Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#497600 Mar 3, 2013
Experiencing God Day By Day:

Now Is the Acceptable Time
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn.(Isaiah 61:1-2)
God’s timing is perfect! When He speaks, the time to respond in obedience is now. We often act as if we have all the time in the world to obey Him, but history doesn’t wait on our commitments. There is no such thing as postponing a decision with God. Either we obey, or we disobey. It is either faith or unbelief, obedience or disobedience.
When God announces that now is the acceptable time, what you do next is critical. How often people have been unprepared when a word came to them from the LORD. God said,“Now is the time for you to respond to Me” and their response was,“But I’m not ready. I have some things I need to do first. I’m too busy!”(Matt. 8:21). God’s timing is always perfect. He knows you, and He is fully aware of your circumstances. He knows all that He has built into your life until now, and He extends His invitation knowing that His resources are more than adequate for any assignment He gives you.
That is why Scripture tells us God is concerned with our heart. If we do not keep our heart in love with Jesus, our disobedience when God speaks could affect the lives of others. When God speaks it is always out of the context of eternity. We don’t have to know all the implications of what He is asking. We just have to know that it is a word from almighty God.“Now” is always the acceptable time to respond to the Lord!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#497601 Mar 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be very helpful if you kept that in mind when judging the American unbelievers posting here. What we see is very different from what you see in your home town.
America has a genuine problem with its church. It really does degrade life for many Americans -especially gays and atheists - and we have a legitimate right to emphatically object to that, and to avidly resist it.
I can understand that. What I don't understand is your actions here, attacking Christians even just for posting scripture in a Christian thread. Assuming every single Christian or those who claim to be, are exactly the same and attacking them. This is topix, what good do expect to achieve here, by being so hateful and hypocritical. So far, all you've managed to do is get believers to stick together. I rejecting your words, which stem from the injustices in your country, where some of us aren't even from and are not responsible for what other Christians do, no more than you are responsible for the actions of Stalin or any other degenerate that shares your beliefs.

What is more likely your reasoning here is to finally be able to speak (write) your mind in a place where there are no consequences, because if you carried on this way in public you would be carted off to the happy place or prison. I don't know why you pretend it's something noble or something more but it is obvious and will be pointed out to you constantly.

Many people here, of differing beliefs, do not agree or approve of the horrors of our world, but they can't fix the world's problems any more than you can, if any here could, I doubt very much we would have much time to post on this grand public toilet wall called topix. We can only, as individuals, do our best in our lives and our communities.

Degenerates come from every label. As do hypocrites and liars.

Location hidden

#497602 Mar 3, 2013
*In rejecting your words*

Location hidden

#497603 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Not to my knowledge. Isn't it a tad disingenuous of you to erect so flagrant a straw man?
Forgot what you wrote again huh? Maybe a nap would be helpful to yourself. Poor guy.

Location hidden

#497604 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude.... You're slippin....
America doesn't have a church.
Best post so far. Have a prize :D

http://3things.org.au/_wp/wp-content/uploads/...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497605 Mar 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstood this quote.
If so, I apologize.
Honestly, I don't know how you understood what I posted. Here it is again, though, so I can explain myself.

"I'll not bother getting into slavery, because it's quite possible (and probable, I might add) that if there was a continent consisting of a majority homosexual population, that that continent would, most likely, be the preferred destination to conduct a slave-trade, even though a strength issue might arise in regards to the men."

All I was saying is that I'm sure that if there was such a continent that consisted of a majority homosexual rate as there was Black people, that of a surety, this homosexual continent would have been preferred to conduct a slave trade. I'll not deny that homosexuals are hated. And that's sad that homosexuals are hated even more than those that perform abominations.

Proverbs 6:16-19
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Nevertheless, to even try to equate the suffering of homosexuals to Black people is absurd.

Living in a major city (Boston, MA), pretty much, all my life, I've been in contact with all kinds of people. And I'm much more accepting than a lot that live, say, on the so-called "bible belt." As a matter of fact, I live in North Carolina now, and I've never been so disgusted with the adherents of Christendom as I am now. Now, let's not get it twisted. I don't agree with homosexuality, as I said. But, that's not my point. And in all the debate that's been going on about homosexuality just in this thread alone, I hope you've noticed my lack of participation. I don't agree with it, but I believe there's much more to concern myself with. This is my motto...

If I had to be trapped in an elevator with either, a murderer, a thief, or a homosexual, I'd prefer a homosexual any day!

Homosexuals, in my humble opinion, are more trustworthy than the others.

Anyway, I accept your apology. If you find what I posted inappropriate and offensive, I apologize. My intention is not to offend anyone. But, I can't hide my feelings. All I can do is share how I try, even with my beliefs and feelings, to live in peace with all people, regardless.

Location hidden

#497606 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll try to be understanding ... if you will as well. I realize that there is a temptation to react with personal comments. But so do you - you do now if you didn't before. So, we have a choice. We can't control the thoughts and emotions that come bubbling into our consciousness upon reading a provocative post, but we have plenty of choice about what we post.
We can choose to confine our discussion, however impassioned, to ideas and not persons.
I'll tell you what, when you start doing that I will too.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#497607 Mar 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're most welcome, my little blossom ..
.. occasionally, the birds will poop on you and a windstorm will cause a bit of damage, but, your green foliage and the fruit you bear is always magnificent ..
Bonsoir mon amie, in regards to the first half of your statement it has happened often to us both...I prefer to think of myself as a wisteria Sora a dark red rose *Smiles* and together we are swans. Married eleven years and counting.

