<quoted text>
Henry Ford is dead. Just like Jesus.
Boy are you in for a rude awakening

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497642 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But you fail to understand that "the church" IS Christians, Christians ARE "the church". Without the people running the church, there'd be no church.
You are wrong.

What you fail to understand is that those people are just the church's latest incarnation. It is an abstraction - a complex meme - that passes from generation to generation like an endovirus. It's current repository is the collection of people afflicted by Christianity today.

But those people will die, and be replaced by new vectors, which will be the future incarnation of the church. It is our hope that there will be far fewer of them then than now. If there are ever none at all, the religion will go extinct like many others that already have.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your problem is with Christians, IANS, not any church. If you can't be honest with me, at least be honest with yourself.
I suggest that you give up trying to understand this. And you might also want to shit-can the aspersions. Your intellectual limitations are not my ethical shortcomings.

Fennario

#497643 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"our" enemy? You mean you & I? All of us?
An enemy is a person or thing that is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something. Churches aren't my enemy, don't include me in your bogus "war"..
Yes, the church is your enemy, yours more than mine.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Churches feed, clothe, house, nurture and give medical assistance to millions of people around the world.
Churches do nothing of value that can't be done better without them.

And I don't accept the church's implication that more than a few crumbs of its gross receipts go to charity. Most fraudulent charities can show you a few contributions just like most pyramid schemes can point to a few payouts.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, you hammer the point home repeatedly that you hate Christians and everything we stand for but you won't admit it.
Why wouldn't I admit it? What would be the benefit to me to concealing that?

On the other hand, it's apparent what the benefit is to you to corrupt my message and change it from a contempt for the church to a hatred for its host victims.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#497644 Mar 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It aint necessarily so wrote: <quoted text> Me? I'm an optimist. You're the Christian.
trifecta1 wrote: Optimist? LOL. If you was an optimist you would be living your life looking forward, but we all see you living your life in the rearview mirror, paralyzed from moving forward. Still attached to a religion you claim you walk away from but keep coming back to those that still in the religion obviously insecure and desperately jailed and kidnapped.
You're in a mental Prison Cell and Religious Straightjacket. You're no optimist, you're a neurotic panic stricken lost soul that not even have the confidence and willpower to walk away and not look back from what you have walked away from. The Christian Religion Owns you.
You're not your own, your retirement days are not your own, your days are of a Slave, with the slave mentality after running away from the Master Religion but keep returning because you're too Weak and Impotent to move out on your own. An optimist, you're not. Everyone on the billboard see you for the fraud that you are.
As a Jesus Follower I say, keep the Christian Religion. You have a chain around your neck and it going to Drown you. The Jesus Follower have Jesus Christ, the Wheat. You still owned lock stock and barrel by the Christian Religion, you got the Chaff, and you're a Slave. Now March teddy bear.~~~grin~~~. Yeah
...and FURTHERMORE...
Slave-: one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence.
In your case, a Religious Slave.
You come on the billboard claiming you want STFU Christians, railing against the church, railing against the bible, but claim you left the Christian Religion.
Yet you not get that Christianity don't need the bible to prosper. Christianity is not Islam.
What stands out Christianity and the bible, is that a person can go they whole life with one verse and be a Jesus follower. In fact, a person no have to even see a bible. They can hear John 3:16 and God will do the rest in they conscience and in they heart with the blessed Holy Spirit.
Islam can't do that, they have to have to Qu'ran. Hinduism have to have all they statures and idols, Buddhism need the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama.
You too ignorant to be embarrassed.
All you show when you come here everyday railing against a religion, is that your mind is still enslaved by that religion. A Jesus Follower is FREE because they have the Spirit of YHWH God through Jesus Christ.
Yet you tried to be free, but just end up running back to your MASTER the Christian Religion. Mentally bound and oppressed, your life stuck in reverse, looking back, living in the rearview mirror.
Yet you think you on some moral righteous cause against Christians, and all you doing, is fighting air.
What a joke you are. you're too laughable to be offensive.
That post is so brilliant I may cry tears of joy that not all the good and brainy have left this thread. Much sisterly love to you <3

Your dna is good :-)

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#497645 Mar 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Foolishness.
What I did was mention three biblical sins that are all worthy of death according to the bible.
It's a good thing your bible isn't written into law, or, you don't go vigilante on people cause the Yahweh! told you to.

I wonder just how many murderers and thieves you'd search out?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
If anything, what I did was try to put more focus and attention on those that kill and steal than those that are homosexual.
Right, because, who wouldn't and shouldn't feel better being compared to murderers and thieves...and coming out on top?

It's so crystal clear now~/.

Hey, check this out, lots of people think atheists are sorta like rapists, maybe a little better.

YIPPIE!

