Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Mexico

#497212 Mar 2, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami,*Sighs* far from it, I am tired of seeing this every day, it seems to me my mission is failing miserably.
Not at all.

You and Sora are the only posters who have everybody's respect.

You owe it to us to stay.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497216 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
On another note, how is your Puggle?
She is beautiful and happy. Thanks for asking.

And I trust Prince Pugstar is a happy boy.
Serah wrote:
I have put my name down for fostering or adopting another Pug, I didn't realise people didn't care for these doggies in Australia, and there are Puggies waiting for help ... if I can put my hand out to help one of these little snoring beauties, I surely will :)
Thank you for caring and helping.
Serah wrote:
Perhaps too we can put down the issue of Christian v Non Christian and just take each other as we are?
I try to direct most of my criticism to the church. When people don't like that, they often attack me personally, and I generally slap back.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#497217 Mar 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok.
I'm also immune.
Next?
you're immune??? me laughing!

why don't you just write "I'm Dr Spock". It does not matter what you write. I wrote it pertaining to the writer [it ain't necessarily so] but it pertains not only to him, but pretty much to every freethinker on here that came from Christianity. And it must have struck a cord because of the numerous comments on it by the freethinkers, so here is an encore just for you:
[[[[[[[[

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Me? I'm an optimist. You're the Christian.

trifecta1 wrote:
Optimist? LOL. If you was an optimist you would be living your life looking forward, but we all see you living your life in the rearview mirror, paralyzed from moving forward. Still attached to a religion you claim you walk away from but keep coming back to those that still in the religion obviously insecure and desperately jailed and kidnapped.

You're in a mental Prison Cell and Religious Straightjacket. You're no optimist, you're a neurotic panic stricken lost soul that not even have the confidence and willpower to walk away and not look back from what you have walked away from.

The Christian Religion Owns you. You're not your own, your retirement days are not your own, your days are of a Slave, with the slave mentality after running away from the Master Religion but keep returning because you're too Weak and Impotent to move out on your own.

An optimist, you're not. Everyone on the billboard see you for the fraud that you are.

As a Jesus Follower I say, keep the Christian Religion. You have a chain around your neck and it going to Drown you. The Jesus Follower have Jesus Christ, the Wheat. You still owned lock stock and barrel by the Christian Religion, you got the Chaff, and you're a Slave.

Now March teddy bear.~~~grin~~~. Yeah.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497218 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
We don't say GOD wrote the Bible, we say it is written by Scribes and Prophets
That's quibbling with semantics. The question is, whose commandments are those? Who did the creation story and the flood story come from? If not a god, why read them?

And why does an omnipotent god use books to communicate at all? And why would he use scribes to write them?
Marc

Persan, France

#497219 Mar 2, 2013
Bonjour!
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
not only Guilt and Shame
BUT IANS IS CYBER COWARD WITHOUT OF DESCENCY,OWN DIGNITY AND HIG IQ LEVEL
if would be different
he would go face to face before any CHURCH ASSEMBLIES TO PROVE HIS RIGHTS AND ATHEISM,
He is just simple COWARD,insulting humble few christians regardless if they are SAVED OR NOT?
only OUR BELOVED LORD IS GOING TO TAKE CARE THOSE WHO LOVES HIM IN THEIR HUMAN IMPERFECT HEARTS
God bless you Trifecta
Your english is excelent,and clear enough to slap their abominable wicked faces,and minds
Huh? Your English is horrible!

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#497220 Mar 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
You and Sora are the only posters who have everybody's respect.
You owe it to us to stay.
Bonsoir mon ami, I am sorry for what I posted earlier, thank you for your words of kindness at least our message resonates with you, we are not going anywhere I just feel melancholic now...it will pass soon *Smiles* we just watched a documentary call The Lake of Fire about abortion it was very depressing to us. The hatred on both sies was so vitrolic. You will not see this message again, of this I assure you, Sora and I believe if we just reach one person then all is not in vain. Our understanding of Christianity as you see is very different, we are thankful we have not been attacked for it yet and if we do we shall not sway from our beliefs all human beings are equal whether one believes in God or not is hardly the issue here. We are all equal and deserve to be treated as such *Smiles again* all better now!!! A pep talk can do wonders especially if the words are true and effective. Have you seen the Lake of Fire? It is shot completely in black and white. Here is more information if you are interested: http://movies.nytimes.com/2007/10/03/movies/0... we would rather not discuss this issue as we tend to limit our usage of politics, religion and sensitive issues so please no posts asking what we feel about abortion. Please respect our privacy thank you. We have no desire for a debate of this kind, or any debate for that matter.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#497221 Mar 2, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, I am sorry for what I posted earlier, thank you for your words of kindness at least our message resonates with you, we are not going anywhere I just feel melancholic now...it will pass soon *Smiles* we just watched a documentary call The Lake of Fire about abortion it was very depressing to us. The hatred on both sies was so vitrolic. You will not see this message again, of this I assure you, Sora and I believe if we just reach one person then all is not in vain. Our understanding of Christianity as you see is very different, we are thankful we have not been attacked for it yet and if we do we shall not sway from our beliefs all human beings are equal whether one believes in God or not is hardly the issue here. We are all equal and deserve to be treated as such *Smiles again* all better now!!! A pep talk can do wonders especially if the words are true and effective. Have you seen the Lake of Fire? It is shot completely in black and white. Here is more information if you are interested: http://movies.nytimes.com/2007/10/03/movies/0... we would rather not discuss this issue as we tend to limit our usage of politics, religion and sensitive issues so please no posts asking what we feel about abortion. Please respect our privacy thank you. We have no desire for a debate of this kind, or any debate for that matter.
I've heard of the Baha'i faith when I was studying up some on the U.N about a couple of years ago... was some of that video that I posted earlier true?'bout being assigned a card and such? It's the first time that I've ever heard of that.

