Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#498497 Mar 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.
Pip pip, cheerio and all that rot.
And this one? You wicked servants of the snake.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#498498 Mar 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. exactly what she wrote - that dads are good. It seems many Christians on this thread do not comprehend the King's English. Even after Annie explained her post, there was negative feedback. What's the woman gonna do ??..
<quoted text>
.. would you like a breakdown ??..
SCAR: Calm, quiet, critical thinking country boy who never uses vulgarity. Whittles wood, great dad, tries not to offend.
IANS: Can be militant because he's passionate about his cause. Superb logic. Unless provoked, never indulges in name-calling or personal attacks. Good sense of humor, handsome. Likes birds, all kinds of birds.
WILDERIDE: Critical thinker, never swears, rarely returns fire when attacked, looks like a young Tom Cruise. People could learn something about ethics from him.
HFY: Perky, brilliant scholar, does not indulge in name-calling unless provoked. Can be a bit arrogant but she's earned that right. Great sense of humor. She's very special to me.
CATCHER: Astute scholar, shy, logical, never curses, great one-liners, tries to break tension. A rare bird, very few people are like him. Enjoys the feel of silky bloomers minus any underwear. Rugged, handsome and manly.
TIDE: Logical thinker, brilliant poet/writer. Stays on an even keel unless unduly provoked. Nobody's puppet. Having an unrequited love affair with River Tam.
RIVER TAM: Hot, hot, hot. Great one-liners, intellectually gifted. Usually can 'out lesbian' me, sometimes makes me blush. Can't wait to meet her in Vegas, borrowing a pair of Catcher's bloomers.
.. you may disagree with the above, probably will. Most Christians on this thread fail to separate a critique of their belief from personal attacks ..
.. your turn ..
I think it not coincidental that you've only mention the 'Othersiders' aka Free Thinkers.

I'm sorry Ms. Happy, but I must say that your post was quite poor and hypocritical. Those people you mentioned at times show intelligence, but common sense seem to escape them, and when they speak about the bible, the level of information and so call 'critical thinking' they display becomes quite useless.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread Ms. Happy.

CS.
Adam

#498499 Mar 5, 2013
@AnnieJ

Sweetie.A marriage, according to the Bible and Webster's Dictionary, is between a man and woman. Who came up with the idea of a gay marriage anyway? People of the same sex should not be called husband and wife. It sounds totally ridiculous to introduce a man (in a gay marriage of two men) as one partner's "wife." Only in a gay community would this be fitting.

Since a gay marriage is a union, a partnership, so to speak, why not call it a partnership? In a partnership, the union between same sex couples can be spelled out with many more terms than a marriage. Technically, two same sex people entering a partnership is just as it says, and introducing your partner to friends and other people, says it all. Example: "I'd like to introduce you to my partner,David." Much more acceptable than "I'd like to introduce you to my wife David." Even "Ellen" can rub people the wrong way by calling Portia her "wife."

Some still have an enormous stigma on gay people, mostly because of those who are the stereotype "fags," an unflattering slang expression for homosexuals. The ones who prance around, have a noticeable lisp and dress up to show their feminine side.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#498500 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
Gay child adoption is wrong. The victim, I fear will be us, sisters and brothers.
How do you become the victim Adam if gay children are not adopted? It is the gay children that will live in foster care or orphanages until they become adults. It is the gay child that will feel unloved and unwanted Adam.

Yet somehow...you brothers and sisters somehow are the victims???

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#498501 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Scaritual
Timothy1-8
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 [a]and [b]immoral men [c]and homosexuals [d]and kidnappers [e]and liars [f]and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.
I'm sure that has immense value to you and causes you to feel you that occupy some special place in the universe.

Thanks for sharing your mythic god words.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#498502 Mar 5, 2013

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#498503 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
And this one? You wicked servants of the snake.
Yeah, whew... you've got all kinds of primitive "juju" words goin on.

