Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496905 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's always clear. It's a Scar thing. I cannot comprehend someone misunderstanding him.
Did you really, really misunderstand Scar? I mean...really-really?
Time to get that bump looked at, hey.
It's not just a bump, darlin...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496908 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Hiding, I’m so glad you and the child are ok! Wow, what a labor!
Riverside <sigh>, I’m ok! Look at your newborn son, how cute he is!
What a little treasure Hiding. Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how much I love you and our child!
But…uhm…then…why are you carrying that saw? And those nails? And that razor wire?
Well, Hiding, it’s for the torture chamber that I’m building.
But, Riverside! I thought you told me you loved us both!
Oh, I do, darling, but I am a jealous husband and will broke no insolence. Either that child will love me or I will torture him. No matter how cute he is. What a sweety! A-goo-goo-goo! A-boo boo boo! <cuddles the little guy>
Riverside! What??? You can’t torture someone into loving you! Just be a good father!
Hiding, that’s not how fatherhood works. I know, for I am omniscient. I’m going to leave you and the baby to fend for yourself. If the baby doesn’t love me, or he turns to other father-figures, I will come back and torture him for as long as I still breathe.
But, Riverside, that’s horrible! You can’t – that’s not love!
Hush now, Hiding. The child can only love me if he doesn't know for sure that I am his father. Or that I care. Or that I'm around.
That's insane, Riverside!!! Only the most cruel, the most barbaric idiot would dream up such shit!
Shhhhhh. <waves Hiding into silence> You’re just a woman. You don’t know anything, so stop speaking, especially in church.
What the hell?!?
No, darling. This is love.
aawwww....

Cute story.

My favorite part was "You’re just a woman. You don’t know anything"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496910 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
And then there are the trolls, the haters and the science deniers - all Christian.
Wait a damn minute.

Do you seriously think there are no atheists here that are worthless little shit talking trolls?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496911 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Laws that promote religion and the church, or that enforce its preferences. I'd like to see tax law regarding the church amended. And the laws defining the Pledge and national motto. And have a few blue laws removed. There are probably more.
If you remove the tax exempt status from churches, you have to remove them from all "non-profit" organizattions. Habitat for Humanity would be pissed.

Do the laws that define the Pledge & the national motto harm you in any way? Do you understand that MOST Americans like them & want to keep them the way they are? I'll bet you'd be the type of arrogant ass that's in a room of 100 people that say they're cold and want the heater turned on, and you bitch when they do.

"a few blue laws removed"? Such as?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496914 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
And?
Do you ever just type out your point explicitly in plain language - "This is what I am saying and the reasons."You just drop a sentence like the one above and run. Your implied argument to date is inane, but you'd have to string it out in sequence to see that clearly, and I don't feel like doing that for you again.
As I recall - and I don't feel like hunting it down and reassembling it because you won't make a coherent argument - I referred to the church teaching something - maybe homophobia - and you said something about not going to church, or churches not teaching such thing because you never heard such a sermon. I said that it was in the bible, which I noted was the church's manual. You made an inane comment abut bibles not giving sermons in church, I asked you if there was a point to saying that, and here we are.
Simple: the church teaches homophobia. It is in its bible and in its sermons. Many people hear those sermons. Others just read the bible.
I assume that you become dead weight like this on purpose - passive aggression. But who can be sure what you know?
I don't need to give a lecture with every post, IANS. Deal with it.

You lie. "Simple: the church teaches homophobia."

It should read "Simple: some churches teache homophobia."

Please, indulge me. Where is homophobia written in the Bible? What churches promote homophobia?

Why do you keep ignoring that part of my posts where I tell you I've been to dozens of churches, thousands of times and NEVER ONCE have they talked about homosexuality or homophobia.

