Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Trifecta. Sometimes, I think that Christians worship their version of the Bible way more than they rest in the freedom of Christ. Or, maybe they dont know the difference. I didn't understand that for a long time and I use to Bible beat people like they are doing now. Bible not needed to draw people to Christ. It is intended for growth in a Christian but salvation comes through Christ alone. I use Bible verses against hypocricy because they use it to hurt and condemn people. They claim they STAND on the word of God but their actions prove just the opposite. God Bless You Trifecta
God bless you to, and agree with everything you say.

And for a long time I never understand it either reason I did shun Christianity. I use to think is just a whole bunch of rules and a list.

The bible needed, but if people would only show the love of Jesus more instead of beating up people with a religious book, things would be a lot better.

That why Jesus say love God, and love you neighbor. That the point of the whole law. But no make no sense beating down people with the burden of the law and not show love. That why Jesus treat the pharisees and the scribes so bad. Because they use the law as a weapon and no show love.

When people practice Christianity primarily through the eyes of Jesus Christ, and not through the eyes of a religion and a religious book, then that we need. That how Christianity different then Islam.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah!
Free legal advice?!?
You get what you pay for.

If you DO screw up, I know my way around Riverside County Superior Court--not the best place for a criminal defendant.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us don't need this sort of crutch.
We have the strength and the inclination to carry on living, in reliance on our own resources.
No gods required.
Well put.

It's interesting when people think that because they find life awful or unbearable for whatever reason less than idyllic, it must be that way for all others, too.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
At least you're the only one that had the guts to answer my question. All the others of the 'Free Thinkers' Society aka The Othersiders cower away.
Did you ask a question? Oh.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
SLOWLY I TURNED....Step by Step...Inch by Inch
:-)
It was in Niagara Falls. Niagara falls! Soitenly! Nyuk nyuk nyuk!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
Some people do horrible things? Some? Try most girly and it's only getting worse, not better.
There's that Christian optimism again.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You get what you pay for.
If you DO screw up, I know my way around Riverside County Superior Court--not the best place for a criminal defendant.
I've never been there as a defendant. I'm smarter than that.

I do my crimes in Orange County.

>:)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask a question? Oh.
hahaaa...

Maybe I missed "the question", too.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well put.
It's interesting when people think that because they find life awful or unbearable for whatever reason less than idyllic, it must be that way for all others, too.
It's a projection thing.

My advice on stuff like that is to just ignore it & hope they'll learn someday.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
I must be missing something here...IANS claims you claimed he was obsessed. Your post claims that he's obsessed. How exactly is IANS mistaken here?
Thanks.

I loved your post to Adam: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is hating though Epi?
I see the Qu's the C-S's the tri-whatever's hating.
All in the name of your God..
Who in your opinion is hating here?
Again- it's not personal what those that don't believe
in Christ believe.. Or it shouldn't be.
God doesn't need our defending.. People need our Love.
Again I ask you- is Christianity really this weak??
Yes, though the question wasn't directed to me, I would say yes in some sense, Christianity is weak. Are we leaders, or forever followers, being swayed and blown to and fro by every wind of doctrine and breath from lips that speak sweat words with Lawless intent?

Aside from all the varying beliefs systems within it ranging from trinitarian, to Jesus only, to OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved), to Jesus being divine to him not being divine, to Law vs Grace throgh Faith only...but aside from all these things, they don't stand on common ground against variances, deviances and evil. Some among the many decide to water down the doctrine to appease others while some add and take away from scripture offering very dubious interpretations.

If I didn't know better Ms. Le, I would think what you're saying is that a blind eye should be turned to evil, pretending they're not there and just give love. Yes, scripture says Love your Enemy, which is True, but did it say you should Love what your enemy does? Does it say you should love a pagan and abstain from teaching him the righteous way that he may be saved?

You should understand this Ms. Le, that teaching what scripture says absent parsing will offend those that do not respect or abide by its precepts. There is hardy a way you can ask a heathen to change without them feeling offended, even if but in secret so you are unawares of their feelings. Yes, Yahweh doesn't need our defending, what needs defending is (a) Why we believe (b) What we believe (c) And honor our hard (Earned in Blood) gift of salvation. He has suffered too much for us just to see us take his words for naught and to make excuses for it.

I am not teaching nor am I advocating violence against them, but when the day they decide to take believers serious is the day when believers stand at one accord. And even with this few in this thread, it is apparent that this won't be possible, so they're allowed to get away with murder, because our linked fence is weak and broken down in certain sections. Then may as well there be no fence, for it the Law judges and shows who stands for the right and those for the wrong, then apparently among believers and no believers alike, there is no respect for the Law.

We should best believe, that even if we sit idly by and do nothing or say nothing, that The Almighty Father will one Great Yom (day) stand for His name, and whether we like it or not, that day when it comes shall not be one of cotton candy and teddy bears.

