Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#499496 Mar 7, 2013

We are warned in 1 Tim. 4:1 and 6 that in the latter times some will turn away from the faith giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and we are admonished to be worthy stewards of Jesus Christ, ever nourishing our own selves on the truths of the faith so that we can TRULY live victorious in Jesus Christ.
:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499497 Mar 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Nitpicking? Why do so few of you Christians ...
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Yep. You don't listen. No point in saying anything more to you.
You cut me off mid-sentence to tell me that I don't listen? OK.

Did you just belly up? You don't have much stamina or substance to you, do you?

Fennario

#499498 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that would be enough - we'd have to have positive, functional education systems, educated, scientifically literate politicians (impossible, right!), and a lot more honesty with regards to the treatment of others.
But it would be a nice start.
I'm still surprised that no nation has outlawed the Catholic church for its incredibly immoral policies of protecting pedophiles. I mean, it is the most powerful, organized institution of suppressing victims of molestation - what could be more frightening?
If any other sovereign state but the Vatican was running a pedophilic sex syndicate right in the United States - say out of some brown country like Columbia or Thailand - the US would send the Navy Seals in and frog march the responsible head of state out of there like they did Noriega and Hussein, or just shoot him like they did bin Laden.

But not the pope. He says, "Jesus, Jesus" a lot, which is somehow different.

Fennario

#499499 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
The person who denied claiming you were obsessed, and then presented her post that claims you are obsessed as evidence that she made no such claim, never responded to me asking her if she had, in fact, read her own post.
That was Juicylu, now called Illuminatrix. She explained that she was trying to make a point, but I'm not clear on which one. It had something to do with Dim changing my meaning and then calling me a liar, although I don't remember doing either with her.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#499500 Mar 7, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing there, says file not found..
LOL! That's the same thing that's on the cakes sent ta inmates!

Fennario

#499501 Mar 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
As I see it, Le_Le and Annie are the most decent, compassionate and reasonable "insiders" here.
Then why are other theists savaging them? Seraphine says that she and Sora get the same vicious treatment from other Christians, too.

I guess that the love of Jesus is just too complex for me to understand. I can't distinguish it from hatred.

Fennario

#499502 Mar 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
This world is going to hell in a hand basket
More uplifting words from Jesus' kids. What a beautiful religion you have!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#499503 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL.
Do you also post "walla" for voilà and "bonified" for bona fide?
Where's my balloon bunny?
You don't deserve a balloon bunny. You have no manners and are a nasty naughty little bear. Also, we are worried that you will eat the balloon because you are insane. Now, go sit in the corner!

http://treymorgan.net/wp-content/uploads/2011...

Fennario

#499506 Mar 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The Khamsin: Hot East Wind A hot south east wind blows across Egypt and Palestine during the months of May and October.It fills the air with a yellow haze of dust and often lasts three days or more. The Bible mentions this wind many times as a symbol of God's wrath.
Your god has an anger management problem.

Fennario

#499507 Mar 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush.
Ask your doctor if Zovirax brand of acyclovir is right for you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#499508 Mar 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
We are warned in 1 Tim. 4:1 and 6 that in the latter times some will turn away from the faith giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and we are admonished to be worthy stewards of Jesus Christ, ever nourishing our own selves on the truths of the faith so that we can TRULY live victorious in Jesus Christ.
:)
Hey gorgeous :-)

We sure were;
1 Timothy 1:3-11
Warning Against False Teachers

3 As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine, 4 nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith. 5 The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion, 7 desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

8 Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, 10 the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, 11 in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

Scribes must've been psychic 2000 years ago.... pfffttbbb....

Praise Jesus!
Doctor REALITY

United States

#499509 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Your god has an anger management problem.
Why are you here? Your silly questions and comments serve no REAL purpose here. Get a life and go away.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#499510 Mar 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! That's the same thing that's on the cakes sent ta inmates!
Lol... an intelligent post! Hello pretty parrot pirate <grinning>

Fennario

#499511 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Everything I know is false to someone else. Everything I know in science will be refined and changed in the future.

Here's the problem you've been avoiding: believers of other religions know, with exactly as much power and authority as you have, that their deities are real, their religions, true. They do not subjectively or objectively experience your deity, just like you do not experience theirs.

And I do not experience yours or theirs.

That tells us two things:

First, your god is not omnipresent, but only real for you because you are a socially trained believer. Their gods likewise are not real for you and only real for them because they are socially trained in their religions.

Second, since any of your deities from any religion are subjectively real ONLY for believers, none of them are objectively real.

