Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497659 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There you go again...
Lemme ask ya - What would "the church" be without Christians?
Like feudalism without lords, vassals and serfs - just a bad idea.

Like the Viking church without Vikings - extinct, unless revived again some day in a new human repository.

Fennario

#497660 Mar 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Don't bother trying to understand any more. It's not an idea for you. You don't have what it takes to understand it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There it is! The ole atheist cop-out "You just don't understand"
Cop out?

You don't understand, and you seem to be unable to. I won't be explaining it to you without limit. What's the point? There is nothing more to say that what I have.

Eventually, I have to tell you what I just did - it's not an idea for you.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497661 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Sure, I'm up for it.
Here's a video with Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins discussing morality and science.

Harris is proposing a framework or foundation for a scientific approach to considering morality.

What I'd like to focus on is comparison.

I think we can get into comparing subjective value systems by appealing to shared base priorities. We can ask questions like, "Which value system better serves the priority of tolerance?"

I'm just thinking out loud at this point.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497662 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
You have no idea what I'm about.
I don't care what you're about. I know what I'm about. But, that's in my past, so...
scaritual wrote:
And yeah, I do have an agenda, and that agenda is for all people to live as they can and like and should.
Interesting, because that's how I believe. I mean, I might share what the bible says is acceptable and unacceptable, but that's as far as it goes. If you reject what I share, then so, be it. In this case, all I did was defend Black people. Apparently, you got offended by that.
scaritual wrote:
As far as that big talk?
pfffft.
Walk that on.
No "big talk," at all. This is the internet. I've always hated "turtle shell muscles." In the "hood," that's when you talk crap while either, your window's rolled up, or you're driving away. There's nothing good in that.
scaritual wrote:
Next thing you know you'll be tossin an address and wanting to "meet me"...hahaa.
Nothing worse than internet thugs and heroes.
Actually, I'd ask for a location from you and I'd meet you. In the meantime, I wouldn't bother, either way. You'd be a waste of time.

I know this.

That whole "hahaa" would become a wishful thought. And do you know what's worse than an internet thug and hero? The anonymous poster that has enough confidence,on the internet, that allows them to defy those that they wouldn't even think of running their mouths off to if they were in the presence of their opposition. In the meantime, I can only hope we're both too mature for such nonsense.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#497663 Mar 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And that's what I meant when I said that I prefer peace before hating homosexuals?
<quoted text>Well, that's because you've got nothing better to do. In the meantime, I'd search them out before I did homosexuals.
<quoted text>Who compared homosexuals to murderers and thieves? Didn't my example prove that I accept homosexuals before the others? So, what are you talking about?
<quoted text>My religion is Mashiyachiym. Tell me about my religion, please and if you will.
<quoted text>Can you call it hiding if I openly express the beliefs and feelings that derive from the same religious book?
<quoted text>You are so clever. Ever think of going on the road with that material?
All of this because I defended Black people. Hm. Interesting.
ALL OF THIS BECAUSE I DEFENDED BLACK PEOPLE.
uh huh

Any religion that denigrates and classifies another person as being less than another human, based upon an innate part of themselves that is no more able to be changed than you being black(and we can forget all that crap about it being a choice, cause you know it ain't) isn't worth following, and it certainly isn't worth acknowledging as possessing any moral superiority or touted as being beneficial to Humanity and improving the human condition.

You've chosen to follow it yourself, and I wouldn't take away your right to follow it, I don't want to, but don't expect me to respect it just because it's your religion and belief.

BTW, it had nothing to do with defending black people.

If defending black people means you must offend any "people", then you need to examine what you were defending, and how you defended.

Fennario

#497664 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it, hot stuff!
<quoted text>
Agreed. There's a noticable difference generation to generation. My grandpa was the world's biggest racist & bigot, my dad was less racist but still an intolerant bigot, I'm not racist at all and just very slightly bigoted, my sons are neither...
I think that pattern is happening everywhere, I hope I'm right.
<quoted text>
LOL, that's f_cked up...
Hey, my wife & I saw this commercial last night...
http://youtu.be/AnmDlk6F3d0 (hot girl, black bikini)
...she got all pissed off, saying that gays are "thrown in our face". I actually defended you, I told that commercial was a nice way of easing the gays into society, it's a whole lot better than some fruit loops all girlied up in a parade.....
Remember I was telling you that I think if gays would tone that down a bit, give it time to sink in and be realized by the rest of us, it'd make it easier for people to accept gays?
Good for you! You did the right thing.

Did your wife also complain about the heterosexuality "thrown in our faces" in that commercial? Did you point out the unfairness of her response?

You say that they should "tone that down a bit." That commercial handled the matter as delicately and with as much decorum as possible. The two married men were not kissing, nor even close to one another. They merely existed. How much toning down can you do? If even being seen to exist is throwing homosexuality in our faces, then what your wife is saying, and as Happy Lesbo has noted that others are saying, is that she wants gays to disappear.

