Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#499169 Mar 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, I don't believe you are saved or have the Holy Spirit... but another spirit. I'll just leave it at that.
And what gives you the authority to make such a judgement?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#499171 Mar 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Juice, but no can do.
I edit posts down to the relevant words that I am answering to make them easier to read and understand. Any time that you feel that you have been misrepresented, you are welcome to show how in the manner demonstrated above, with before and after citations.
But please include both. Your posting of just one of those two essential pieces and saying, "see, you misrepresented me" will be rejected as quickly as I did Dim's claim when posted only one of two allegedly contradictory comments and said "see, you lied." You saw how I inserted that crap back into his colon and kicked it up to his tonsils, didn't you? It seems so dishonest to me.
L u n a t i c... I'm backing away very slowly and will break into a run..........

San Francisco

#499174 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. You present as strongly believing there is no God. That is a belief, not religious but literal.
No, that is skepticism of a claim. Do you have a strong belief that there are no unicorns living on the moon? Do you have a belief that Santa Claus does not exist? In fact, do you have thousands upon thousands of beliefs in the non-existence of deities other than your own?

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#499175 Mar 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Why should Jesus love you?? Why wouldn't He?? Especially since He edured,and overcame,the Holy Cross of Calvary for every sinner who would ever live on earth?? Just keepin it REAL.
Heres a warm Michigan heart for you Doc --

TLC Granns

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#499177 Mar 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexual people can be wonderful parents, but it's not what God intended for his people.
Then your god is wrong. Wonderful parents should be parenting.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#499178 Mar 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I did....It was sort of "Good cop....Bad cop"
Or "Devil's advocate"....
You did a good job....It made everyone "sit up and notice"
Point made
:-)
I saw it much differently.

Whatever faith that JL or anyone else chooses is of no concern to me really. So if one changes faiths that is entirely their personal choice.

I have known Christians that have said they would not deny their faith...their God...even in the face of death. If that time came...whether they actually would or not is unknown.

I found it a bit strange...unsettling...that someone would "fake" denial to have a little fun...make a point...take stabs at someone who believes differently.

Maybe I found it disconcerting simply be cause when I made the choice to walk away from my faith I struggled with that. Many of us do...walking away from a belief system that had been such an integral part of my life.

I found it a little strange also that it seemed to upset me more than it did most Christians. There were only a few that questioned her about her "new beliefs".

I don't know Epi...I guess this is one of those things that we disagree on.

I do agree...she made a point...maybe just not the one that was intended.

Location hidden

#499179 Mar 6, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is skepticism of a claim. Do you have a strong belief that there are no unicorns living on the moon? Do you have a belief that Santa Claus does not exist? In fact, do you have thousands upon thousands of beliefs in the non-existence of deities other than your own?
Well no, if I did I would probably talk about it constantly. As people do when they strongly believe something.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#499180 Mar 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Aww Dar you paint the image of Johhny Depp as Jack Sparrow -- sure can't go wrong there --

GOoD afternoon to you -- TLC - OSG

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#499181 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually b/c you don't understand what I'm writing.
I am asking myself "why, Hiding, are you bothering? He doesn't understand?" And answering "no clue. This is kind of getting annoying. I don't think I can dumb it down further."
No, Mayan Christians are nothing like Muslims. Muslims, for one thing. aren't Christian. That should be your first clue. The second clue is that Mayans don't share anything approaching Indo-European culture. So...as Christians, they sacrifice chickens to God.
No, I don't expect you to understand how they experience God.
No, I am not calling Muslims Christians. I have no idea why you would ask that question. That's quite ridiculous.
No, I never said "Polynesians WERE practicing a form of Christianity." That's patently stupid. I would never claim such an absurdity. Clearly, you are incapable of understanding what I'm writing. Possibly the fault is mine, but I have my doubts.
I said "Christian Polynesians include ancestor worship in their rituals." Where, my good man, is a past tense grammatical point in that sentence? There's no "were" at all. When Polynesians adopted Christianity, they included their past rituals.
In fact, all peoples from non-Christian cultures who adopted Christianity changed Christianity to suit their culture. Because you have difficulties here, I want you to understand that I wrote "peoples" and not "people." The difference is extremely important.
I apologize that English is your second language and that this is difficult for you. I suggest you go slower, double check where you aren't clear on meanings. I'll treat you like a second language learner from now and and try very hard to be more patient.
[In fact, all peoples from non-Christian cultures who adopted Christianity changed Christianity to suit their culture]
[[[[

OK, based on what you say there...

