Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#497064 Mar 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. some religious sects are inherently evil. The CHILDREN OF GOD was a twisted cult that claimed pedophilia was natural, good and right. Need I mention HEAVEN'S GATE or the currently active FLDS sect that continues to assign husbands to girls after their first menstrual cycle ??..
.. except for reading William James, I'm rather unfamiliar with religion and the survival instinct. Would appreciate any input you, or anyone else, can provide, especially HFY ..
I have no special information, just a thought i had. You I'm sure have heard of stories of animals and humans eating their young to survive..........

My main point is that evil has no allegiance. Atheists (much like liberals) tend to think and ascribe themselves as having more or better morals then others who think differently then themselves..........

Pol pot was no angel, nor Joseph Stalin just to mention a couple..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#497065 Mar 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Now rider has no one ever taught you to stay down wind not up wind when thoses come slippin by.lol It when the slip in the bedroom when one is sleep that get abit rough ya know lol one thinks do I dive for the covers or pillow but pillow is a safety net ya know and sometimes one can not tell if it a snore or a slip of the other perfume.lol I hear it said,they are smelless.lol have a good one and be sure and use pill for safety net lol lol.you live longer that way lol lol cause I heard tell some can be real killers.lol lol
:o)

Have a good weekend LW..........

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#497066 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great, good for you.
Now what?
Remember this, RiversideRedneck? You posted this, RiversideRedneck.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/topstor...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I found this one, that exposes a fake atheist report that African Christians in Nigeria burned these people.
In that post you made, you specifically said the story was faked by atheists. I searched the article you linked to, and it doesn't mention atheists at all. I pointed this out in this response. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/topstor...

You said the story was faked by atheists.

It wasn't. The report was actually faked by a member of Judaism, and several Christian sites promoted it, too. I discovered that, and posted this http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

You said this.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I found this one, that exposes a fake atheist report that African Christians in Nigeria burned these people.
Why would you say that? It's a very specific statement.

Could you supply the link where > you < read that it "exposes a fake atheist report" ? I looked in a pretty thorough search across the Internet, and never found anything that even remotely indicated that was a "faked atheist report". Nothing.

When I asked you about that, you said:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
They ain't gonna openly admit: "Hey, this is a report from an atheist!".....
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/topstor...

But, you'd already said that it was a faked atheist report. How did you know it was a fake atheist report when you say that they weren't going to openly admit it was an atheist report?

Did you lie?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your Jesus! is watching, RiversideRedneck.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#497067 Mar 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says God wrote the Bible. The Bible threatens a harsh punishment to anyone modifying the Bible. The Bible threatens eternal torture to anyone who doesn't accept the truth of the Bible.
The Bible was written by men of absolutely no special standing. The Bible is a product of the culture in which it was written. It represents values that by all rights, should have been discarded long ago. It is unfortunate that so many believed it to be the word of an actual deity. That is an honest tragedy. The world has suffered greatly for it.
I'm suffering after watching Ted! I'm scarred for life! I saw the teddy doin' it, DOIN' IT!!!!!! O it burns, oh my God, somebody help me, please!!!!! And I heard the C word too!!! OMG, OMG AND OMG!!! O the pain!!!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497068 Mar 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Capn' BT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Fnske4UYJgoXX
Esp. at mins. 3:13 and 5:59
The new world theocracy...Their policy is that of shadows and bondage, not that of freedom and light.
And where are they ? Of all places... Megiddo.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#497069 Mar 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called confirmation bias.
A rational skeptic avoids confirmation bias. It is nothing to be happy about. It means you cannot learn.
<quoted text>
Well ~ you obviously have no idea of what I have learned in a lifetime..... confirmed bias?

#497070 Mar 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says God wrote the Bible. The Bible threatens a harsh punishment to anyone modifying the Bible. The Bible threatens eternal torture to anyone who doesn't accept the truth of the Bible.
The Bible was written by men of absolutely no special standing. The Bible is a product of the culture in which it was written. It represents values that by all rights, should have been discarded long ago. It is unfortunate that so many believed it to be the word of an actual deity. That is an honest tragedy. The world has suffered greatly for it.
Please quote the Scripture that tells us that GOD wrote the Bible...

#497071 Mar 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Life can be one big adventure.Like you changing jobs sometime one can be going along lookin for a job and bingo turn the cornor there it is in living color.Amazing where ones feet carry them.If I was to hang scripture I run out of wall space.It just best I woren out the book and has it stood strong like the word in it thru useage with the passage of time and putting up of me digging thru it.
haha.... I too have much hanging on my walls, but only once felt the need to hang a picture of JESUS with Scriptures ~ when I packed up and left the old office, I took down the Scriptures and brought them home. They look great on the wall alongside of my bed, and will always remind me of what Faith and Strength in Faith can give us :)

#497072 Mar 2, 2013
Matthew 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#497073 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Right, and there are the barely veiled comments that all atheists are demons. hahaa. So, some Christians express glee at our roasting in hellfire, others think we're demons.
Perhaps we should all be a little less complacent about that. There's no duty to abide such hate speech politely.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#497075 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that first response I added was more for the irony and the way in which her post was written. Serah is from Oz, no?
Somewhere in that vicinity, anyway.
Correct.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497076 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, too. I find I often agree with your observations on this topic.
I am sure we will find something to argue about. It is mandatory Topix tradition. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497078 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do right, man.
I've known several "Christians" that I don't even want to give the time of day to, and I've known atheists that are super-cool, honest folks. And vice versa. I hate all this God damn stereotyping these people do.
Agreed.
I admit that I have picked up the Topix habit of stereotyping in my posts. For that I am ashamed.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#497080 Mar 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure we will find something to argue about. It is mandatory Topix tradition. LOL
That's right!'tis required practice, lest yer sword git's rusty.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497082 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of useless to those of us born after his alleged death, since none of us had any sins at that time. Thanks for nothing, Jesus.
Don't blame Jesus. Blame Christianity.

Jesus was misunderstood guy that died 2000 years ago.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#497083 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>haha.... I too have much hanging on my walls, but only once felt the need to hang a picture of JESUS with Scriptures ~ when I packed up and left the old office, I took down the Scriptures and brought them home. They look great on the wall alongside of my bed, and will always remind me of what Faith and Strength in Faith can give us :)
Many years ago I started just building albums of pictures that would caught my eye,prayers,crosses,special writtings,copies of historical pieces,even one of bible maps ect ect.Then went into collecting books of information and finally got a file cabnet to keep it all in as collection just keep growing and growing.Now when I want to take a walk thru my collection it is simple as opening a draw.

Location hidden

#497084 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
I'm suffering after watching Ted! I'm scarred for life! I saw the teddy doin' it, DOIN' IT!!!!!! O it burns, oh my God, somebody help me, please!!!!! And I heard the C word too!!! OMG, OMG AND OMG!!! O the pain!!!!!!
Awesome, right?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497086 Mar 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>?? can you point to an example on the billboard of a Christian that think if a person does not think as a Christian they are wicked and not a good person?....
Doctor Reality, Wassuup, you ......

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497087 Mar 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>...
Pol pot was no angel.....
But Satan and demons are, according to Christianity and Islam.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#497088 Mar 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Many years ago I started just building albums of pictures that would caught my eye....
Me too.

Then my mom found them and threw them out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 min Johnny 130
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 6 min Johnny 20
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 24 min Quirky 42,049
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 45 min Johnny 630
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min PadMark 690,470
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Uncle Al 4,363
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 989,749
More from around the web