Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#497230 Mar 2, 2013
sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame Eyes; I am honored and elated to know that you understand my point; for many do not. Justice is very subjective ma cher; growing up in Martinique I could tell you stories that will make your blood boil with outrage; but I would rather spare you this knowledge and much of it for myself is still very painful to me. Seperation of faiths and people is indeed an evil thing; Bahai the world over are murdered because we challenge that idea but as you yourself mentioned that is another story for a another time. So am I to understand then that you are familiar with the TEACHINGS OF BAHAI? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OUR FAITH?
Same page on link.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#497231 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Bonsoir Qu, we reconverted a while back to our roots, we were raised and baptized Catholic however we are very pleased with the time spent amongst them but alas it was not where we were needed and we parted ways amicably with them. I am sure you can understand where we are coming from with this. We feel that religion is a road that one must travel until they come to a place where they are comfortable. We still maintain ties and fellowship with them to this day. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#497232 Mar 2, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami,*Sighs* far from it, I am tired of seeing this every day, it seems to me my mission is failing miserably.
Bonsoir mon Seraphine... many in the front-line go in with all guns blazing – provoking – and forget there are those in the rear guard who are there to back them up.

Their intention may be their mission, but, sometimes egos get in the way, forgetting they are not the head pins... nor are they the only ones who are used in battle. It takes all kinds to carry out such team effort.

By the time their anger against such is at boiling point, there are no words left called kindness... or 'do unto others as you would like them to do to you...” when hate breeds hate as equally as love... and born of the same emotion... it combats as such.

You will remember one of the ten commandment – 2nd.- which goes on to say...“for I am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

Many know it as Kama, or,'what goes around comes around' and I know you know this... We could go on quoting forever and still never achieve the goal which only time can bring about.

We say that Time belongs to God... and knowing the essence of this, we all are but one drop of water in the Ocean of His Plan, Time and Space. It is a fact that from a Biblical view...“the inhabitants as are grasshoppers...” There is much 'jealousy' in the Christian Faith also between many.

Not all of us visit other threads here in topix, and many who have, have brought with them others over time who follow them. So the newer folk find where there was once seeming peace – and I say that with respect – for all have their own approach to such vast subject matter... but not all are so kind, be they Christian or otherwise, even of none.

Where the past catches up, there is always some-one who - like and accident of occurrence - just cops the flak for being in the line of fire. It is said that 'the guiltiest always make the loudest noise'. In here I see 'some' who 'need' each other. If it were not so, there would not be such an exchange of words.

&li st=UUQQu4k32ZA8jpdFDXiJ-rKg &index=10

I trust for now if nothing else, you will know you are not alone... nor disheartened.
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#497233 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Same page on link.
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu, we are not sorry to have been involved in the Baha'i faith we learned much from them as we learn from all people. Our religion of choice is hardly an issue here for many and we hope that it does not become one now. We are Catholic, perhaps we always have been when we were involved with the Baha'i we maintained close ties to the Catholic Church and their came a point when we felt like we needed to return to it. All life is a learning experience Monsieur Qu, and what one learns from it is the responsibility of the individual.

Location hidden

#497234 Mar 2, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon Seraphine... many in the front-line go in with all guns blazing – provoking – and forget there are those in the rear guard who are there to back them up.
Their intention may be their mission, but, sometimes egos get in the way, forgetting they are not the head pins... nor are they the only ones who are used in battle. It takes all kinds to carry out such team effort.
By the time their anger against such is at boiling point, there are no words left called kindness... or 'do unto others as you would like them to do to you...” when hate breeds hate as equally as love... and born of the same emotion... it combats as such.
You will remember one of the ten commandment – 2nd.- which goes on to say...“for I am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”
Many know it as Kama, or,'what goes around comes around' and I know you know this... We could go on quoting forever and still never achieve the goal which only time can bring about.
We say that Time belongs to God... and knowing the essence of this, we all are but one drop of water in the Ocean of His Plan, Time and Space. It is a fact that from a Biblical view...“the inhabitants as are grasshoppers...” There is much 'jealousy' in the Christian Faith also between many.
Not all of us visit other threads here in topix, and many who have, have brought with them others over time who follow them. So the newer folk find where there was once seeming peace – and I say that with respect – for all have their own approach to such vast subject matter... but not all are so kind, be they Christian or otherwise, even of none.
Where the past catches up, there is always some-one who - like and accident of occurrence - just cops the flak for being in the line of fire. It is said that 'the guiltiest always make the loudest noise'. In here I see 'some' who 'need' each other. If it were not so, there would not be such an exchange of words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5Ax1N0loKE0XX&list=UUQQu4 k32ZA8jpdFDXiJ-rKg&index=1 0
I trust for now if nothing else, you will know you are not alone... nor disheartened.
Bonsoir mon amie, thank you very much. The road Sora and I are traveling on is an interesting one. I am never alone for I know there are others out there who believe as I and whon no doubt are on the same mission as us although how they accomplish it is something that they shall have to answer to God for. I believe God is love period...and I live this every day of my life. Anger if not properly channeled can and is destructive to the individual and those around them. We have traveled far and we are still going toward our goal since we are only in our thirties right now hopefully God shall see fit that we live long and fruiful lives saving others from anger, sadness and melancholia etc...

