“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#497119 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Why do you think that matters? We keep seeing this answer. Dim offers it, too.
Is Jeff Dahmer not as bad a guy because some days he ate pizza instead of people?
No. It'd be more like saying humans are evil murderers because Dahmer is a murderer.

You can't stereotype all for the negative acts or impacts of few.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#497120 Mar 2, 2013
Exodus 6:2-3
And 'Elohiym spake unto Mosheh, and said unto him, I am Yahoweh:
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Yitschaq, and unto Yaaqob, by 'El Shadday, but by my name YAHOWEH was I not known to them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#497121 Mar 2, 2013
Without your church, there would be no reason to think that any atheist is less than human just for being an atheist.
Who thinks you are less human because you're an atheist?
Why should we value your church just because some of you don't become atheist haters under its tutelage?
I'm not suggesting that you value Christians, so why ask?

And don't say "church"... In that one sentence you asked about the church and "some of you" at the same time. That tells me you know "the church" is Christian people. Just be honest.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#497122 Mar 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been behaving today?
hahaha; I have - it is glorious down here, a great Autumn day, with the sun shining nicely. Have done my chores as such, played some darts (trying to get a bit more accurate as it has been years since I played) and now, off to get ready for a couple of hours at the pool. After the pool, will be in the steam room and the spa and then a nice long deserved shower; ending of this week and getting ready to start the next week. End of month at work of course, so many reports to get organised and balanced, ready for the Board. A very balanced life, in my eyes at least, Dr Reality, with a little bit of many things to make it interesting :O)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#497123 Mar 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>~~grin~~ That was my response in a nutshell.
Because only YHWH God can make a person a Jesus follower. And since his response is basically [I don't believe in your God], then that pretty much shut me down to. Because I can't do anything with that response. I only is a man, only God make the believer.
Ya, seriously.

Scar "I'm an atheist."

ArAr "Great. Now what?"

Scar ".........."

Scar "remember that one time where you said this and said that?"

ArAr O_o

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#497124 Mar 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Clem. Where ya been ??..
.. still a virgin ??..
Hey, cutie babe!!

I was on my half-term holidays! I missed all ya guys and i know ya missed me too, i can tell!

Unfortunately I still am, that'll be a special day for me so i'm gonna make sure the whole world knows it, lol!

Location hidden

#497126 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Keep 'em away from the bong....
Dw, i'm gonna keep them far away from u too, booze brain! U'r a bad influence!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#497127 Mar 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
HL, you have hit the nail on the head.
You have in effect compressed, into a short post, an argument that will be made in the U.S. Supreme Court, in an amicus curiae brief, in the pending gay marriage cases.
The brief is from......Howard University.
Anybody know what type of institution HU is?
Nonsectarian. They don't relate to a specific religious or political group.

Go Bisons!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#497128 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Dw, i'm gonna keep them far away from u too, booze brain! U'r a bad influence!
Bad influence?!? On whom?

*cracks a beer*

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497129 Mar 2, 2013
Recopied from previous posting : "You're not used to these opinions, and you are shocked and offended that people that hold them can now express them. I would like the Christian church to become as impotent and silent as the Druids. Christians have had that agenda regarding their critics for centuries, and had once been quite successful at stifling criticism. "Until secularists made them illegal, their preferred methods had been burning people - especially women - alive, stretching and twisting them on the rack, impaling them in the iron maiden, and lacerating their internal organs and soft tissues with the pear to name a few. "Thereafter, you simply marginalized and dehumanized us, declaring us unfit to serve as teachers, jurors and witnesses in court, elected officials, coaches, and adoptive parents. But that too is disappearing. Today, you have to settle for keying our cars, harassing our children, boycotting our businesses, libeling and slandering us behind our backs, and cruelly executing our pets."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I am?? Gee, I wish I knew that I was offended..... To steal your words, why don't you ask me instead of assuming?
Seriously?

The words were in quotation marks. You were told that they were recopied from another post. They weren't written to you. They were reposted for you to read.

Recopied from a previous post: "? Conversing with either you or Tweedle-Dim is like rolling a boulder uphill."
" I would like the Christian church to become as impotent and silent as the Druids."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Tough shit. We're here and we're here to stay. You have to find a way to coexist with us.
This has nothing to do with you. You're welcome to stay. So is the church, but at a much reduced size.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Keying cars? Harassing kids? Executing pets?!?!?!?!?!Who is doing all these evil things, "the church"?
The church is responsible. Just as it is the primary source of Westerm homophobia, it is also the primary or sole source of atheophobia. I hold it accountable.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497130 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, I'm asking you to believe that I don't know. I've never heard of someone cutting off a dogs head because of Christianity, or any religion for that matter. Are you talking about an isolated incident or what?
No I'm not. And you're so ill-informed that it is impossible to discuss the reality of your church with you.

