:-)
It also covers Chins.

Can the Bible do that?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#498342 Mar 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
a church that marginalizes people and teaches others to hate doesn't deserve to continue existing.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then help locate those particular churches and work on getting them shut down. Since you're so opposed to freedom of thought.
Your suggestion makes no sense.

For starters, I'm not trying to shut down churches. I'm hoping people will see its hypocrisy and abandon the church.

Second, why would I do that even if it were practical? Much of the church's teaching goes on elsewhere. Homophobes and atheophobes are not created only in pews on Sunday mornings.

When Sarah Palin says, "We should create law based on the god of the bible," she is not doing it from a church building on Sunday morning.

When Rick Santorum says, "Our civil laws have to comport with a higher law, god's law," he is doing so on television, not from a church pulpit.

When Newt Gingrich says, "How can I trust you with power if you don't pray," he needs no church building either, just cameras and the media.

When Pat Robertson blames unbelievers for 911 and the Haitian earthquakes, you don't have to be in The First Baptist church to hear it. It's coming down from satellites in low earth orbit.

When Mike Huckabee blames the Connecticut shootings on secularists for removing prayer from schools, he doesn't need a church building.

All of that is also the church.

Shutting down individual churches does nothing for any of it. What we need is for the church in all of its protean manifestations to be discredited and ignored. What we need is for the church's values to be discredited and rejected, and for the words of people like Palin, Gingrich, Robertson and Huckabee to be ridiculed and rejected.

Although you keep exhorting me to refocus my attention on them, I really don't care about individual congregations at all. Go on going to your church if that's what you like.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#498343 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
YHWH can't be a she, because YHWH was married to Asherah, back when the Hebrews were polytheistic.
:)
Back when called himself El. Somewhere before crushing on Yud'Mosse he came out of the closet, divorced his 'front' and changed his name to YHWY.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498344 Mar 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aborigine, Juicy? They have a better religion than Christianity. I'm a big fan of Dreamtime Snake, whom I reference frequently (353 hits) http://snipurl.com/26jbpni
No Teddy, I'm not Australian at all and do not follow the Dream Time. But the Aborigines did a great job looking after the land before white supremacy arrived to kill and pollute everything.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#498345 Mar 5, 2013
Salomons temple

Many of the demons in Solomon's encounters are of Greek, Jewish, Christian, Arabic, and other traditions. Most of the rest of the work contains Solomon's interviews with the demons, some of whom are quite grotesque, including one in the shape of a dog and another who has no head and sees through its breasts. Two demons associated strongly with sexuality appear amongst them - Asmodeus from the Book of Tobit, and a female demon named Obyzouth, identical to Lilith in all but name, including the strangling of newborn children. Most of the other demons are otherwise unknown by name from other works. The demon Abezethibou is said to have hardened pharaoh's heart, and not God.

Fennario

#498346 Mar 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is painful...
This man went on to talk about his own life...it is painful...
The video spoke volumes...it was painful...
To read the words that have been written here by some...it was painful...
To know that a child would take their life because of cruel words...is painful.
My son was 5 when his father took his life. All of these years I have sheltered my son from knowing that his father's father did the same. I did not want him thinking that he too should do the same.
When my son sat down and talked to me about what he went through admitting to himself that he was gay...it was painful. Part of his story was that he considered suicide.
It is still painful for me to think about.
I have always said...letters form words...words form the art of our souls...
Some peoples art...it is painful.
I am sorry IANS...I words are scattered this morning...I rewatched the video...it was painful.
So much pain, all of it unnecessary. I'm so sorry for the pain caused your family.

Nobody has identified a second source for all of this pain in Western culture apart from the doctrine of the Christian church. If that is correct, it is reason enough to want to see that parasite crippled and silenced.

People can worship a god if they like without the Christian church spreading its vile values. That is the distinction between private religion, which is probably harmless, and mass indoctrination through political influence and the media, which is definitely not.

And that is why individual Christians are not the problem nor my enemies. It's their church.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#498347 Mar 5, 2013
Angel9999 wrote:
Sins......LMAO!
There are forty-two death-penalty sins in the Old Testament:
They left one out...farting at the table
Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.
Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.
Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.
Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.
Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.
Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.
Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.
Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.
Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.
Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.
Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.
Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.
Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.
Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.
Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.
Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.
Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.
Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.
Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.
Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.
Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.
Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.
Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.
Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.
Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.
Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.
Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.
Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.
Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.
Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.
Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.
Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.
Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.
Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.
Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.
False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.
Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.
Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.
Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.
Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.
Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.
False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.
You can't tell the difference between exile and execute ?

Are you stupid, dishonest or a C&P theif ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#498348 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, wouldn't ALL humans be direct descendants of Adam?
Not very bright, is he ?
Adam

