“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#498816 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a point of interest, especially with convert testimonies, it's honouring God and can show how He works in people's lives. Not an easy thing to do...
You'd think it would be easy if you were honoring a deity rather than learning how to communicate through a shared belief system.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#498817 Mar 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
All GLORY goes to God....Right?
Bonsoir Epiphany...to no other but He who made us all in His image.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#498818 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Topix ate the first part of my post :'{
Quick! Does anyone know the Heimlich?!?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#498819 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Slept with about 100 women before my last wife. That ended pleasantly after 18 years. No regrets here. I look forward to the next 100 or 1...God can judge but no man has that right.
So...hey...how about that coffee?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#498820 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a rare gem my child. If you ever get like 'Dusty'(Et Al) I will fly to OZ and straighten you out.
LOL.. my child? That's strangely familiar....hmm...

Lol, ok, you are very welcome in OZ, it's pretty awesome, for one we don't have Wesboro 'Church' or anything like it and Christians don't bother picketing funerals and abortion clinics or gay events, Jesus weeps, what a bunch of losers.

If I lived there, I'd organise a picket to protest their protesting and throw tomatoes at them, then they'd be too busy cleaning their clothes to bother carrying on like that in public, or they'd shoot me, lunatics.

Have you seen Red State? One messed up story.
:-)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#498821 Mar 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The simple answer is because pre-marital sex is part of fornications, which is sin.
Why is it a part of the fornications, which is sin? Why is fornication sins?
A person who genuinely trust Christ as their Savior is suppose to honor God in their bodies especially.
Some religions see sex as honoring their deities.
Call it a protocol, or just plain obedience to the Lord... it is a process which we call sanctification.
If you have the time or care to know more: I Corinthians 6:12-20
So...you've just been told that's how it works and you believe it?

Not trying to be insulting. Does sex feel sinful to you? And, if so, is that because it's a pleasurable thing - does Christianity limit the pleasurable parts of life so that it increases control over the believer?

Maybe these aren't questions for you, since you're a believer.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#498822 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to define fornication.
You can't even define what "marriage" is based on the Bible.
Did you know there are no marriage vows in the Bible ?
If you are going to invent your own deifinitions then you have no one to talk to but yourself.
C'mon! You're just cranky cause he told you to be careful of STDs... big baby... what did God, then Moses then Jesus say Mr. Believer?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#498823 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Paul said so, the Catholic Church said so and the Protestant churchs said so.
The OT, esp. Song of Songs tells a much different story about God's view on sex.
Ah, I see. They've been told and that's that. It's funny that a bunch of old virgins can dictate how sex works :)

So the God of the Bible had a different idea?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#498824 Mar 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking of the child going to school and saying Mum and Mum or Dad and Dad sort of makes me feel the child might be tormented .... Children have enough to contend with, without the added issues of the parents sexual preferences to cope with as well.
When you were a child, how often did you think of your parent's sexual preferences?

Children need and want to be loved. I don't think they care who is doing that.

When I'm in China I volunteer at an orphanage. I teach English. The kids there are beautiful and so eager to learn. I want them all to be adopted by loving parents. I don't care what those parents look like, what color their skin is or what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms as long as they love the child that they adopt.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#498825 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she a Poe then or now ? <wink>
You may never ever know <smile>

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#498826 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don;t hate you Shrinky.
You are too bizzare for me too feel much of anything towards you.
I don't hate Doc either but if he accuses me of roman worship again I'll never again respond to him.

Location hidden

#498827 Mar 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh..... wouldn't it be nice to see some good old fashioned conversation in here? But, alas and alack, we have been told this homosexual debate will continue, and I guess, we knew that is what some of the posters are actually in here for. Purely for homosexual purposes and to bring out the best and the worst in Christian posters. Ah, well, we can only do what we can only do :)
So far, we've brought out the worst.

As long as I'm considered an abomination, I'll be here.

Do what you do but do it better, please.

Location hidden

#498828 Mar 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick! Does anyone know the Heimlich?!?
I know the Hamlisch Maneuver. Always makes me retch.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#498829 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there are two (conflicting) creation stories in Genesis, but as far as humans being created, the fist version just says "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." (Genesis 1:27), and then in Genesis 2 it goes into the specifics of Adam and Eve. I don't read that part as conflicting, unless one reads the first as God creating a bunch of (hermaphrodite?) god-imaged humans prior to A & E., which would not make sense as such being are never described as interacting with the descendants of A & E.
Where do you suppose The people came from that cain was afraid if being killed by? Cain took himself a wife after being banned. How did A & E survive upon being evicted from the garden?
Elohim is plural not singular. EL would have been singular yet still incorrect.
Genesis should read-The first one created the gods with the heavens and with the Earth”.
Yahweh is one of these gods, one of the ’Elohim (since the Bible here calls him “Yahweh ’Elohim” in the Hebrew text, and not simply “Yahweh”).