It's that kind of attitude that chokes and strangles your religion.

You eliminate it all by yourself.

It's just a matter of time.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
It's a shame you couldn't and didn't notice that. Instead, you tried to expose me to a fault that's non-existent.
No, the fault is there, you exposed it, and you hide behind a religious book to disguise bigotry, and claim it as religious freedom.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I smell agenda.
You should probably open the window and cut down on the legumes.

Spray some Renuzit up in that place.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497646 Mar 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually ignore him. He's pretty boring.
I watched Game of Thrones season 2.
I was thoroughly impressed.
I'm planning on doing that. I'm in the middle of Spartacus and Shameless right now.

Location hidden

#497647 Mar 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care to know the truth of your matter, but the facts remain.
With a murder and a thief, there's a 50/50 chance you'll walk out of the elevator at all, or with your possessions. With a homosexual, you can almost guarantee you won't leave the elevator raped, or like you got robbed of your manhood.
But, I grew up with murders and thieves. As a matter of fact, I was..... Maybe you grew up in a better environment. Maybe you have no experience to even base your argument on. You're just yapping because you feel compelled to stand up for a cause that's not even being attacked at the moment.
I sighed at you.
OUCH...you sighed at me.

That sure told me~/.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497648 Mar 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Yeah. You did misunderstand me, bigot.
Why are you calling her a bigot?

Do you know what a bigot is?(honest question)
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Apparently, the only way you'll understand my point is if I said that homosexuality was entirely acceptable to me regardless of my beliefs and/or feelings. Well...too bad.
It is too bad, for you, and your church. If you had the good sense to keep those particular untenable beliefs to yourself, you might prolong the golden age of Christianity in America.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Now, go do what you do. I don't care, either way. How I feel about what you do won't affect you or me, so why make it an issue?
You remind me of some of the "patriotic Americans" I've met throughout my travels. It wasn't written in stone, but they acted like: "I believe every man is entitled to their own opinion...just as long as it coincides with mine."
You are entitled to your backwards beliefs.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497649 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I should go even further with this.
If I were to ride with the murderer only, I'd get off the elevator glad I didn't have to engage him and possibly kill him, if that would even be a concern.
If I were to ride with the thief only, meh, who gives a fnck, it's just a thief, they aren't generally up for face to face stuff.
If it was a Christian, eh, I might have to listen to some proselytizing on the way up, maybe not, either way, I don't care.
If it were a homosexual, we might have a nice conversation, and I'm always up for that.
If I had to choose, I'd choose the homosexual.*see above.
And if it was all of us?
We'd all get off the elevator at the the end of the ride.
So, in the end, you agree with me. And yet, you went through all that effort to belittle me.

I sighed at you, again. But, in the meantime...

You don't speak from experience. Because I, myself, was a notorious hoodlum. I wasn't much of a fan for murder, but robbing? I liked nothing more than to make you cry like a baby before I robbed you. I liked nothing more than to be face to face with my prey. It was even better to rob you in front of the people that thought highly of you, like friends, or a girlfriend/wife. I fed off of the idea that they probably thought you was the one not to eff with...until me. And if you wanted to fight? I'd give you the first punch. But, I'd give you up to three to hit me. And if you didn't? It's all over.

Yeah. You have your preferences. But, your preferences aren't based on experience. Your preferences are based on agenda. And you failed.

You failed.

Location hidden

#497650 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, imagine that.
It's almost time to bring up a topic I've been thinking about lately; Measuring Morality.

I'll need help for that one.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#497651 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
OUCH...you sighed at me.
That sure told me~/.
No. What told you was...

I don't care to know the truth of your matter, but the facts remain.

With a murderer and a thief, there's a 50/50 chance you'll walk out of the elevator at all, or with your possessions. With a homosexual, you can almost guarantee you won't leave the elevator raped, or like you got robbed of your manhood.

But, I grew up with murderers and thieves. As a matter of fact, I was..... Maybe you grew up in a better environment. Maybe you have no experience to even base your argument on. You're just yapping because you feel compelled to stand up for a cause that's not even being attacked at the moment.

Now, THAT'S what told you...and that's why you didn't bother to address anything else but my saying that I sighed at you.

Location hidden

#497652 Mar 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>So, in the end, you agree with me. And yet, you went through all that effort to belittle me.
I sighed at you, again. But, in the meantime...
You don't speak from experience. Because I, myself, was a notorious hoodlum. I wasn't much of a fan for murder, but robbing? I liked nothing more than to make you cry like a baby before I robbed you. I liked nothing more than to be face to face with my prey. It was even better to rob you in front of the people that thought highly of you, like friends, or a girlfriend/wife. I fed off of the idea that they probably thought you was the one not to eff with...until me. And if you wanted to fight? I'd give you the first punch. But, I'd give you up to three to hit me. And if you didn't? It's all over.
Yeah. You have your preferences. But, your preferences aren't based on experience. Your preferences are based on agenda. And you failed.
You failed.
You have no idea what I'm about.

