Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#498934 Mar 6, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Love his stand up. Hate his TV show. It even made me depressed.
I haven't seen it.

I don't dig the hair helmet, but...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#498935 Mar 6, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I find this tormenting.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
can you educate them please?
Don't go to Mardi Gras.

Ahh, yes I forgot.

Just don't watch videos of Mardi Gras.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498936 Mar 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Was I wrong? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Should I have grouped you with the boys?
See, now here is your proof, you incompletely paste what I wrote, take it out of context and respond as though I've written something completely different. Then you wonder why people say you are dishonest and demand proof. We're supposed to look at you as an example of morality? I don't think so.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#498937 Mar 6, 2013
wilderide wrote:
And yet these are the same people who lecture that they have a monopoly on morality. Amazing.
Good morning, my friend.

I agree. They also claim monopolies on truth and spirituality. It's time to disabuse the world of those notions.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#498938 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Done. I'm off to my hunting trip then and will let you know when I get my prey.
Hunt well, hiding.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#498939 Mar 6, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I laugh every night. Where do you buy a patchwork suit like that?
At the Patchwork Suit and Paisley Emporium?

Fennario

#498940 Mar 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Then why are you on a thread for believers?
I don't know that this is a thread for any particular type of person, but I am here because I choose to be, and because Topix allows me to be.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I have not seen once where you have given proper reason for your unbelief
That is because there is nothing that would constitute a proper reason for unbelief in your religion. If I am mistaken, please tell me what it would be.

You comment is similar to one saying that they have never seen any evidence that their god doesn't exist. To them, I say the same: because you would accept none. That's true for you as well, is it not? Imagine that you are wrong and that your god doesn't exist. What evidence would indicate that to you? What evidence would you accept?

And if the answer is "none," then you have defined yourself as somebody whose mind is sealed shut.

Suppose we were created by a race of gods that appeared on earth tomorrow announcing themselves to us and proving that you are wrong. You would curl up in a ball on the ground, and from your fetal position, you would shout, "Get thee behind me, demons!" at them, wouldn't you? Wouldn't you? Yes, you would.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#498941 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
true Jesus worshipers never were called christians by their own Lord
name christianity pagan roman empire start used to fit their wicked pagan christianity 2000 years devil agendas,and political purpose
CS is follower of Jesus(in hebrew Yeho shu ah)
seems to me CS is True believer only with some few errors,but he is true follower of Jesus
but christians today with their christian names don't worship TRUE SAVIOUR
only god Mitrha pagan roman empire god who according to pagan legend born at december 24 from virgin womb of pagan women godes so called Immaculate
YOU AS WORLD CHRISTIAN WORSHIP pagan god devil
CS WORSHIP JEWISH YEHOSHUAH(english Jesus) AND HE IS TRUE BELIEVER
sorry my life divine experience of above 34 years allow me to tell this loud and everywhere
That´s true.The followers of Christ were called Mumins (believers).
Adam

#498942 Mar 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a victim, but not of us.
The church's days of determining what is wrong are numbered. Nobody but Christians care what Scary Chicken thinks about gays adopting or marrying. We don't care what Scary Chicken thinks about anything.
We don't care if Scary Chicken wants prayer in school. We don't care if Scary Chicken opposes embryonic stem cell research. We don't care if Scary Chicken supports or opposed reproductive freedom in women. And we don't care what Scary Chicken thinks about the theory of evolution or science in general.
Feel free to care yourself if that's what gives your life meaning and purpose. But please do so in private. We insist.
What a lost soul.

Fennario

#498943 Mar 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
I am the judge, the jury and executioner. Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.
Amazing.

I think that you just summarized our problem in your first sentence, and our reaction to it in the second.

Fennario

#498944 Mar 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
We don´t negotiate with sodomites.
Your honesty is refreshing.

Being a Golden Rule kind of a guy as you no doubt are, you won't mind if we humanists take a similar view regarding your church and its most hateful doctrines then, will you?
Adam

#498946 Mar 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what Adam said...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Gay child adoption is wrong. The victim, I fear will be us, sisters and brothers.
"Gay child adoption"...
Don't you think this is a bit snide on your part Serah...
"more or less experts in the field of gaiety"?
In one of your posts you defended Adam and CS being able to voice their opinion...would not the same apply to Wilder and I?
Are you "more or less the expert in the field of what people can talk about" in the opinion/discussion forum?
I didn't bring this subject up and I stayed out of it until some of your brothers and sisters started comparing them to pedophiles. So do you think they should be allowed to say whatever and no one object?
Adam continues to post about homosexuality. Is he too "more or less an expert in the field of gaiety"? What about Quin...is he "more or less an expert in the field of gaiety"?
I went back yesterday to see where this conversation started. It started with someone including gays in the same statement with bestiality, abominations, immoral...etc etc. One guess as to what side of the fence that person was on.
I didn't post about gay people for a couple of days...it continued with out me.
Sweetie.Try to walk in the shoes of those kids who were adopted by gay "parents" such like Elton John. Doesn't make any logical sense at all.

