Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#498363 Mar 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would BibleGod be angry about a thing he ostensibly ordered, at least according to the author of John?
Yah wanted Jesus dead.
That's quite obvious isn't it?
Now ask yourself why?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498364 Mar 5, 2013
http://beforeitsnews.com/obama/2013/03/obamas...

Whoa... if there's any truth to this you guys have bigger problems than topix posters...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#498365 Mar 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
lol, you is a very funny person in a clownlike sort of way.
Clowns are no laughing matter to a coulrophobe.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coulro...
http://meeshclothing.com/wordpress/...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498366 Mar 5, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You expressed what you felt a GOD has done for you, I know a GOD didn't do anything for you. I asked you to ask your GOD to back up your claim. I didn't ask for a testimony, I perfer self-evidence. Your great-swelling words has nothing to do with a GOD, you were talking to me, you were not worshipping your GOD.
Do you understand you don't have salvation at this time?
"Total" obedience, if that were true your GOD would "take you up".
Typical of professing christians, always full of "great swelling words", if you don't mind, "show me the money".
Says you. Who are you? Anonymous topix poster? Nobody. Did God tell you these things? Why would you speak for Him?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498367 Mar 5, 2013

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#498368 Mar 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
**SNIPPED**
Something very important to my worldview is empathy. It's pretty much the foundation of it. Human nature and the human condition are constantly stimulating our brains to pay less attention to empathy. To ensure our own survival, we sometimes prioritize ourselves above others. I consider it an important task to be aware of that. Being aware of my underlying motivations allows me to evaluate them, to figure out if my instincts are betraying my values. It happens frequently.
.. with time, viable eggs can spoil. You've hatched ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#498369 Mar 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how many people believe your silly myth; what matters is that it is a myth.
What you believe to be myth, is none of my business.

With Established Harem

#498370 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
By fighting some more? I'm sorry but men have been fighting like this for a very long time and it has gotten us absolutely nowhere.**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. we don't have to fight, Luci In The Sky (With Diamonds)..

.. you'll find most everyone on our 'team' is quite comfortable with any belief system that creates understanding and compassion, one that serves and advances humanity ..

.. like a far-sighted person, sometimes we read a post without glasses. The aloof or arrogant poster may be desperately struggling with shyness or fear of rejection, a temper tantrum may be a cry for help. Things are not always as they appear to be, and, to understand someone, sometimes we need more than our ability to read ..

.. at times I need to borrow someone's glasses because my vision isn't clear. With proper sight aides, the blurry text becomes clear ..

With Established Harem

#498371 Mar 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That represents the "dragging uphill" portion of the conversation.
I want to get to the purest expression of someone's beliefs so I can address that, to hopefully prevent future dissembling and distractions. Does it ever work?
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> No. Not in the Abrahamic faith. The basic tenets are contradictory, so therefore the resulting belief structure is doomed to the same order of conflict.
<< light bulb blinking >>

.. thanks ..
mike

AOL

#498372 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you. Who are you? Anonymous topix poster? Nobody. Did God tell you these things? Why would you speak for Him?
Hello

I follow by example, I do what I see, I say what I hear,..the same as you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#498373 Mar 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I not know. But there is a character about YHWH God that even though omniscient, God exhibit all the emotions of the Human Being.
Afterall, the bible say mankind was made in the image of God. So why we would think God not go through the same emotions as we do? is just on a level we can't understand. God was very angry before he wipe the earth with a flood, God was angry at Sodom and Gomorrah. God was angry at the israelites in the wilderness and if it was not for Moses begging God would kill them all.
We can't understand that. So God knew he would want to kill off all the people and knew moses would beg for they life and knew He God would spare them.
To many that no make any sense so they toss God away. God say His thoughts are not our thoughts. And although God gave human being just a peek as to who He is from the bible, that barely scrape.
Because even in eternity, God will not be 100% known. No one, on this earth, or in heaven, will ever know God 100%, no one. Because no one will be be all knowing all seeing all present. then that person would be God, and is only one God.
Even what you have just written should prove to you that Yah was NOT the supreme creator. Rather, an imposter...and a very imperfect non-deity...one who hates more than loves... If you read closely and pay attention to all that Jesus said, you will know.

