Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#497560 Mar 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Right... your kind of bigotry is more respectable. As The Lord had said:
Jesus: "The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify that what it does is evil."
Another:
Jesus: "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
++++++++++
Sora/Seraphine is a humanist and ecumenist as he/she stated in earlier posts and. That is what the Bahais are... they believe all religions are equal. The world doesn't mind those kind of beliefs.
And...the above somehow makes your hatred of homosexuals ok?

You have a seriously twisted religion.

Some stable somewhere

#497561 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!!!
Nice tr Catch, but I will not entertain that bullshit that the problems gays are having today is anything like the problems blacks had.
Why not? Decades ago religions argued that black skin was the mark of Cain. Eugenic scientists argued that black people were inferior to whites and so should be slaves.

It's the same discrimination now - religion arguing that their deities hate same sex sexual behavior, some (poor) scientists looking for pathology where there is none.

If you don't understand history, RR...

Oops! Repeating myself.

:)

Some stable somewhere

#497562 Mar 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that it can be misguided in terms of the purpose behind the individuals prayer and what they are approaching God in prayer for, even the saints do not always know what they should be praying for sometimes, which is just one of many reasons for the gift of the Holy Ghost because the spirit makes intercession FOR us when we kneel in prayer before God.
Huh?

It's misguided to pray for an amputee's arm to grow back?

Some stable somewhere

#497563 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post, thank you!
Hey, no problem :)

:)
Winter is coming

United States

#497564 Mar 3, 2013
Dragon fire melts stone and steel.

It is known.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497565 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
It's my pleasure.
hahaaa
Obviously.รพ)
http://realtoygun.com/

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#497566 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LOL, why do you save all this shit?
Just a simple search.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#497573 Mar 3, 2013
Jesus loves me this I know........

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#497574 Mar 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What disappoints you about the unbelievers? That we are hostile to Christianity and the behavior of many of the Christians that we have dealt with here?
Are you disappointed in me? If so, is it because I have decided to call a person continually that maligns me without cause "moron" or "Dim"? I intend to continue doing that until he begs my forgiveness.
Notice that I have not used such language with Trifecta, RiversideRedneck, or Dr. Shrink, the three of which together would have trouble hitting the ground of they fell.
The plain fact is that many of us are drawing a line in the sand. We refuse to be called liars, bigots, immoral, spiritually dead, hell bound, abominations, vile, demons, evil, and whatever other filth might dibble from the mouth of a Christian trained to deal with us in that manner for the crime of not validating their beliefs and for wanting the church out of public life.
Those are legitimate pursuits, and the reaction we have seen here, which is typical of Christianity in general, is uncalled for, and frankly, disgusting.
I see our behavior as perfectly justified. What is it you are objecting to about it other than it is unpleasant, as all discord is? Do you think that we should continue to let Christians define us like that without objection?
Bonsoir mon ami, I am not disappointed in you...I have been called the same names you are now and worse than that because of my beliefs as well. And this comes from fellow Christians not in the forum but out there. I agree such behavior is disgusting and vile, all people should be entitled to their beliefs and way of life. I am not dissapointed in the nonbelievers at all, I believe that we as Christians should set a better example and remove our egos, you know what Sora and I stand for and although we believe differently I would like to think that you are a friend to me and your words of kindness inspire me to do better and Sora too. I do not want a theocracy as you know, I believe in freedom for the individual. Some of what I have seen here has gone beyond unpleasant and into the realm of the personal, and grouping any people into categories sickens me, it is anathenema to what I believe. In regards to the posts I have viewed the ones you speak of and yes it is foul and disgusting, I again apologize for what you have been through here but I have never harmed you or said anything nasty to you or to any person here. I have been very nice and pleasant and objective. Again I am sorry for their behavior but they are individuals who choose to act this way, I have nothing to do with it, I am my own person. I am Seraphine.

Location hidden

#497575 Mar 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.. okay. Sounds like you were a Bahai for a long while? I've read in several places that Bahai's also go by the term Christian... is that something you have seen when you two were Bahai's?
Bonsoir Qu, yes we were in a sense...it is difficult to explain because of the nature of who Bahai are they are exclusive and all embracing we were also very much Catholic still as well. Yes they do use the term Christian and many did use that term. The main temple is in Israel. Due to the nature of the persecutions studies and readings are done out of the home. Like early Christians.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497576 Mar 3, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
let me ad BT42
ancient scripts inform humans ,that they are not CREATED TO BE PEN AND INK
Humans use to be used by Outside Forces Creator who is created to be Author of his thoughts using man as pen and ink?
I dunno. That can be complicated. Look at all the religions and different interpretations. For that reason, I will not "tell" anyone what they should believe is "truth" without providing that truth, and even then I would probably only "point" the way, as I am not perfect and don't wish to mislead.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#497577 Mar 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
... what does the bible say about pride cometh before the fall ??.....
An interesting verse that can be taken literally in opposite ways.

Pride goes away before a fall.

Pride precedes a fall.

Losing pride in what one does is a sure way to fail.

Being too proud will give you a false sense of security and failure will come.

Of course if you throw "Bible Babble" (TM) in the mix then Pride is actually Satan so God will make you fail...or a dozen other ridiculous 'interpretations'.