Counter_Strike: When do people, believers stand up and be counted? When will they say no more to being used as door mats where boots walking in $h!t and p!$$ whipe all over us. When do we value the price that we were baught and paid for.[Earned in Blood: Quo Vadis]

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well put.
Yes.

Just as a drunken person who needs a lamppost to lean on, can't understand how others can walk along the sidewalk without assistance.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Is stupidity your first?
Yeah, sure. A ham a-sammich.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, though the question wasn't directed to me, I would say yes in some sense, Christianity is weak. Are we leaders, or forever followers, being swayed and blown to and fro by every wind of doctrine and breath from lips that speak sweat words with Lawless intent?
You are forever a follower if you trust in Jesus, and a leader if you do not, and feel the need to usurp God's role.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So I suppose you would also say if you were married and spend intimate time with another man or woman is also not a moral issue? Your opinion of a particular things is just that, an opinion. It doesn't make it fact. Same sex intimate relations is a moral issue whether you like it or love it. Now we can lay this portion of the conversation to rest. Now I would sincerely love to hear you raise argument about the Topic of this thread. I mean, it is what you're hear for isn't it, to comment on the topic of this thread?
CS.
Your opinion of a particular thing is just that, an opinion.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
I am beginning to see that this reward is self based- soley
100% based on self love.
This group of believers display their desire to be in Heaven with God.
Their action's and word's are based on their selfish need to be
"safe"..To reap the "benefits" of their militant stance for God
(in the here and now),
in the after life.
They dream of streets of gold, for themselves.
That's quite insightful, Le_Le.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Wow. You guys can't even deal with Believers being happy without whining about it. That's a bit sad.
Sora

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Sora,
Pleased to read your post. I agree with what you are saying. We are all humans and nobody should ever say hurtful things in the Name of God or Christianity. Right or wrong, Nothing or nobody should be judged and instead they should be shown Love. It seems that some Christians forget what they themselves do and that had it Not been for Jesus, We all would still be lost souls. Some seem to take a few verses that speak of something that will condemn others while ignoring the majority of verses that tell us that nobody is any better than the other. I will continue to spread the scriptures of Love, peace and hope toward all mankind and let God judge us all in the end. Thank you for apologizing on behalf of the Christians, I stand with you on this. You have a loving heart.
Bonjour Madame Walker, indeed this is so. God judges the hearts of people, and we should not bbut there are many that do. Many in our faith and those of other faiths as well. In regards to the verses it is nothing more than cherry-picking it is shameful to do. Seraphine and I spoke with an agnostic not too long ago, he needed help and so we offered it with no questions asked. Our Christian faith to us is something that one does not pick up and put off, we are meant to be like Christ. Look at the entymology of the word :) what we find sad is that we do not see more Christians apologizing for their behavior, it takes two to tango I believe the saying goes but I am merely giving my opinion, treat others as you yourself would wish to be treated. Thank you for your understanding Madame Walker. In regards to apologies we give them often because we are saddened by the history of the Christian faith. There is so much good in it and we prefer to focus on that. We feel that a true Christian has no need to say it, they show it through their actions and behaviors toward others and by the spiritual fruits they cultivate. However, this again is my opinion.
Sora

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I suppose we will.
So nice to read your words.
Bonjour Madame Le_Le we just got back from our physical, all is well.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
Heterosexual Christians are being unbiblical by using the clobber passages as justification for applying absolute standards of morality to homosexual "sins" that they themselves are "not tempted to commit", while at the same time accepting for themselves a standard of relative morality for those sins listed in the clobber passages that they DO routinely commit.
How is that bibical? I am not a homosexual but my sins are in the SAME list, IN the SAME verse as homosexuality. WOE to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices -- mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law -- JUSTICE, MERCY and FAITHFULNESS. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.--Matthew 23:22-
Can you find yourself in these verses? If someone says NO they are a LIAR and the truth is NOT in them..
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, emulations, wraths, rivalries, dissensions, sects?????
I see Hatred. STRIFES. Wrath and especially Slanderers on just about EVERY post..I Do NOT condone Any sin but I am honest enough to say that I am listed in the above list also.
So Are YOU. We are to reach out in Love for Love covers a multitude of Sin.
Remember the Shabbat Yom to keep it holy. Should I make that the New clobber agenda or should I effectively put words to proper purpose and run down the list of the other Commands?

What say you?

I am no judge here, but you should know Ms. Walker, that we human beings, by our words and our deeds judge ourselves.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 480,101 - 480,120 of599,036
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

532 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min mdbuilder 172,198
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 256,355
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 9 min Uday 490
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessarily so 719,959
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Thamizhan 4,467
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 532,291
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min WasteWater 3,941
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••