“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499474 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I can see you have your priorities all squared away. Wow.
Yes, I do. Thanks for noticing.

Fennario

#499475 Mar 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
So you are playing guitar in a European country?
Not lately.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#499476 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sister,
Just so you know, no one is judging her. No stones from me. She asked for our views.
:)
HFN
I know!
...and passing on mine...

Take Care HFN
Have just come in and blowing thru for a short time.
maybe I'll catch up later...

But I read enough 'to know enough' over the past few days/weeks to write with Love'... for Lucy.

I have not seen you so vocal ???
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499477 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is my comparing your aged, tired exclamation that today's generation is wildly immoral to Plato's 2000 year old call of the same a double standard?
And, yes, if you base your examination of others' morality on your version of Christianity, you're wrong. Better?
No you just don’t understand my post. teee heee

You said,“…the only way you seem to be able to cope is by telling everyone else they're wrong and their morality sucks” Again, kind of like you saying Christianity is wrong. That is the double standard I was talking about. You apply things to others that you don’t apply to yourself. You and your friends too. Double standards.

So I guess the only way you can cope is by telling Christians they are wrong. Just using your own logic here HFY.
HFN

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#499478 Mar 6, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>I know!

Take Care HFN

But I read enough 'to know enough' over the past few days/weeks to write with Love'... for Lucy.

I'm in a chatty mood :-)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#499479 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear that - how sad.
I know of Vanuatu...the island. Is that what you mean? They grow some good kava.
Thanx... it is best to be kind, and she has been a faithful friend for 12 years.

I understood when we last spoke - some time back - when you dissected one of my 'trial by write' posts... that with your work you may have been going there?

Ja... the kava!
My husband had his birthday, and thanked them about 20 times just in one sentence >>>BigSmile<< <
It was my pleasure to take him home, where he was treated like a chief.
The 'happiest place on earth' Ja?

The post you dissected with your analytically mind was...
...I was in truth 'testing the waters' in here.
>>>my bad<<<
but ~~~grin~~~!

Fennario

#499480 Mar 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I'm not owned by a "Church"
Sure you are. I've read some of your posts. You whore for the church right here on Topix. Don't be ashamed.
trifecta1 wrote:
The "Church" is not telling me how to think.
Are we in denial? OK. How about a little validation therapy for you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validation_thera...

Of course the church isn't telling you how to think. You just happen to have the same opinions about Jesus as every other Christians, and I'm sure that you came up with those ideas on your own. How did you choose his name?
trifecta1 wrote:
I pray to YHWH Almighty through Jesus Christ.
You and every other Christian. Your original idea, right? Nobody tells you how to think.
trifecta1 wrote:
When I pay money to Church, it is called tithes and offering.
And I'm sure that it was your idea to give them money every Sunday. Where did you come up with the ten percent figure, or the idea to call it a "tithe"?
trifecta1 wrote:
Commanded by YHWH for the work of the church for administrations and to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ that was commanded by Christ Himself.
And you developed this doctrine on your own, no doubt. You're such an original thinker! Nobody thinks for you. Certainly not the church.
trifecta1 wrote:
A Jesus Follower does not need the "Church" to be a part of the body of Jesus Christ.
Follower? Not you. Nobody thinks for you.

"The lessons in this chapter should enlighten you about the Church. The discussions below teaches us that the Church is not a building or a place. The Church is described in the scriptures as the body of Christ"
http://www.tobechristian.org/Chapter%20II-1-c...
trifecta1 wrote:
you're a religious slave that can't get free from your Master that is Religion. This writing just proves my point. I think I will save it.
Yeah, I'm the slave to religion, not you. You're completely independent of it.

LOL. Clown. Where's my balloon bunny?
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/fishki_net/3569965/...
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499481 Mar 6, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know!
Take Care HFN
I tried not to be so, ah, vocal, but sometimes I get tired of all the hog wash, as many others have, including those that have left. It gets boring reading the same oh same oh page after page.

Hope to see you later.

Oh and who is Lucy?
HFN

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#499482 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in a chatty mood :-)
I see!
Be happy...
Will have to 'put on hold' soon and feed the hungry!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499483 Mar 6, 2013
Goodnight

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#499484 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen that movie in so long! Thank you :-D
...whenever that was around?
Found it on UTube.