There is no logical reason for same sex couples to adopt kids. In nature babies and children are born and raised by two parents of separate gender, not two parents of the same gender. Also people using the everyone is equal argument makes no sense since it has nothing to do with being equal, only the logical order of a family structure. Many children with gay parents and some lesbian parents would be bullied relentlessly, even if society teaches children not to make fun of kids with gay parents Hell kids still bully other kids even though they're taught not to. Also if we get back to the logical side of things two males of the same species are not supposed to have a baby together. Why do you think males can't become pregnant from the same sex. The child would also grow up with out a real mother figure in it's life as well, which is not a good thing. So this pretty much sums up how I feel about gay adoption.

Fennario

#498947 Mar 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
http://www.godtube.com/watch/? v=09CFBFNU
Should we be sympathetic about this?

This man went to Iran to preach Jesus, and ended up in prison. Who could have seen that coming? Even the Christians on this thread understand that, which is probably why Serah suggested at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... that I go there to protest the hanging of gays.

Christians need to learn their place, which, like for the rest of us, is limited to where they and we are welcome. This man was deceived by his church, who made him believe that he would be watched over by some protective spirit that doesn't exist, and that he will be rewarded for his faithfulness after he is dead.

Now, he is alone except for the possibility of the State Department and Amnesty International. Pray all you want.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#498948 Mar 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie.Try to walk in the shoes of those kids who were adopted by gay "parents" such like Elton John. Doesn't make any logical sense at all.
There is no logical reason for same sex couples to adopt kids. In nature babies and children are born and raised by two parents of separate gender, not two parents of the same gender. Also people using the everyone is equal argument makes no sense since it has nothing to do with being equal, only the logical order of a family structure. Many children with gay parents and some lesbian parents would be bullied relentlessly, even if society teaches children not to make fun of kids with gay parents Hell kids still bully other kids even though they're taught not to. Also if we get back to the logical side of things two males of the same species are not supposed to have a baby together. Why do you think males can't become pregnant from the same sex. The child would also grow up with out a real mother figure in it's life as well, which is not a good thing. So this pretty much sums up how I feel about gay adoption.
Fortunately, your opinions in this matter are your opinions.

Fennario

#498949 Mar 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
You're starting to sound like a terrorist.
Do you hang out outside of abortion clinics?
Adam

#498950 Mar 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, your opinions in this matter are your opinions.
But they make sence. Yours doesn´t.
Adam

#498952 Mar 6, 2013
@AnnieJ

Sweetie.God says no.

God created us as man and woman, Adam and Eve. If we allow homosexuals to adopt children, we are going against God and his wish for us to be man and woman, not homosexuals. The topic I am talking about can bring much controversy, but I stand by my beliefs as a devout homophobe to prove how wrong you all are on this side.

Fennario

#498953 Mar 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I'm trying to be nice, so I'll just call you a pervert any way you want to spin it. Minority pervert, I don't think so. There's nothing special about your brand of perverse doctrine Sir False Prophet. Aye...and I'm being very kind towards you too.
Counter_Strike aka CS.
Your church just keeps churning out failed people, doesn't it?

I'd call putting up dead people on the wall pretty perverted:
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/anilah/anil...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#498954 Mar 6, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =98RECgRc5HAXX
I don't dig the hair helmet, but...
Countries that have tested the hair helmet for use during war and for protection have found they are worthless.

There was a variation on the hair helmet used in a variation of bungee jumping, in which people with massive amount of hair would arrange the hair into a large coif, and meant to absorb the impact of the jump, known as "spongee" jumping, it met with disastrous results and was quickly discarded as a bad, bad, bad idea.

Fennario

#498955 Mar 6, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
ye yea
we we
grosse interneto ortaliono pirdolnieto-plater ko a vio slo kufa faa maticzka
pul gluwek
Tenk you veddy much, Latka.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Into The Night 64,827
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Anthony MN 654,488
UNICORNS In the Bible 6 min Truthiness 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Gabriel 973,965
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min Dr Banonator 45,307
Looking For Elegant Watches, Luxury Watches or ... (Feb '09) 31 min krisjohns 2
luxury replica watches (Mar '11) 32 min krisjohns 62
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 281,957
More from around the web