“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#497920 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The trolls here are offensive, even to someone like me that claims the power of unoffensability...
We, theists and atheists, need to band together in one common cause, well maybe two.
Bash the trolls.
Drink the beer.
We can do it!
Agreed.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497921 Mar 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Why would that matter? Would you only care if it were equal?
I am amazed at all of the black Christian homophobes on this thread.
I have empathy for the plight of both- gays and blacks. But on an individual level, I can't feel anything positive for a homophobe, even a black one.
Now, you're going to respond to me?

Nothing to say in regards to my questions about the Washington Monument, or George Washington being portrayed as Zeus. But, now, you'll respond to me.

You're cause just as much amazement, my friend.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#497922 Mar 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>[I <3 you Bro :-)]whatever that mean it make me feel good, so I claim it LOL.

I know what you mean.. People, in the name of Christianity, really do some awful awful things. Just look at the klu klux klan, they no have anything to with Jesus. or go back and read up on the second Crusades. Those was some murderous and bloody people.

Or you can look on this billboard and conclude that many Christians are here, but not all are Jesus followers. So I understand the stigma the name [Christian] is to many people in the world. George Bush was a outspoken Christian and now it look like they invade iraq under a lie, and they knew it was a lie. that distressing.

But Christianity do a lot of good to. Most charitable agencies are Christian or started by. Most of the colleges and universities in the U.S, started by Christians. Many scientists were and today Christians, and on and on.

So I understand why you would not want to be called a Christian, and you have legitimate reasons to want to dis-associate from the Christian name.

But....the good the Christian Religion do, in my estimation, out do the bad. So although I see my self as a Jesus Follower, or someone belonging to the Body of Jesus Christ, the name [Christian] I can take it or leave it. But I understand why you deny it and support you.
It was an experiment of sorts... I just don't think about labels that much... I am a Follower of Jesus as well, I just have my silly moments like anyone else and sometimes people are very hurtful.. You're right, our local churches do so much for the community, food parcels for poor families, volunteers after the floods and lots of other things.. It's a bit hard to take some people seriously here :D

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#497923 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I know you're gay and I know you're having problems with society and I'm on your side in whatever way I can be.
But the plight of gays is in no way near the plight of blacks.
If you convince yourself otherwise, you're ignoring hisotry and putting gays on a pedestal they don't deserve to be on.
Isn't the whole point no one deserves to be put on a pedestal, and no one deserves to be placed in a gutter, either?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497924 Mar 4, 2013
*You cause...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#497925 Mar 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation," said Messiah.
Well, that just contradicts all the NT passages which state that one is saved by faith alone. Unless you are a woman, in which case, according to Paul, you are saved by having babies (pity the woman born barren I guess).

But anyway, John 5:28 seems to greatly diminish the role of Jesus in Christianity. All he did was suffer in order to buy humans time. Problem is that then Jesus never saved anyone.

On the other hand, I do applaud the idea of personal responsibility implied here. I've always found the idea that a sacrificial lamb took away all responsibility for people's actions to be morally repugnant. It's like a green-light to misbehave. All you have to do is be sorry later.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#497926 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Is being obsessed with gayness a sin too then? Better start with the repenting Adam!
Canīt do this. Sorry Iam not gay. I love girls.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#497927 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So your argument is that God found it unnecessary to make clear that little detail? Come on. If God is going to inspire a prophesy that the entire religion is founded on, don't you think it would have been accurate? You are essentially saying that Christians understand Hebrew holy scripture better than those who were God-inspired and wrote it themselves. That's a rather weak argument, don't you think?
They don't realize that Jesus was a Jew. He spoke like a Jew, believed like a Jew, lived as a Jew and died as a Jew.

Christianity has never understood a single thing about Jesus in more than 1700 years. That is why they need Paul and all the pagan myths about Jesus. They don't believe in Jesus, they believe in a Pagan mythology.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#497928 Mar 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
Everything gay even slightly is evil.
OK. You're evil.

So what.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#497929 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Lemme ask ya - What would "the church" be without Christians?
<quoted text>
Exactly. "The church" IS Christians.
The Church is an Institution, The Church is a doctrine, The Church is contained in the bible. Many components make up "The Church", not only people.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#497930 Mar 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>...says the agnostic.
You've chosen the "coward's" position.
Your belief in "God" is based on fear. You don't believe in any of the gods defined in recorded history, but you'll believe in your own version of "God" just in case...just in case what you perceive as mythical are true.
1. I am not an agnostic.
2. I am not afraid of God.
3. I am not afraid of death.
4. I am not afraid of you and your opinions.
5. You are still a moron.
6. "Bible God" is a fictional character in a book.