I hate to burst your gentile little bubble, but churches don't focues their efforts on that, at least most don't.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#496915 Mar 2, 2013
You cheapen the word "god." I'll bet that you call that worship, too. If so, that word as well.
Actually, I don't. I use the term "god" in it's most simplest definition, which is "ruler." We only capitalize the term to distinguish between the "'God' of gods (Deut 10:17)" and lesser gods. It's the same with the term "worship," too.
Ians wrote:
Most? You think less of them than I do.
And? It's a fact that the majority of the world are religious. And yet, the conditions of our societies, which you refuse to acknowledge, gets worse and worse. Now that I think of it, I believe it's possible that you reject the notion simply because that's what the bible says. If the bible said that the conditions of our societies were getting better, you'd say they were getting worse.
Ians wrote:
If you want to cater to atheist, put "No Way We Believe In Gods."
If what's on our currency doesn't increase or decrease the value of it, then why care, at all? Again, the "God" mentioned could be any "God." So, next time you see the motto, just think of yourself as "God."
Ians wrote:
Putting nothing at all about religion on the money is a neutral position. If that offends you, I'm afraid that we'll just have to live with that.
Like I said, it matters not to me, as it doesn't increase or decrease the value of it. And again, I don't believe the term "God" is to represent the "God" that many call "Jehovah," anyway. As I've read, the "God" on our currency represents not a deity, at all, but "ancient wisdom" without a deity. So, in conclusion, I believe that removing "In God We Trust" from our currency would be doing "God" a service considering that the term wasn't to represent Him anyway.
Ians wrote:
You typify what so many of us object to. You think it's all about the religious having whatever they prefer, and being offended if they can't have it. You have as much right to be offended by my suggested motto as I have by the present one. Nobody has a legitimate right to be offended by the neutral position.
Actually, I believe that every man should have the right to pursue his desires and achieve them, just as long as it doesn't harm others. If gays want to marry? Let them marry. If women want to have abortions? Let them have abortions. Do I agree with gay-marriage and abortion? No. But, my family isn't harmed by these things, so...
Ians wrote:
Do you support that idea? Good. We'll be the majority in less than two generations. Will you be good with it if the new majority wants "No Way We Believe In Gods" on the coins? I bet you won't.
Actually, yes. It wouldn't matter to me if I was the only believer left. Just as long as it doesn't harm my family.

Revelation 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496916 Mar 2, 2013
Get off my high horse? You just denied ever hearing that "that homosexuality and homosexuals are an "abomination to the Lord?""
I cannot believe that. Nor do I expect you to carry on a conversation in good faith. When I get to that point, my comments become sarcastic and dismissive.
I don't give a red rats ass if you believe me or not. I'm telling you the truth.

I think it shakes up your little theories about "the church".

Again, in church, I have NEVER heard thm preach that homosexuality and homosexuals are an abomination to the Lord.

THAT is not the focus of a sermon.
Then your judgments and conclusions are of no value to me. You either are filtering out what you don't want to hear, or dissembling. We have no common basis from which to discuss the reality of Christian homophobia if yours doesn't include its existence.
We most certainly can discuss the reality of Christian homophobia, as soon as you realize that not all Christians are the same and not all Christian churches are the same.

The churches I've been to do NOT give sermons on gays. They RARELY even gave sermons on pre-marital sex....

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496921 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
.... But he spake of the temple of his body...
That is not Jesus words. It is the author's opinion.

Yes. Christianity has been based on the idiotic opinions of morons for 2000 years.
This is where the BS began.

Sadly no one seems to be able to tell the difference between Jesus and anyone else in the Bible.

It also proves that the author wasn't an an Apostle nor a Jew or they would have know the reference to Solomon and that Jesus was NOT saying his body is a building.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#496922 Mar 2, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
*blushing* Yeah I was talkin' about you, it's a great saying! Yeah that's me, thank you :-)
Bonjour Luciana, how have you been mon amour?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#496923 Mar 2, 2013
Do you have the list of relevant prophecies assembled anywhere? If not, you might like this one:
WHAT IS THE MESSIAH SUPPOSED TO ACCOMPLISH?
[1] Ezekiel 37:26-28 foretells that the messiah will establish The Third Temple or Sanctuary of the "Lord." That never happened.
[2] Isaiah 43:5-6 tells us that the messiah will gather the Jews back to Israel, not NATO.
[3] Isaiah 2:4 says that the messiah will usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." That never happened.
[4] Zechariah 14:9 prophesies that the messiah will spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One". That didn't happen, either.
[5] Isaiah 7:14 tells us that, "the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." They've got the wrong guy for sure, and the Jews agree.
The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.
Yeah, the unfulfilled prophecies are numerous. Then you have those Messianic prophecies which can't be reconciled with a "second coming". Even if people would like to think some will be fulfilled that second time around.

It doesn't work, for instance: The Mashiach will restore the religious court system of Israel, and establish the Torah as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33,15).

Messianic prophecy says Judaic law will once again be - the - law of the land(worldwide). According to the Christian version, the god seems schizophrenic in the way Christianity tries to twist Messianic prophecy to fit its whim.

Does this make sense? Jewish law is done(the Jesus! is here), the interim is Christianity(law fulfilled), then back to Judaic law(Torah) after the "second coming"?

That makes sense? No, it doesn't. Unless you choose to ignore the actual Mashiach prophecy.

Therein lies the problem. Ignoring parts, adding others, reinterpreting other portions that are not Messianic prophecy, etc. That starts the snowball rolling. Portions of the OT prophecy left unfulfilled, essentially impossible to be fulfilled. It calls into question any prophet who prophesied about the Messiah, if that prophecy wasn't fulfilled 100% complete.

According to the Yahweh! words, if a prophet utters something that does not happen, 100% true, that was a false prophet.(Deuteronomy 18:20-22)

It starts to negate every bit of their religious origins text in the OT. The prophets they try to quote right now, by their insistence that the Jesus! is the Messiah and will be here a second time, makes those OT prophets relied upon...

False.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#496925 Mar 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Which is the lie, John or ....
A.(Gen. 17:1)–“Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;

B.(Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day.”

C.(Exodus 6:2-3)–“God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.”

D.(Exodus 24:9-11)–“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”

E.(Num. 12:6-8)–“He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"

F.(Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said,'Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran...'"

I am not as hilarious as your insane religion of lies and contradictions.
And here, I thought you knew the bible. Read it again, man.

Anyone that reads and understands the bible comes to know that just about every so-called "appearance," "voice," or what-have-you, of "God" was actually His son, or an angel, that stood as His representative. And in actuality, it's His face that we can't look upon. "God" said, "You can not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." So, in order to cause contention, assuming that you actually know the bible, you'd rather add to what's written in order to prove yourself right and all else wrong.

And to think that at one time, I respected you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496926 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<translation from the original gibberish:>

I'm a crappy writer and a worse thinker. It's in my worst interests to attack you, IANS, so I will. I'm that dumb. No, I can barely read what I write, too, and I can't, for the life of me, understand what you are writing. Sorry. So I'm going to write a bunch of non-intelligible lettersonapage.

Galrajlahaaarrrrh! blaaaagh!!! Therefore, a loving God is compatible with hell. Amen.
LOL. Thanks.

Some of these Christians swarm and attack as mindlessly as insects defending a hive. They don't seem to have a choice.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496928 Mar 2, 2013
Christian literally demonize us: equate or associate us with literal demons. It's Christian hate speech - dehumanizing and marginalizing people with any other opinion. I've seen a half dozen such comments about me on this thread in the last two weeks.
Right, and there are the barely veiled comments that all atheists are demons. hahaa.

So, some Christians express glee at our roasting in hellfire, others think we're demons.

Like I've pointed out before, anyone not accepting the Christian religion must be vilified, castigated, made to be horrible.

Because they have a belief that only they have the correct deity.