Location hidden

#497235 Mar 2, 2013
To Brother Lee Love,

Bonsoir mon ami, thank you again. We should talk more sometime and I believe Sora would be honored to meet you. Bonne nuit.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#497236 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice research!
I think that this topic of defamation of atheists deserves attention. Unbelievers are not helpless to object. Christians that do so need to have their noses rubbed in it a little and be subjected to some of their own medicine in order to learn that this knife cuts both ways. Christians can be "demonized" as well, and their lives be made more difficult and more unpleasant just as easily.
Of course, they'll whine about it being bigotry and stereotyping, but it's really tough love if we're helping them learn, right? Love the slanderer but hate the slander.
;)
I agree.

Location hidden

#497237 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Quotes from the gay person in the link provided.
Just a suggestion. The above might have shown more of the true nature of the intent if you had typed it to read as:

Qu_innocence wrote: <suggested text> Quotes from the gay person in the link provided by the gay hater.

See?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#497238 Mar 2, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, thank you very much. The road Sora and I are traveling on is an interesting one. I am never alone for I know there are others out there who believe as I and whon no doubt are on the same mission as us although how they accomplish it is something that they shall have to answer to God for. I believe God is love period...and I live this every day of my life. Anger if not properly channeled can and is destructive to the individual and those around them. We have traveled far and we are still going toward our goal since we are only in our thirties right now hopefully God shall see fit that we live long and fruitful lives saving others from anger, sadness and melancholia etc...
I see while I was writing, you have found your own... I am not here to argue or debate religion – even tho I attend no church I am of the Christian Faith, and know 100% that God truly is Love - it is Life more abundant when such things as one calls evil is overcome, that I share.

It is also hard to believe by many – even tho they say they believe – that this can be attained. But as witness to this here would be no words to express this joy found beyond all that binds, nor anything left as subject matter to even speak of. Does that sound far fetched?

And yet... one cannot stand back and not aid during an emergency... and when that vision before us is war-like... it is easy to see where misunderstandings lie.

You have covered much ground in your young lives, which many of us have done. And sadly, many too begin with the same hopes and dreams in life... even their callings. No doubt you too have seen enough death and destruction to bring you into this one battle ground. Death of Hope, of Love, of Peace, of all that was held dear... with only a fighting spirit left to hold onto Life itself.

God Bless and for me now over and out, as I have much to do where I am as well. It is called hunger, and there are others to feed.

Location hidden

#497239 Mar 2, 2013
I think that this topic of defamation of atheists deserves attention. ;)
I agree, and I'll use your comment as a segue to possibly illustrate something, if you don't mind.

All atheists - are aware of our status in society. We never have to mention the status if we happen to encounter a person and learn that they are atheist, and that's rare, to just run across an atheist, as we know, except in these venues. I know 4-5 atheists here locally. Maybe 6.

This is our status; The atheist is automatically suspect and whatever is suspected, the almost immediate conclusion is: "That's what atheists do!".

All it takes is to say: "I am atheist" - nothing else,- and almost literally, an entire population of a large country feels they must dislike, be suspicious of you, or eliminate you for just one word.

Atheist.

I am the father of a fine 16 year old boy, wait - young man - and have raised him since he was 15 months old with no assistance. Sole custody. Just me.

I am an atheist.

I am a Honorably Discharged U.S Army Veteran. Ft.Knox BCT.3rd Bn. Alpha 3/7 "Ram Rods", Ft.Campbell, 2nd Bn. 506th Infantry Regiment AA "Renegades", Ft.Lee, 1st Tng Bn. Whisky 2/9 Quartermaster., Ft.Bliss 1/65th, 11th ADA BN. DSMB Plt. ARSOP. Ft Clayton 193 Inf. Bde. DSP MBT., ARSOP <=That's not all.

I am an atheist.

After my service in the regular Army, I worked for a defense contractor and helped produce over 2000 Tomahawk Cruise Missiles, worked on the F-117, the F/A-18, components of the Space Shuttle, and various other military and Aerospace projects. A team leader.

I am an atheist.

I am a former Final Inspector for the Federal Aviation Administration, and was a special liaison responsible for inspection on the B-2, performed work on every major Airline, signed off on Airworthiness Certificates and never had a deficiency. Hundreds of people every day trusted and depended on my work and abilities. I received an award for "Most Integrity", voted on by 60 of my peers. Twice. A couple shiny little plaques. No idea where they are packed.