Location hidden

#497222 Mar 2, 2013
Marc wrote:
Bonjour!
<quoted text>
Huh? Your English is horrible!
Bonsoir Marc,
Je suis honoré de faire votre connaissance!

#497223 Mar 2, 2013

Location hidden

#497224 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
That's quibbling with semantics. The question is, whose commandments are those? Who did the creation story and the flood story come from? If not a god, why read them?
And why does an omnipotent god use books to communicate at all? And why would he use scribes to write them?
Bonsoir mon ami, an interesting question. The creation and the flood story if we go back into history have similar origins with other Near-East stries like the Epic of Gilgamesh and it has been said that Jesus is similar to the Persian God Mithra who died and was resurrected. I am speaking from an academic standpoint here, as you know I am objective in my beliefs and I respect every person for theirs. Gods in the Near-Eastern religions used scribes to communicate through humans this is nothing new but it has also been said that Christianity although similar to these is quite different in some ways believe is subjective. Does this make sense? Consider Ancient egypt and the role of the Pharoah, did he/she really believe they were divine or was it a method to keep and control the masses? As I said faith and believe are subjective and cannot and should not be debated it is pointless to do so. I shall provide you a quote by Helen Keller to try to explain my point I hope I can. Thank you as always for your kind words. I felt melancholic earlier but now it has passed, our mission continues we shall make this world a better and safer place for all humankind!!!

#497225 Mar 2, 2013
Welp, heading out... Sora & Seraphine, would like to ask some more questions on your Baha'i beliefs some time in the future if you wouldn't mind it.

Location hidden

#497226 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, here is the quote at this point now that I look at it I do not think it has anything to do with what we are discussing right now but I like this very much.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Helen Keller

This one I like even better:

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
Helen Keller

Even if they are not related to what we shall speak of it matters not because these words are strength. Helen Keller was another person that Sora and I admire very much for her strength of character and conviction.

Location hidden

#497227 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard of the Baha'i faith when I was studying up some on the U.N about a couple of years ago... was some of that video that I posted earlier true?'bout being assigned a card and such? It's the first time that I've ever heard of that.
Bonsoir Qu, we are deeply familiar with the Baha'i faith and we respect them immensely for their suffering and martyrdom (They are persecuted by Christians and Muslims alike) yet still proclaim their message which resonates with ours but we are Catholic.

Location hidden

#497228 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Welp, heading out... Sora & Seraphine, would like to ask some more questions on your Baha'i beliefs some time in the future if you wouldn't mind it.
Bonsoir Qu, as mentioned previously we are not Baha'i but we respect the beliefs of all people and we see the world as they do. Sora and I believe in interfaith dialogue as do they. We share many of their beliefs save for a key few. More information on their faith here: www.bahai.org/ just because Sora and I do not agree with a person's beliefs that does not mean we cannot find common ground. May I ask how did you come to the conclusion that you believed we were Baha'i?

#497229 Mar 2, 2013
sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame Eyes; Seraphine's praise lightens my soul and warms my heart as always; we are sending our posts from a hotel. Since they do not have a chess bord we shall have to procure one. Stereotypes to me are the very embodiment of what is wrong with humanity; although formed out of half-opinions and half-lies they take on a life of their own. We should take the time to get to know and deeply understand our fellow humans as SERAPHINE AND I ARE BAHAI and we believe all people are made equal. The rain earlier prevented our departure to handle some business with several prospective clients; I fear with the rain we shall have to make other arrangements. Truth and justice in my opinion are usually concealed from people; I find it is easier for them to be manipulated in this way hence the reason why stereotypes exist. Segregated and socially isolated people are often ignorant of the world around them I find in my travels I can attest to this.
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TFRIOUVJLDI1K...

#497230 Mar 2, 2013
sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame Eyes; I am honored and elated to know that you understand my point; for many do not. Justice is very subjective ma cher; growing up in Martinique I could tell you stories that will make your blood boil with outrage; but I would rather spare you this knowledge and much of it for myself is still very painful to me. Seperation of faiths and people is indeed an evil thing; Bahai the world over are murdered because we challenge that idea but as you yourself mentioned that is another story for a another time. So am I to understand then that you are familiar with the TEACHINGS OF BAHAI? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OUR FAITH?
Same page on link.

