Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#499622 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is the fallacy of a problem you keep running into. You said this:
[Here's the problem you've been avoiding: believers of other religions know, with exactly as much power and authority as you have, that their deities are real, their religions, true. They do not subjectively or objectively experience your deity, just like you do not experience theirs]
[[[
I have experienced gods of other religions. Not an experience I'm fond of recalling, but I have experience such a god.
Believers of other religions that know with exact power and authority that their diety are real and their religion true as I do, do experience the God of Christianity Jesus Christ.
THAT IS MY POINT FOR WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT ENCULTURATION AND RELIGION.
There are Hindus and Muslims and Jews that was as convinced that their god and religion was true, millions are now converting to Jesus Followers everyday, because they have experienced the God of Christianity Jesus Christ and have believed that is he one true God. They give up their religions, their enculturation and their Deity for the God of Christianity.
Jesus followers are exploding in India, a Hindu enculturated country. My experience with Jesus Christ, that same experience others experience in enculturated cultures, are overwhelming those that have your experience of Atheism. China, and official atheistic country, is the fastest growing country of Christians. Clearly you are wrong about atheism and atheists that encounter my spiritual experience with Jesus Christ.
You were wrong about enculturation when you came on the billboard, and you're wrong Now.
And this writing of yours proves it. You easy writer. I just strung you along until you reveal clearly the fallacy in you thinking and understanding.
Thing that always get you freethinkers is Arrogance.
Arrogance is is not a virtue, its a hideous flaw. and it will be your unbecoming all the time, as it did today.
:)
You are utterly wrong.

Let's start with your numbers. You claim that millions of "Hindus and Muslims and Jews" are converting "every day." Clearly, you are mistaken or outright lying. If millions were converting every day, the entire world would be Christian in all of one year.

So...every single Mulsim, Hindu and Jew is converting and then going back to their religion every year, you invoke hyperbole like it's going out of style, or you don't mind lying through your teeth.

Not very thoughtful or Christian of you to ... exaggerate thusly.

Second, given your exaggeration and gross incompetence with explaining yourself, I'm going to not believe your many conversion experiences. Even if you had been a Hindu and then a Jew and then a Buddhist and finally a Christian, how can you possibly claim one was more real than the other? Clearly, you are a man driven by the winds of change. There's no reason whatsoever to base normal people's experiences on your strange ones.

And you're forgetting that I, too, have experienced both Christianity and Buddhism and found them both wanting. I've been overtaken by the Holy Spirit - nice experience - and felt the hands of Buddha upon me - nice experience.

That doesn't make either Jesus or Buddha real deities. That just makes their religions good at conveying spiritual experience.

So...thanks. Yes, you're a man who can learn and experience lots of different religions' ways of interpreting spirituality. You have, in essence, backed up my point and gone further. In addition to experiencing spirituality from many different angles, you're also incapable of objective reasoning. You appear to support whatever spirituality you're following in the moment.

I daresay that, had you done Christianity first, you'd now be Buddhist. Or Hindu. Or whatever one you did last. As it stands, we just won't know until you, Buddha forbid, pass from this earth with only one religion at the helm. And which one that is remains to be seen.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499623 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
(to IANS)Spiritual Ignorance will always deem you as Inferior.
Well, you got one thing right.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#499624 Mar 7, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You are forever a follower if you trust in Jesus, and a leader if you do not, and feel the need to usurp God's role.
Misunderstand much?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499625 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then damn it, woman.
Don't get all pissy when I flick my boogers!
That's just my encultration hard at work.
Actually, it's her enculturation at work.

Why should she be pissy just because you are doing a thing?!?

Her damned culture told her that your nose-picking is disgusting and now she experiences life as if that were objectively true!

But it cannot be - it's just you cleaning out your breathing hole.

Go to!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499626 Mar 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is natural to all mammals
what kind of stupid question is this?
(psssst...how many kinds are there?)

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#499627 Mar 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of a particular thing is just that, an opinion.
And no one asked you for yours.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499628 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Father"?!?!
EW, no!
I was pulling the blanket DOWN, not UP......
>:)
Bad dad! Baaaaad!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#499629 Mar 7, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Crrap. Should've known...LOL
Don't Hershey Splurt the kitty!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499630 Mar 7, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Ehrman ... Even in his agnosticism and career skepticism he admits to Jesus physical existence.
Why would either of those matter? Why would it matter that Bart Ehrman thinks so, and why would it matter even if he were correct? If Jesus wasn't a god, it doesn't matter whether a man by that name existed or not, or who thinks so.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#499631 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's her enculturation at work.
Why should she be pissy just because you are doing a thing?!?
Her damned culture told her that your nose-picking is disgusting and now she experiences life as if that were objectively true!
But it cannot be - it's just you cleaning out your breathing hole.
Go to!
Exactly!

(lol)

And I have a deviated septum, I NEED to release the mucus in whatever way I can.

*Plus it's really funny when someone sees a dried booger on the TV and goes: "What the f_ck is that?!?"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#499632 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad dad! Baaaaad!
I know....

I think punishment is in order.....

(.Y.)

