“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#499263 Mar 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That what you write say perfectly I think about the OSAS movement:
[ What I said is that only people who try to obey the Law can be given Grace, but not the Lawless]
YES writer, that totally right. A person can't go say they saved and pursuing sin, practicing sin, live a lifestyle of sin.
A person must be trying to evade sin, abhor sin, run from sin, then they have grace. You put it a right way.
That Annie writer have a son that is a homosexual. I no know what her philosophy is. Sometime I see her write I think she is a Jesus Follower. other times I think she just religious, I not know.
But she worried for her son. She no want him to get treated bad because he a homosexual. As a mother, I no blame how she try and stand up for her son.
But as people of Faith/Christians/Jesus Followers, we have to call sin sin. We have to though search we heart to know what attitude we have when we call sin sin, Is it to just beat up the sinner?, or to let them know they can't feel comfortable in sin.
I know I walk fine line with that, but I see you try very hard to separate the sinner from the sin, and that good thing.
Thank you brother, but my effort is absent credit among many in this thread. Believe me, if there were an easier way to single out the devil himself separate and apart from the people he influences to indulge in sin, then I would, but it's super difficult to throw evil over the cliff when the person hugs it so tightly in love and commitment.

I do feel for Annie. I understand how she would be swayed on the homosexual agenda because her son has gone over to the other side. Most mothers would trade the entire world for their children, even their very own lives. This is noble and great love, yet it is also the easy way out from not trying to disappoint your child (children).

There are many out there who have friends and family members who are gay, and it doesn't make it easy on them either. Yet I have seen mothers also shield their mudering, rapist sons from the law and I have seen fathers bring a machette to school to harm the teacher all because the teacher punished the son that gave another student a black eye after also stealing the child's text book. Well, it is also a test for us, to see if we will give up salvation and turn our backs on the right just to protect those of us who are unwilling to change our ways.

Shalom Trifecta 1.

Andrew (CS).

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#499267 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
it seems to me
You have not own descency and be enough inteligent to get away from here all day rantings and posting same s...
what a hell going on with you f.....empty sick brains,provocking and insulting in return day by day same few christian and freacking immoral homosexuals atheists like you???
WHERE IS YOUR HONOR, OWN RESPECT,DESCENCY AND RESPECT OTHER BELIEFS?
Words fits you;
2 peter 2; 17
these are wells without water,clouds that are carried with a tempest;to whom the mist of darkness is reserved forewer
18/for whom they speak great sweeling words of vanity;
THEY ALLURE TO THE THROUGH THE LUSTS OF THE FLEASH(homsexxualism)
THROUGH MUCH VENTOMNESS THOSE THAT WERE CLEAN ESCAPED FROM THEM WHO LIVE IN ERROR?
SESH ABOMINABLE LOST STINKING SOCIETY OF TROLLS
I wonder what he was like before the meds?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#499268 Mar 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Nitpicking? Why do so few of you Christians
Yep. You don't listen. No point in saying anything more to you.
Lost In Transition

United States

#499270 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. It doesn't take courage to remain a virgin.
It takes not having a sex drive, ignoring your desires and watching time slip by, not exploring your relationships fully because you're afraid of human contact, religious fervor shared by your significant other (and not shared by your religious leaders), or embodying guilt to an amazing degree.
You forgot lots of red fingernail polish and a good imagination.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#499271 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
keep Gal 5;22-24 in practice in your life,
and not worry about upseting of someone
clean your filthy mouth full of breakfast sperm, practice holy life according to Gal 5;22-24
and get a f....away from my face,what makes me upset or not there is not your filthy immoral wicked business of demented homsexual insulting God since internet exist
f.....you and your abominable advices?
Clean *my* filthy mouth you say?
Doctor REALITY

Wynne, AR

#499275 Mar 6, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/tsa-rules-knives-draw-f... This was just REAL stupid on the part of the TSA. There's just no other way to explain it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#499277 Mar 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the Shabbat Yom to keep it holy. Should I make that the New clobber agenda or should I effectively put words to proper purpose and run down the list of the other Commands?
What say you?
I am no judge here, but you should know Ms. Walker, that we human beings, by our words and our deeds judge ourselves.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
NO..By your WORDS you Judge everyone EXCEPT Yourself CS. Why should I care how many commands you want to run down? I Believe in the Gospel Of GRACE...remember? The Laws are for the unrighteous. The Law was given to show what sin is. Gal.3:24 tells me that ..So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. It done its job and lead me to Christ. And then Gal.3:25 tells me ..Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. When you are in Christ, The only Law I am under is to LOVE one another and that fulfills ALL the Law. Run your list of Laws until it leads you to Jesus Christ CS. Then you will be a mature Christian that No longer needs the milk of the word and you can move on to maturity IN Christ..
Lost In Transition

United States

#499278 Mar 6, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
You strain out a gnat but swallowed a camel.--Matthew 23:22-
Sounds like a lack of dietary fiber.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#499279 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
dr Shrink is worry about clients like you and their meds?not you as mentaly and spiritualy sick wicked poor miserable earthly thing(look like human)
always take them 3 times a day, and pray to be not more stupid as you are now?
understood foreign english?
OR REPEAT TO YOU 12 MORE TIMES TO YOUR SHRANKEN LITTLE PEANUT BRAIN

Make it 13 times.

<dr Shrink> "arf! ARF! arf!"