#498349 Mar 5, 2013
Note: The following is a brief narrative of Solomon from the Quran and Islamic tradition
Muslims believe that Solomon inherited the throne when David died and became the third King of Israel. He was the successor to his father as both king as well as prophet to the Children of Israel. From the day of his birth, God bestowed many gifts upon Solomon, as He had upon David. Solomon had shown signs of his God-given wisdom even as a youth. In the earliest narrative involving Solomon in the Quran, the Quran says that Solomon was once in the company of his father, when two men came to ask David to judge between them.[7] The first of the two men said that he owned a vineyard of which he took great care the whole year through. But one day when he was absent the other man's sheep had strayed into the vineyard and devoured the grapes. He asked to be compensated for this damage.[8] Upon hearing the man's complaint, Solomon suggested that the owner of the sheep take the other man's vineyard to repair and cultivate until the vines returned to their former state, whereupon he should return it to its owner. At the same time, the owner of the vineyard would care for the sheep and benefit from their wool and milk until his land was returned to him, at which point he would return the sheep to their owner. Solomon's level of judgement, which the Quran says in this particular incident surpassed that of David,[9] would characterize Solomon throughout his life. Wisdom, according to Muslim tradition, would always be associated with Solomon, who would later even be referred to as 'Solomon the Wise'.
When Solomon inherited the position of king over Israel, he prayed to God to grant him a kingdom which would be greater than that of any after him.[10] God accepted Solomon's prayer and gave him what he pleased. It was at this stage that Solomon began to acquire the many gifts that God would bestow upon him throughout his life. The Quran narrates that the wind was made subservient to Solomon,[2] and he could control it of his own will, and that the jinn also came under Solomon's control. The jinn helped strengthen Solomon's reign, building for him monuments, houses of worship, artwork, and reservoirs.[11] God also caused a miraculous spring of tar to flow for Solomon, inevitably to be used by the jinn in their construction.[2] Solomon was even taught the languages of various animals,
The Queen of Sheba
in particular all the birds. The Quran recounts that, one day, Solomon and his army entered a valley, where there were many ant colonies. On seeing Solomon and his army, one of the ants warned all the others to "...get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."[12] Immediately understanding what the ant said, Solomon, as always, prayed to God, thanking Him for bestowing upon him such gifts[13] and further avoided trampling over the ant colonies.[14] Solomon's wisdom, however, was yet another of the gifts he received from God, and Muslims strongly maintain that Solomon never forgot his daily prayer, which, to him, was more important than any of his gifts.
Another important aspect of Solomon's kingship was the size of his army, which consisted of both men and jinn. Solomon would frequently assess his troops and warriors as well as the jinn and all the animals who worked under him. One day, when inspecting his troops, Solomon found the hoopoe missing from the assembly.
Adam

#498350 Mar 5, 2013
[15] Shortly later, the hoopoe, however, arrived to Solomon's court, saying "I have compassed (territory) which thou hast not compassed, and I have come to thee from Saba with tidings true..[16] Thus, the hoopoe informed Solomon about the kingdom of Sheba. He further told Solomon that the people of Sheba worshiped the sun, but that the woman who ruled the kingdom was highly intelligent and powerful. Solomon, who listened closely, chose to write a letter to the land of Sheba, through which he would try to convince the people of Sheba to cease in worshiping the sun and to come to the worship of God. Solomon ordered the hoopoe to give the letter to the Queen of Sheba, but to hide and observe her reaction.[17] The hoopoe accepted Solomon's orders and flew to give the letter to the Queen of Sheba.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#498351 Mar 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisdom.
AKA Sophia.
Adam

#498353 Mar 5, 2013
According to the Quran, the death of Solomon was a lesson to be learned,

Then, when We decreed (Solomon's) death, nothing showed them his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his staff: so when he fell down, the Jinns(demons) saw plainly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have tarried in the humiliating Penalty (of their Task).
—Quran, sura 34 (Saba), ayah 14[18]

When Solomon was to die, he stood up in prayer holding his cane. There he silently died, but, by God's will, did not fall. He remained in this position, and everyone including the jinns thought that he was still alive. Finally God ordered a termite to weaken the cane so that the body of Solomon fell. It was thereafter believed that the jinn (along with all humans) did not know everything and only God had knowledge of all.
Adam

#498354 Mar 5, 2013
I love all prophets. I started to do research about King and prophet Salomon the son of King and prophet David. It is said he was able to speak with animals and demons.Verily an interesting Person

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#498356 Mar 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Washington state is obviously governed by some very immoral people. Legal pot and having sex with animals is legal. UNREAL.
Are you serious? Have you seen this?

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/...

Sure, there's no God and the Bible is a lie....

O_O

You should like this Teddy!
Adam

#498357 Mar 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Washington state is obviously governed by some very immoral people. Legal pot and having sex with animals is legal. UNREAL.
After the gay debate now this? Sex with animal? Only shame no pride
Adam

#498358 Mar 5, 2013
What of all the creatures, did these parasites comes to animals and leave their wives the Lord has created for them?

If america accepts the queers, then this will be next.

Fennario

#498359 Mar 5, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And for the record, I find "Black" jokes just as humorous as "gay" jokes.
I have one for you - pretty funny unless you're offended - but I'm a little embarrassed to tell it. I need permission from a black poster to tell this joke.
mike

AOL

#498360 Mar 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> It's not a cop-out answer, it's just that I follow God's spirit and not what YOU want me to do, that's all, you are not by any means qualified to speak for what God wants me or anyone else to do so please don't try to take that position, you do not even have enough to believe on God for salvation yet at this point in your life.
And giving testimony to God for what he has done for us is a form of worshipping him in spirit and in truth just as in praise, song, prayer and total obedience to his Word.
Thanks

You expressed what you felt a GOD has done for you, I know a GOD didn't do anything for you. I asked you to ask your GOD to back up your claim. I didn't ask for a testimony, I perfer self-evidence. Your great-swelling words has nothing to do with a GOD, you were talking to me, you were not worshipping your GOD.

Do you understand you don't have salvation at this time?
"Total" obedience, if that were true your GOD would "take you up".

Typical of professing christians, always full of "great swelling words", if you don't mind, "show me the money".

Fennario

#498361 Mar 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I could be a grandpa before I'm 50.... I'm trying, I'm trying.
That's more than just a bit off putting. I'm shuddering while thinking about what that meant.
mike

AOL

#498362 Mar 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh ~ welcome priveleged one :)
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min MUQ2 44,343
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min It aint necessari... 38,092
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Steve III 641,497
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 42 min Paul is dead 4,111
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min AussieBobby 104,661
Do you want to earn $0,00025 from each your web... 57 min AussieBobby 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Brian_G 969,957
More from around the web