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#499634 Mar 7, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you abominable poeople churches and synagoges have not any spiritual agenda to help them
ONLY INSULT AND WITHOUT OF END PROVOCING THEM ABOUT THEIR SEXUALA ORIENTATION AND PAST 3 MONTHS OR EARLIER RECEIVE IN RETURN INSULTS,GODS BLASPHEMIES AND BITTERNESS
IT SEEMS TO ME YOU GUYS ARE WORSE MOCKERS OF GOD,FROM THOSE HOMOSEXUALS
You don't have any different spiritual ageand to talk and help them somehow?????
Tread carefully brother and seize tongue!

You turn on neighbor as viper in hot sun would turn on mongoose for want of meal.

I will have you know, brother, that homosexuals are people to with feelings and many have several scars on heart and wounds within soul. Many of them who abandoned and abused. Now I can understand this, but I do not make excuses for someone giving in to homosexuality, just as I would not show affection to those who have tested suicide as an escape.

You will hold your words when absemnt proper purpose brother, and hgain proper understanding lest you stand alone in the wilderness. Nothing's wrong with you showing that you can be human and compassionate every now and then Mr. Shrink. What has damaged you so why you constantly present callus heart and cold persona?

MAKE THYSELF CLEAR OR FOREVER HOLD TONGUE!

CS.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#499635 Mar 7, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do agree, the reason they like lele so much is because she's just as nasty and spiteful as they are.
If LeLe was on the same side of the debate as you JL and directing her posts at us "outsiders"...would you see her as nasty and spiteful?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#499636 Mar 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would either of those matter? Why would it matter that Bart Ehrman thinks so, and why would it matter even if he were correct? If Jesus wasn't a god, it doesn't matter whether a man by that name existed or not, or who thinks so.
Jesús mows like a god.....

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#499637 Mar 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is about LW's behavior, not AIN's ego ..
<quoted text>
1. LW is spamming this thread, agreed?
2. Therefore, my spam 'judgits' were earned, agreed?
3. LW accused AIN and commenced with name-calling in error, agreed?
4. If someone accuses you falsely and indulges in name-calling, wouldn't an apology be proper etiquette?
5. Instead, LW proceeded, without cause, to demean me, hurl red herrings and indulge in name-calling.
6. Would you agree that such behavior is unacceptable?
The first name calling I spotted was AIn's to LW. So thats what i responded to.

If someone calls you a name you can retaliate, sure I got no problem with that. I know i respond in kind.

But the whole thing is/was rather ridiculous and childish, but then again as long as i've been here I should be expecting that.

I've been here from damn near the beginning. There was a time when I can honestly say i was addicted to it. Not so much anymore. I've learned alot of things over the years, which is what makes it hard for me to leave completley even yet.'Occams Razor' is my favorite. Maybe because its the simplest concept to grasp. Or maybe its because it works.

I also like talking and reading with people like you and dink, who have had the unique experiences. Its fascinating.

But its time I take my leave. I need positivity in my life and its rarely found here. Except for Epi's morning prayers and thoughts for the day (I salute you Epster)(which by the way is spam in case you want to make some point and bombard her with spam icons), which I will miss..........

Take care friend..........Hopefully you can marry your partner some day..........But thats not my issue, its yours. I voted for ya but I'm more concerned with the state of our world right now. Its a battle you'll have to fight w/o me..........

Good luck.

#499638 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Im not gonna wade through all the posts to find your responses to me. I'll just apologize if I offended you. These are good people here for the most part just trying to get through life like anyone else..........No need to mock them for it.

Alvin Lee died. He was one of the great ones..........

#499639 Mar 7, 2013
Take care everyone..........

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#499640 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Good Morning Ians... First things first. There are some who say that Jesus is/was a myth and one of the first things they may say is that Jesus did not exist.. which, in the space of two thousand years, is a fairly new skeptical argument.

So to begin with, I'm building on the fact that Jesus did exist. Do you believe Jesus was a person who existed?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#499641 Mar 7, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you told us the story of your cousin. And in that story
you tell us your belief is: we are born into our own sexuality.
And we do not choose who we are going to fall head over
heals for..
Yes?
Please answer me..
Why do you believe your cousin was "a queer boy" ?
As for "even Que"..Epi, this man has been bashing others on topix
for far to long.. I never liked him or his tactics when he was a.k.a James from
Charlotte.
How come when ever anyone claims "Christ"- they seem to get a
free pass to- anything goes- around here??
lol..
"Queer" was the Label then....Also if kids wore a certain color on a specific day...They were called "You're a Queer...you wore green"...You know how teenaged kids are. Its alot better now...more sensitivity. I am all for being kind to everyone.

Some people get grandious ideas...I suspect even if some people weren't Christians..they would still have the same traits....

Hope you family is doing WELL....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499642 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
being a religious slave is ignorant and pretty stupid.
No argument.

Where's my balloon bunny?
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/fishki_net/3569965/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Hidingfromyou 863,951
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min dollarsbill 6,402
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 21 min sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 51 min sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 59 min Ajay 446
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 835
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr BenAdam 1,939
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 599,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 272,403
More from around the web