Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#497340 Mar 3, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
The worst we have is yuppies looking down on westies/bogans and vice versa.
I like just about everyone. I mean that.

Ideologies can be a different story, and an ideology isn't a person, but many people have ideologies.

A religion or mythos happens to be an ideology.
Illuminatrix wrote:
Everything else you've said also applies to many of the Christians you like to mock and ridicule and insult, just for their faith and then get lectures for giving back a little of the same.
I don't mind the criticism or opinion given back in response to my comments and observations made here, and I'm accustomed to it. My familiarity with that didn't begin due to a desire. It was given, unasked for, by Christianity.

Other people can become accustomed to it, too.

"Any belief worth having must survive doubt." - George Bernard Shaw
Illuminatrix wrote:
I might be a Buddhist today.
Namaste :-)
I'm just me today, and everyday.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#497341 Mar 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That video I posted gets FUNNY at the end.
hahaa "Fiire deestroid 'em awwlll"

Since: Sep 10

Mexico

#497342 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it, hot stuff!
<quoted text>
Agreed. There's a noticable difference generation to generation. My grandpa was the world's biggest racist & bigot, my dad was less racist but still an intolerant bigot, I'm not racist at all and just very slightly bigoted, my sons are neither...
I think that pattern is happening everywhere, I hope I'm right.
<quoted text>
LOL, that's f_cked u
Hey, my wife & I saw this commercial last night...
http://youtu.be/AnmDlk6F3d0 (hot girl, black bikini)
...she got all pissed off, saying that gays are "thrown in our face". I actually defended you, I told that commercial was a nice way of easing the gays into society, it's a whole lot better than some fruit loops all girlied up in a parade.....
Remember I was telling you that I think if gays would tone that down a bit, give it time to sink in and be realized by the rest of us, it'd make it easier for people to accept gays?
A few decades ago you would have said the same thing to black people.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497343 Mar 3, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
it is like you are GAGARIN'
and ruskij idiota
[1] Who's up for a word quiz based on the word GAGA? Every answer contains the letters G-A-G-A in it in that order, although there may be spaces. Example: Jerry Seinfeld (GAG Artist). GAGArin is one of the answers (number 16).

1. Preparing a bacterial culture
2. Dawdle
3. Stunned speechless
4. Loses it
5. Imitate a judge
6. An ovum, compared to a spermatozoan
7. No, try a third time
8. Fix a competition
9. Risky behavior
10. A turnip patch
11. Salsa or cilantro from Taco Bell
12. A way to win Wimbleton
13. Why Caesar’s appendix scar showed
14. Helping to build a Gothic cathedral
15. Order a courtroom participant not to speak
16. Famous cosmonaut
17. Very close to
18. Getting $3.00 worth of gasoline

[2] If you want some clues, I have posted the list of "GA" words that appear in the answers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

[3] For the answers, go to
http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index... , where I originally posted the quiz on Yahoo! Answers about five years ago as Yaybob. And yes, Serah, my avatar there is my now deceased little friend Woofie.

Enjoy!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#497344 Mar 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely done.
Thanks.

As far as I'm concerned, he's in the "some" category.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#497345 Mar 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you didn't care about the negative 'judgeits,' you wouldn't have commented on them and accused AIN of being cowardly ..
.. kill you? Actually, you seem quite gentle and I have no animosity towards you ..
.. however, you failed to answer my question, "Why did you accuse AIN if this deed and begin the name-calling"? Did it ever occur to you that it just might have been a believer with a different belief system than yourself? If not, why not ??..
.. again, you earned the 'spam' icons honestly. There are Topix 'prayer circles' where you can post daily messages and prayers ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
Your sure workin hard here for a scrap lol did you get up on the wrong side of the bed.Cause your sure grrrumbling alot.lol.lol Duh I comment on alot of things that do not mean jack doodle to no one but me.Why should I answer up to your question lol you not may mamma lol lol Your the one with the problem not me.lol lol Could be you abit pissed cause you exposed yourself lol lol Awee your forgiven my dear go and sin no more.The wonder of it all over a icorn lol lol Yep I'm a gentle tigeress.Why should I leave I like the company here grand bunch of folks.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#497346 Mar 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say I don't agree with this ~ Christians should be deplored at this statement.
I agree, and you could say > "Humans should be deplored at this statement" < and it'd sound pretty good too.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#497347 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
The plain fact is that many of us are drawing a line in the sand. We refuse to be called liars, bigots, immoral, spiritually dead, hell bound, abominations, vile, demons, evil, and whatever other filth might dibble from the mouth of a Christian trained to deal with us in that manner for the crime of not validating their beliefs and for wanting the church out of public life.
.. bullseye !!..

.. if you do not respect my boundaries, you invite me to violate your boundaries ..

.. have you now figured out why I systematically sprinkle suggestive sexual sayings in this forum? Do you think anyone else will recognize my motive ??..

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#497348 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*^SCHWING^*
Fix it.
Clippers?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#497349 Mar 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sotally tober?