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#498830 Mar 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>How the heck would anyone know that same sex has been around for 15 million years? Guess work of the greatest kind..... there would be no evidence would there?
Do you know what phylogeny is and how it works?

Phylogeny means "evolutionary relatedness." Humans are great apes, in the great ape clade, the ape clade, the ape+old world monkey (OWM) clade and, going up one more, in the ape+old world monkey+new world monkey clade.

When biological traits and behaviors are shared by many different species in a clade, the most parsimonious answer is that the behavior/biological trait evolved prior to those species - prior to the clade.

Same sex sexual behavior exists in almost all primate species, except in prosimians. Therefore, the behavior evolved after monkeys split from prosimians - roungly 40-50 million years ago.

So I actually gave you a low estimate, based on the ape/OWM split - same sex sexual behavior, in primates, evolved roughly when monkeys evolved, around 40-50 million years ago with their bigger brains and greater behavioral flexibility and abilities to form social bonds.

No, SSSB didn't evolve for any reason you can imagine. I can explain that in detail, if you like.

I'm sorry this is technical, but tough, it's how science works. Please look up the words you aren't familiar with.
*** A team of international researchers has completed a study that suggests we will probably never find a ‘gay gene.' Sexual orientation is not about genetics, say the researchers, it's about epigenetics. This is the process where DNA expression is influenced by any number of external factors in the environment. And in the case of homosexuality, the researchers argue, the environment is the womb itself.
Epigenetic mechanisms can be seen as an added layer of information that clings to our DNA. Epi-marks regulate the expression of genes according to the strength of external cues. Genes are basically the instruction book, while epi-marks direct how those instructions get carried out. For example, they can determine when, where, and how much of a gene gets expressed.
http://io9.com/5967426/scientists-confirm-tha... ***
Seeing as being sexually attracted to the same sex is not normal behavior, there would have to be something wrong somewhere along the lines wouldn't there? At least we know they are studying the issue and trying to work it out.....
First, SSSB is not due to epigenetic factors, regardless of what those researchers claim. They aren't taking into account the phylogenetic information we have and so making stupid presumptions based on the Western cultural division of sexuality into homo/hetero.

Second, you're mistaken if you think same sex sexual behavior is not normal. That's just your cultural bias coming through. It quite clearly is normal for almost all observed primate species, except prosimians (the most primitive ones).

Third, those authors are making the same mistake you are making, which is to inject their cultural biases into their research. That makes their research questionable, to say the least. Western scientists have been studying homosexuals for more than 100 years like that and so far have found nothing - because they don't understand how evolution works and are not using an evolutionary framework in their understanding of behavior.

That's just poor science.
Infinity

Philipsburg, PA

#498831 Mar 5, 2013
Anyone home! lol hi!
Infinity

Philipsburg, PA

#498832 Mar 5, 2013
Hello! Was wondering If I can join your conversation?
Infinity

Philipsburg, PA

#498833 Mar 5, 2013
Why do these posts take so long to show up, aren't we in the electronic fast paced age now?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#498834 Mar 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't want Jesus dead.
I wasn't around when he died.
But BibleGod apparently did:
The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.
-- John 10:17-8
Interesting, huh?
Ya. The Constantine gang is good at that.

----------
“’…If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God…”
(8:42)

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.’”
(8:44)

Who is he talking about here? >>Yahweh<< Who is merely a tribal god...not an original creator.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498835 Mar 5, 2013
In the last hours and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming even now many antichrist have come.This is how we know it is the last hour.They went out from us but they did not really belong to us.For if they had belonged to us they would have remained with us but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

But you have an anointing from the Holy One and all of you know the truth.I do not wrtie to you because you do not know the truth but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.Who is the liar.It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. He denies the Father and the Son.No one who denies the Son has the Father Whoever acknowledges the Son Has the Father also.

See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you.If it does you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.And this is what he promised us even eternal life.

I am writing theses things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.As for you the anointing you received from him remains in you and you do not need anyone to teach you about all things and as that anointing is real not counterfeit just as it has taught you remain in Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Liam 573,716
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min KiMare 97,855
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Next Victim Please 808,945
Moses never existed 37 min KiMare 1,247
Any horny boys??? 44 min Dean 3
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr Wordsworth 5,536
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 268,803
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr Arul 5,623
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 15 hr Mille1234 93
More from around the web