Hence, my position more accurately models the sum total of you believer's subjective realities with regards to other people's deities. Since my position overlaps with everyone's subjective experiences and since your position does not, parsimony dictates that my position of atheism is closest to the objective reality humans never experience directly.

Therefore, deities, including your own, are imagined beings.
Good argument.

Fennario

#499512 Mar 7, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Hi Judy :-) That part confuses me, I'd love some input...
Separated 4 years for the second time in 10.
Supposed husband, cheated and impregnated 2 other women.
Was not a Christian marriage, we were both atheists.
Not long before current separation, I became a Christian, he is still an atheist.
For some reason unknown to me, he has not started divorce proceedings despite constantly saying he will.
He claims to (and I'm inclined to believe him) have only married me for two reasons, one to rebel as I was an atheist and the second was well, I won't mention the second but it was not love.
Can I divorce him?
I would just like to see people's views on this, mainly Christian elders.
Thank you :-)
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Lucy, I am no christian elder, do not attend a church, and reading what you have been thru - you have already been forgiven...
Why would Juice need to be forgiven? She's the victim.

But let's assume that she were guilty of something here. How can you or anybody other than her victim forgive Juice for what she did to a third party? You might say, "God forgives her," which is meaningless to unbelievers. To us, that means you never got forgiveness, but forgave yourself instead.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I cannot believe there would be one Christian who has the right to judge you.
Finger wagging Christians are sure that their god approves of them, and there is no shortage of them whether you think they have that right or not. Try telling them otherwise. They think by faith, so good luck with that.

@ Juice - sorry.

You may need to be legally free from your ex. If Australian law resembles American law, you are responsible for him in many ways. I knew a guy who got a call from the other side of the country that his ex was in an ICU in a coma uninsured.

Hopefully, you can enjoy intimacy again, whether sexual or not. You'll probably want to be divorced for that, won't you?

Don't let anybody tell you that your god wants you married to such a person.

Fennario

#499513 Mar 7, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Double standards constantly with you guys.
Generalization! Generalization!

Oh the bigotry!

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#499514 Mar 7, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...thank you, Warrior of Piece.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
I was wondering which piece...
...until I saw this
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Warrior of Peace.
My apologies.
I pray you're having a great day.
Andrew (CS).
You are forgiven and can come home now...
...and thank you. The day is now 9-45pm Thurs, and hot.+- your 100F and having a heat wave. Trust you are safe in those blizzards over there.
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Counter_Strike: When do people, believers stand up and be counted? When will they say no more to being used as door mats where boots walking in $h!t and p!$$ whipe all over us. When do we value the price that we were baught and paid for.[Earned in Blood: Quo Vadis]
I read some of your history, and I can appreciate the emotions which well up...

'Standing up' has from the start been to turn the other cheek. My jaw and ears are permanently a reminder, with no cure for the damage done. But friendships formed were worth the battle by 'being counted' and knowing I harmed no-one...

Matthew 5
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Shalom CS...
I am glad you and BLL have found one another. You will have much to share.

Fennario

#499515 Mar 7, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Found out today we have to put our family pet to sleep.
Sorry.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#499516 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why would Juice need to be forgiven? She's the victim.
But let's assume that she were guilty of something here. How can you or anybody other than her victim forgive Juice for what she did to a third party? You might say, "God forgives her," which is meaningless to unbelievers. To us, that means you never got forgiveness, but forgave yourself instead.
<quoted text>
Finger wagging Christians are sure that their god approves of them, and there is no shortage of them whether you think they have that right or not. Try telling them otherwise. They think by faith, so good luck with that.
@ Juice - sorry.
You may need to be legally free from your ex. If Australian law resembles American law, you are responsible for him in many ways. I knew a guy who got a call from the other side of the country that his ex was in an ICU in a coma uninsured.
Hopefully, you can enjoy intimacy again, whether sexual or not. You'll probably want to be divorced for that, won't you?
Don't let anybody tell you that your god wants you married to such a person.
That's so sweet... thank you <3

Fennario

#499517 Mar 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I get annoyed when someone tells me I'm wrong despite not understanding my position and garbling entirely my message.
Wrong? How far off can "bigot" and "liar" be now?

Understanding? They have the Spirit, and thus spiritual discernment, you are wrong. And evil. And the world is horrible. And getting worse.

It's fine religion crafting fine people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Buck Crick 37,623
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Steve III 641,138
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min AussieBobby 44,281
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Tulip289 104,611
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr BonBons7522 969,862
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr DENG 38,324
Play "end of the word" part 2 3 hr Al Capone 1,704
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr who 280,858
More from around the web