Some stable somewhere

#497350 Mar 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Vibrotron has infiltrated the base again!
A welcome change!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#497351 Mar 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. bullseye !!..
.. if you do not respect my boundaries, you invite me to violate your boundaries ..
.. have you now figured out why I systematically sprinkle suggestive sexual sayings in this forum? Do you think anyone else will recognize my motive ??..

Boundaries lol.Violate lol.Suggestive sexual saying lol yep reconize the motive all hot air.lol lol.

Some stable somewhere

#497352 Mar 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Alright, you not a intellectual ant, sorry. happy? lets move on.
Wikipedia is pretty good, although you may have a nuance definition.
Its obvious the implication of enculturation with the Religion of Christianity and Western Civilization.
What you fail to do at all, is implicate enculturation with a person believing on Jesus Christ as they personal Lord and Savior thus having access to the One Almighty God YHWH.
Please, explain what in the name of spud webb does enculturation have to with that??
Because the reason you bought up enculturation, is to make the point that Religion is a cultural phenomenon. So born in the Middle East, Muslim, born in the West, Christianity, Born in the East and the Orient, Buddhism, Sikhism, or Hinduism etc.
But there are millions of Hindus, Buddhist, and Muslims in those parts of the world, that are Jesus Followers, but not Christians.
So again, how enculturation can work with a Hindu Muslim or a Buddhist becoming a Jesus follower, but reject the Christian Religion? explain that one.
Only a person encultured into Christianity could possibly believe that Jesus is the Lord and Savior. Anyone who is not encultured into that religion would never believe that.

I can't make that point any more simpler. When you have a religion, you perceive, experience and live reality through its lens, worldview.

For your, your pantheon is vibrant. For me, not at all. Your pantheon doesn't exist for me - not even slightly. You live in a Created world; I don't. The things in my life do not happen because of a deity; in your life, they do - another way to say this is that you experience the details in your life as if your deity were real.

That's enculturation. Our brains interpret the world around us very differently because our neurons are set up differently.

Yes, my understanding of enculturation is quite a bit more nuanced than Wikipedia's version.

Yes, religions are part of cultures. Yes, they can span cultures. However, the same named religion in different cultures will be differently understood and expressed. Hence, Mayan Christians sacrifice chickens in blood ceremonies, Polynesian Christians worship their ancestors and have shrines to them, and some American Christians have elaborate snake-handling rituals.

Christianity is not the same religion worldwide. It's understood differently in different cultural contexts.

Hence, we can now understand that "culture" itself includes a variety of socially mediated experience - religion is a part of that. Atheists can be from Christian culture without being Christian. Japanese Christians are not from Christian culture, but they are Christians (and their understanding of Christianity differs from yours in important ways - many also engage in Buddhist and Shinto traditions w/out issue).

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#497353 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did tell you. It's sad that you kept all that. I've already answered you like 4 times.
Evilbible.com
Dies that say anywhere that it's "made by atheists"??
Yes it does. But I'm not surprised you don't know that.

Here: http://www.evilbible.com/about_evil_bible.htm

"Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said."--Mark Twain

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#497354 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, and I'll use your comment as a segue to possibly illustrate something, if you don't mind.
All atheists - are aware of our status in society. We never have to mention the status if we happen to encounter a person and learn that they are atheist, and that's rare, to just run across an atheist, as we know, except in these venues. I know 4-5 atheists here locally. Maybe 6.
This is our status; The atheist is automatically suspect and whatever is suspected, the almost immediate conclusion is: "That's what atheists do!".
All it takes is to say: "I am atheist" - nothing else,- and almost literally, an entire population of a large country feels they must dislike, be suspicious of you, or eliminate you for just one word.
Atheist.
I am the father of a fine 16 year old boy, wait - young man - and have raised him since he was 15 months old with no assistance. Sole custody. Just me.
I am an atheist.
I am a Honorably Discharged U.S Army Veteran. Ft.Knox BCT.3rd Bn. Alpha 3/7 "Ram Rods", Ft.Campbell, 2nd Bn. 506th Infantry Regiment AA "Renegades", Ft.Lee, 1st Tng Bn. Whisky 2/9 Quartermaster., Ft.Bliss 1/65th, 11th ADA BN. DSMB Plt. ARSOP. Ft Clayton 193 Inf. Bde. DSP MBT., ARSOP <=That's not all.
I am an atheist.
After my service in the regular Army, I worked for a defense contractor and helped produce over 2000 Tomahawk Cruise Missiles, worked on the F-117, the F/A-18, components of the Space Shuttle, and various other military and Aerospace projects. A team leader.
I am an atheist.
I am a former Final Inspector for the Federal Aviation Administration, and was a special liaison responsible for inspection on the B-2, performed work on every major Airline, signed off on Airworthiness Certificates and never had a deficiency. Hundreds of people every day trusted and depended on my work and abilities. I received an award for "Most Integrity", voted on by 60 of my peers. Twice. A couple shiny little plaques. No idea where they are packed.
I am an atheist.
My son and I moved back to the NE Georgia/SE Tennessee area - where I grew up. I sold our place out west, and was fortunate enough to purchase a house with some land here. I went back to doing what I'd grown up doing because we heated with wood back then. I started a small tree service and also sell firewood to support ourselves, sometimes giving it to people who can't afford it.
It's a simple life, no pressure, it pays the bills. We're good. During the tornadoes a while back, the power was out. We listened to a small AM radio as all around us the tornadoes and storms were hitting and the radio announcer put out an emergency request for help because the local emergency rescue workers couldn't handle all the calls. They needed assistance from people who could handle a chainsaw or just help. Anything. Everywhere. There was a house with a newborn little girl, her Mother and Aunt, trapped, and rescue couldn't get to them. One of many announcements that night. All around was devastation and travel was already limited. It was just down the road, and I could get close to there so I went.
Others showed up too. We cut like madmen, relentlessly, with only the lights from vehicles to see by and there was tree after tree and we couldn't get there fast enough.
The mother survived.
I still think about it. That's the way things go, but we wanted to get them all. So bad. Snipped for space
Praise God.---> (on the good works part... Atheist or not. It's only human)

