Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#499393 Mar 6, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you rebuke Qu as you did OSG, here on this thread, for
being divorced and remarried.. you are just a simpleton- a
fool and of course, a hypocrite..
I know OSG has forgiven you.. for your words.. she did to keep the peace.
She is kind hearted..
Doesn't make you any less a fool.
Oh my, I see my name within --

Actually I have my dear friend Drew to thank for helping me to understand the passages of adultry in this particular situation. Through Gods grace.

Denominations see and view this subject differently and they are entitled to their perspective. I trust and believe as Drew does. I choose not to pass judgement or hold grudges and if I recall I did ask Scott how he viewed my marriage, and he responded with his belief.

I'm firm in my faith -- and I love you all. Especially both of you.

TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499394 Mar 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ born of God and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.This is how we know that we love the children of God;by loving God and carring out his commandments.This is love for God;to obey his commandments.And his commandments are not burdensome for every one born of God overcomes the world.This is the victory that has overcome the world even our faith.Who is it that overcomes the world.Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
Golden words for a Golden thread -- GOoD to see you my sweet friend -- and I enjoyed this post --

TLC Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499395 Mar 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.trekearth.com/galle ry/Europe/Ireland////photo1407 699.htm Through Him ALL THINGS WERE MADE. And without Him was there not ANYTHING made that was made: John 1-3
More golden words for this golden thread --

Beautiful Beautiful TLC Granns

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499396 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Judy :-)
Hi, do I know you under another name? Or are we meeting for the first time? Either way -- GOoD evening to you -- I look forward to getting to know you better if I don't already lol -- TLC Judy
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499397 Mar 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning HFN.....
Love that....Thanks....
2Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.Ē
Hey Epiphany,

You are welcome.

Yes they did not rely on God.

2Chronicles 16:7 ∂And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.
8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.
9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499398 Mar 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.trekearth.com/galle ry/Europe/Ireland////photo1407 699.htm Through Him ALL THINGS WERE MADE. And without Him was there not ANYTHING made that was made: John 1-3
Wow I encourage everyone to click on the link -- Beautiful picture -- thank you for sharing Doc

TLC Granns

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#499399 Mar 6, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Golden words for a Golden thread -- GOoD to see you my sweet friend -- and I enjoyed this post --
TLC Jute
Good Evening Jute;
Hope all in your family are doin well.I see tonight by the news the east has gotten hammered with the winter wonderland of snow.
Yes,God is bringing those to this thread who are asking,seeking and knocking for the living word.For all things there is a reason,a time,a place and a season.Only thru patients and love and given wisdom can we do the walk mapped out for us in life.Have a good evening.God bless you always loveya lil whispers.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499400 Mar 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearwater is the guy who says his wife was a lesbian but their god cured her. And he was "on the path" to homosexuality but barely escaped.
I haven't white-sheeted him because he's so, so weird that I may want to address him further.
He's also a fierce right-winger, posts on the Bush Is a Hero thread. Bunch of loons over there too.
Iím sorry Catcher but you would be doing a whole lot better if you were even half the man Chris is. I am so thankful for God leading these Christian men to follower Him.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499401 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Epiphany,
You are welcome.
Yes they did not rely on God.
2Chronicles 16:7 ∂And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.
8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.
9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
How wonderful to see another flash from the past lol -- GOoD to see you HFN -- just about time for me to turn in, just wanted to jump in with a howdy --

TLC - OSG

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499402 Mar 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Evening Jute;
Hope all in your family are doin well.I see tonight by the news the east has gotten hammered with the winter wonderland of snow.
Yes,God is bringing those to this thread who are asking,seeking and knocking for the living word.For all things there is a reason,a time,a place and a season.Only thru patients and love and given wisdom can we do the walk mapped out for us in life.Have a good evening.God bless you always loveya lil whispers.
Once again the heavy snow missed us here, Chicago to the East coast got it hard.

I'm happy to get to drive on dry roads early morning - got a couple hundred mile transport ahead of me, so I"m goona have to turn in here shortly.

Again a great post Whispers -- Heres to The Lords perfect timing is all things -- TLC - Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#499403 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím sorry Catcher but you would be doing a whole lot better if you were even half the man Chris is. I am so thankful for God leading these Christian men to follower Him.
I've known Chris a long time, he is GOoD man and Godly in his ways -- we are all human and fall short but when we do the best we can that is what God asks for -- and I agree with you about Chris 100 per cent.

