“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#498232 Mar 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey. How'd you get my picture?
When you were sleeping, I snuck it and some change for the bus. And one or two cigarettes.

Thanks!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498233 Mar 4, 2013
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers for thereby some have entertained angels unware.
Hebrews 13:2

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#498234 Mar 4, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
115 Volts is plug into your outlet?
also for sure your get light and reflection of own projections?
please?my child, take shower,eat mama milk and go take nap or poop?
Take a deep breath, step away from your keyboard, and wait until you have something intelligent to post.

I'm sure that's hard for you, but it's in your best interest.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#498237 Mar 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When you were sleeping, I snuck it and some change for the bus. And one or two cigarettes.
Thanks!
Then why did it say Saturday on the BACK of my underware when I woke up on Sunday morning?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#498240 Mar 4, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You never grow among inteligent responders?
church made you all your life stupid?
dr shrink never ask his clients,to tell him THANK YOU?you
"inteligent goof"
Put the booze down.

It's not your friend.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498241 Mar 4, 2013
And this word Yet once more signifieth and the removing of thoses things that are shaken as of the things that are made that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.Hebrew 12:27

Wherefore we recieving a kingdom which cannot be moved,let us have grace whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
Hebrews 12:28

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498242 Mar 4, 2013
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith of our faith.Who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross of despising the shame and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday and to day and for ever.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#498244 Mar 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you writing read like you very angry,,that not healthy. the writers of the bible, actually knew the earth was a circle, not flat. its right in the bible writer just google
[bible says earth is circle] and the bible verse will come up.
bible hold lots of knowledge. you just need to figure out who you angry at.
You writing read like you very uneducated,,that not healthy. the writers of the bible, actually were uneducated goatherders. its true writer no google necessary. bible nasty. I not angry at nobody writer.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498246 Mar 4, 2013
For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands which are figures of the true;but into heaven itself now to appear in the prsence of God for us.
mike

AOL

#498248 Mar 4, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking Lawest for money?
Hello

Yes!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#498250 Mar 4, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
it is easy to respond in one possible inteligent to you respopnd
just FART mixed with rivera france perfumes allowing you to take deep breath, more air flown to your brain,allowing sick mental spiritual disease to reduce amount of your own earthly stupidity?
never try play chess with PREDESTINED KINGS OF INFINITE REALM?
At first before start,try to eat all chess figurines,and start judge your own mind and diagestion system,if you are able to handle this not so easy task for you Do Do Plum?
Now what'd I just tell you about drinking and posting?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#498251 Mar 4, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you never were invited to the Shrink divine table,
also clean your own alcoholic urines under own table at first?
Please refer to my last reply.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#498252 Mar 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did it say Saturday on the BACK of my underware when I woke up on Sunday morning?
Look, just don't prosecute, ok? Then maybe, just maybe we'll have another nice nite :)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#498253 Mar 4, 2013
A Worldview, by TwB.

I have a worldview. It doesn't have a name. I have a system of values. It doesn't have a name either. My values are pretty simple. They are preferential statements like, "All else being equal, it is better to not kill than to kill." So I have a lot of these basic and simple values. That isn't enough to decide what I should do in a given situation.

I need to calculate priorities for my values. To do these calculations, I need knowledge. For that I rely on rational skepticism. That helps me determine what to accept as the best representation of reality. I want to have the best quality information that I can get before making a decision. I factor in how I know something to determine if the quality of my way of knowing might affect the quality of my decisions. Many times it does. Acting on a wild guess is less responsible than acting on independently verified empirical evidence.

A big part of my worldview is recognizing errors. I'm not just looking for errors outside my worldview. I'm looking inside it too. I don't want to act on an error if I can avoid it. I don't attach a lot of value to the person I was yesterday. I can't be tied down to things I used to think, if I want to progress beyond my previous self. That doesn't mean I don't hold myself accountable or responsible for mistakes of the past, but I don't let those mistakes trap me. One of my basic values is, "All else being equal, it is better to know something than to not know something." I'd rather know I was wrong than to continue making decisions on bad information or by using faulty methodologies.

Something very important to my worldview is empathy. It's pretty much the foundation of it. Human nature and the human condition are constantly stimulating our brains to pay less attention to empathy. To ensure our own survival, we sometimes prioritize ourselves above others. I consider it an important task to be aware of that. Being aware of my underlying motivations allows me to evaluate them, to figure out if my instincts are betraying my values. It happens frequently.

I doubt I could ever articulate an ideology that other people could follow. My worldview is always under construction. If you present me with the same dilemma now and next week, you can expect two different responses, the second being a little better, I would hope.