And yeah, I do have an agenda, and that agenda is for all people to live as they can and like and should.

As far as that big talk?

pfffft.

Walk that on.

Fennario

#497653 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
OK. Then what can I do to help? I don't want that happening.
Well that's nice of you. I don't know how you can help. Maybe you could have a word with the atheophobes on this thread that characterize us as unfit people for being unbelievers. They might take correction better from someone like you than from someone like me. Educate them to the harm they do volunteering to serve as vectors for atheophobic hate speech. That meme translates into a lot of unnecessary and undeserved disesteem, danger and difficulty for unbelievers. We don't deserve to be talked about or thought about in such terms.

And you can probably already sense how it can be leveraged against you now that we have a pulpit of our own, meaning that there is practical value in you reining in that hate speech.

The are having right here on this thread are examples of something I'd like to see more of.

Once the problem has been made explicit as it has here, every time one of the Christians on this thread uses the language of atheist dehumanization and moral corruption - demons, abominations, rebellious god haters, etc.- you make the validity of our complaint more concrete and fuel the fire to resist your church, the source and teacher of those ideas.

Thanks for asking and caring.

Location hidden

#497654 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what I'm about.
And yeah, I do have an agenda, and that agenda is for all people to live as they can and like and should.
As far as that big talk?
pfffft.
Walk that on.
Next thing you know you'll be tossin an address and wanting to "meet me"...hahaa.

Nothing worse than internet thugs and heroes.

Location hidden

#497656 Mar 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's almost time to bring up a topic I've been thinking about lately; Measuring Morality.
I'll need help for that one.
Sure, I'm up for it.

Location hidden

#497657 Mar 3, 2013
AllArnerican1 wrote:
Boy are you in for a rude awakening
Is Henry Ford going to implement a zombie assembly line?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#497658 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
It's a good thing your bible isn't written into law, or, you don't go vigilante on people cause the Yahweh! told you to.
And that's what I meant when I said that I prefer peace before hating homosexuals?
scaritual wrote:
I wonder just how many murderers and thieves you'd search out?
Well, that's because you've got nothing better to do. In the meantime, I'd search them out before I did homosexuals.
scaritual wrote:
Right, because, who wouldn't and shouldn't feel better being compared to murderers and thieves...and coming out on top?
Who compared homosexuals to murderers and thieves? Didn't my example prove that I accept homosexuals before the others? So, what are you talking about?
scaritual wrote:
It's so crystal clear now~/.
Hey, check this out, lots of people think atheists are sorta like rapists, maybe a little better.
YIPPIE!
It's that kind of attitude that chokes and strangles your religion.
You eliminate it all by yourself. It's just a matter of time.
My religion is Mashiyachiym. Tell me about my religion, please and if you will.
scaritual wrote:
No, the fault is there, you exposed it, and you hide behind a religious book to disguise bigotry, and claim it as religious freedom.
Can you call it hiding if I openly express the beliefs and feelings that derive from the same religious book?
scaritual wrote:
You should probably open the window and cut down on the legumes.
Spray some Renuzit up in that place.
You are so clever. Ever think of going on the road with that material?

All of this because I defended Black people. Hm. Interesting.

ALL OF THIS BECAUSE I DEFENDED BLACK PEOPLE.

Fennario

#497659 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There you go again...
Lemme ask ya - What would "the church" be without Christians?
Like feudalism without lords, vassals and serfs - just a bad idea.

Like the Viking church without Vikings - extinct, unless revived again some day in a new human repository.

Fennario

#497660 Mar 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Don't bother trying to understand any more. It's not an idea for you. You don't have what it takes to understand it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There it is! The ole atheist cop-out "You just don't understand"
Cop out?

You don't understand, and you seem to be unable to. I won't be explaining it to you without limit. What's the point? There is nothing more to say that what I have.

Eventually, I have to tell you what I just did - it's not an idea for you.

Location hidden

#497661 Mar 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Sure, I'm up for it.
Here's a video with Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins discussing morality and science.

Harris is proposing a framework or foundation for a scientific approach to considering morality.

What I'd like to focus on is comparison.

I think we can get into comparing subjective value systems by appealing to shared base priorities. We can ask questions like, "Which value system better serves the priority of tolerance?"

I'm just thinking out loud at this point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min quiveringanusredn... 988,435
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min swampmudd 36,691
Mother Should Trust The Goverment? 26 min Naughty Nasa 1
Main causes of bullying 36 min HFCS - What It Is 4
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 71
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 688,651
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr CongratsYouTool 6,546
More from around the web