You can't reason with someone about a position they embrace when they didn't reason their way into that position in the first place.
Adam

#498504 Mar 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you become the victim Adam if gay children are not adopted? It is the gay children that will live in foster care or orphanages until they become adults. It is the gay child that will feel unloved and unwanted Adam.
Sweetie.Try to understand my previous comments.

Bye bye. See you later

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#498505 Mar 5, 2013
I'm on page 24021 and going to the last page, 24025, and hope that there is something worth reading. Had been laid up with an upset tummy yesterday and a sore head, so didn't peek in here, which is probably a good thing LOL

#498506 Mar 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Adam means gay couples adopting children? I don't think kids really display gay behavior while they are still toddlers, or young enough to be adopted, but of course, came in on the end of this conversation and could be totally out sync.

#498507 Mar 5, 2013
hey wrote:
hey I am muslim and isa/jesus love us all and I don't mind if anyone want to ask me about islam
thanks
Peace to you Hey ~ and Peace Be Upon Them (The Prophets):)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#498508 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
@AnnieJ
Sweetie.A marriage, according to the Bible and Webster's Dictionary, is between a man and woman.
Actually, according to the Bible, there are no fewer than 8 types:

The standard nuclear family
Polygamous marriage
Levirate marriage- a woman forced to marry her deceased husband’s brother
A man, a woman and her property -- a female slave
A man, one or more wives, and some concubines
A male soldier and a female prisoner of war
A male rapist and his victim
A male and female slave

You don't know your Bible very well, do you Adam? Maybe you should stop obsessing about gay people and read it sometime.

#498509 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
And will continue to punish His children, by the looks of things.
It appears to me, at times, they are punishing themselves. This conversation has been going on and on and on, about gays, and I still don't even understand what the big deal is whether CS or Adam, or anyone, make statements on how they feel.

Big deal. Get over it and let's get on to some other subject ~ like how Blessed we all are?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#498510 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OT God is a prick. Paul's God is psychotic. The Christian pantheon is ridiculous.
What the....

#498511 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want gay children to be orphans, Adam? That's not very nice.
What gay children? I haven't heard of any but gather it is happening now, seeing as both you and Annie (more or less experts in the field of gaiety) have indicated that there are? I gather the DNA must be showing greater signs of mutation if the symptoms of homosexuality are coming out at a very young age. Or are you referring to older children who are being adopted, notably gay?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#498512 Mar 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Tam of the River, with all due respect and I put this nicely... you are a pervert.
Dear Mr. Strike:

On several occasions, you've indicated a desire to move on to another topic. In compliance with your request, I've refrained from responding to any posts regarding same-sex relations.

Since you claim to be a genuine believer with high moral standards, please tell us how your post to River Tam promotes the integrity of your high ethical standard.

In advance, thank you for your consideration.

Smooches, HL

#498513 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the problem for Christians. They would have been better off just creating a messiah out of whole cloth. But Jesus was a Jewish messiah, and so the Christian Bible is saddled with the Hebrew Bible. And the plain fact of the matter is that Jesus did not fulfill most or indeed any of the rules to be that person. Christianity developed as a break-out Jewish cult, and as it has developed Jesus was blown all out of proportion, to the point that Jesus wasn't even a person anymore, but a demi-god. So in essence, Christianity undermined itself with it's own hubris.
We might be saddled with the OT, but those of us with a little comprehension understand that the Bible is obviously influenced by the word of man(kind) and interwoven with the word of GOD.

We have the NT and The Book of Revelation and understand with our comprehension that JESUS came to us to teach us a kind, gentle, peaceful way of life, caring for others as we care for ourselves.

Obviously, JESUS had a huge impact for many reasons, but they wanted HIM dead due to HIS notoriety of the best kind, and then we have had our Calendar created in HIS honor for a couple of thousand years.

Of course, they are changing the words meaning from Before Christ and Anno Domini but the reference to the real meaning will always be there. Serah Asher, daughter of Asher, son of Jacob still has a huge impact with the Jewish, and there are many Jewish Christians and Christian Jews.