Brains are just complex computers. The better you understand your computer, the more you can do with it. We can look for and eliminate errors. We can become more efficient at achieving our goals. We can become more compatible with each other. We can't really expect to do any of that if we don't understand, at least in an intuitive way, how our brains work.

My worldview may not have a name, but it doesn't need one. It's mine. Everyone has one, and they're all unique. We're both all alone and all together in this existence. Here comes the corny part. Let's try to make the best of it.

Thank you for reading.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#498254 Mar 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, just don't prosecute, ok? Then maybe, just maybe we'll have another nice nite :)
I was in court for a trial a couple of weeks ago.

The prospective jurors came into the courtroom for voir dire (questioning to determine if they are qualified/impartial and can serve).

One guy was wearing a shirt with one word written in the front, in huge bold letters.

It read: GUILTY

He was not selected as a juror.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#498255 Mar 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
A Worldview, by TwB.
I have a worldview. It doesn't have a name. I have a system of values. It doesn't have a name either. My values are pretty simple. They are preferential statements like, "All else being equal, it is better to not kill than to kill." So I have a lot of these basic and simple values. That isn't enough to decide what I should do in a given situation.
I need to calculate priorities for my values. To do these calculations, I need knowledge. For that I rely on rational skepticism. That helps me determine what to accept as the best representation of reality. I want to have the best quality information that I can get before making a decision. I factor in how I know something to determine if the quality of my way of knowing might affect the quality of my decisions. Many times it does. Acting on a wild guess is less responsible than acting on independently verified empirical evidence.
A big part of my worldview is recognizing errors. I'm not just looking for errors outside my worldview. I'm looking inside it too. I don't want to act on an error if I can avoid it. I don't attach a lot of value to the person I was yesterday. I can't be tied down to things I used to think, if I want to progress beyond my previous self. That doesn't mean I don't hold myself accountable or responsible for mistakes of the past, but I don't let those mistakes trap me. One of my basic values is, "All else being equal, it is better to know something than to not know something." I'd rather know I was wrong than to continue making decisions on bad information or by using faulty methodologies.
Something very important to my worldview is empathy. It's pretty much the foundation of it. Human nature and the human condition are constantly stimulating our brains to pay less attention to empathy. To ensure our own survival, we sometimes prioritize ourselves above others. I consider it an important task to be aware of that. Being aware of my underlying motivations allows me to evaluate them, to figure out if my instincts are betraying my values. It happens frequently.
I doubt I could ever articulate an ideology that other people could follow. My worldview is always under construction. If you present me with the same dilemma now and next week, you can expect two different responses, the second being a little better, I would hope.
Brains are just complex computers. The better you understand your computer, the more you can do with it. We can look for and eliminate errors. We can become more efficient at achieving our goals. We can become more compatible with each other. We can't really expect to do any of that if we don't understand, at least in an intuitive way, how our brains work.
My worldview may not have a name, but it doesn't need one. It's mine. Everyone has one, and they're all unique. We're both all alone and all together in this existence. Here comes the corny part. Let's try to make the best of it.
Thank you for reading.
Very good, Tide.

Empathy is the cornerstone of a moral system.

The golden rule is the epitome of empathy.

It is built into (most of) us, part of our hardwiring, developed by the process of evolution.

A "higher power" is not required.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#498258 Mar 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, just don't prosecute, ok? Then maybe, just maybe we'll have another nice nite :)
I wasn't really wearing underware. You know the two cigarettes were just a lure, right?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#498259 Mar 4, 2013
Locusts

The eighth plague on Egypt was an incredible swarm of locusts and the book of Joel and Revelation depict locut as God's instruments of judgment.Even in modern times,swarms of locusts have darkened the skies and devasted areas up to four hundred square miles.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#498260 Mar 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in court for a trial a couple of weeks ago.
The prospective jurors came into the courtroom for voir dire (questioning to determine if they are qualified/impartial and can serve).
One guy was wearing a shirt with one word written in the front, in huge bold letters.
It read: GUILTY
He was not selected as a juror.
He figured out how to be not selected. Smart!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#498261 Mar 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He figured out how to be not selected. Smart!
Oh, no.

He got a talkin' to, had to return the next day with appropriate attire.

He could have been cited for contempt of court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 4 min Blond blue 225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 796,128
Bush, First Lady Lay Wreaths At Ground Zero (Sep '06) 16 min swedenforever 63
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 17 min Ruby88 53,284
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 25 min Tony17 5,429
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min onemale 267,527
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 38 min eyeful 26
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 568,404
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr Make World peace ... 607
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr AN NFL FAN 120,750
More from around the web