TLC OSG

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#499404 Mar 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Clearwater is the guy who says his wife was a lesbian but their god cured her. And he was "on the path" to homosexuality but barely escaped.
I haven't white-sheeted him because he's so, so weird that I may want to address him further.
He's also a fierce right-winger, posts on the Bush Is a Hero thread. Bunch of loons over there too.
He makes me very sad.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499405 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no, that post was just a joke reply to a joke post. People with halitosis still get laid - hence the invention of duct-tape :)
I'm not tolerant of views that decrease one's enjoyment and fulfillment out of life, especially when those are based on ill-conceived social pressure designed around religious manipulation.
However, if you both promoted celibacy as a means to spiritual fullness while standing up for sex education that doesn't rely on abstinence but is honest, lacking manipulative intent, then I would entirely support you.
The Christian religion dominates in Western politics and attempts to do so in Western education. It forces its views on the world through economic and foreign policies - Bush was able to, for example, force nations to adopt abstinence only policies to fight HIV/AIDS thereby resulting in a increase of the disease. That's the opposite of useful. In America, abstinence only education policies promote childhood pregnancies, while Christian sexual morality leads people to stop HPV vaccinations for young women, thereby enabling the disease at high levels.
I'm sure any religion with similar machinations on sex would have similar outcomes - when society makes sex dirty and sinful while simultaneously prevents knowledge about safe sex practices and restricts technologies to implement them, the result is disrupted family lives and increased disease burden. Those are preventable through education, honesty and the removal of ritual impurities surrounding sex - there's no excuse, none whatsoever, for societies to act so ignorantly.
The simple cure for all those diseases and to keep from getting pregnant when you didnít want to is to, until you are married, keep the pants zipped and legs closed.

Simple and effective. But heaven forbid someone should deny themselves and do the right thing.

This world is going to hell in a hand basket and if anyone wants to see why all they have to do is read posts from people who think like you do. No itís not the Christians that are causing all the problems, itís non Christians like you. Not all non Christians just some. There are bad ones on both sides of the so called fence.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499406 Mar 6, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
How wonderful to see another flash from the past lol -- GOoD to see you HFN -- just about time for me to turn in, just wanted to jump in with a howdy --
TLC - OSG
Hey OSG,
So good to see you too Lady. I hope you can stop back in. I miss reading your posts.
HFN

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#499407 Mar 6, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He makes me very sad.
You feel sorry for him?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#499408 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Wow. I really don't think it's possible to get my explanation any more incorrect. I'll try simplifying:
1. everyone is encultured
2. no one is not encultured
3. it's not possible to not be encultured (unless you'r a robot)
4. No, don't ask me stupid questions here, just re-read 1-3 until you get them.
5. Yes, atheism is a learned way of seeing the world. It's not quite the same as religion, but it involves trying out "ways of being not-religious" - all unconsciously - and seeing if they work for you.
I could go into great detail here, but every single post of yours gets what I write wildly wrong. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and it seems we cannot move beyond little, so I will simply stop at "yes, all people's lived realities are subjective."
The lives of atheists' too.
Should we all chip in to buy him some Velcro shoes?

I think that would be really nice.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#499409 Mar 6, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known Chris a long time, he is GOoD man and Godly in his ways -- we are all human and fall short but when we do the best we can that is what God asks for -- and I agree with you about Chris 100 per cent.
TLC OSG
Exactly OSG, we are to try.
:)
HFN

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#499410 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple cure for all those diseases and to keep from getting pregnant when you didnít want to is to, until you are married, keep the pants zipped and legs closed.
Simple and effective. But heaven forbid someone should deny themselves and do the right thing.
This world is going to hell in a hand basket and if anyone wants to see why all they have to do is read posts from people who think like you do. No itís not the Christians that are causing all the problems, itís non Christians like you. Not all non Christians just some. There are bad ones on both sides of the so called fence.
HFN
Nah, that's not a sure fire solution.

It's possible to have sex with legs closed. Even the lady's legs.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#499411 Mar 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ born of God and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.This is how we know that we love the children of God;by loving God and carring out his commandments.This is love for God;to obey his commandments.And his commandments are not burdensome for every one born of God overcomes the world.This is the victory that has overcome the world even our faith.Who is it that overcomes the world.Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
Continued.

This is the one who came by water and blood.Jesus Christ.He did not come by water only but by water and blood.And it is the spirit who testifies because the spirit is the truth.

For there are three that testify the spirit the water and the blood and the three are in agreement.

We accept man's testimony but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God which he has given about his son.

Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar,because he does not believe the testimony of God has given about his Son.

And this is the testimony:God has given us eternal life and his life is in his Son.

He who has the Son has life;he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#499412 Mar 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
HFN
Yes , this is very true. The generations coming in, and their generations , and theirs, I feel for the ones that do not know Jesus Christ.

The ones that know Jesus Christ at that time, have a tougher road, than WE do now. We have to keep Jesus in the front at all times! and so to 'carry on His Name'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 837,353
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min YellowStar 271,279
bless the jews (Nov '08) 8 min blessed 7,187
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 13 min ganesh 1,429
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Clearwater 176,831
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min kent 589,481
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 52 min lucky 86
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,160
More from around the web