But that's fine. You don't need to understand. You don't need to agree.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're accusations are baseless and pointless.
Your judgments are of no value to me. You are completely unaware of how atheists are treated, and apparently uninterested. There is a reason why we are mostly closeted.

"Is America the sort of country where Christians can harass an atheist girl in school, assault her father, then blame the father for the assault and file criminal charges against him? Is America the sort of country where the father can be told to leave the state if he wants the charges dropped? Yes, America is that sort of country because American Christians can be exactly that sort of person."
http://atheism.about.com/b/2006/06/30/atheist...

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#497131 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
lol, It just left me a bit confused, i was in serious shock!
Now, every time i look at my teddy bears i think they're having sex when i'm not lookin' at 'em, it just ain't right to show kids that kinda stuff! LOL!
It's not a movie for kids.

How many teddy bears do you have? Is there more now than you remember? Maybe they've had babies already!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#497133 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, seriously.
Scar "I'm an atheist."
ArAr "Great. Now what?"
Scar ".........."
Scar "remember that one time where you said this and said that?"
ArAr O_o
roflmo....you make it read quite hilarious...lol..

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#497134 Mar 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. hi ya Clem. Where ya been ??..
.. still a virgin ??..
Ask her teddy bears.

Do you have lots of teddies?

Location hidden

#497135 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad influence?!? On whom?
*cracks a beer*
All u guys r 'bad', look what u people have done to me!! LOOK!

Nah, nah, nah, don't turn this on me, u know i'm right, just put your hands up.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#497136 Mar 2, 2013

Seriously?
The words were in quotation marks. You were told that they were recopied from another post. They weren't written to you. They were reposted for you to read.
Recopied from a previous post: "? Conversing with either you or Tweedle-Dim is like rolling a boulder uphill."
Why bother reposting a post to me that was meant for another poster?

Then you agree that I'm not offended.

Good.
This has nothing to do with you. You're welcome to stay.
Nothing to do with me?

lol

Can you post your thoughts on more than one line?
So is the church, but at a much reduced size.
LMAO!!!

Is that in the imaginary topix world of IANS?

That ain't happening, man.
The church is responsible. Just as it is the primary source of Westerm homophobia, it is also the primary or sole source of atheophobia. I hold it accountable.
What church?

Who?

Did a building key your car and cut your dogs head off?

Can you be specific JUST ONCE??

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#497137 Mar 2, 2013
A friend of mine is missing his left arm. When he grows it back, I'll believe your prayers have real biological meaning. Until then, I suppose they mean something to you.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Your point is meaningless and without substance, Prayer is not a waste of time to the believer as it has worked wonders in the lives of those who believe when mixed in with faith, and since you obviously do not believe then kindly speak only for YOUSELF and stop telling others that they are wasting their time praying.
What is it with reading comprehension on this thread?

Do you not see the part where I write "I suppose they have some meaning to you."?

The very best that prayer can do is unite believers - and produce the placebo effect. Don't get me wrong, those are very powerful and important effects.

It also misguides some, but not all, into thinking that some medical intervention only worked b/c of their deity and not the chemical effects of modern medicine.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#497138 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it. You know that turns me on.
Autobots...roll out!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#497139 Mar 2, 2013
No I'm not. And you're so ill-informed that it is impossible to discuss the reality of your church with you.
But that's fine. You don't need to understand. You don't need to agree.
There's that atheist mantra.... "You just don't understand."
Your judgments are of no value to me. You are completely unaware of how atheists are treated, and apparently uninterested. There is a reason why we are mostly closeted.
No, I don't understand. Which is why I'm asking an atheist to help me understand.....

But you don't, you just play that broken record.
"Is America the sort of country where Christians can harass an atheist girl in school, assault her father, then blame the father for the assault and file criminal charges against him? Is America the sort of country where the father can be told to leave the state if he wants the charges dropped? Yes, America is that sort of country because American Christians can be exactly that sort of person."
http://atheism.about.com/b/2006/06/30/atheist...
More opinions? What the hell is that?!?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#497140 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just a bump, darlin...
A symbiote then? Does it speak?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Pegasus 265,483
Gay snapchat names 17 min boygyhoy 183
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Chris Clearwater 175,786
November 2014 central point Oregon Wade Phillip... 22 min nichols 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Lumajuice 778,847
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Kannan 5,528
Moses never existed 1 hr Khatru 839
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Tony17 560,588
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 hr UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,923
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) Sat risque 137
More from around the web