Let me ask you this. In your understanding of enculturation, what would the Christian Religion have to accomplish in another culture, for you to say this is not the result on enculturation, but some other theory or a paradigm of an undiscovered source?

Can you articulate a reasonable outcome to change your view of Christianity and enculturation?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#499183 Mar 6, 2013
He winketh with his eyes,he speaketh with his feet,he teacheth with his fingers.

San Francisco

#499186 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, if I did I would probably talk about it constantly. As people do when they strongly believe something.
I feel like you are trying to reason your way somewhere, but I'm still not seeing where you are going. Talking about something equates to a positive belief? Huh?

San Francisco

#499187 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
get a f..... away from here and your s....posts,
repeated same without of end
Try you at first apply Gal 5;22-24
and stop immoral human filth,any homsexuality and eating man sperm on breakfast?
pfuj
Galatians 5:22-23 seems to upset you. I wonder why that is?

Fennario

#499188 Mar 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
And Juicy considers me obsessed.
Illuminatrix wrote:
That's not what I wrote. This is what I wrote..

Illuminatrix wrote: Well... no offence intended this time, but you do seem a little obsessed with the Church
Do we speak the same language or not? "A little obsessed" became "obsessed," and "seem[s]" became "considers." What's your objection to that?

As I have explained to RiversideRedneck, there are these things called declarative sentences wherein one can say what it is they are thinking clearly and explicitly. It is possible to construct sentences that say things like, "These are different in the following way ... yadda yadda."

Your posts are the equivalent of somebody just pointing and gaping. I have to guess why you think the differences between our comments are significant in any substantive way.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#499191 Mar 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rascal....You are a Christians...Right?
No, I'm only one Christian ;)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#499192 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you before you stupid little women
SHUT UP THIS BAMBLING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY ON THIS TOPIC,
take your son and yourselves to the clinic cure yourselves and son,and shut up this abominable posts,and homosexual orientation
JUST SHUT UP?
UNDERSTOOD FORIGN ENGLISH??????
OR REPEAT FEW MORE TIMES TO YOUR EMPTY HEAD WITHOUT OF ANY NORMAL BRAIN?
just SHUT UP
No can do shrinky...

I don't give in to bullies...or confused shrinks.

Thank you again however for reminding me...how much Jesus loves me. I am sure that he laid those words that you spoke to me in your heart.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#499193 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
again
Don't repeat milion times,that you walk away from your faith
Faith doesn'tneed you, and we don't needs your testimonies repeated 10000 times past 3 years
you walked away,you are on your own filthy moral road,and walk alone and be happy
just shut up,about your faith,homsexuality and sewer system low manure gossip?
More Jesus words...I am so glad that you are here in order to pass along the words that he wants me to hear.

You are doing great shrinky...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#499194 Mar 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
One of the questions people ask is, "Did Jesus exist?"
Well, let's think about that for a second. Why would most of the Jews (who don't believe in Jesus' Messiahship) admit to his existence though most of them dismiss Jesus' claims to be the Messiah?
At the very least they reluctantly admit to Jesus' existence. You would think that if they wanted to bring disrepute to Jesus that they would go along with the crowd and say that He didn't exist!
See, and that put unbelievers in a quandary that they try hard to get out of but can't.

Because you right, the Jews would be first to admit Jesus never exist. The Jews no do that. So that big affirmation that a person called Jesus Christ was on the earth.

So then they go think is a good chance what was written down about Jesus is true.

And that mean Jesus was either the Son of God as he say, or at least a Prophet as Islam say.