Some are progressing, it is obvious, others are regressing, and others are marking time. Such is the pleasure of our free will, is it not?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#498514 Mar 5, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase

"God, bless Your church with strength!
Wherever we may be,
Upbuild Your servants as we work
In common ministry.
Urge us from fledgling faith
o venture and to soar
Through open skies, to sing the praise
Of Christ whom we adore.

God, bless Your church with life!
May all our branches thrive,
Unblemished, wholesome, bearing fruit,
Abundantly alive.
From You, one holy vine,
In freedom may we grow;
Sustain us in our mission, Lord,
Your love and peace to show.

God, bless Your church with hope!
Despite chaotic days,
May we in chaos shine to light
A pathway through life’s maze.
May justice be our aim,
And kindness ours to share,
In humbleness O may we walk,
Assured our God is there!"

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#498515 Mar 5, 2013
Okay. It's gonna be a while before I catch up. I finished off on page 24016. I did read a little today, and I must say; I've learned a valuable lesson. I might not be answering some of your posts because of what I realized. There's no point in answering questions and addressing assertions if what I share makes no difference in how you think or believe afterward. For example, I shouldn't have to explain, more than once, that I'm not "Christian," or affiliated with any denomination of Christendom. We'll see, though, as I go along.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#498516 Mar 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocritcally judging others in the name of a deity(s) IS Christianity since 325 AD.
Totally agreed and well said Duane. Except, if you say a boy mug an old lady of her purse, would calling the boy a THIEF be judging him or are you stating fact?

Remember; judging someone can entail baring false witness against another. It can also be speculative where one can assume that a man who is acting effeminate and plays with dolls is gay, while this doesn't necessarily have to be true. One can also assume that someone who wears a hard hat and works on a construction site is usually quite dirty and dusty, but this also doesn't have to be true as he could be working in an office trailor on site.

Biblically speaking, there are things that are kosher and things that are not. Things that are deemed a sin or and an abomination and things that are not. To maintain a standard of a righteous people within either Israel, the Hebrew nation on a whole, or the church or any other religion, there are standards...moral standards and rules one should live by. When one communicates with the Ruach HaKodesh (or HaQuodesh), one must try to present himself as repentant and clean as a sign of respect and humility before the Most High One. Just as the High Priest could not be unclean in the presence of the Shikinah Light.

One cannot live by his own rules and standards and then say that they love, respect or live by the principles of 'God' when yet he or she should know that their own rules or standards are folly in His sight. Indeed, no one is perfect...we are all far from being perfect but it doesn't exempt us from trying to live a righteous life. He knows that we will at times fall short, that we will stumble and fall. The Savior did not come for a perfect people, for if we were perfect and faultless, we would not be in need of saving.

We can see it in our very innocent children, that even they like doing their own thing. We as human beings find rules very restricting, and oft times burdensome and a kill joy. In the class rooms, when the teacher isn't there or isn't looking, we do our own thing and find creative ways to bend or break the class rules. In teh work place, despite company rules, we find ways and means to bend or break company policy in order to take a load off and feel more relaxed and comfortable.

In whatever we do and wherever we go, we much prefer to play by our own rules and do our own thing....make it up as we go. Most of us would never choose to be career soldiers even if we were capable of it. Hence, there are many denominations and religions, and even people who believe in a god or supreme being outside of religion, because we prefer to create gods in our own image. We dislike obedience, we would much rather choose to be free spirited, lustful, happy go lucky and wild almost like those in the Flower Power decade. Thus, anyone who presents a Creator of godlike being who gives rules and sets a particular standard is generally not liked and will be criticized. You know as well as I do, that the Most High One doesn't play by our rules and there is a reason why there is Wrong and there is Right there is Dark and there is Light.

Shalom my friend.

Andrew (CS).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumatrix 865,624
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 600,105
9/11&bin 40 min REV CAROL 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristineM 2,037
Christianity is fading away... 1 hr Truthiness 3
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 6,544
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 4 hr ashuashu 487
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 5 hr cute94 465
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 15 hr andy 45
More from around the web