Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#498868 Mar 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me in the Bible where flying in an airplane is okay to do.
Please show me that you Catch a soccer ball?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#498869 Mar 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you laugh with me tonight?
<extends hand>
That takes on a whole new meaning in Innuit.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498870 Mar 5, 2013
Fornication;
2 chr 21:11
Is 23:17
Ezek 16:15,26,29
Matt 5:32
John 8:41
Acts 15:20
Rom 1:29
1 cor 5:1
6:13
7:2
10:8
2 cor 12:21
gal 5:19
eph 5:3
col 3:5
1 thess 4:3
rev 2:14
20:21
14:8
17:2
18:3
19:2
The wonder of it all.
Lost In Transition

United States

#498871 Mar 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex sexual behavior exists in almost all primate species, except in prosimians.
I've got 2 prosimian trees. Don't really know why, don't much care for prosimians.
Except in cookies.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498872 Mar 5, 2013
10-4 caught all the drifters later.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#498873 Mar 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways but in these last day has spoken to us by his Son,whom he appointed heir of all things and through whom he made the universe.The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being,sustaining all things by his powerful word.After he provided purification for sins,he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
"What the smurf do you think your doing, Gay Smurf? Never touch my smurf. Smurfin Smurfs." ~ Papa Smurf

Location hidden

#498874 Mar 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you laugh with me tonight?
<extends hand>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mXoyfX7IoaAXX
I laugh every night. Where do you buy a patchwork suit like that?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#498875 Mar 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite...
Now, now, Q baby.

#498876 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to define fornication.
I have defined fornication for over a week now... I just sent you a recap within a link.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>You can't even define what "marriage" is based on the Bible.Did you know there are no marriage vows in the Bible ?
If you are going to invent your own deifinitions then you have no one to talk to but yourself.
"Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous." Hebrew 13
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Eph 5
"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord." Eph 5
"Husbands, love your wives." Eph 5
"Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered." I Peter 3
"For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage." Romans 7
"But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Matt 5
"because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. " I Cor 7
More?

Location hidden

#498877 Mar 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Fornication;
2 chr 21:11
Is 23:17
Ezek 16:15,26,29
Matt 5:32
John 8:41
Acts 15:20
Rom 1:29
1 cor 5:1
6:13
7:2
10:8
2 cor 12:21
gal 5:19
eph 5:3
col 3:5
1 thess 4:3
rev 2:14
20:21
14:8
17:2
18:3
19:2
The wonder of it all.
You're doing it wrong. I think.

Can you add all those number? I would ask you to subtract. Remember: Bigger bottom better borrow.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#498878 Mar 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Please show me that you Catch a soccer ball?
That's in Leviticus, I think.

Or Ruth.

#498879 Mar 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's in Leviticus, I think.
Or Ruth.
Hey Pastor... your bible knowledge is expanding. You know the titles to two books in the bible already.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#498880 Mar 5, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got 2 prosimian trees. Don't really know why, don't much care for prosimians.
Except in cookies.
Never heard of those.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#498881 Mar 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I have defined fornication for over a week now... I just sent you a recap within a link.
<quoted text>"Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous." Hebrew 13
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Eph 5
"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord." Eph 5
"Husbands, love your wives." Eph 5
"Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered." I Peter 3
"For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage." Romans 7
"But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Matt 5
"because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. " I Cor 7
More?
I'm sorry, husbands loving their wives is fornication? How odd.

#498882 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being dishonest, Quin.
I never said it said fornication was OK.
I said there is no definition of fornication or Adultery anywhere in the Bible. There are specific acts forbade and premarital sex isn't one of them. Nor are several ther things you want to call "fornication".
You can have all the sexual or asexual beliefs and opinions you want, it doesn't bother me. When you (or anyone) put words in God or Jesus mouth that aren't there, THAT offend the crap out of me.
Nope... I never said that you said fornication was okay. I asked you to show me in the bible where fornication is okay... just to save time. Then you asked me to provide a definition. I did. Basically you have your own beliefs concerning the bible, I totally agree and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

But Yes... pre-marital sex and all other types of fornications is immoral according to the Bible. I'm sorry that we aren't going to be able to agree on this.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#498883 Mar 5, 2013
My answer to 'wilderide' that turned into my testimony.

Part 1.

Well, my Biblical understanding is that God used to be punitive and wrathful until the last atonement sacrifice, in Jesus, was made. Now we can all be forgiven and just have to believe in Jesus as God and man who died for us, after experiencing everything we experience but without sin.

As far as the big picture goes, everything that has happened has been by grand design. Everything. I think the book of Job combined with the book of Enoch explain everything we are meant to know, separately and together. I never could understand the book of Job, until a year ago, then I got it and it was like a lightbulb effect. We are being tested, refined and purified by The Lord so that we are prepared to live a sinless, peaceful, harmonious life with each other and with Our Creator, as was originally intended. Every evil He allows, is for the purpose of teaching us but only if we want to. We have a choice, we can accept and obey and trust Our Creator or we can please ourselves. For every choice we make, there is a consequence. My understanding of The Lord is that He wants us perfect, not because he made us like programmed robots but because we choose to be. What is perfect? Jesus is, if you can put aside everything you believe and for one moment imagine the world as though every single person in it was just like Jesus… that is the end goal.

