Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496929 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You write that a lot, scar.
Perhaps you should be more clear with your dictation....
Or, you should up your reading comprehension. It rarely happens that anyone has a problem understanding what I post unless it's you or someone similar, all else have no problem.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496930 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it was your assumption in regards to starvation in the world and tied that to me being an American, and that since I don't have a deity belief, too, I must not care.
She was being sarcastic. She isn't an American.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#496931 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Christianity should have completely distanced and divorced itself from the OT.
The Messianic prophecies are all askew, some fabricated, imagined, others ignored or discarded, none relevant as it applies to the concept in the OT or NT and trying to meld the two into a related or cohesive extrapolation of "Judaism, now available for the rest of us!" was futile.
I could go on and on as you know concerning the huge disparity between the OT and NT and the two completely different religions contained in both.
I'm just a layman, and an atheist, but if you really look at what is there, it's pretty obvious that the parent religion of Judaism is in no way related to the child, Christianity.
The only reason Christianity really needs Judaism is the insistence that the Jesus! is the Judaic Messiah, or Mashiach.
They would have been better off to have just dropped that notion and went with a new religion, with that central character, the Jesus!, presented as a "stand alone" god, unrelated in concept(or birth etc..) to a previous deity concept.
But, that's my opinion, and those particulars aren't really of concern to me, except to say, that I do not want or wish to be subjected to Christian theistic mandates and values, and how they think their religion should be at the center of my life, and if I don't accept that, I must be evil, possessed, immoral and anything they think I am just because I don't have their theistic deity belief.
But, if I did have that belief, I'd be the best thing since they started selling sliced bread in a bag.
While still being the exact same person I am right now, deity belief or no deity belief.
Agreed. Well stated!
Thanks!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496932 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
So, some Christians express glee at our roasting in hellfire, others think we're demons.
Wow, talk about stereotyping...

Geez, scar.

You know there are also some Christians that just think you're a person?

Some might think you're an asshole.

Some might think you're sweet.

Some might think you're hot.

The point is - don't stereotype us so damn much. Just like not all atheists are the same, or not all whites or blacks are the same, not all Christians are the same.

*hands scar a chill pill*

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496933 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, you should up your reading comprehension. It rarely happens that anyone has a problem understanding what I post unless it's you or someone similar, all else have no problem.
It does't rearely happen at all. You make that comment very often.

Perhaps it's not the reader that's having the problem, perhaps it's the writer...

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#496935 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Right, and there are the barely veiled comments that all atheists are demons. hahaa.
So, some Christians express glee at our roasting in hellfire, others think we're demons.
Like I've pointed out before, anyone not accepting the Christian religion must be vilified, castigated, made to be horrible.
Because they have a belief that only they have the correct deity.
Just a belief, cause this kind of demonizing(pun intended)of roughly two thirds of the world. The atheist is at the very top of that list, then the Hindu, Buddhist, Chinese folk religion(S) etc.
<quoted text>
.. can you imagine what some of the Christians posters on this thread would be like if they were Muslim ??..

.. imams, jihadists ??..

Location hidden

#496936 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Bible only deal in analogies?
Well, sometimes it's allegory, or hyperbole, and there are some literal parts, and the symbolism - can't forget that.

OH, and the metaphor!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496937 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I don't fear the church, although I would be reluctant to share my opinions with Christians in meat space. Although I no longer have a practice to be boycotted or children at home to be harassed, I like my car's paint job as it is just fine, and prefer my dogs with their heads attached. If that is what you mean by fearing Christians, then yes, I will admit to that. But I don't fear the church. It's dying.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Cars paint? Dogs heads? What are you rambling about this time?
Recopied from previous posting :

"You're not used to these opinions, and you are shocked and offended that people that hold them can now express them. I would like the Christian church to become as impotent and silent as the Druids. Christians have had that agenda regarding their critics for centuries, and had once been quite successful at stifling criticism.

"Until secularists made them illegal, their preferred methods had been burning people - especially women - alive, stretching and twisting them on the rack, impaling them in the iron maiden, and lacerating their internal organs and soft tissues with the pear to name a few.

"Thereafter, you simply marginalized and dehumanized us, declaring us unfit to serve as teachers, jurors and witnesses in court, elected officials, coaches, and adoptive parents. But that too is disappearing. Today, you have to settle for keying our cars, harassing our children, boycotting our businesses, libeling and slandering us behind our backs, and cruelly executing our pets."

That car paint and dog head.

Are you asking us to believe that you didn't know what unbelievers had to fear involving our cars and pets from Christians?

Conversing with either you or Tweedle-Dim is like rolling a boulder uphill.

Location hidden

#496938 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's always clear. It's a Scar thing. I cannot comprehend someone misunderstanding him.
Did you really, really misunderstand Scar? I mean...really-really?
Time to get that bump looked at, hey.
Aww, shucks..<looks down, draws circles in dirt with toe>

Thanks.

Location hidden

#496939 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He quite clearly wrote the Good Book before the age of Google.
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scripture/Pr...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496940 Mar 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. can you imagine what some of the Christians posters on this thread would be like if they were Muslim ??..
.. imams, jihadists ??..
They'd suffer from premature detonation.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#496941 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
....None are referencing a sphere.
You are wasting your time trying to educate most here.
Recall that this is a religion where words mean anything you want them to. Thus "I can fix your house" becomes "I am Zombie God."