Location hidden

#497578 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
What is your mission? To restore peace?
That will never happen until one group or the other is silenced. Once, that was us, and you never heard from uppity atheists. We were afraid to speak. In the future, that will be the Christians. They will be a much smaller part of our society, and will be so use to being ridiculed that most will learn to keep their opinions about who is an abomination and who should go to hell in their homes and churches where they belong, and peace will be restored again.
But this is the transition. We are loud and strong enough to be heard, and there is fierce resistance to that, as you have seen. So there is strife. It is unreasonable for you to expect us to stand down. In fact, we need to become more resolute in our objection to that vile church and the garbage it teaches.
Sorry to have to be so confrontational with a gentle spirit like you. But peace at any cost is not an option. We'll be quiet when the vilest Christians have been silenced. If you want to help reach that time sooner, help us. We will prevail whether sooner or later.
Bonsoir mon ami, no it is I who must apologize to you. My mission and Sora's is to make this world a better place for all people to live one person at a time, I am not concerned with converting any person to what I believe. The resistance is firece yes, Sora and I were and are persecuted as well from Fundamentalists. No person who is bullied deserves the treatment especially when voicing their opinion. The way I see if they do like what you have to say, can they not scroll past it? You are entitled to your opinion and people should be made aware of this, just as all people are. In regards to whom is an abomination it is not the job of any human being to decide this, as we are all share this place together. At this point I would like to help any person here who is bullied it is wrong and evil and I am fully aware what evils Christianity has perpetuated including the massacre of my French ancestors during the Crusades, I had ancestors murdered on both sides. I will do what I can to help this must stop for world peace humanity is tearing itself apart.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497579 Mar 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...
or choose Henry Ford.
Henry Ford is dead. Just like Jesus.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497580 Mar 3, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
It's misguided to pray for an amputee's arm to grow back?
Apparently one can only pray for things that are can happen without prayer.

Actually, Jesus' example of prayer and other verses say NOT to pray for anything but survival and accepting God's will.
Makes more sense that way (IMHO).

Location hidden

#497581 Mar 3, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say, Seraphine, I don't respect the beliefs of people who promote divisiveness and hatred - and that includes what Qu is doing here. His bigotry is not respectable.
Bonsoir mon amie, in regards to disrespecting people, I stand for equal rights and abuse is intolerable and difficult to stomach for any person who sees all as equal. Bigotry is not acceptable to me either Sora and I have been the recipient of it many times from members of my own family ironically, so you see it exists but the question is how do you deal with it? Do you become as they are or do you find another method to handle this problem? I myself am the recipient of a stalker on another thread. I do not know this person and I have never responded to them and the hatred in his heart is so rancid that he calls me vile names as a poster I have the power to not respond to it because you see there are times when it is best to ignore them, chances are they need attention and when we respond to their hatred and bigotry then the cycle continues I do not know how to explain it any better and at this point I am not sure how to because this is not the first time it happened here or in the real world.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#497583 Mar 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently one can only pray for things that are can happen without prayer.
Actually, Jesus' example of prayer and other verses say NOT to pray for anything but survival and accepting God's will.
Makes more sense that way (IMHO).
All of Matthew 6 on prayer.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497585 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Excellent post, thank you!
My pleasure.

I'm sure it's a sensitive issue, especially with two groups of people that in many cases intertwine, but facts are facts. Now, if anyone wants to "be real," this is the time to step to the plate. Unless...

Location hidden

#497587 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
It's always a pleasure to hear from you. You are an example for others to aspire to.
Bonsoir mon ami *Sheds tears* thank you so much, and thank you for being a friend to me as I hope I am to you and Sora as well. I again apologize for my coarse language and I am deeply ashamed I was raised better than this, can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497588 Mar 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Of course. I already knew you were a bigot but then you're a Redneck. I wasn't aware that Brotherly Love was as well.
Oh well.
Carrion.
Foolishness.

My respect for you has become tolerance.

My father is Black and Cape Verdean (which is African and Portuguese). My mother is Native "American" and French. I couldn't be a bigot even if I tried. I've had two brothers that performed "gay" acts to pay for drugs and died from AIDS. Was it the sharing of needles that gave them AIDS, or the gay men? They weren't gay, though. That's what they said, anyway. I'm sure my now-grown nephews would agree with my brothers, but... My nephew, about ten years ago, got a sex-change. Between "her" and I, I call "her" my "niece-ew." That's "niece" and "nephew" put together. But, I don't call "her" that in front of people, or family. That's between "her" and me. And "she" understands, just like I do. And I loved my brothers, until the day they died. I love my "niece-ew." Do I agree with what my brothers did, or what my nephew did? NO! But, it's not about me. Whether I agree or not, I respect(ed) their decision. I live with it. I accept it. And that's just the way it is.

How dare you label me. How dare you so erroneously judge me. If anything, you've only exposed yourself. Everyone is whatever label you feel is appropriate to you if they don't fit your mold.

You're the bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Nohweh 110,803
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 675,933
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min Voyeur 184,777
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 57 min Voyeur 39,232
Taking my kids 1 hr advicemama 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 288
Hell Angels motor cycle group (Jul '11) 3 hr Luscious 107
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
More from around the web