God made us like Him, with free thought and will but we are like newborn babes in a sense and have to learn and evolve to the point of being like Jesus.

I'll use my life as an example and ask for mercy as this is personal and very important to me. It would hurt me if anyone used this testimony to abuse or mock me, I'd get over it but I still feel the need to make this statement.

TBC...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#498884 Mar 5, 2013
CONT...

Part 2.

There is no possible (for humans) or logical way that I could ever have been indoctrinated or conned or talked into anything, especially faith. My parents, my mother especially, were cult junkies and my mother was a German Gypsy born in Brazil, a witch and a High Priestess. I was 6 years old when I decided there was no God. My Mullatto Father was a gigolo and into a practice called Macumba (catholic voodoo) but my mum left him when I was 2. I was brought up with my mum and wealthy catholic step father. Without going into too much detail, I'll just tell you that I was used as a specific type of sacrifice from the ages of 4 to 12. I followed in my mothers footsteps and became a very young High Priestess, because I had no alternative and I was filled with hate and fury.
Then it came time for me to hurt a child, my baby sister (ten years younger). I couldn't. I took her, in the middle of the night and left, hid, then went to child services, thank God that by that time we lived in Australia, where parents are not permitted to abuse their children, no matter how much money they have.
I was emotionally, physically, spiritually and sexually abused.

(yes Hiding, I know some religions use sex to celebrate their gods, it's enlightened of you to find it so amusing, I didn't think so when I was 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 years old)

I don't think that most people who live in well developed Western countries, especially the younger, know it all generation, have any concept of the spirit world. Or real in your face evil. If they did, they would not joke about such things and would know where most of their ideas came from.
By the time I was 17, I felt very old and was a pure Agnostic Atheist, I buried my knowledge of the bad and refused to consider any possibility of good. I studied for years and I was and still am, to an extent, analytical, skeptical, sarcastic and very jaded. I despised religions and churches as well as all the evil they represented.

When I found God, I wasn't really looking, I married an Atheist. He married me to rebel against his Christian clan.
Almost 4 years ago, I accepted Jesus into my heart and everything changed...
I was impatient with a fiery temper, God gave me my middle child, now I'm sure I have the patience of Job, almost.
I was terrible with finances, then became a poor single mother and learnt the hard way.
I was proud and arrogant, got knocked down a few pegs and no longer have any pride at all.
I was rigid and unforgiving, now forgiveness is as natural as breathing.
I was selfish and now I only give.
I was materialistic and ambitious, now I'm kind and generous.
I was an angry, emotional wreck unless working, now I'm calm and feel peace and joy and love.
Now I need to work on turning the other cheek, which is hard for me, it seems I was born fighting, as a pagan I believed I was ruled by the god of war, I was always defending someone, or myself. So being trodden on with a smile on my face is a challenge, then just when I'm ready for this challenge, I stumble into topix.

This is my proof, for me, most people in my situations and up to two years ago, with my crappy circumstances, end up insane, dead, drug addicts, in prison etc… I've seen it. I've almost been some of it. No one can ever convince me that there is no God. He saved me, He Blessed me, He truly loves me.

I made the right choice, finally, if it turns out to be a lie so be it, this is the best my life has ever been and it just keeps getting better :-)

To quote Serah... "Thank you Jesus for caring."

#498885 Mar 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, Q baby.
Kojak?

#498886 Mar 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, husbands loving their wives is fornication? How odd.
Huh?
Sora

San Diego, CA

#498887 Mar 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are as beautiful and eloquent as you and Seraphine. Most are not. You need not and can not apologize for the acts of others.
Bien mon ami.
pengyou
Bonsoir Madame Tam, your words have touched my heart, it makes me feel now like watching a beautiful sunrise as it sets over the horizon. In regards to our being beautiful that to us is an internal quality that radiates outward. This type of beauty never fades unless we allow it to do so, I am sure you agree with me. What is beauty to you Madame Tam? How do you judge it and I can see clearly that you see with your heart and not your eyes. Have you yourself been judged harshly? If so, may I ask what for? You may of course ask the same of me and Seraphine we have been and still are at times on the physical level you see, sadly this form of prejudice is more difficult to eradicate, all bigotry begins in the heart and the soul, our thoughts whether for good or naught manifest themselves for all to see. You have a beautiful heart and spirit, let no person allow that light to go out within you, our job is to keep that light burning in every person we meet, it is that simple. There are too many who allow that light to flicker and then it dims, then it dies out. We need to being it to life again. I would very much like to establish a dialogue with you, should you desire it, I will admit my formal nature cannot be helped Seraphine is slightly more informal than I but this is what makes her special *Smiles* no two people are the same. A garden is made beautiful only if the flowers differ. I am looking foward to hearing from you my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Inf 87,271
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Big Al 703,557
Making DEVILS Rich 1 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,913
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Big Al 996,406
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 4 hr Fhreep Pun Ho III 33
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 4 hr Big Al 223,071