Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#498071 Mar 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
This is poor and absent proper understanding.
I believe you can do much better, but you won't. That is quite dismal.
CS.
Not as poor as your non-existent rebuttal.

XD

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#498072 Mar 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Abandon all hope, pal.
You have have been dispossessed of this thread.
You have become the outsider. Enjoy.
As is best for everyone.
Having a great day here, your usual bs not notwithstanding. He won't listen to you as he knows who your father is. So do I. Hope is for anyone that puts trust in the Lord. We are redeemed of the Lord and will say so.

San Francisco

#498073 Mar 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Careful what you ask for. The Lord is patient, soon enough this world reap what it has sowed.
A perfect deity makes an imperfect creation, and then blames the creation for it's imperfection, and punishes them for it. Yeah, makes alot of sense.

San Francisco

#498074 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He needs a wife for that, dude....
God has a wife: Asherah.

Clearwater, FL

#498075 Mar 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection.
<quoted text>
Do you deny that you think the church holds no place in modern society and therefore should not have any say publicly about morality?
<quoted text>
I would love to see you try Mr. 1. You haven't the foggiest do you. Protecting people is one thing. Protecting evil and other social ills is another. You will be required to give answers.
<quoted text>
Sorry, I do not believe in gods nor do I believe in idols. Your house and your car or the money you make may all be your gods. It seems like you're setting yourself up for steady doses of scripture. Keep it up, and I may want to make you a project of mine.
:)
Have a nice day.
Counter_Strike: Too little freedom leads to rebellion. Too much freedom is Laxity and causes chaos. We all need boundaries and rules to protect us from ourselves. What are you actually defending?[Quo Vadis]
Wisdom.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#498076 Mar 4, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if you read all of them
you will not find any sense what you posted at all?
it look like your brain is very mentaly disturbed
enough is only one passage from NT.Gal 5;17-21

There are forty-two death-penalty sins in the Old Testament:
They left one out...farting at the table
Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.
Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.
Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.
Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.
Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.
Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.
Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.
Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.
Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.
Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.
Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.
Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.
Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.
Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.
Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.
Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.
Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.
Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.
Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.
Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.
Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.
Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.
Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.
Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.
Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.
Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.
Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.
Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.
Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.
Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.
Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.
Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.
Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.
Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.
Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.
False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.
Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.
Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.
Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.
Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.
Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.
False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.
if you read all of them
you will not find any sense what you posted at all?

it look like your brain is very mentaly disturbed

enough is only one passage from NT.Gal 5;17-21
I don't blame you. I would find a way around outright garbage like the bible is filled with. The only reference in the world for the bible is the bible itself. Written by people so ignorant that they believed in witches and thought the earth was flat.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#498077 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
God has a wife: Asherah.
Are you sure it isn't Athirat?

Your god is Anu?

Either way, Athirat or Asherah need to get ta vacuuming.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#498078 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't even make any sense. The body generates cancer; it's not like a bacterial infection. We'd be constantly utilizing the cure provided every day.
It's spelled c.o.p.o.u.t.

In case you were wondering what your post meant....

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#498079 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know the truth of the matter, it wouldn't bother me to be on an elevator with any, the murderer, the thief, the Christian, or the homosexual.
But that's me.
What if the murderer had killed one of your own? Would you care then?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#498080 Mar 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. You did misunderstand me, bigot.
Apparently, the only way you'll understand my point is if I said that homosexuality was entirely acceptable to me regardless of my beliefs and/or feelings. Well...too bad.
Now, go do what you do. I don't care, either way. How I feel about what you do won't affect you or me, so why make it an issue?
You remind me of some of the "patriotic Americans" I've met throughout my travels. It wasn't written in stone, but they acted like: "I believe every man is entitled to their own opinion...just as long as it coincides with mine."
Yep...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#498081 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never denied free will. You just have reading and comprehension issues. My point was that if God is omniscient, then free will is impossible. You just don't understand that. Or don't want to.
So you saying this equation:

thought x decisions = number of outcomes.

just because God knows the number of outcomes, no matter how many different decisions are made, you're not responsible for the decisions you make that caused the outcome?

Clearwater, FL

#498082 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect deity makes an imperfect creation, and then blames the creation for it's imperfection, and punishes them for it. Yeah, makes alot of sense.
"...the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14-15

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#498083 Mar 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it helps.
Perhaps you'd like to use this opportunity to articulate your beliefs on homosexuality as it pertains to morality.
Do you believe that same gender sexual relations are immoral? If so, why?
If so, is there a rational basis for that belief?
Could you have such a belief without it being part of a religious value system? If so, how? Where would it come from? Again, is there a rational basis for it?
Good luck in getting a rational reply on that set of questions.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#498084 Mar 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
"Thou shalt not suffer a Christian to preach unchallenged."
Oh, booo hooo, poor wittle Cwistins.
Most interesting.
Poor.
But interesting nonetheless.

CS.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#498085 Mar 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>What if the murderer had killed one of your own? Would you care then?
Probably.

Lemme ask you this, since you're adding in ridiculous extra parameters.