I am an atheist.

My son and I moved back to the NE Georgia/SE Tennessee area - where I grew up. I sold our place out west, and was fortunate enough to purchase a house with some land here. I went back to doing what I'd grown up doing because we heated with wood back then. I started a small tree service and also sell firewood to support ourselves, sometimes giving it to people who can't afford it.

It's a simple life, no pressure, it pays the bills. We're good. During the tornadoes a while back, the power was out. We listened to a small AM radio as all around us the tornadoes and storms were hitting and the radio announcer put out an emergency request for help because the local emergency rescue workers couldn't handle all the calls. They needed assistance from people who could handle a chainsaw or just help. Anything. Everywhere. There was a house with a newborn little girl, her Mother and Aunt, trapped, and rescue couldn't get to them. One of many announcements that night. All around was devastation and travel was already limited. It was just down the road, and I could get close to there so I went.

Others showed up too. We cut like madmen, relentlessly, with only the lights from vehicles to see by and there was tree after tree and we couldn't get there fast enough.

The mother survived.

I still think about it. That's the way things go, but we wanted to get them all. So bad.

I am an atheist.

I could tell you all kinds of things about myself, like how I open doors for the elderly, the young, and all humans, sometimes picking up my step just so I can.

I am an atheist.

I have been for close to 25 years of the 50 I've lived.

I am an atheist.

Some here may be reading along, and thinking:

"SO WHAT? YOU'RE AN ATHEIST! WHO CARES?"

Right.

I agree.

If only the status worked like that.

I am an atheist.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#497240 Mar 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>?? can you point to an example on the billboard of a Christian that think if a person does not think as a Christian they are wicked and not a good person?
Seriously. I never see any Christian on here say if you not part of the Christian Religion you wicked and no good. so please, endulge me.
Because I know a lot of Hindus and Muslims and most of them are good hard working law abiding people, so I want to know who you talking about.
A lot of Christians treated me differently when I announced I'm no longer a Christian, so did a lot of non Christians, there are bigots on both sides, I think, but there are wonderful peeps like you, Clownie, Doc, G, Gracie, Epi, Senecus, X (sometimes lol), Qu, Skom, Serah, RR (I think), Lil Whispers, Larry, backwards angel, water nymph, BT and a few others...

Most of us muck around but some here are just plain vicious and I would treat them the same for that reason, nothing to do with personal beliefs.

I <3 you Bro :-)

Location hidden

#497241 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
No. Have you?
<quoted text>
I went to a good church. But it couldn't prevent me from seeing the lies of Christianity, especially the god lie.
<quoted text>
Yep.
<quoted text>
Nope.
When you claim that America is a Christian country, do you mean all Americans are Christians?
<quoted text>
But your church is homophobic, and as a result, so is much of America.
You need to get out more. Did you see the toddler Happy Lesbo linked to? He's already mouthing homophobic hate speech.
"Toddler Sings in Church 'Ain't No Homos Gonna Make It to Heaven'"
http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/30/indiana-toddler...
Where do you suppose he learned that? On Sesame Street? In day care? Maybe he learned it from one of these pastors:
"Kill Gay People - North Carolina Pastor's Outrageous Sermon"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uu4q2-nbvrwXX
"Pastor Harris explains telling parents to punch girlish sons"
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Your claims that you've never heard of any of this are untenable.
<quoted text>
< Orange juice shoots through nose >
The Christians on this thread belie that claim. I find most of them extremely partisan and quite unjust.
Good post.

Also, I've seen it said a few times that the bible does not teach homophobia, or that is not a part of doctrine.

It is a part of doctrine. The codified doctrine of every last person who claims they are a Christian, and uses a bible - the bible being the codified doctrine of Christianity - no matter what other denominational doctrine a Christian may adhere to, or a personally developed doctrine they may also utilize.

There is one that all Christians use as a basis for the belief.

I'm just going to use one word from the codified doctrine - the bible - that specifies the nature of the homophobia that is taught.