That is what Jesus came to fix, and Yah & co. had him killed for it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#498374 Mar 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still kind of missing what I wrote, especially the part where I described how culture is made of different components of social behavior, one of which includes religion.
Yeah, Jesus is like any other deity on the planet. At one point, people knew Thor existed and prayed to him. Probably no one does anymore - but people still know Vishnu and Buddha listen to their prayers, just like you know that Jesus listens to yours.
That part of religion is enculturation. You've learned your religion's "way of understanding" the world around you, so you live in a Christian world.
You're getting confused by my calling America a Christian culture. And you're thinking "but, gosh, Christians are in so many cultures!" And you're ignoring the part where I said "yes, Christians are in so many cultures - and, in each, it's a different kind of Christianity."
Hence you have Mayans sacrificing chickens to God, Polynesians with ancestor worship alongside Christianity, and so on.
The bottom line, my good man, is that any way of understanding the world around you is encultured. Your Christian one, my science one - they all provide us with "ways of experiencing, understanding" the world around us.
More simply, you live in a Created, Christian world and I do not. People of other religions - Hindu, Muslim, whatever - live in different subjective worlds than you do.
Because your subjective world differs from theirs and mine, your deities are imagined realities. They aren't objectively real.
I hope that clears things up for you.
No not really.

You write this:

[You're getting confused by my calling America a Christian culture. And you're thinking "but, gosh, Christians are in so many cultures!" And you're ignoring the part where I said "yes, Christians are in so many cultures - and, in each, it's a different kind of Christianity."
Hence you have Mayans sacrificing chickens to God, Polynesians with ancestor worship alongside Christianity, and so on]

[[[[

So if you going to put the Mayans, Polynesians and other cultures as some kind of "Christianity" based on they rituals, then why not Islam.
Islam and Christians revere the Old Testament. Islam see Jesus as a Prophet. So you then saying Islam is a form of Christianity? Or Even Buddhism. A lot of the teaching Buddhism inline with what Jesus teach. Love your neighbor, Karma and so forth. Is Buddhism a form of encultured Christianity?

So based on your argument, it would seem like the Whole World is sort of a [Christian Enculturation] would you not say? and if no, why not? by your own argument it seem the whole world is somewhat Christian Encultured.

Maybe you would agree then the Christian God, which go back all the way to Abraham, the father of both Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. Maybe all encultured religions start with him.

Because if you want to go so far as to say the Polynesians were practicing a form of Christianity, then Christianity encultured the whole world from the start. or maybe you think Abraham is a mythical person?

The point you trying to make with your original argument is not working. You were wrong from the beginning, and now you just making it up as you go along. You might as well cede the argument to me like your friend wilderide on his nonsensical [free will] argument. because point on enculturation and the Christian religion [AINT] working. Is not that I don't understand it, is because you Wrong.

:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#498375 Mar 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Even what you have just written should prove to you that Yah was NOT the supreme creator. Rather, an imposter...and a very imperfect non-deity...one who hates more than loves... If you read closely and pay attention to all that Jesus said, you will know.
~~~~grin~~~

No. But I can see how you could conclude that. I will elaborate on this later.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#498376 Mar 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Its because the Christian Religion is his Master and he is a Slave.
And that isn't a red flag to you? You should probably shun and oppose slave masters, not glory in them.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#498378 Mar 5, 2013

Bronski Beat - Hit That Perfect Beat
The nost gayish song I ever heared. Elton Johns favorite anal song

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498379 Mar 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>What you believe to be myth, is none of my business.
Chess is here repeating himself now... LOL

Hi Tri :-)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498380 Mar 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>If God isn't REAL,then why is the earth FILLED with BILLIONS and BILLIONS of human beings and animals in MALE and FEMALE?? Would your head you'd be scratchin' while your thoughts were busy hatchin' if you only had a brain?
Hey Doc, you're preaching to the choir here :-)
Adam

#498381 Mar 5, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

The nost gayish song I ever heared. Ricks favorite .... song
Adam

#498382 Mar 5, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

The most gayish song I ever heared. Ricks favorite .... song

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498383 Mar 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Even what you have just written should prove to you that Yah was NOT the supreme creator. Rather, an imposter...and a very imperfect non-deity...one who hates more than loves... If you read closely and pay attention to all that Jesus said, you will know.
A teary realisation that..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Brian_G 971,697
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Just Think 646,635
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min Aura Mytha 48,757
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 45 min Brian_G 445,723
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,695
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Voyeur 38,756
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web