Easy...easy... good dr Shrink.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#499280 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
take hose from your back yard, deep inside of cow manure bucket ,open emty hole(mouth)release pressure and flush all abominable sperm from your hole without of natural teeths(mouth)
THAT IS WHAT I SAY
if you don't understand foreign english
next time I repeat 12 more times,or will speak to you punk"moon unicorn language"
You are so adorably crazy, Shrink. But please, do seek help, OK?
Doctor REALITY

Wynne, AR

#499281 Mar 6, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/arkansas-ban-abortion-1... Yeah,that's right,America,that's MY homestate lookin' out for the Lord's unborn babies!!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#499282 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
take hose from your back yard, deep inside of cow manure bucket ,open emty hole(mouth)release pressure and flush all abominable sperm from your hole without of natural teeths(mouth)
THAT IS WHAT I SAY
if you don't understand foreign english
next time I repeat 12 more times,or will speak to you punk"moon unicorn language"
"moon unicorn language" hahahaa Thanks for the belly laugh.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#499283 Mar 6, 2013
For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope( Grace) did; by the which we draw near unto God.(Heb. 7:19)

Dont you notice that the law is Opposite of drawing near to God?

Christ came to fulfill the Law in two ways

1) Christ, through his sinless life came to fulfill, or satisfy the righteous demands of the Law on Man's behalf. Christ came to fulfill and provide for Man what the Law demanded and promised but could not provide.

2) Christ, through His incarnation came to fulfill, or declare Himself the embodiment of the types and shadows of the Law as revealed in the Messianic prophecies concerning Him. He was in His person the fulfillment of each prophetic type, shadow, and promise of the coming Messiah (Jn. 4:25-26).

Christ came to fulfill and to provide righteousness for us. Christ became the Just and the Justifier of all those who believe in Him:

1) As the Just, Jesus is the only one who lived and met the standard of righteousness that the Law required.

2) As the Justifier, Jesus is the only one through whom righteousness can be imputed to those who put their trust in him (Acts 3:14; Rom. 3:26).

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#499284 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
There is no virtue in being a virgin on your wedding night. It's like waiting until after you are married to learn to cook.
Crap. I was and thankful that God has blessed me much since that time. Make no mistake, it would have been quite easy to go the worlds way and have sex, almost did. Do you know that most of your postings prove the very word of God true that you deny?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#499285 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
my heart have nothing to do with you and vomits flows from your heart,
and don't send any "thank you" if someone doesn't asked you to do this?
JUST SHUT UP MOUTHS ABOUT QUIRLS,AND FIND SOMETHING BENEFICIAL TO POSTS,
JUST SHUT UP OK?
My heart doesn't exist, for atheistis mind perverts, and spiritualy deadly sick psychopaths?
understood foreign english????
IF NOT I AM ABLE TO REPEAT 12 MORE TIMES?
Your kindness must be due to your faith shrinky...

I can only thank you for sharing a wee bit of that with me.

I now know and have seen what Jesus does in your life...

I am astonished.

I must ask though...are QUIRLS...squirrels with quills?

Not only are you a great spiritual leader shrinky...you are wealth of knowledge also.

Wiktionary says the Quirls (quirle) is the German word for (cooking) beater. Why would you not want me to talk about cooking beaters??? Is it the code name for something that I don't know about?

Quirl is always a great word to know.

Here is a new word for you shrinky dink...

...flibbertigibbet...

Hmmmm

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#499288 Mar 6, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap. I was and thankful that God has blessed me much since that time. Make no mistake, it would have been quite easy to go the worlds way and have sex, almost did. Do you know that most of your postings prove the very word of God true that you deny?
You almost went the world's way and had sex, was it with a guy?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#499290 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignoring? That's an assumption dearest. I know many people have different experiences and beliefs and I respect them and have never been against anyone for that. Prejudice is idiotic. We are not clones and are all different, I can only speak for myself in this but it does not mean that the beliefs of others go unnoticed. The only thing I will not tolerate is evil and its fruits, I have good reasons for that and I'm ok with it, as is the Sky, I asked him earlier <smirk>
Well, if you accept that their gods are real for them, no problem. It's just that your last post really didn't suggest that - but these posts are too small to encapsulate everything and sometimes you just want to get one idea across, so my mistake.

Uhm...why would anyone of us tolerate evil? Unless we were James Bond villains or something.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#499291 Mar 6, 2013
Good post!
How many things would begin to improve or heal tomorrow if the church went mute forever beginning tonight?
All of it?

Seriously, I think it's the first domino.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499292 Mar 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
and writer [hiding from you] I see you still talking about this enculturation. I will get to you later.
Don't bother. I'm apparently not smart enough to simplify the idea for you to understand it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#499295 Mar 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>[In fact, all peoples from non-Christian cultures who adopted Christianity changed Christianity to suit their culture]
[[[[
OK, based on what you say there...
Let me ask you this. In your understanding of enculturation, what would the Christian Religion have to accomplish in another culture, for you to say this is not the result on enculturation, but some other theory or a paradigm of an undiscovered source?
What?

All cultures are encultured, all religions are learned and practiced through the social. Recall that "culture" is a short-hand for an indeterminate set of shared, practiced ways of interacting with the world around us.

In the light of how humans work, your sentence is nonsensical. I'm not especially surprised.
Can you articulate a reasonable outcome to change your view of Christianity and enculturation?
Yes. If Christians grew clones with genetically programmed Christian brains, they would not be encultured, but predetermined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 261,689
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 548,738
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,804
Firma Ulus )) ULUS B0SCH Servisi (( 299 15 34 ... 7 min hangrup 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Dave Nelson 230,024
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 13 min ChromiuMan 5,471
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min Dr_Zorderz 4,781
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 19 min Dubai Massage 055... 118

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE