Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496957 Mar 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Amen.
You misspelled that: http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496958 Mar 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
There are Christians that I wouldn't want in my neighborhood and some I would invite in my home. Same with non-Christians.
People's theological stance seems to make no difference.
Take religion away from a hate-filled 'Christian' and you simply have a hate-filled non-Christian.
'Convert' a hate-filled non-Christian and you simply have a hate-filled 'Christian'.
Of course there are lots of exceptions to that stereotype as well. LOL
Do right, man.

I've known several "Christians" that I don't even want to give the time of day to, and I've known atheists that are super-cool, honest folks. And vice versa. I hate all this God damn stereotyping these people do.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#496959 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, talk about stereotyping...
Geez, scar.
You know there are also some Christians that just think you're a person?
Some might think you're an asshole.
Some might think you're sweet.
Some might think you're hot.
The point is - don't stereotype us so damn much. Just like not all atheists are the same, or not all whites or blacks are the same, not all Christians are the same.
*hands scar a chill pill*
This is what I mean when I mention your reading comprehension.

Did you notice, in that post, I started out by specifying: "some Christians"

"Some"

That means "not all".

"Not all" means..well, just that, not all, some.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496960 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It does't rearely happen at all. You make that comment very often.
Perhaps it's not the reader that's having the problem, perhaps it's the writer...
I make that comment with you very often. Others, not so much, but it does happen.

Fennario

#496961 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
If you don't know the Tetragrammaton is YHWH, not "YHWY", you're views are pointless and just as ignorant.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Is He like an Autobot or something?
That's a fairly tangential joke there. You are a comedic risk taker par excellence. I'll try to keep on my toes for you.

Fennario

#496962 Mar 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
what desperate darkness you into
Me? I'm an optimist. You're the Christian.
trifecta1 wrote:
at a time in history when people barely knew how to write or even how to figure out north east south or west or even a calendar, they state the shape of the earth which by any normal view is a circle, which is a profound and precise discovery back then, you disregard with your 21st century babbling.
I understand that. You apparently don't expect any more from your god than I do.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#496963 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
I can relate to not understanding what I write and...a novice thinker. I can understand not understanding you, a novice thinker? Yes, I agree. I can't understand what you write. I can only assume it mimics your impoverished thinking processes.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not picking on your miserable English abilities. I'm quite used to ESL speakers and writers. But, wow, you fit into a new category all your own.
Let's call it "senlessbabble2" for fun.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know, right. I totally succeeded in that - there wasn't a single logical or competent argument against me.
Thanks for bringing up my former glories! Too kind of you :)
<quoted text>
Just to help your English out:
"What a colossal failure that was. So you are very familiar with not understanding what you write. You are, additionally, a poor thinker."
Hey, no problem - you're welcome. Good luck in your studies, young man! I believe if you devote your every waking moment to studying English you, too, will become barely readable if not understandable. Perhaps, perhaps. But that's a long ways off. Keep practicing.
And chin up! Chin up my good man!
lol. My chin is always up. And it no take a genius to figure out that when you no have anything to argue, you resort to mimicry and mocking. lol, that ok, I know for a fact, you understand every thing I'm writing.

And the fact that you were a gigantic intellectual Fail when you tried to make an argument for enculturation having anything to do with someone becoming a Jesus follower. And two, in one of your writings saying there is choice then in another writing saying choice is an [illusion], really show that you're an intellectual ant trying to act smart. But as in everything else, you fail at that as well.

Now interpret that writer, and good luck in your studies, you obviously need it :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496964 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I mean when I mention your reading comprehension.
Did you notice, in that post, I started out by specifying: "some Christians"
"Some"
That means "not all".
"Not all" means..well, just that, not all, some.
Yes, I say that. But your negative stereotyping of Christians is so obvious.

If you hated stated that some Christians are good people, I wouldn't have argued the point.

Fennario

#496965 Mar 2, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
I agree Lawest. The thing that I can't understand is this...If they don't BELIEVE in something, WHY do they spend the majority of their time disputing something they feel is a lie?
Why ask him? I could answer that for you. He can't.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#496966 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Thanks.
Some of these Christians swarm and attack as mindlessly as insects defending a hive. They don't seem to have a choice.
???
Read like freethinkers, right? yeah agreed. Too bad all the attacks from the freethinkers just coming up [snake eyes] and just irrelevant and big fat Zero.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496967 Mar 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
what desperate darkness you into
Assumption is the mother of all evils.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#496968 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Right, and there are the barely veiled comments that all atheists are demons. hahaa.
So, some Christians express glee at our roasting in hellfire, others think we're demons.
Like I've pointed out before, anyone not accepting the Christian religion must be vilified, castigated, made to be horrible.
Because they have a belief that only they have the correct deity.
Just a belief, cause this kind of demonizing(pun intended)of roughly two thirds of the world. The atheist is at the very top of that list, then the Hindu, Buddhist, Chinese folk religion(S) etc.
<quoted text>
I'll use it, and to add, that list grows, worldwide, among all people who are characterized in similar terms, just because they aren't Christian.
I think with some it stems from possibly these verses...

Matthew 12:30
"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

So if they are to believe their Bible...they have no choice to believe that we are enemies and that we are wicked.

Oh well...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496969 Mar 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. can you imagine what some of the Christians posters on this thread would be like if they were Muslim ??..
.. imams, jihadists ??..
I've never debated or talked with an Imam, or a Muslim jihadist, radical etc.

I have had discussions with I guess what you'd call a "run of the mill" Muslim on occasion.