But Prophet can't raise themselves from the dead.

So unbelievers want to brush off Jesus Christ as some myth. But history make it hard for them. So they rather not talk about Jesus, that make them nervous. They rather talk about Christianity and the Church.

They rather talk about Religion.

Fennario

#499195 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Do you think the majority of the world is all rainbows and lollipops? Look how awful people are to each other.
All you see is the awful then, do you? I see more than that.

I'm looking at how the Christians here treat one another, and how the skeptics treat one another. Only part of that has been awful.

I think your religion's doctrine teaches you a very debilitating view of life. It's central message is that man is a failure and should submit to church dogctine. If one questions that, then he hears that he considers himself a god, he worships himself, he is a god-hating fool that can do no good, and that he is running from accountablity so that he can have sex with animals.

How can you be the best person possible burdened with that?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#499196 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
That's beautiful Andrew.

Thank you Ms. Matrix.
Illuminatrix wrote:
I agree and admire your direct approach.
This is very kind of you and I appreciate it. Well there one thing I can't be accused of, even if they prefer calling me a bigot, and that's a hypocrite, a snake and a coward.
Illuminatrix wrote:
I have left the church, I only attend small gatherings now, it seems the time has come upon us and that may very well be why the heathens rage.

Indeed, and very well said Ms. Matrix. You would be surprised how many these days are going back to the original Hebrew roots that were untainted and undiluted. The heathens will rage, and this will always be until the day the Savior returns, because they want what they want regardless of rules, regardless of Law.

Now the scripture below is very powerful and totally appropriate, not just for some of the Christians in here who parse the word but for the 'Othersiders' who wish to have their own way.

2 Timothy 3:3-7 (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Take careful note of verse 3 (without 'Natural Affection), verse 4 (lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;) and also verse 7.
Illuminatrix wrote:
I meant no offence to you....
No offense taken.
:)
Illuminatrix wrote:
and was merely trying to make a point as I noticed you are being more gentle and I wasn't sure if you were Jewish or not. Or if you would even address me.

There are times one must be gentle and a time one must lend rebuke.
I've replied to you once before a while back, but don't know if you ever saw it. In either case, I'm not Jewish, but I am Hebrew, believeing in both the Creator (Yahweh Elohiym) and His only begotten ben (Yahshuah ha Mashiach) who was the uultimate sacrifice for the sins of a generally unappreciative mankind, and he has risen, and shall return, not as Ha Mashiach (Savior or Messiah), but as Judge and King, and shall reign with His people for 100 years afterwhich the dead shall rise, will try to overthrow the city and they will be flung into the flaming abyss of spiritual deletion. No more pain for his people, no more tears, no more hunger, no more fear and no more death.
Illuminatrix wrote:
I am glad that you did and we believers do need to stick together now. You are spot on, subtlety and love does not achieve anything with some.
Yes we should stick together to see common purpose fulfilled; but sadly, the Christians (some of them) show they are so divided and splintered denominationally, that they squabble amongst each other and would cut each other asunder dfirst, lending indirect aid to the enemy. What a shambles.
Illuminatrix wrote:
Shalom to you Brother :-)
And shalom to you sister. Baruch be you who shall lift up Av Yahweh our Elohiym and proclaim His name upon the mountain tops.

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#499197 Mar 6, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel like you are trying to reason your way somewhere, but I'm still not seeing where you are going. Talking about something equates to a positive belief? Huh?
Not necessarily. Belief is belief whether it's positive or negative. Or you can use unbelief.

If I don't believe in unicorns I believe they don't exist.

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, it's just nice to have a discussion about something neutral and I'm rambling. Sorry.

I'm also sorry I was rude to you, it was uncalled for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Bongo 53,376
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min dollarsbill 693,593
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 46 min Hukt on Fonix 992,493
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 1 hr onemale1 3
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 1 hr Peter Ross 56
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,483
Can Chinese girls date foreign men? 2 hr Puttin Bro 2
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) Mon dirtyguy34 35
More from around the web