Where do you suppose she learned that? Not from you, it sounds. If not your church, which you say doesn't teach homophobia, maybe it was from a childhood church she attended, or from her father, who might have learned it in church.

But back to you: congratulations. What you said is only fair. It's basic to fairness and kindness.

And a church that marginalizes people and teaches others to hate doesn't deserve to continue existing.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#497665 Mar 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care what you're about. I know what I'm about. But, that's in my past, so...
<quoted text>Interesting, because that's how I believe. I mean, I might share what the bible says is acceptable and unacceptable, but that's as far as it goes. If you reject what I share, then so, be it. In this case, all I did was defend Black people. Apparently, you got offended by that.
<quoted text>No "big talk," at all. This is the internet. I've always hated "turtle shell muscles." In the "hood," that's when you talk crap while either, your window's rolled up, or you're driving away. There's nothing good in that.
<quoted text>Actually, I'd ask for a location from you and I'd meet you. In the meantime, I wouldn't bother, either way. You'd be a waste of time.
I know this.
That whole "hahaa" would become a wishful thought. And do you know what's worse than an internet thug and hero? The anonymous poster that has enough confidence,on the internet, that allows them to defy those that they wouldn't even think of running their mouths off to if they were in the presence of their opposition. In the meantime, I can only hope we're both too mature for such nonsense.
You're still on that.

OK, hero. Sure you don't wanna throw up some sign or flash a tat?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497668 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still on that.
OK, hero. Sure you don't wanna throw up some sign or flash a tat?
Another post made by yet another 'victim', yeah right, victim. Got nothing intelligent to say so you decided to show your true colours?
Another lying hypocrite.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#497669 Mar 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a video with Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins discussing morality and science.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eeJrcVhtzYoXX
Harris is proposing a framework or foundation for a scientific approach to considering morality.
What I'd like to focus on is comparison.
I think we can get into comparing subjective value systems by appealing to shared base priorities. We can ask questions like, "Which value system better serves the priority of tolerance?"
I'm just thinking out loud at this point.
I may have seen that, but I'll watch it again.

I'll yell at you probably tomorrow. I've got some things to do in the morning with dropping a few truck loads.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497670 Mar 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Why are you calling her a bigot?
Because I thought it was only fair to refer to her with the same term she referred to me as. Now, are you going to ask her the same question based on the fact that she called me a bigot for saying that although I'm against homosexuality, that I don't believe in showing hatred toward homosexuals? Probably not. But, why should you? I mean, you couldn't do that and risk your reputation in Topix, right?
Tide with Beach wrote:
Do you know what a bigot is?(honest question)
Even if I didn't, how easy would it be for me to Google the definition and post it? Regardless, yes. I know what a bigot is. And I'm not a bigot. But, when someone calls me a bigot only because I share my beliefs and feelings about homosexuals while sharing how I feel appalled at how Christendom treats homosexuals worse than murderers and thieves, or what-have-you? I can't help but think that they might be a bigot, themselves.
Tide with Beach wrote:
It is too bad, for you, and your church.
And what "church" would that be, considering that I'm not a member of any denomination of Christendom?
Tide with Beach wrote:
If you had the good sense to keep those particular untenable beliefs to yourself, you might prolong the golden age of Christianity in America.
I'm not a fan of "Christianity." And why should I keep my beliefs to myself? Don't I have the right to express my beliefs, without prejudice? Am I spewing hate-speech while I express my beliefs? "Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion...as long as they coincide with mine," says that patriot.
Tide with Beach wrote:
You are entitled to your backwards beliefs.
Thank you for the "backwards" comment. "Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion...as long as they coincide with mine," says that patriot.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497671 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
uh huh
Any religion that denigrates and classifies another person as being less than another human, based upon an innate part of themselves that is no more able to be changed than you being black(and we can forget all that crap about it being a choice, cause you know it ain't) isn't worth following, and it certainly isn't worth acknowledging as possessing any moral superiority or touted as being beneficial to Humanity and improving the human condition.
You've chosen to follow it yourself, and I wouldn't take away your right to follow it, I don't want to, but don't expect me to respect it just because it's your religion and belief.
BTW, it had nothing to do with defending black people.
If defending black people means you must offend any "people", then you need to examine what you were defending, and how you defended.
So, which religion do you belong to, that's where you learnt to denigrate and classify other humans, right?
Full of it, obviously another dumb Chucky clone.