Squaring the circle becomes a proof of The Trinity.

There is no apologetic difference between a circle and a sphere... and a Cadillac if it fits the Doctrine DuJour.

Fennario

#496942 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Lol, "the church" is a parasite, huh?
Most assuredly.

Why do you suppose that there is so much blow back directed toward your church? Demonic possession?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're afraid that "the church" is gonna kill you or take your money or burn down your house or something.
Not in the least. I'm pretty immune to all of those things.

Fennario

#496943 Mar 2, 2013
You were asking about culture wars, values and laws. Non-Christians don't care what your bible says about anything. We also don't care how marriage is defined in the Qur'an nor in the Bhagavad gita.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
At whAt point did I ask if you care what the bible says? At what point did I try to shove my ideals down your throat?
I don't know that you did. Why do you ask?

It's not about you. It's about your church, which asks us all to care about what it says Jesus thinks, and is more than willing to shove it down our throats using the power of government whenever possible.

Location hidden

#496944 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
A nice illustration that absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
Thanks.
I butchered part of it in leaving out a letter here and there. I was in a hurry.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496945 Mar 2, 2013
"You're not used to these opinions, and you are shocked and offended that people that hold them can now express them.
I am?? Gee, I wish I knew that I was offended.....

To steal your words, why don't you ask me instead of assuming?
I would like the Christian church to become as impotent and silent as the Druids.
Tough shit. We're here and we're here to stay. You have to find a way to coexist with us.
Christians have had that agenda regarding their critics for centuries, and had once been quite successful at stifling criticism.
"Until secularists made them illegal, their preferred methods had been burning people - especially women - alive, stretching and twisting them on the rack, impaling them in the iron maiden, and lacerating their internal organs and soft tissues with the pear to name a few.
WTF?? Why are you so stuck on the Dark Ages? That's not even really worthy of a response.
"Thereafter, you simply marginalized and dehumanized us, declaring us unfit to serve as teachers, jurors and witnesses in court, elected officials, coaches, and adoptive parents.
WOAH! Hold the fuck on....

What have **** I **** done?
But that too is disappearing. Today, you have to settle for keying our cars, harassing our children, boycotting our businesses, libeling and slandering us behind our backs, and cruelly executing our pets."
What?!? Who?!?

Seriously, man. What kind of churches have you been to?

Keying cars? Harassing kids? Executing pets?!?!?!?!?!

Who is doing all these evil things, "the church"?
That car paint and dog head.
Are you asking us to believe that you didn't know what unbelievers had to fear involving our cars and pets from Christians?
Yes, I'm asking you to believe that I don't know. I've never heard of someone cutting off a dogs head because of Christianity, or any religion for that matter. Are you talking about an isolated incident or what?
Conversing with either you or Tweedle-Dim is like rolling a boulder uphill.
Ya, because you make these wild accusations and when we confront you and ask for mre details, you get all pissed off.

You're accusations are baseless and pointless.

Location hidden

#496946 Mar 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<translation from the original gibberish:> I'm a crappy writer and a worse thinker. It's in my worst interests to attack you, IANS, so I will. I'm that dumb. No, I can barely read what I write, too, and I can't, for the life of me, understand what you are writing. Sorry. So I'm going to write a bunch of non-intelligible lettersonapage.
Galrajlahaaarrrrh! blaaaagh!!!
Therefore, a loving God is compatible with hell. Amen.
Maybe the best post of the day.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#496947 Mar 2, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And here, I thought you knew the bible. Read it again, man.
Anyone that reads and understands the bible comes to know that just about every so-called "appearance," "voice," or what-have-you, of "God" was actually His son, or an angel, that stood as His representative. And in actuality, it's His face that we can't look upon. "God" said, "You can not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." So, in order to cause contention, assuming that you actually know the bible, you'd rather add to what's written in order to prove yourself right and all else wrong.
And to think that at one time, I respected you.
Hi BLL,
It doesn't take long before someones true "person" is exposed. I respected dog at one time also. Not any more though. you made a lot of good assumptions in this post.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496948 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Lol, "the church" is a parasite, huh?
Most assuredly.
You erased the question about you being the one that also thinks human fetuses are parasites. Now you're showing intelectual dishonesty. Why?
Why do you suppose that there is so much blow back directed toward your church? Demonic possession?
WHAT CHURCH?!?! I don't go to church. How many times do I have to tell you teh same thing??

If you mean religion, just say so.
Not in the least. I'm pretty immune to all of those things.
You're immune to death & property theft?

Neato

Location hidden

#496949 Mar 2, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Lawest. The thing that I can't understand is this...If they don't BELIEVE in something, WHY do they spend the majority of their time disputing something they feel is a lie? I don't believe in the Easter bunny but I will NOT spend years arguing over something that I feel is foolish. Only a fool would argue over something they feel is foolish. All this does is prove to me even more that it IS true. The bible even tells us this too. Have a blessed day in our LORD JESUS CHRIST.
Although we(you, I, all others) all do post for those here, you'd be mistaken if you thought these posts are strictly for just the participants on this thread.

I just looked and 1337 people are perusing the Top Stories forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 685,965
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 13 min Clearwater 27,106
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min arrr 985,760
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 2 hr Corbin KY 2009 9
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 4 hr Edthirty 70
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 4 hr Larry The Cable Guy 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Tony 6,455
More from around the web