Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498956 Mar 6, 2013
What I actually wrote to Teddy, unedited;

<quoted text>
Illuminatrix wrote:
I would never hurt anyone in any real way! Gasp! I'd probably be burned as a heretic! I'm not exactly a 'normal' Christian... or so I'm told... why would you say such a thing O_O
<quoted text>

Please don't edit my posts Teddy.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#498957 Mar 6, 2013
I believe that if they are not able to bring the child into this world they should not be allow to have a chance to persuaade the child's over all view on their life. Because if they are raised by homosexuals parents they are more likely to become homosexuals themselves.
Adam

#498958 Mar 6, 2013
CHILDREN are conceived when sperm from a man and the ovum of a woman merge. Simple as that. Being gay is a choice therefore when you chose to be gay you also chose to give up the ability to create a life. Let children stay innocent. Don't infiltrate their pure little minds with your filth.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#498959 Mar 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
But they make sence. Yours doesn´t.
Obviously, your opinion makes little "sense", since, people are allowed to adopt children, and both heterosexual couples/parents, homosexual couples/parents, and single parents raise children all the time. It's all "natural".

Religious mythology or beliefs should never dictate what the values of a society are in any area.

You can try to cloak those religious values in what you term as "nature", or , "natural", but it doesn't work. It's a disingenuous tactic, and seen as such by society.

The more knowledge societies gain, the less relevant all of the various deity beliefs become.

That's what knowledge does, as it accumulates, the portions of knowledge that have no benefit are discarded, as it applies to being beneficial in that society, and on a larger scale, within civilization.

This is why you don't see engineers, scientists, methods of the application of knowledge or other areas of beneficial knowledge asking those of religion for their opinions concerning bridge construction, developing vaccines, what is the best avenue for treating mental illness, or how best to purify water, etc...

That's good.

If you want to retain your religious belief, do so.

Do not expect all others to embrace that belief as well.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#498960 Mar 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Adonis was worshiped in Greece as mainly a deity worshiped by the females, especially in festivals involving young, naked women in hedonistic rituals on the island of Lesbos, where of course, the word 'Lesbian' comes from.
"Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury ... Now think about it: that does not make sense!" If they are lesbians, they don't give a hooter about Adonis.

From http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103454/...

JOHNNY COCHRAN - Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

GERALD BROFLOVSKI - Damn it!... He's using the Chewbacca defense!

JOHNNY COCHRAN - Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.
Counter_Strike wrote:
O' how easily the truth finds it's way through the cracks in this world
You have a low opinion of women.

Fennario

#498961 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
bghwa ha ahaaaaaaaaa
You misspelled "bwa"?

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed thread. That does not make sense.

Fennario

#498962 Mar 6, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you kindly answer this post which I left you dr shrink?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Thank you.
I'm pretty sure that he did:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Adam

#498963 Mar 6, 2013
@Serah

I dedicate this one for you. AnnieJ has transgrseed all limits. At least you have a good music taste and you are I think you're beside Old school Granny the smartest woman on this thread.
Adam

#498964 Mar 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
since, people are allowed to adopt children, and both heterosexual couples/parents, homosexual couples/parents, and single parents raise children all the time. It's all "natural".
Religious mythology or beliefs should never dictate what the values of a society are in any area.
You can try to cloak those religious values in what you term as "nature", or , "natural", but it doesn't work. It's a disingenuous tactic, and seen as such by society.
The more knowledge societies gain, the less relevant all of the various deity beliefs become.
That's what knowledge does, as it accumulates, the portions of knowledge that have no benefit are discarded, as it applies to being beneficial in that society, and on a larger scale, within civilization.
This is why you don't see engineers, scientists, methods of the application of knowledge or other areas of beneficial knowledge asking those of religion for their opinions concerning bridge construction, developing vaccines, what is the best avenue for treating mental illness, or how best to purify water, etc...
That's good.
If you want to retain your religious belief, do so.
Do not expect all others to embrace that belief as well.
I don`t agree with it.

The child will be brought up in an unstable household. In our modern day society, bullying is more prominent and having a gay couple as parents will just make the child even more upset. Children who are young will not understand what is going on so they need to be brought with a women and a man not a man and man or women and women. That`s not God`s plan. Why do you think he gave Women the ability to bare children?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#498965 Mar 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don`t agree with it.
The child will be brought up in an unstable household. In our modern day society, bullying is more prominent and having a gay couple as parents will just make the child even more upset. Children who are young will not understand what is going on so they need to be brought with a women and a man not a man and man or women and women. That`s not God`s plan. Why do you think he gave Women the ability to bare children?
Who are you to declare that your deity belief decides what should be deemed acceptable, and that others should believe that too?
Adam

#498966 Mar 6, 2013
@Serah

Here´s another one.Don´t take this song personally. I just love it. It´s a refelex to our society.

