... 20 min saymener 1
YENİKÖY SERVIS ) Siemens Servisi 299 I5 34... 23 min saymener 1
Ladies: What is the perfect penis size for you? (Jan '11) 25 min Cool aha 90
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web