On the flipside, if one was to do all these things which you have done and say, "I am Christian"... these things of itself wouldn't save that person. It is the Atonement of Christ Jesus and those who CONTINUALLY trust in Him that would save the Christian. All the good works would be a "side effect" of those who "genuinely" trust in Christ to save them.

True Christians are usually always on the wrong side of many historical events... but they are always on the right side of eternity.

Some stable somewhere

#497355 Mar 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
"French Homosexuals Join Demonstration Against Gay Marriage"
(Huh? Dire quoi? Qu'est-ce qui se passe avec ça? Ceci est France libérale faisant cela?)
"Xavier Bongibault, AN ATHEIST homosexual, is a prominent spokesman against the [gay marriage] bill."
"Jean Marc, who has lived with a man for 20 years, insists,“The LGBT movement that speaks out in the media ... They don’t speak for me. As a society we should not be encouraging this. It’s not biologically natural.”
http://www.c-fam.org/fridayfax/volume-15/fren...
++++++++++
2nd link came out of 1st link...
http://www.c-fam.org/fridayfax/volume-15/stud...
@waaasssuuup - you can see why I was answering this kind of bigotry.

@Qu - your "news piece" is from a religious source - biased. You'll pardon me if we don't trust it at face value.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497356 Mar 3, 2013
WHY SHOULDN'T HE. HE'S MENT TO BE FULL OF FORGIVENESS AND HAVE MASS COMPASSION. BUT THEN HE DON'T EXIST

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497357 Mar 3, 2013
From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You'll have to take your dime store psychology elsewhere. I am as immune to it as I am to you shaking the Scary Chicken.
trifecta1 wrote:
It really was not written for you
Then, at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
trifecta1 wrote:
I wrote it pertaining to the writer [it ain't necessarily so]
Two things.

@ the Christians: This is the evidence that I am not looking for reasons to call Christians "moron" or "liar." This would have been the perfect time if that were my preference.

@ Dim, who is a moron: That is how you demonstrate a possible lie. You juxtapose two contradictory comments exactly as they originally appeared with corroborating links.

Even so, I have not called Trifecta a liar. He is invited to explain first why that is not a contradiction. Even if he doesn't, I won't call him a liar.

You, by contrast, lack the class and breeding to do such a thing even after weeks of exhortation to either do so or STFU, because you cannot. The most you post is one quote and your recollection of something that you think that I said that might have contradicted it, giving me no chance to explain your moronic mistake to you, as I did when you mistook the meaning of "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more," you useless idiot.

All you can do is slander and forgive yourself. And your Christian pals are your enablers. None of them expects you to do better or beg forgiveness. They only find fault in my reaction.

Some stable somewhere

#497358 Mar 3, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu, as mentioned previously we are not Baha'i but we respect the beliefs of all people and we see the world as they do. Sora and I believe in interfaith dialogue as do they. We share many of their beliefs save for a key few. More information on their faith here: www.bahai.org/ just because Sora and I do not agree with a person's beliefs that does not mean we cannot find common ground. May I ask how did you come to the conclusion that you believed we were Baha'i?
I have to say, Seraphine, I don't respect the beliefs of people who promote divisiveness and hatred - and that includes what Qu is doing here. His bigotry is not respectable.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#497359 Mar 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate those in lgbtq community who choose the gay lifestyles. I hate the sin of fornications ---> Whether that be bestiality, pedophilia, homosexuality, unmarried heterosexuality, lustful fetishes such as dominatrix and other such lustful sexual fetishes such as some perverts having sex with an assortment of fruits.
Only first marriage male/female couples in the missionary position ?

Sounds perverted to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 104,715
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Ann Bonney 969,980
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 13 min Paul is dead 4,113
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min marge 641,622
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min ROCCO 38,289
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min bad bob 182,292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 58 min MUQ2 280,900
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,395
More from around the web