Adam

#498967 Mar 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to declare that your deity belief decides what should be deemed acceptable, and that others should believe that too?
I am a voice that speaks through the world. But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world
Adam

#498968 Mar 6, 2013
I oppose to homosexual people being allowed to legally adopt children, because it puts them in an environment not intended by God.

I base my opinion on what I have read in the bible. In 1st Corinthians 6:9,10 the apostle Paul says that homosexuality "shall not inherit the kingdom of God." God created Adam and Eve, a man and a woman...not two women or two men. This is what God intended families to come from. Homosexual people can be wonderful parents, but it's not what God intended for his people.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#498969 Mar 6, 2013
GOoD

Morning....

“It doesn’t matter how long my hair is
or what color my skin is
or whether I’m a woman or a man.”

~ John Lennon

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#498970 Mar 6, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I pray that you will give me strength, wisdom, knowledge and a sensitivity to recognize the opportunities before me to tell others about you. I pray that I will have eyes to see and ears to hear your message and your whispers and a heart to feel the prompting of the Holy Spirit to speak, to act, to make a difference in the lives of others. Thank you, God, for all you have done for me and all you will do through me for your glory and honor. I praise you, for you are great and mighty. You are my God and Creator, my Father and Nurturer, my God who is always there loving me, guiding me, and protecting me. Thank you, in Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

Fennario

#498971 Mar 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
But, the term is capitalized on our currency, so...
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Is that right? The letter is a capital, but the word is not capitalized.
"Capitalize - to write or print with an initial capital or in capitals"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cap...
http://blog.higherthings.org/wcwirla/files/co...
http://alivewithchrist.com/wp-content/uploads...
Brother Lee Love wrote:
So, you're going to resort to nitpicking, now, huh?
Nitpicking? Why do so few of you Christians have any respect for accuracy or rigor in thought?

You had been posting on the difference between "god" and "God" - how much different one was than the other. Then you made the claim that the one on the currency was capitalized.

I agree that the people that put that on the money probably meant "God." But if so, they did so ambiguously using a font that is impossible to capitalize. You didn't understand that, I did, and I educated you on it. No biggie. It's de rigueur for this thread.

You made a claim that the word had been capitalized, and now you know better.

That's not nitpicking except to a mind with a small vista. You don't seem to have a proper respect for education or your teachers. My ethic is that one is grateful to one's teachers.

But you're a Christian, and obviously have a different ethic.

Fennario

#498972 Mar 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
On our currency, the term reads as "GOD". Who cares?
I thought you did.

Why did you bring up typographical details of the words if you didn't care about them? Now that you are shown to have been wrong, what do we see? "Nitpicking" and "Who cares"

Sorry, but that's a petty reaction. It's grade school.

I see so little to admire from most of the Christians here. What do you have to offer unbelievers to make us think you have anything of value at all? You don't know much, and you don't seem to care about knowing more or have respect knowledge for its own sake, as the infantile "nitpicking" and "Who cares"

You also made a snap judgment and a snide remark about me avoiding a post of yours, the reply to which you overlooked. Your response to that? "Egg on my face? Nah. Apparently, you're easy to overlook."

Where's your character? What are they building in those churches of yours? I think we have a better way: reason, rational skepticism, critical thinking, evidence based thinking, rational ethics, and dialectic. That method is generating intelligent and ethical people.

Your ways produce mush.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#498973 Mar 6, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23:6

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#498974 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
CONT...
No words could have, or did. I'm 34 now and 9 years ago, I met Christians, real ones. They're not big talkers but they are so different from anything I ever imagined people could be like. My husband, from whom I have been separated for almost 4 years now, is one of 7 kids in a Christian clan, he joined the Army out of high school and is no longer a Christian, he married an Atheist to rebel and in her curiosity about his gentle, peaceful family, she found God. He did not like this, and got 2 other women pregnant, not sure why he hasn't divorced me or why I haven't divorced him but I am considering it.
As painful as all of this was, God is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I'm Educated in Science, Languages and History, analytical, skeptical and sarcastic. I've done many studies, trying to talk my self out of this irrational faith I found myself developing. I've always despised religion and every evil it represented.
The very fact that I of all people, am now considered a Christian, not a label I chose but I do follow Jesus, is a genuine miracle in itself. I'm madly in love with Jesus and my faith saved me.
I'm content and at peace.
In short, God wanted me and He got me, forever and ever.
<3
Awesome JL......2 Cor 5:17...Therefore; If anyone is IN CHRIST he is a NEW creation...The OLD has gone...the NEW has come....
Adam

#498975 Mar 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
GOoD
Morning....
“It doesn’t matter how long my hair is
or what color my skin is
or whether I’m a woman or a man.”
~ John Lennon
Thought for the Day
I had forgotten you. You are also smart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min LAWEST100 653,858
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 63,632
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Annaleigh 106,488
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min trifecta1 973,735
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 27 min RUBY Abudhabi 6
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 59 min Pimpolunio Pou Pong 45,232
music lovers 2 hr Notiflow 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,846
More from around the web