San Francisco

#497931 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
As to Adam's "sin" that is a whole story unto itself. God places two people the equivalent of infants in a garden and puts two forbidden trees right in front of them and then leaves them alone? That's worse than leaving a toddler in a backyard with an unfenced pool. At a minimum God was a pretty bad caretaker, at worse an intentional trickster. And what was this grave "sin"? Acquiring the knowledge of good and evil. I mean, what is so horrific about that?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>1) Only the proverbial "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" was forbidden. Apparently, the "evil" was autonomy.
2) They weren't "infantile."
I think saying that the evil was Adam's and Eve's (mostly Eve) autonomy is more troubling than the idea that the evil was to acquire knowledge. What you are suggesting here is that God intended humans to be obedient robots. And even worse, that the presumed return to grace is to become obedient robots again.

As to being infantile, I think they were. If Adam and Eve presumably could not discern between good and evil before eating from the tree, then how could they be otherwise but completely naive? In fact, how could they have known that doing what God said not to do would be wrong? They did not know right from wrong yet. Which is why they relied entirely on God to caretake them, and in this story, He completely failed at that, or worse, intentionally set them up to fail.

San Francisco

#497932 Mar 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Canīt do this. Sorry Iam not gay. I love girls.
If you can't stop obsessing about gay people, then what you need isn't girls, but a therapist. BTW, few girls find guys who are preoccupied with the imagined sex-lives of total strangers sexy. Just sayin. Seek help Adam.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#497933 Mar 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
Everything gay even slightly is evil.
You're wrong, bucko.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#497934 Mar 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times I explain it to you, it's just not going to get in. I get that.
You're not responding to what I wrote, but some bizarre misunderstanding that you've created all yourself. My poor words, so twisted and misshapen. Oh, how I weep for them.
Or here is another explanation. Your mental comfort zone that you walk around with everyday, that the Christian God Jesus Christ is just like any other of the hundreds of gods from other religions out there due to the process of enculturation, that mental comfort zone is threatened by my writings?

of course you will deny.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497935 Mar 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...I didn't think about last night, but upon waking up this morning, that was one of the first thought that entered my head. And you're right. It was a unnecessary stereotype and apologize for saying it. The funny thing, to me, is that I didn't mean to say anything about a homosexual's strength. Actually, I was picturing gay men complaining about their appearance while being hauled off in chains. I was picturing them complaining about broken nails, messed up hair, so forth and so on. I mean, you might not find that funny, but I'm sure most comedians would. I'm sure, because many, including Robin Williams, have made similar jokes. And for the record, I find "Black" jokes just as humorous as "gay" jokes. I forgot who said it, but some comedian was quoted as saying, to paraphrase, "Stereotypes are a necessary season to comedy," or something like that.
That's cool and you know, the only reason slave owners went with the Africans over the homosexuals is because they valued the cotton production above the fabulous hairstyles and living room designs.

I like jokes too.

:-)

San Francisco

#497936 Mar 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't realize that Jesus was a Jew. He spoke like a Jew, believed like a Jew, lived as a Jew and died as a Jew.
Christianity has never understood a single thing about Jesus in more than 1700 years. That is why they need Paul and all the pagan myths about Jesus. They don't believe in Jesus, they believe in a Pagan mythology.
An imperfect Jew who violated the Commandment of working on the Sabbath!

:D

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#497937 Mar 4, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
USEDD TO BE KNIFES ILLEGAL,only they hanged wood made knife in the middle of peasnt japanish vilages.
Guns also are illegal in USA
your brain also doesn't have LEGALITY,to bamble crap and nonsesnes making jokes about guys like you educations?
"Guns also are illegal in USA"

Care to explain that, Herr Doktor?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#497938 Mar 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Stealing is a sin. The wages of sin is death.
If you really believed that meant that men should kill sinners then you would kill yourself.

You are a good example of how you want to use the Bible to justify murdering people you hate but when the same condemns you, you become a lying, coward.

According to the Bible, any one who eats pork is just as much a sinner as amurderer, theif, adulterer and homosexual.

Get the damn tree out of your eye you god forsaken hypocrite.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#497939 Mar 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Droppin' loads!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SD9BFzQpibcXX
Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min bacon hater 774,132
INDESIT MASLAK ) Servis 299 I5 34 indesit Servi... 20 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min Lyndi 175,563
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Charlie Sheen 265,024
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min USA Born 559,063
EMIRGAN indesit Beyaz Esya 299 I5 34 Servisi is... 55 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
istinye indesit SERVISI TELEFON 299 I5 34 Yenik... 1 hr hizmetlerimizservis 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Barnsweb 441,758
More from around the web