Location hidden

#497231 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Bonsoir Qu, we reconverted a while back to our roots, we were raised and baptized Catholic however we are very pleased with the time spent amongst them but alas it was not where we were needed and we parted ways amicably with them. I am sure you can understand where we are coming from with this. We feel that religion is a road that one must travel until they come to a place where they are comfortable. We still maintain ties and fellowship with them to this day. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#497232 Mar 2, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami,*Sighs* far from it, I am tired of seeing this every day, it seems to me my mission is failing miserably.
Bonsoir mon Seraphine... many in the front-line go in with all guns blazing – provoking – and forget there are those in the rear guard who are there to back them up.

Their intention may be their mission, but, sometimes egos get in the way, forgetting they are not the head pins... nor are they the only ones who are used in battle. It takes all kinds to carry out such team effort.

By the time their anger against such is at boiling point, there are no words left called kindness... or 'do unto others as you would like them to do to you...” when hate breeds hate as equally as love... and born of the same emotion... it combats as such.

You will remember one of the ten commandment – 2nd.- which goes on to say...“for I am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

Many know it as Kama, or,'what goes around comes around' and I know you know this... We could go on quoting forever and still never achieve the goal which only time can bring about.

We say that Time belongs to God... and knowing the essence of this, we all are but one drop of water in the Ocean of His Plan, Time and Space. It is a fact that from a Biblical view...“the inhabitants as are grasshoppers...” There is much 'jealousy' in the Christian Faith also between many.

Not all of us visit other threads here in topix, and many who have, have brought with them others over time who follow them. So the newer folk find where there was once seeming peace – and I say that with respect – for all have their own approach to such vast subject matter... but not all are so kind, be they Christian or otherwise, even of none.

Where the past catches up, there is always some-one who - like and accident of occurrence - just cops the flak for being in the line of fire. It is said that 'the guiltiest always make the loudest noise'. In here I see 'some' who 'need' each other. If it were not so, there would not be such an exchange of words.

&li st=UUQQu4k32ZA8jpdFDXiJ-rKg &index=10

I trust for now if nothing else, you will know you are not alone... nor disheartened.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#497233 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Same page on link.
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu, we are not sorry to have been involved in the Baha'i faith we learned much from them as we learn from all people. Our religion of choice is hardly an issue here for many and we hope that it does not become one now. We are Catholic, perhaps we always have been when we were involved with the Baha'i we maintained close ties to the Catholic Church and their came a point when we felt like we needed to return to it. All life is a learning experience Monsieur Qu, and what one learns from it is the responsibility of the individual.

Location hidden

#497234 Mar 2, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon Seraphine... many in the front-line go in with all guns blazing – provoking – and forget there are those in the rear guard who are there to back them up.
Their intention may be their mission, but, sometimes egos get in the way, forgetting they are not the head pins... nor are they the only ones who are used in battle. It takes all kinds to carry out such team effort.
By the time their anger against such is at boiling point, there are no words left called kindness... or 'do unto others as you would like them to do to you...” when hate breeds hate as equally as love... and born of the same emotion... it combats as such.
You will remember one of the ten commandment – 2nd.- which goes on to say...“for I am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”
Many know it as Kama, or,'what goes around comes around' and I know you know this... We could go on quoting forever and still never achieve the goal which only time can bring about.
We say that Time belongs to God... and knowing the essence of this, we all are but one drop of water in the Ocean of His Plan, Time and Space. It is a fact that from a Biblical view...“the inhabitants as are grasshoppers...” There is much 'jealousy' in the Christian Faith also between many.
Not all of us visit other threads here in topix, and many who have, have brought with them others over time who follow them. So the newer folk find where there was once seeming peace – and I say that with respect – for all have their own approach to such vast subject matter... but not all are so kind, be they Christian or otherwise, even of none.
Where the past catches up, there is always some-one who - like and accident of occurrence - just cops the flak for being in the line of fire. It is said that 'the guiltiest always make the loudest noise'. In here I see 'some' who 'need' each other. If it were not so, there would not be such an exchange of words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5Ax1N0loKE0XX&list=UUQQu4 k32ZA8jpdFDXiJ-rKg&index=1 0
I trust for now if nothing else, you will know you are not alone... nor disheartened.
Bonsoir mon amie, thank you very much. The road Sora and I are traveling on is an interesting one. I am never alone for I know there are others out there who believe as I and whon no doubt are on the same mission as us although how they accomplish it is something that they shall have to answer to God for. I believe God is love period...and I live this every day of my life. Anger if not properly channeled can and is destructive to the individual and those around them. We have traveled far and we are still going toward our goal since we are only in our thirties right now hopefully God shall see fit that we live long and fruiful lives saving others from anger, sadness and melancholia etc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Lbj 28,452
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min Lbj 44,146
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Translator 445,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Rosesz 637,402
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 48 min Voyeur 38,009
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 49 min little lamb 18,502
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 4,747
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Toby 968,774
More from around the web