Location hidden

#497608 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Not at all.
In fact, I am pro-Christian and anti-ecclesiatical. People like me are your last hope for rescue. If we don't break through with some of these posts, you're lost for good.
I'm tossing you a line, brother. Nobody else but Topix unbelievers is even trying, right?
That has to be one of the dumbest lies you've ever posted. I do accept you for who you are btw, a troll, who hates Christians and spams this thread (and others) with lots of lies.

Location hidden

#497609 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
What are you calling rudeness to Christians? I have words with individual Christians, and consider them justified.
And atheism involves no faith. We mostly think that faith is a bad way to think, and avoid it.
Ask us, and we'll tell you what atheism is. It's not a faith.
Erm... The amount of faith you have in your particular brand of hateful delusions, is faith, you are very faithful to yourself.

Location hidden

#497610 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My grades? What grades?
The ones lil' hitler and socks&co.. gave you?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497611 Mar 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly, I don't know how you understood what I posted. Here it is again, though, so I can explain myself.
"I'll not bother getting into slavery, because it's quite possible (and probable, I might add) that if there was a continent consisting of a majority homosexual population, that that continent would, most likely, be the preferred destination to conduct a slave-trade, even though a strength issue might arise in regards to the men."
All I was saying is that I'm sure that if there was such a continent that consisted of a majority homosexual rate as there was Black people, that of a surety, this homosexual continent would have been preferred to conduct a slave trade. I'll not deny that homosexuals are hated. And that's sad that homosexuals are hated even more than those that perform abominations.
Proverbs 6:16-19
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Nevertheless, to even try to equate the suffering of homosexuals to Black people is absurd.
Living in a major city (Boston, MA), pretty much, all my life, I've been in contact with all kinds of people. And I'm much more accepting than a lot that live, say, on the so-called "bible belt." As a matter of fact, I live in North Carolina now, and I've never been so disgusted with the adherents of Christendom as I am now. Now, let's not get it twisted. I don't agree with homosexuality, as I said. But, that's not my point. And in all the debate that's been going on about homosexuality just in this thread alone, I hope you've noticed my lack of participation. I don't agree with it, but I believe there's much more to concern myself with. This is my motto...
If I had to be trapped in an elevator with either, a murderer, a thief, or a homosexual, I'd prefer a homosexual any day!
Anyway, I accept your apology. If you find what I posted inappropriate and offensive, I apologize. My intention is not to offend anyone. But, I can't hide my feelings. All I can do is share how I try, even with my beliefs and feelings, to live in peace with all people, regardless.
OK, so I didn't misunderstand.

Thanks for clearing that up.

As far as bigots go, I prefer RR.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#497612 Mar 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
This isn't my "motto", but if I were to be trapped in an elevator with either a Christian, or a homosexual.

I'd choose the homosexual any day. The color nor gender would matter.

I'm serious when I say that, but how does it make you feel?

If I'd added in a thief and murderer, and still chosen the homosexual over any of the others and the Christian(I would, btw), would that make you feel any better?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497613 Mar 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstood this quote.
If so, I apologize.
That particular post of his demonstrated prejudice and ignorance, but not intolerance.

You're probably right, but you need to look for some demonstration of intolerance. Voting to deny rights to a minority demographic because of their prejudice against them would be an example.

You can also link him to damaging speech. If he expresses beliefs about a minority that are prejudiced, and those expressions add to a cultural meme that causes damage, that would make him a bigot too.

Location hidden

#497614 Mar 3, 2013
And trapped is a totaly inappropriate word, I shouldn't have used that.

Location hidden

#497615 Mar 3, 2013
Forgive me.

Location hidden

#497616 Mar 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
That may be the most disgusting comment I've seen on this thread yet.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497617 Mar 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That particular post of his demonstrated prejudice and ignorance, but not intolerance.
You're probably right, but you need to look for some demonstration of intolerance. Voting to deny rights to a minority demographic because of their prejudice against them would be an example.
You can also link him to damaging speech. If he expresses beliefs about a minority that are prejudiced, and those expressions add to a cultural meme that causes damage, that would make him a bigot too.
I don't have time for all that. I'll just ignore him.

;-p

Location hidden

#497618 Mar 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>it is the most stupid and moronic belief system known to mankind. that realization I thank Jesus for.
The atheist ask mankind to choose Science or God. That like seeing a ford mustang car and asking, choose horse power, engine combustion, fuel injection, computerized electronics, hydraulics, pistons.
or choose Henry Ford.
That is absurd, both are necessary.
if God did not put the universe there, there would be nothing to study.
you don't have any sense.
Great post as usual :-)
psst..(I don't think Chuckie studies, he may have forgotten his meds) don't tell anyone :-)

Location hidden

#497619 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be the most disgusting comment I've seen on this thread yet.
Really? Compared to some others I find it hilarious. How come Atheists and Gay persons only have a sense of humour when it comes to mocking believers? Huh? Riddle me that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Tellthetruth 989,820
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,437
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 31 min bietxcpl4cpls 547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min hojo 690,577
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 52 min Susan 37
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 636
More from around the web