Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#499383 Mar 6, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't pretend that you aren't batshit crazy, but I don't want to hassle you for it either.
I won't be speaking to you again.
Clearwater is the guy who says his wife was a lesbian but their god cured her. And he was "on the path" to homosexuality but barely escaped.

I haven't white-sheeted him because he's so, so weird that I may want to address him further.

He's also a fierce right-winger, posts on the Bush Is a Hero thread. Bunch of loons over there too.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#499384 Mar 6, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey SP, le le does consider herself a christian, but you have just called her out for the hateful individual that she really is.
I couldn't tell if she was or not--lol

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#499385 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not very tolerant of other people's choices are you? What's wrong with being celibate? Or is it just Christian celibacy you take issue with?
Oh, no, that post was just a joke reply to a joke post. People with halitosis still get laid - hence the invention of duct-tape :)

I'm not tolerant of views that decrease one's enjoyment and fulfillment out of life, especially when those are based on ill-conceived social pressure designed around religious manipulation.

However, if you both promoted celibacy as a means to spiritual fullness while standing up for sex education that doesn't rely on abstinence but is honest, lacking manipulative intent, then I would entirely support you.

The Christian religion dominates in Western politics and attempts to do so in Western education. It forces its views on the world through economic and foreign policies - Bush was able to, for example, force nations to adopt abstinence only policies to fight HIV/AIDS thereby resulting in a increase of the disease. That's the opposite of useful. In America, abstinence only education policies promote childhood pregnancies, while Christian sexual morality leads people to stop HPV vaccinations for young women, thereby enabling the disease at high levels.

I'm sure any religion with similar machinations on sex would have similar outcomes - when society makes sex dirty and sinful while simultaneously prevents knowledge about safe sex practices and restricts technologies to implement them, the result is disrupted family lives and increased disease burden. Those are preventable through education, honesty and the removal of ritual impurities surrounding sex - there's no excuse, none whatsoever, for societies to act so ignorantly.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#499386 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
O_O
Well... we don't need the othersiders to sting us then... sheesh.
As I see it, Le_Le and Annie are the most decent, compassionate and reasonable "insiders" here.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#499387 Mar 6, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Judy,
You are not a stranger in here. I am anxious for Spring also. Its snowing here AGAIN..We have about 6 inches. I cant wait to plant flowers. I over-do it sometimes but my yard sure is pretty in the springtime. God Bless You Granny.
GOoD evening Grace -- thank you for your kind comment -- I've been MIA so to speak purposely, not always sure whether I'm lead to be here anymore.

I've checked in a few times and just couldn't feel Jesus leading, He nudges this gentle prompting on my heart so here I am for now --

I've met so many wonderful people thru these pages and there is truly a history here of how God has changed my heart - but it had to be with Him changing me and not others -- if we come expecting to change others it simply leads to a downhill slide.

Anyway, tis nice to hear from you -- and that is my plan this year - flowers flowers flowers, I want to be able to have fresh vases all thru the summer -- I have a niece that has the greenest thumb I've ever seen, I hope to get her help.

TLC - Judy

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#499388 Mar 6, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is a full contradiction, you have done BUT vilify and lied on people for standing on god's word because we are pointing out where it condemns the sin of homosexuality, as I've have told you before le le..........you are a hypocrite of the highest order.
Until you rebuke Qu as you did OSG, here on this thread, for
being divorced and remarried.. you are just a simpleton- a
fool and of course, a hypocrite..

I know OSG has forgiven you.. for your words.. she did to keep the peace.
She is kind hearted..

Doesn't make you any less a fool.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499389 Mar 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pre-determined? Like robots eh?
So because humans can choose to adapt a religion/culture, to you that's a bad thing?
Was it enculturation that made you into an atheist?
Afterall...Atheism can be argued, is a culture:
http://www.catholic-church.org/church-unity/a...
Many sects of Buddhism are Athiestic for instance.
Wow. I really don't think it's possible to get my explanation any more incorrect. I'll try simplifying:

1. everyone is encultured
2. no one is not encultured
3. it's not possible to not be encultured (unless you'r a robot)
4. No, don't ask me stupid questions here, just re-read 1-3 until you get them.

5. Yes, atheism is a learned way of seeing the world. It's not quite the same as religion, but it involves trying out "ways of being not-religious" - all unconsciously - and seeing if they work for you.

I could go into great detail here, but every single post of yours gets what I write wildly wrong. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and it seems we cannot move beyond little, so I will simply stop at "yes, all people's lived realities are subjective."

The lives of atheists' too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#499390 Mar 6, 2013
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ born of God and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.This is how we know that we love the children of God;by loving God and carring out his commandments.This is love for God;to obey his commandments.And his commandments are not burdensome for every one born of God overcomes the world.This is the victory that has overcome the world even our faith.Who is it that overcomes the world.Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499391 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
CONT...
In these eleven verses, Satanís true colors are revealed. His purpose is to harm all people. If he could, he would kill every person that has ever lived or ever will live. He would then take humanity straight to hell. But, of course, he canít because God has limited his authority and is sovereign over him. As Martin Luther, the great reformer, said,ďEven the devil is Godís devil.Ē We donít have to fear him. God has given Satan the power that he possesses.
2. God wants to humble mankind (9:12-21).
1. Do you really, really believe in Satan? It's just a metaphor for "bad."

