Why Should Jesus Love Me?
hey

Rotherham, UK

#498482 Mar 5, 2013
hey I am muslim and isa/jesus love us all and I don't mind if anyone want to ask me about islam
thanks

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#498483 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the answer to that. I only know how He is in my life. I do know about rules, laws and consequences though.
Well, you bring up a good point here. The answer is not always to know the answer, definitively. It's a far better thing to struggle with an important question and grow from that, then to pretend to a definitive answer that may be false. Life is not a destination, but rather a journey, IMHO.

But aside from that, OK, you don't have a ready-made answer, but what do you think? How can you have a benevolent God that supposedly wants human souls to bond with it, yet the potential for permanent separation and eternal torment? Why is this deity so heavy on punitive punishment rather than redemptive correction?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#498484 Mar 5, 2013
@AnnieJ

Sweetie.Com passion is a sign of weakness. Homosexuals would only exploit this. Like feeding the hunger and dealing with human right issues. They promote their agenda through legislation, presenting themselves as victims of prejudice and discrimination, helping to enact the gender discrimination act, legalizing and securing full benefits for same gender marriage, funding research similar to the hypothalamus issue (which shows a genetic propensity to homosexuality), teaching at even kindergarten level that the two-male or the two female can make a family unit which is an acceptable alternative that is even comparable to the traditional MOM and POP family,

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#498486 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
And you.
Yeah.

I don't have a problem with it.

I think we should hold our fellow man accountable here and now, however, what I don't think is an invisible disembodied magical super brain has anything to do with anything.

Hence, my position.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#498487 Mar 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie is just looking someone to blame, namely me. The reason for this is, on the last two threads I was on that Annie was also a part of, when the homosexuality conversation did come up, I wasn't hypocritical about my opinion. I admitted that there can be nice gay people, but it doesn't excuse them living a homosexual lifestyle, which is abominable unto Yahweh Elohiym, the Most High One.
I also remember the OSAS group, and lines were drawn because they were against the Law and its relevance in the times after the resurrection of the Savior. It was during these conversations when talking abiout grace and mercy, that homosexuals as a group of people came up. What I said is that only people who try to obey the Law can be given Grace, but not the Lawless and I slammed homosexuality. hence, the Othersiders or Lax Thinkers invaded this thread.
Shalom Trifecta1.
Andrew (CS).
Hey, thanks for the information.

I wasn't aware that you were obsessing on homosexuality even before we "othersiders" (now the "insiders") arrived!
Adam

#498488 Mar 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
I don't have a problem with it.
I think we should hold our fellow man accountable here and now, however, what I don't think is an invisible disembodied magical super brain has anything to do with anything.
Hence, my position.
Good for you.

Fremont, CA

#498489 Mar 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
So I beseech you my friend, and all those who truly stand for the Most High One to present themselves united not like cowards or door mats, to stand with common purpose against the Othersiders who call themselves "The Free Thinkers" so we can be rid of this homosexuality conversation once and for all!
Shalom mi familia.
Andrew (CS).
Your "To arms, the foemen storm the wall" is a bit late, bro.

The fortress is ours.

You may stay, but you'll have to learn proper behavior.
Adam

#498490 Mar 5, 2013
Howsoever

I don´t know if you heared about the dog whisperer but I think the sodomites,or dogs how the homosexuals were called in the Bible could also need such rehabilitation programs.
A kind of dog whisperer for homosexuals you know what I mean.

Fremont, CA

#498491 Mar 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Tam of the River, with all due respect and I put this nicely... you are a pervert.
Still I bid you Shalom.
Counter_Strike: Days of the Golden City are nigh. Come out of Rome and Babylon all His people.[Quo Vadis]
Any of the resident Christians wish to comment on CS's venom?

San Francisco

#498492 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is the biggest conspiracy after 9/11.
We don´t negotiate with sodomites. There´s no such thing like gay marriage and child adoption.
Sorry Adam, but pretending that something that you don't like doesn't exist doesn't change reality. Watch, I'll demonstrate:

*Ahem*

"There is no such think as clueless bigots!"

Did you disappear? No? See what I mean?
Adam

#498493 Mar 5, 2013
@Scaritual

Timothy1-8
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 [a]and [b]immoral men [c]and homosexuals [d]and kidnappers [e]and liars [f]and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#498494 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
Thanks.

Pip pip, cheerio and all that rot.

San Francisco

#498495 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
@AnnieJ
Sweetie.Com passion is a sign of weakness.
No Adam. Compassion is a sign of moral maturity. Hopefully someday you'll learn that.

Luke 6:36 "Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful."

Romans 12:15 "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep."