Fennario

#497672 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Love it! The first 7 seconds anyway...
Here's a whole bunch of camels....
http://youtu.be/nN-oyMJkyos
(freak at 1:38)
LOL. That was a better video. Thanks.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497673 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, I've never compared Christians to thieves or murderers.
Until the past couple posts.
Was Brother Lee Love's comparison meant to mock?
Because it utterly failed.
Am I BBL? No, ask him. I just thought it was funny. I can think what I like and post what I like, just like you, so don't be bigoted.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497674 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
What you fail to understand is that those people are just the church's latest incarnation. It is an abstraction - a complex meme - that passes from generation to generation like an endovirus. It's current repository is the collection of people afflicted by Christianity today.
But those people will die, and be replaced by new vectors, which will be the future incarnation of the church. It is our hope that there will be far fewer of them then than now. If there are ever none at all, the religion will go extinct like many others that already have.
<quoted text>
I suggest that you give up trying to understand this. And you might also want to shit-can the aspersions. Your intellectual limitations are not my ethical shortcomings.
You are wrong, you make no sense, you lie and you are spam. Those are your shortcomings.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497675 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good thing your bible isn't written into law, or, you don't go vigilante on people cause the Yahweh! told you to.
I wonder just how many murderers and thieves you'd search out?
<quoted text> Right, because, who wouldn't and shouldn't feel better being compared to murderers and thieves...and coming out on top?
It's so crystal clear now~/.
Hey, check this out, lots of people think atheists are sorta like rapists, maybe a little better.
YIPPIE!
It's that kind of attitude that chokes and strangles your religion.
You eliminate it all by yourself.
It's just a matter of time.
<quoted text>No, the fault is there, you exposed it, and you hide behind a religious book to disguise bigotry, and claim it as religious freedom.
<quoted text>
You should probably open the window and cut down on the legumes.
Spray some Renuzit up in that place.
What a load of crap, I hope you at least have a bucket around your neck, the only reason you trolls are here spreading your spammy vitriol is because you can't just shoot all the believers dead.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497676 Mar 4, 2013
Great, now we will be treated to a lecture on 'morality', given by hateful bigots with no morals. That should be boring.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497677 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I may have seen that, but I'll watch it again.
I'll yell at you probably tomorrow. I've got some things to do in the morning with dropping a few truck loads.
Droppin' loads!

Fennario

#497678 Mar 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reading this conversation...thinking...yes. ..I do think sometimes!
This is as good of article that I have run across as to what this battle is doing...not just to the gay community but to the "church"...the younger generation church that is.
http://3dchristianity.wordpress.com/2010/10/2...
That was painful. I had to quit the video during the third dead boy. The utter unfairness and mean-spiritedness of that is beyond comprehension.

From the accompanying article:

"Some, perhaps, would even say that the Christian church is THE source of homophobia in our culture."

Yes, some do. I don't see another source.

And if that is the case, that alone makes the church the enemy of all fair, decent and loving people. Why should its doctrine inform an entire culture?

Of course, it treats atheists with the same dehumanization and marginalization.

It's time for those who object to fight back, whether gay, atheist, or just compassionate.

Christians: Call me a bully, a bigot and a hater if you like. But I have nothing but contempt for the church that teaches such things, and will say so in the strongest terms as often as necessary, because it's the right thing to do.

And I will treat those who defend the church over standing by his or her gay or atheist brother or sister with the same contempt, and exhort others to join me. We can help silence this scourge with our scorn and ridicule.

Christians that want to help are welcome. You can help everybody involved by policing your own. Don't sit for the hate speech, even if it is peppered with phrases like "the love of Jesus."

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497679 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
That was painful. I had to quit the video during the third dead boy. The utter unfairness and mean-spiritedness of that is beyond comprehension.
From the accompanying article:
"Some, perhaps, would even say that the Christian church is THE source of homophobia in our culture."
Yes, some do. I don't see another source.
And if that is the case, that alone makes the church the enemy of all fair, decent and loving people. Why should its doctrine inform an entire culture?
Of course, it treats atheists with the same dehumanization and marginalization.
It's time for those who object to fight back, whether gay, atheist, or just compassionate.
Christians: Call me a bully, a bigot and a hater if you like. But I have nothing but contempt for the church that teaches such things, and will say so in the strongest terms as often as necessary, because it's the right thing to do.
And I will treat those who defend the church over standing by his or her gay or atheist brother or sister with the same contempt, and exhort others to join me. We can help silence this scourge with our scorn and ridicule.
Christians that want to help are welcome. You can help everybody involved by policing your own. Don't sit for the hate speech, even if it is peppered with phrases like "the love of Jesus."
Yet they should sit for your hate speech? Good luck with your 'mission'. LMAO!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#497680 Mar 4, 2013
A blog? Come on... hardly credible since most of you 'compassionate moral' peeps write there... as my dear X would say *SNORT* and LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min marge 658,415
Websleuths & Tricia Griffith is a fraud. Especi... 5 min Cakez6365 5
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min Nipz2876 18,766
If you spend 3 hours or more on Topix every day... 12 min Humps4061 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min cuckoldpaul 445,508
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 16 min Tramp629 87
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 20 min lightbeamrider 3,852
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 30 min Twizzler4158 4,937
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min BonBon6156 282,874
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Hugs8397 974,641
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min Buck Crick 70,126
More from around the web