Just a belief, cause this kind of demonizing(pun intended)of roughly two thirds of the world. The atheist is at the very top of that list, then the Hindu, Buddhist, Chinese folk religion(S) etc.
I think that we have the right to steadfastly resist the church that teaches such damaging and dangerous filth about us, and to do whatever is in our power to weaken and neutralize it, such as frequently reprint material like the list of failed messianic prophecies immediately above this post, or the list of Christian snuff fantasies for unbelievers that Topix posters have provided at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... , which you and all others that object to that vile church are also invited to use of you/they like.
I'll use it, and to add, that list grows, worldwide, among all people who are characterized in similar terms, just because they aren't Christian.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496929 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You write that a lot, scar.
Perhaps you should be more clear with your dictation....
Or, you should up your reading comprehension. It rarely happens that anyone has a problem understanding what I post unless it's you or someone similar, all else have no problem.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496930 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it was your assumption in regards to starvation in the world and tied that to me being an American, and that since I don't have a deity belief, too, I must not care.
She was being sarcastic. She isn't an American.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496931 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Christianity should have completely distanced and divorced itself from the OT.
The Messianic prophecies are all askew, some fabricated, imagined, others ignored or discarded, none relevant as it applies to the concept in the OT or NT and trying to meld the two into a related or cohesive extrapolation of "Judaism, now available for the rest of us!" was futile.
I could go on and on as you know concerning the huge disparity between the OT and NT and the two completely different religions contained in both.
I'm just a layman, and an atheist, but if you really look at what is there, it's pretty obvious that the parent religion of Judaism is in no way related to the child, Christianity.
The only reason Christianity really needs Judaism is the insistence that the Jesus! is the Judaic Messiah, or Mashiach.
They would have been better off to have just dropped that notion and went with a new religion, with that central character, the Jesus!, presented as a "stand alone" god, unrelated in concept(or birth etc..) to a previous deity concept.
But, that's my opinion, and those particulars aren't really of concern to me, except to say, that I do not want or wish to be subjected to Christian theistic mandates and values, and how they think their religion should be at the center of my life, and if I don't accept that, I must be evil, possessed, immoral and anything they think I am just because I don't have their theistic deity belief.
But, if I did have that belief, I'd be the best thing since they started selling sliced bread in a bag.
While still being the exact same person I am right now, deity belief or no deity belief.
Agreed. Well stated!
Thanks!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496932 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
So, some Christians express glee at our roasting in hellfire, others think we're demons.
Wow, talk about stereotyping...

Geez, scar.

You know there are also some Christians that just think you're a person?

Some might think you're an asshole.

Some might think you're sweet.

Some might think you're hot.

The point is - don't stereotype us so damn much. Just like not all atheists are the same, or not all whites or blacks are the same, not all Christians are the same.

*hands scar a chill pill*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496933 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, you should up your reading comprehension. It rarely happens that anyone has a problem understanding what I post unless it's you or someone similar, all else have no problem.
It does't rearely happen at all. You make that comment very often.

Perhaps it's not the reader that's having the problem, perhaps it's the writer...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#496935 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Right, and there are the barely veiled comments that all atheists are demons. hahaa.
Like I've pointed out before, anyone not accepting the Christian religion must be vilified, castigated, made to be horrible.
Because they have a belief that only they have the correct deity.
Just a belief, cause this kind of demonizing(pun intended)of roughly two thirds of the world. The atheist is at the very top of that list, then the Hindu, Buddhist, Chinese folk religion(S) etc.
<quoted text>
.. can you imagine what some of the Christians posters on this thread would be like if they were Muslim ??..

.. imams, jihadists ??..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496936 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Bible only deal in analogies?
Well, sometimes it's allegory, or hyperbole, and there are some literal parts, and the symbolism - can't forget that.

OH, and the metaphor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hidingfromyou 865,585
Meet at Local Starbucks and We can talk about O... 36 min burtonerik 1
Rajkot gay Topix 37 min Vishal 199
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 48 min Halle Berry Sister 2,789
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 51 min Liam R 221,998
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Burke Devlin 177,613
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Burke Devlin 6,543
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Mia Copa 2,030
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Just Think 600,083
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 6 hr andy 45
More from around the web