Colossians 3:12 "Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience."

You are a hypocrite Adam. When will you start behaving as if you believe in anything contained in that book you self-righteously thump at others? No one is going to take you seriously if you undermine yourself that way.
Adam

#498496 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No Adam. Compassion is a sign of moral maturity. Hopefully someday you'll learn that.
Luke 6:36 "Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful."
Romans 12:15 "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep."
Colossians 3:12 "Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience."
You are a hypocrite Adam. When will you start behaving as if you believe in anything contained in that book you self-righteously thump at others? No one is going to take you seriously if you undermine yourself that way.
Which spirit inspired your comment? You lying snake of Beezlebub.
Adam

#498497 Mar 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.
Pip pip, cheerio and all that rot.
And this one? You wicked servants of the snake.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#498498 Mar 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. exactly what she wrote - that dads are good. It seems many Christians on this thread do not comprehend the King's English. Even after Annie explained her post, there was negative feedback. What's the woman gonna do ??..
<quoted text>
.. would you like a breakdown ??..
SCAR: Calm, quiet, critical thinking country boy who never uses vulgarity. Whittles wood, great dad, tries not to offend.
IANS: Can be militant because he's passionate about his cause. Superb logic. Unless provoked, never indulges in name-calling or personal attacks. Good sense of humor, handsome. Likes birds, all kinds of birds.
WILDERIDE: Critical thinker, never swears, rarely returns fire when attacked, looks like a young Tom Cruise. People could learn something about ethics from him.
HFY: Perky, brilliant scholar, does not indulge in name-calling unless provoked. Can be a bit arrogant but she's earned that right. Great sense of humor. She's very special to me.
CATCHER: Astute scholar, shy, logical, never curses, great one-liners, tries to break tension. A rare bird, very few people are like him. Enjoys the feel of silky bloomers minus any underwear. Rugged, handsome and manly.
TIDE: Logical thinker, brilliant poet/writer. Stays on an even keel unless unduly provoked. Nobody's puppet. Having an unrequited love affair with River Tam.
RIVER TAM: Hot, hot, hot. Great one-liners, intellectually gifted. Usually can 'out lesbian' me, sometimes makes me blush. Can't wait to meet her in Vegas, borrowing a pair of Catcher's bloomers.
.. you may disagree with the above, probably will. Most Christians on this thread fail to separate a critique of their belief from personal attacks ..
.. your turn ..
I think it not coincidental that you've only mention the 'Othersiders' aka Free Thinkers.

I'm sorry Ms. Happy, but I must say that your post was quite poor and hypocritical. Those people you mentioned at times show intelligence, but common sense seem to escape them, and when they speak about the bible, the level of information and so call 'critical thinking' they display becomes quite useless.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread Ms. Happy.

CS.
Adam

#498499 Mar 5, 2013
@AnnieJ

Sweetie.A marriage, according to the Bible and Webster's Dictionary, is between a man and woman. Who came up with the idea of a gay marriage anyway? People of the same sex should not be called husband and wife. It sounds totally ridiculous to introduce a man (in a gay marriage of two men) as one partner's "wife." Only in a gay community would this be fitting.

Since a gay marriage is a union, a partnership, so to speak, why not call it a partnership? In a partnership, the union between same sex couples can be spelled out with many more terms than a marriage. Technically, two same sex people entering a partnership is just as it says, and introducing your partner to friends and other people, says it all. Example: "I'd like to introduce you to my partner,David." Much more acceptable than "I'd like to introduce you to my wife David." Even "Ellen" can rub people the wrong way by calling Portia her "wife."

Some still have an enormous stigma on gay people, mostly because of those who are the stereotype "fags," an unflattering slang expression for homosexuals. The ones who prance around, have a noticeable lisp and dress up to show their feminine side.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#498500 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
Gay child adoption is wrong. The victim, I fear will be us, sisters and brothers.
How do you become the victim Adam if gay children are not adopted? It is the gay children that will live in foster care or orphanages until they become adults. It is the gay child that will feel unloved and unwanted Adam.

Yet somehow...you brothers and sisters somehow are the victims???

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#498501 Mar 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Scaritual
Timothy1-8
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 [a]and [b]immoral men [c]and homosexuals [d]and kidnappers [e]and liars [f]and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.
I'm sure that has immense value to you and causes you to feel you that occupy some special place in the universe.

Thanks for sharing your mythic god words.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#498502 Mar 5, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 654,152
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Jake999 281,892
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min bad bob 183,182
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 13 min gundee123 827
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Brian_G 64,134
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,824
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,549
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr pusherman_ 973,849
More from around the web