>>>Compassion<< <

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#499485 Mar 6, 2013
The movie the Bible was awesome!:

“‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit’, says the Lord of hosts.”(Zech 4:6)

:) SL

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#499486 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
No you just don’t understand my post. teee heee
You said,“…the only way you seem to be able to cope is by telling everyone else they're wrong and their morality sucks” Again, kind of like you saying Christianity is wrong. That is the double standard I was talking about. You apply things to others that you don’t apply to yourself. You and your friends too. Double standards.
So I guess the only way you can cope is by telling Christians they are wrong. Just using your own logic here HFY.
HFN
Christian morality, if dictated by a concept of sin and especially regarding sexual behavior, and forced on others, sucks. There's no getting around that.

And, no, I apply my rules to me. I don't see how I couldn't and I don't see how you can make the statement that I don't without actually knowing how I live my life.

So...nope, you're not using my logic. You're decidedly using your own.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#499487 Mar 6, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx... it is best to be kind, and she has been a faithful friend for 12 years.
I understood when we last spoke - some time back - when you dissected one of my 'trial by write' posts... that with your work you may have been going there?
Ja... the kava!
My husband had his birthday, and thanked them about 20 times just in one sentence >>>BigSmile<< <
It was my pleasure to take him home, where he was treated like a chief.
The 'happiest place on earth' Ja?
The post you dissected with your analytically mind was...
...I was in truth 'testing the waters' in here.
>>>my bad<<<
but ~~~grin~~~!
I hope I didn't offend you then :)

I offend a lot of people, I think.

Anyways, no, I've never been to Vanuatu. I have friends who have and who work there. It would be pretty cool to visit. It's a very, very Christian island, though not in the sense that American Christians would fully identify with.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#499488 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried not to be so, ah, vocal, but sometimes I get tired of all the hog wash, as many others have, including those that have left. It gets boring reading the same oh same oh page after page.
Hope to see you later.
Oh and who is Lucy?
HFN
I know...
We all have a choice to...
...sigh, scroll, speak or bite, Ja?

...if we agree to disagree... it is a fairer exchange.

Illuminatrix is Lucy - just as I am Irrira.
Love always.
PW

Fennario

#499489 Mar 6, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Counter_Strike wrote:
Are you saying I should not oppose a political candidate if he or she are members of the Church of Satan or they are some FLDS cult members? Is this what you're saying? Clearly,'bigot' is a made-up word not fully defined.
Are you saying that I shouldn't oppose the candidacy of anybody who calls him- or herself Christian? No way you would call me a bigot for that attitude, right?

I'm going to put it to the test. You won't mind, will you?
Counter_Strike wrote:
You are making a mockery of people who stand against evil like witchcraft, idolatry, adultery, necromancy, demon invocations and the list goes on and on and on.
I know that you won't criticize my stand against all candidates that endorse the evil of Christianity.

Here is my new official political stance, thanks to your enlightenment of me:

"Get evil out of government. No Christians in any elected office ever, nor in any position of responsibility or authority!"

You won't mind of I refer anybody that calls me a bigot back to your post, will you? I knew you wouldn't.

Fennario

#499490 Mar 7, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I'm sure you've never heard me call you that. Immoral pervert, sure. Scum of the earth, never. There's a thin line between being accurate and being a judgmental hypocrite.
LOL. This is beautiful. You don't mind if I share it with some friends, do you? http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#499491 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I didn't offend you then :)
I offend a lot of people, I think.

Anyways, no, I've never been to Vanuatu. I have friends who have and who work there. It would be pretty cool to visit. It's a very, very Christian island, though not in the sense that American Christians would fully identify with.
Don't we all offend... sometimes?
But no... I posted what I did... and we had a fair exchange!
Can't even remember now - 2-3 years?- what it was?

Ja, the Spaniards introduced Christianity.
+ French +++ over time.

But they have a great way of dealing with it... as most can incorporate it into their customs and lives with a smile and not judgement of each other.

I would rather see 'true-happy-from-the-heart' folk than none!
I missed much of the in-between with all the 22 years spent in Africa.

I believe I told you I was a guest of honor when the Japanese came there, and together we planted a Peace Pole. Was also in Hawaii re their Peace Day, 2006.

Fennario

#499492 Mar 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I have seen secular humanist in actions too much. These people not looking to be enlightened. They think they are smarter than any person that believes in a Deist.
Do you believe in a deist? If so, you couldn't be very smart.

Where's my balloon bunny?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#499493 Mar 7, 2013
>>>Later... maybe much later<<<

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min lightbeamrider 176,756
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Tony17 589,351
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min Christian with Jesus 837,023
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 50 min Rosa_Winkel 443,179
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 271,262
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Tony17 417
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,077
More from around the web