Right offhand and seriously, I don't recall any looking forward to my demise, and they usually just encourage you to please look at the Quran. To the point of repetitive insanity(over and over and over - "Read the Quran, with a teacher if possible"). I can direct you to at least one thread on Topix in which I've talked to a Muslim. I have on other forums, too.

I have been called an infidel, but, that's not so much a concern to me.

The whole hellfire and damnation isn't a concern but for the mentality and gleeful anticipation it's often said with by *some Christians. I find that disconcerting, and it's justified IMO.

Honestly, if you were to say to someone(outside of a Christian theology context) that you really looked forward to them experiencing an agonizing death(lets say by eternal chainsaw dismemberment)...

They'd think you insane and likely call the authorities, and rightly so.

But within a theological context(Christian theology) the attitude of *some Christians amounts to:

*<Christian>" HEY!, THOSE ARE MY RELIGIOUS BELIEFS! YOU ARE GONNA UNDERGO AN AWFUL ETERNAL AND FIERY DEATH AND I'M GONNA HAVE FUN WATCHING THAT WITH MY DEITY. DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL, THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!"

*For RiversideRedneck; Within that little illustration of the mentality often seen with a Christian, I did not mean all Christians, and I specified "some", numerous times.

Hope that helps.

Fennario

#496970 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Hiding, I’m so glad you and the child are ok! Wow, what a labor!
Riverside <sigh>, I’m ok! Look at your newborn son, how cute he is!
What a little treasure Hiding. Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how much I love you and our child!
But…uhm…then…why are you carrying that saw? And those nails? And that razor wire?
Well, Hiding, it’s for the torture chamber that I’m building.
But, Riverside! I thought you told me you loved us both!
Oh, I do, darling, but I am a jealous husband and will broke no insolence. Either that child will love me or I will torture him. No matter how cute he is. What a sweety! A-goo-goo-goo! A-boo boo boo! <cuddles the little guy>
Riverside! What??? You can’t torture someone into loving you! Just be a good father!
Hiding, that’s not how fatherhood works. I know, for I am omniscient. I’m going to leave you and the baby to fend for yourself. If the baby doesn’t love me, or he turns to other father-figures, I will come back and torture him for as long as I still breathe.
But, Riverside, that’s horrible! You can’t – that’s not love!
Hush now, Hiding. The child can only love me if he doesn't know for sure that I am his father. Or that I care. Or that I'm around.
That's insane, Riverside!!! Only the most cruel, the most barbaric idiot would dream up such shit!
Shhhhhh. <waves Hiding into silence> You’re just a woman. You don’t know anything, so stop speaking, especially in church.
What the hell?!?
No, darling. This is love.
Very good. That is the love of Jehovah right there.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#496971 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do right, man.
I've known several "Christians" that I don't even want to give the time of day to, and I've known atheists that are super-cool, honest folks. And vice versa. I hate all this God damn stereotyping these people do.
Sigh...you discriminate against us agnostics.

Okay...I admit...I am not super-cool.

:-(

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496972 Mar 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wasting your time trying to educate most here.
Recall that this is a religion where words mean anything you want them to. Thus "I can fix your house" becomes "I am Zombie God."
Squaring the circle becomes a proof of The Trinity.
There is no apologetic difference between a circle and a sphere... and a Cadillac if it fits the Doctrine DuJour.
Yeah. Humorously and aptly stated.

Fennario

#496974 Mar 2, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
And you have the nerve to tell the christians that we cant pick or choose what we want to believe.
Would it have mattered if he had? I tell you just that all the time and you still aren't happy:

"I don't care about your beliefs as much as I do about your actions. As I've already explained, please feel free to nail a chicken to a stick with jingly bells and shake it at the full moon if that centers your life and gives it meaning and a moral grounding."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

How much more tolerant and open-minded can one be?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#496975 Mar 2, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour Luciana, how have you been mon amour?
Bonjour Seraphine :-)
I've been busy but very well, et tu?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#496976 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Optimist? LOL. If you was an optimist you would be living your life looking forward, but we all see you living your life in the rearview mirror, paralyzed from moving forward. Still attached to a religion you claim you walk away from but keep coming back to those that still in the religion obviously insecure and desperately jailed and kidnapped.

You're in a mental Prison Cell and Religious Straightjacket. You're no optimist, you're a neurotic panic stricken lost soul that not even have the confidence and willpower to walk away and not look back from what you have walked away from.

The Christian Religion Owns you. You're not your own, your retirement days are not your own, your days are of a Slave, with the slave mentality after running away from the Master Religion but keep returning because you're too Weak and Impotent to move out on your own.

An optimist, you're not. Everyone on the billboard see you for the fraud that you are.

As a Jesus Follower I say, keep the Christian Religion. You have a chain around your neck and it going to Drown you. The Jesus Follower have Jesus Christ, the Wheat. You still owned lock stoack and barrel by the Christian Religion, you got the Chaff, and you're a Slave.

Now March teddy bear.~~~grin~~~. Yeah.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#496978 Mar 2, 2013
Stock

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Stilgar Fifrawi 865,666
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min aragwen 600,088
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 34 min dollarsbill 6,545
Become an IB (Introducing Broker) 1 hr 5Stars Forex 1
White Label Partnership Solution 1 hr 5Stars Forex 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Brian_G 2,040
Forex Trading on 5Starsforex limited 1 hr 5Stars Forex 1
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 3 hr cute94 465
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 13 hr andy 45
More from around the web