Noun: abomination
1. A person who is loathsome or disgusting
2. Hate coupled with disgust
3. An action that is vicious or vile; an action that arouses disgust or abhorrence

WordWeb Pro 6.6

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#497242 Mar 2, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of Christians treated me differently when I announced I'm no longer a Christian, so did a lot of non Christians, there are bigots on both sides, I think, but there are wonderful peeps like you, Clownie, Doc, G, Gracie, Epi, Senecus, X (sometimes lol), Qu, Skom, Serah, RR (I think), Lil Whispers, Larry, backwards angel, water nymph, BT and a few others...
Most of us muck around but some here are just plain vicious and I would treat them the same for that reason, nothing to do with personal beliefs.
I <3 you Bro :-)
You're going to be treated different if you change your religion.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497243 Mar 2, 2013
Video covering some common fallacies:

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#497244 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I am an atheist.
That video I posted gets FUNNY at the end.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#497245 Mar 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, and I'll use your comment as a segue to possibly illustrate something, if you don't mind.
All atheists - are aware of our status in society. We never have to mention the status if we happen to encounter a person and learn that they are atheist, and that's rare, to just run across an atheist, as we know, except in these venues. I know 4-5 atheists here locally. Maybe 6.
This is our status; The atheist is automatically suspect and whatever is suspected, the almost immediate conclusion is: "That's what atheists do!".
All it takes is to say: "I am atheist" - nothing else,- and almost literally, an entire population of a large country feels they must dislike, be suspicious of you, or eliminate you for just one word.
Atheist.
I am the father of a fine 16 year old boy, wait - young man - and have raised him since he was 15 months old with no assistance. Sole custody. Just me.
I am an atheist.
I am a Honorably Discharged U.S Army Veteran. Ft.Knox BCT.3rd Bn. Alpha 3/7 "Ram Rods", Ft.Campbell, 2nd Bn. 506th Infantry Regiment AA "Renegades", Ft.Lee, 1st Tng Bn. Whisky 2/9 Quartermaster., Ft.Bliss 1/65th, 11th ADA BN. DSMB Plt. ARSOP. Ft Clayton 193 Inf. Bde. DSP MBT., ARSOP <=That's not all.
I am an atheist.
After my service in the regular Army, I worked for a defense contractor and helped produce over 2000 Tomahawk Cruise Missiles, worked on the F-117, the F/A-18, components of the Space Shuttle, and various other military and Aerospace projects. A team leader.
I am an atheist.
I am a former Final Inspector for the Federal Aviation Administration, and was a special liaison responsible for inspection on the B-2, performed work on every major Airline, signed off on Airworthiness Certificates and never had a deficiency. Hundreds of people every day trusted and depended on my work and abilities. I received an award for "Most Integrity", voted on by 60 of my peers. Twice. A couple shiny little plaques. No idea where they are packed.
I am an atheist.
My son and I moved back to the NE Georgia/SE Tennessee area - where I grew up. I sold our place out west, and was fortunate enough to purchase a house with some land here. I went back to doing what I'd grown up doing because we heated with wood back then. I started a small tree service and also sell firewood to support ourselves, sometimes giving it to people who can't afford it.
It's a simple life, no pressure, it pays the bills. We're good. During the tornadoes a while back, the power was out. We listened to a small AM radio as all around us the tornadoes and storms were hitting and the radio announcer put out an emergency request for help because the local emergency rescue workers couldn't handle all the calls. They needed assistance from people who could handle a chainsaw or just help. Anything. Everywhere. There was a house with a newborn little girl, her Mother and Aunt, trapped, and rescue couldn't get to them. One of many announcements that night. All around was devastation and travel was already limited. It was just down the road, and I could get close to there so I went.
Others showed up too. We cut like madmen, relentlessly, with only the lights from vehicles to see by and there was tree after tree and we couldn't get there fast enough.
The mother survived.
I still think about it. That's the way things go, but we wanted to get them all. So bad.
I am an atheist.
I could tell you all kinds of things about myself, like how I open doors for the elderly, the young, and all humans, sometimes picking up my step just so I can.
I am an atheist.
I have been for close to 25 years of the 50 I've lived.
I am an atheist.
Some here may be reading along, and thinking:
"SO WHAT? YOU'RE AN ATHEIST! WHO CARES?"
Right.
I agree.
If only the status worked like that.
I am an atheist.
I commend you 'scaritual'- and if this is you - find it sad that anyone must give a such full rundown of their life, in order to be accepted. Thank you for sharing.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497246 Mar 3, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I commend you 'scaritual'- and if this is you - find it sad that anyone must give a such full rundown of their life, in order to be accepted. Thank you for sharing.
I accepted him before I knew all that but I'm an atheist.

Location hidden

#497247 Mar 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That video I posted gets FUNNY at the end.
I'm watching right now. These guys usually have some pretty good stuff.

Location hidden

#497248 Mar 3, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That really wasn't the point.

The point was that there are many people, who after they know I am an atheist will completely change their perception concerning myself.

For instance, I could have came to this thread, presented myself as a Christian and said the exact same things I provided above about myself - minus the statement: I am an atheist - and many here would see that as a great testimony.

But that isn't how it works, is it.

Location hidden

#497249 Mar 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I accepted him before I knew all that but I'm an atheist.
'xactly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tellthetruth 995,053
How to make an interracial relationship work 31 min malvin48 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 43 min Julia 71,614
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Gay Equals Pervert 699,410
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,406
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 3 hr Jank 55