Would he be wearing clown shoes?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#498086 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Wilder may be gay, but he certainly isn't evil.
Do you understand that by your constant nagging of homos you're actually doing more harm than good?
You're making yourself seem very homophobic.
You're making us (theists) all look bad.
You need to understand that people come in many different colors & flavors and they are not all going to be just like you.
If you think he's hurting himself, fine. Keep it to yourself. If you think what he's doing is wrong, fine. Keep it to yourself.
Unless a gay person is literally harming you, verbally or physically, shut the fuck up.
I like that last part the best.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#498087 Mar 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you get on your little white pony...yell onward Christians soldiers and just wipe out all the gays and those of us trying to support them?
One reason that you might not want to though is...who would you have to blame then?
This is low and rancid, even by your suddenly poor standards my dear friend who hates me.

I do not have a pony, but I do have a noble steed. And when I ride through the countryside, the peasants cheer me.
Aye, the Christians don't want to like me, but they have no choice because they lack proper and effective leadership.
LOL

Fun and jokes aside Annie. Why can you not love me without being such a bigot against me? Why can't you love me despite my righteous stance and my moral stance? Does this pure part of jme offend you. We have had a love hate relationship for far too long, and I will not have it any longer Annie.

This was funny at one point Annie but I believe there is a glimmer of hope that we could still be friends. And I will not ask you to betray the shabby band of ruffians and brutes that invaded this thread promoting all sorts of lusts and filthy pleasures. I can lay down my sword, if ye be so willing to layeth down your back of bricks and two stones.

What say ye?

Andrew (CS).

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#498088 Mar 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I like that last part the best.
Thanks.

I'm telling you, my tolerance level is goingup by the day.

RR is changing.

...diapers.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#498089 Mar 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Sweet. I want one.
Electric violin, that is
;-p
I want the other one then.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#498090 Mar 4, 2013
[QUOTE who="wilderide" "OK, first, how funny is that last one? Beavis and Butthead would giggle for hours over it.[/QUOTE]Yeah, they would.
wilderide wrote:
But anyway, nowhere in any of that am I getting that circumcision is about separation from lust. Secondly, only men get circumcised. What about the ladies? Don't they count? This is just another example of how misogynistic Hebrew culture was. Anyway, kinda difficult to argue that circumcision means something to all humans when it only applies to half of them to begin with.
First, consider that the command was first given to remove the foreskin from the penis. Then, "God" said to circumcise the heart. Put two and two together.
wilderide wrote:
So your argument is that God found it unnecessary to make clear that little detail? Come on. If God is going to inspire a prophesy that the entire religion is founded on, don't you think it would have been accurate? You are essentially saying that Christians understand Hebrew holy scripture better than those who were God-inspired and wrote it themselves. That's a rather weak argument, don't you think?
Many of the priesthood was aware of the prophecy, but pride was the problem. By the time our anointed Savior came, they believed his death was unnecessary because they believed they were already righteous. In addition, they considered themselves the rightful heirs of the promises made to Abraham regardless of their actual spiritual state. As far as the priesthood was concerned, the Messiah was only coming to fulfill the prophecies concerning the kingdom being established. Nothing else was necessary.
wilderide wrote:
Huh? Where are you sourcing this idea that the Hebrew word for "nakedness" refers to a female spouse? That is not supported in Hebrew scripture or linguistics at all.
Leviticus 20:11
And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
wilderide wrote:
Well, obviously, if interaction with fallible humans is necessary to fulfill something, then that process is also fallible, and so is the entity which set it in motion.
I can only imagine your thoughts on watches that have to be wound and the people that invented them. And you must not think to highly of those that made it necessary to use pedals and a steering wheel in order to drive.
wilderide wrote:
If your deity is not omniscient, then it necessarily can't be omnipotent either. And if it's not omnipotent, then it's not a fait accomplis that this deity's predictions, or even intentions, will all come to pass.
That's why intervention is necessary. To make sure they come to pass.
wilderide wrote:
There still is, so that would seem to contradict your idea that God didn't/doesn't want anyone to perish.
It's not "God's" fault that people refuse to learn righteousness and live accordingly.
wilderide wrote:
But anyway, John 5:28 seems to greatly diminish the role of Jesus in Christianity. All he did was suffer in order to buy humans time. Problem is that then Jesus never saved anyone.
While we're still on this side of the kingdom, our ultimate salvation is still a future hope.
wilderide wrote:
On the other hand, I do applaud the idea of personal responsibility implied here. I've always found the idea that a sacrificial lamb took away all responsibility for people's actions to be morally repugnant. It's like a green-light to misbehave. All you have to do is be sorry later.
And that's the problem with Christendom's interpretations of what's written. All will be held responsible for self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 56,365
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min guest 650,731
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 58 min Mila 172
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 45,004
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,937
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr ImFree2Choose 2,359
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 3 hr Johnny 768
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr X Pendable 182,982
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Hangman 971,894
More from around the web