2. Any perfectly omniscient and omnipotent deity who Creates humankind and then "wants to humble" them is quite clearly not all-loving or perfect.

That's an "oops, I created an arrogant humankind in my image. My bad. Now I will humble them,'cause I'm too insecure to deal with their awesomeness."

I seriously don't understand why you guys believe all the incompatible stuff you do.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499392 Mar 6, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You too Granny. Started a new job today and have to go to be much sooner now. Glory to God. So thankful to be able to say hi. God knows.
Praise God for you Chris -- a new job -that is wonderful. They are so hard to come by these days and I do know the struggle for you.

In reading between the lines here I will ask God for an extra measure of blessings for you my friend -- I'm confident He does know our hearts and will meet those needs.

So glad to hear from you -- TLC - Granny

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499393 Mar 6, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you rebuke Qu as you did OSG, here on this thread, for
being divorced and remarried.. you are just a simpleton- a
fool and of course, a hypocrite..
I know OSG has forgiven you.. for your words.. she did to keep the peace.
She is kind hearted..
Doesn't make you any less a fool.
Oh my, I see my name within --

Actually I have my dear friend Drew to thank for helping me to understand the passages of adultry in this particular situation. Through Gods grace.

Denominations see and view this subject differently and they are entitled to their perspective. I trust and believe as Drew does. I choose not to pass judgement or hold grudges and if I recall I did ask Scott how he viewed my marriage, and he responded with his belief.

I'm firm in my faith -- and I love you all. Especially both of you.

TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499394 Mar 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ born of God and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.This is how we know that we love the children of God;by loving God and carring out his commandments.This is love for God;to obey his commandments.And his commandments are not burdensome for every one born of God overcomes the world.This is the victory that has overcome the world even our faith.Who is it that overcomes the world.Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
Golden words for a Golden thread -- GOoD to see you my sweet friend -- and I enjoyed this post --

TLC Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499395 Mar 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.trekearth.com/galle ry/Europe/Ireland////photo1407 699.htm Through Him ALL THINGS WERE MADE. And without Him was there not ANYTHING made that was made: John 1-3
More golden words for this golden thread --

Beautiful Beautiful TLC Granns

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499396 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Judy :-)
Hi, do I know you under another name? Or are we meeting for the first time? Either way -- GOoD evening to you -- I look forward to getting to know you better if I don't already lol -- TLC Judy
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499397 Mar 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning HFN.....
Love that....Thanks....
2Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.Ē
Hey Epiphany,

You are welcome.

Yes they did not rely on God.

2Chronicles 16:7 ∂And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.
8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.
9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499398 Mar 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.trekearth.com/galle ry/Europe/Ireland////photo1407 699.htm Through Him ALL THINGS WERE MADE. And without Him was there not ANYTHING made that was made: John 1-3
Wow I encourage everyone to click on the link -- Beautiful picture -- thank you for sharing Doc

TLC Granns

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#499399 Mar 6, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Golden words for a Golden thread -- GOoD to see you my sweet friend -- and I enjoyed this post --
TLC Jute
Good Evening Jute;
Hope all in your family are doin well.I see tonight by the news the east has gotten hammered with the winter wonderland of snow.
Yes,God is bringing those to this thread who are asking,seeking and knocking for the living word.For all things there is a reason,a time,a place and a season.Only thru patients and love and given wisdom can we do the walk mapped out for us in life.Have a good evening.God bless you always loveya lil whispers.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499400 Mar 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearwater is the guy who says his wife was a lesbian but their god cured her. And he was "on the path" to homosexuality but barely escaped.
I haven't white-sheeted him because he's so, so weird that I may want to address him further.
He's also a fierce right-winger, posts on the Bush Is a Hero thread. Bunch of loons over there too.
Iím sorry Catcher but you would be doing a whole lot better if you were even half the man Chris is. I am so thankful for God leading these Christian men to follower Him.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499401 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Epiphany,
You are welcome.
Yes they did not rely on God.
2Chronicles 16:7 ∂And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.
8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.
9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
How wonderful to see another flash from the past lol -- GOoD to see you HFN -- just about time for me to turn in, just wanted to jump in with a howdy --

TLC - OSG

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499402 Mar 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Evening Jute;
Hope all in your family are doin well.I see tonight by the news the east has gotten hammered with the winter wonderland of snow.
Yes,God is bringing those to this thread who are asking,seeking and knocking for the living word.For all things there is a reason,a time,a place and a season.Only thru patients and love and given wisdom can we do the walk mapped out for us in life.Have a good evening.God bless you always loveya lil whispers.
Once again the heavy snow missed us here, Chicago to the East coast got it hard.

I'm happy to get to drive on dry roads early morning - got a couple hundred mile transport ahead of me, so I"m goona have to turn in here shortly.

Again a great post Whispers -- Heres to The Lords perfect timing is all things -- TLC - Jute

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Dave Nelson 228,572
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,831
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Robert F 545,068
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Pegasus 260,192
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min bacon hater 95,758
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Get a Clue 118,287
What Does America Owe Rush Limbaugh? 1 hr Ed Teach 6
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr sandeeprajj 978
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr mdbuilder 174,202

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE