|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're into this sort of thing?
Sadly, it gets shoved on TV.... the whole flipping parade to!! But agree, the comment wow; and this sort of thing go, hand in hand, don't they?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got 2 prosimian trees. Don't really know why, don't much care for prosimians.
Except in cookies.
Are they trees? Didn't really bother looking it up 'cause guesswork, regardless of how many scientific names it is given, is still guesswork. We know they guess because of the many times they change their minds (different to admitting they were wrong) because their own science outsmarts them.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Are they trees? Didn't really bother looking it up 'cause guesswork, regardless of how many scientific names it is given, is still guesswork. We know they guess because of the many times they change their minds (different to admitting they were wrong) because their own science outsmarts them.

..?

......?..!

DAVE?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Welp... finally time to be heading out. Take care HFY, Tide, Illuminatrix, Pastor Catcher, G, Lawest, Serah, Tam, Christian Bahai's Sora/Sera, PW
... the viewership also.
One song and Audi..
You too Quin, I am up early but have an early start, Thursday morning :)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are also not Judge Appointie to question Quin christian?
he got more right,from you sending any questions to others???
YOU ARE SIMPLE POS,daily scumbag trolling around since internet exist
f....you
It's as if Jesus speaks through you. He must be so glad to have you represent everything that was so important to Him.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I think a person in a religion ties themselves to the religion, and anything pointed out about the religion they take very personally, and I understand that.
You've got to keep something in mind. When someone makes a statement such as: "Christianity has a record of being misogynistic!" That is true.
It may not be true in your experience, but it is a component of the religion. The same holds true for any religion. There are many components found in religion(S) that can be identified as detrimental, and to point those components out >whether you see them or not< is not bigotry.
As far as mocking deities, let them ask me for payment for any derision I level at them.
hahaa. I know you're thinking " OH BOY, you'll pay alright!"
That's your belief speaking.
No, I didn't think that at all ~ I thought, when you finally meet GOD you will know the feeling of love and humility that HE gives us, smack bang in the heart.

I would be gnashing my teeth already if I didn't know GOD, or I would be dead, because I would not have had the strength, nor the inclination, to have been able to carry on living.

GOD is my happiness ~ and the Blessings HE gives us are our reasons for living. It is my belief though, that hell is not knowing GOD, or worse, knowing GOD and not having the right to be able to communicate with HIM.

But, perhaps, when earth is wrecked according to the depths that man(kind) want to ruin it, earth will be renamed hell, because the way scientists have described it, earth is going to be one hot burning planet. And yet, as arrogance would have it, they are not doing one damned thing to prevent their own disastrous pathway; they are just ploughing through and over everything, demanding that we believe everything they say along the way.

They are just continually proving they are idiots, most of the time, that is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
G'nite from across the oceans!
>>>Serah<<<
U2 Sister Friend!
Good Morning 2U2 My Sister Friend; another grand day in the land of OZ :)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. Belief is belief whether it's positive or negative. Or you can use unbelief.
If I don't believe in unicorns I believe they don't exist.
I'm not trying to insult you or anything, it's just nice to have a discussion about something neutral and I'm rambling. Sorry.
I'm also sorry I was rude to you, it was uncalled for.
No worries, I didn't think you were being rude.

As far as belief, ultimately, that's all we have in anything. I certainly believe in skepticism. We believe in the veracity of facts, of our experiences, our intuition, etc. But that does not mean all belief is equivalent either. Belief in the fact that the Earth is larger than the moon, for example, is not equivalent to a small child's belief in the tooth fairy. There really are people who still believe the Earth is flat, and you better believe that I'm skeptical of their claims!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go to Mardi Gras.
Ahh, yes I forgot.
Just don't watch videos of Mardi Gras.
As if I would be going to the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras? I would rather weed my garden, even if it is not weedy, because it would be something I would much rather be doing. Or ironing, perhaps.

They are showing these on TV and promoting them all the time, and put photos in the papers. Would you like me to stop watching TV and reading the papers too?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Alright, had to come back to this.
Look here writer.
This the point of the whole old testament:
1.God's promise to Abram for him to be a father of a great nation and that his descendants be as the sand of the sea:
Genesis 22
I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies.
2.To bring forth a Messiah through that great people and to keep the Jews pure until Jesus arrive:
"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion (Israel)!
Behold, your King (Messiah) is coming to you;
He is just and having Salvation,
yet He is lowly
and riding on a donkey."
(Zechariah 9:9
3.for YHWH to show He is a Holy God and don't play with sin:
I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves about on the ground. I am the LORD who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy (Leviticus 11:44,45)
And they is other reasons, but them three main reasons.
So you can't separate the old testament Jehovah from new Testament Jesus Christ.
God had to do things to get his mission accomplished. You may no like them, I may no like some of them, but the old testament is what God use to accomplish what he want to.
So when you see people use the old testament and say that God is mean and bloody and a warmonger and they can't worship a God like that...they not looking at the big picture. They not looking at Jehovah's ultimate goal which was to bring forth the Messiah the Christ.
That why bible history no needed for a person to be a Jesus follower. Because Ultimately what important to God, was Jesus Christ birth death and resurrection.
And when that happen...the words of the bible, became life in Jesus Christ. It nice to have the bible, but the bible not needed. That why when Jesus was about to die Jesus say [IT IS FINISHED}Done. The words of the bible is made life and living in the believer now.
So when you see all these freethinkers come on here criticizing the bible about slavery and sexism and racism and murder...is because they can't see that God had a plan through history. And God just use history and life to get His plan done.
They spiritually blind. You may be blind to, because instead of seeing Jesus Christ, you seeing Religion, and a Religious book, the bible. that mistake. See the Christ.
Amen Trifecta. Sometimes, I think that Christians worship their version of the Bible way more than they rest in the freedom of Christ. Or, maybe they dont know the difference. I didn't understand that for a long time and I use to Bible beat people like they are doing now. Bible not needed to draw people to Christ. It is intended for growth in a Christian but salvation comes through Christ alone. I use Bible verses against hypocricy because they use it to hurt and condemn people. They claim they STAND on the word of God but their actions prove just the opposite. God Bless You Trifecta

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the story of the prodigal son...he returned...was welcomed with open arms???
I think the other side of that was how the brother that didn't leave reacted. He was angry...he felt cheated...he felt betrayed...
He questioned the actions of the father...
Hi Annie,
You made an excellent point. The "Older Brother Syndrome" is portrayed here more than the Prodical Son. The older brother was furious because the Father celebrated the sons return and instead of rejoicing his brothers return, he was pissed because He was "faithful" while the prodical went out and squandered away his inheritance. BUT the Father told the older brother..All I have is yours. He had no reason to be jealous over the return of his brother. I see more Christians portraying the Older Brother over lost brothers and sisters who come home to the Father. They act like they will be cheated if more come to know God because they have been good ALL this time. God has more than enough and wants everybody to come home to Him. I am sorry for the actions of my brothers and sisters who has mistreated anyone in anyway. For myself as well if I ever hurt you or anybody else. Peace and Grace to you Annie J

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, I didn't think you were being rude.
As far as belief, ultimately, that's all we have in anything. I certainly believe in skepticism. We believe in the veracity of facts, of our experiences, our intuition, etc. But that does not mean all belief is equivalent either. Belief in the fact that the Earth is larger than the moon, for example, is not equivalent to a small child's belief in the tooth fairy. There really are people who still believe the Earth is flat, and you better believe that I'm skeptical of their claims!:)
Cool, thanks :-)

No not at all equivalent. It's a very open term and as for the Earth being flat, well, I flat out don't believe that, I watch the NASA channel, looks spherical to me.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, I have a suggestion for you:
Don't commit a crime.
(Or, make sure you don't get caught.)
Woah!

Free legal advice?!?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
***** HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY RR ****
.. yes, sex is one of the leading causes of divorce, just ask Patricia ..
<< making RR sammiche >>
.. anyway, just wanted to let you know I missed you yesterday ..
<< eyes misting >>
.. and, congratulate you on the last night's successful sex orgy. Mrs. RR didn't knock on my door this morning. Thanks ..
Hey, don't cry on the sammich!

Thanks, we had a great day yesterday.

She was bummed that Aunt Flo picked that particular day to make an unannounced visit, so we stuck with oral & anal only (darn).

Then she took me to Red Lobster for lunch, then to Kohl's where she bought me $300 worth of new clothes, then over to a stereo shop to get a new stereo in my truck.

Then home, ordered pizza & wings, watched transformers, drank some beer and went to bed.

Great day!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
It kind of makes me sad... I guess because of my perspective. You have a good heart Tri :-)
it is sad. but what can you do on a discussion site? nothing. except state they error and leave the rest to YHWH.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>As if I would be going to the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras? I would rather weed my garden, even if it is not weedy, because it would be something I would much rather be doing. Or ironing, perhaps.
They are showing these on TV and promoting them all the time, and put photos in the papers. Would you like me to stop watching TV and reading the papers too?
I've been to Mardi Gras a few times. I never found it anything but a huge celebration comprised by many people, and of many elements.

I'm not doubting what you say you've seen on or at your local media outlets.

I've never seen anything in any of the media outlets here that I found that was inappropriate.

I dunno, maybe U.S media is more restrictive than there.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I would be gnashing my teeth already if I didn't know GOD, or I would be dead, because I would not have had the strength, nor the inclination, to have been able to carry on living.
Some of us don't need this sort of crutch.

We have the strength and the inclination to carry on living, in reliance on our own resources.

No gods required.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Trifecta. Sometimes, I think that Christians worship their version of the Bible way more than they rest in the freedom of Christ. Or, maybe they dont know the difference. I didn't understand that for a long time and I use to Bible beat people like they are doing now. Bible not needed to draw people to Christ. It is intended for growth in a Christian but salvation comes through Christ alone. I use Bible verses against hypocricy because they use it to hurt and condemn people. They claim they STAND on the word of God but their actions prove just the opposite. God Bless You Trifecta
God bless you to, and agree with everything you say.

And for a long time I never understand it either reason I did shun Christianity. I use to think is just a whole bunch of rules and a list.

The bible needed, but if people would only show the love of Jesus more instead of beating up people with a religious book, things would be a lot better.

That why Jesus say love God, and love you neighbor. That the point of the whole law. But no make no sense beating down people with the burden of the law and not show love. That why Jesus treat the pharisees and the scribes so bad. Because they use the law as a weapon and no show love.

When people practice Christianity primarily through the eyes of Jesus Christ, and not through the eyes of a religion and a religious book, then that we need. That how Christianity different then Islam.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah!
Free legal advice?!?
You get what you pay for.

If you DO screw up, I know my way around Riverside County Superior Court--not the best place for a criminal defendant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min River Tam 729,757
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min The Priest 536,914
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min AussieBobby 259,088
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 38 min shyam 957
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 39 min yon 2,162
Dirty skype (Dec '12) 57 min MozzieNP 70
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 59 min joonie parasite 117,748
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••