Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496814 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
The Messianic prophecies are all askew, some fabricated, imagined, others ignored or discarded
Do you have the list of relevant prophecies assembled anywhere? If not, you might like this one:

WHAT IS THE MESSIAH SUPPOSED TO ACCOMPLISH?

[1] Ezekiel 37:26-28 foretells that the messiah will establish The Third Temple or Sanctuary of the "Lord." That never happened.

[2] Isaiah 43:5-6 tells us that the messiah will gather the Jews back to Israel, not NATO.

[3] Isaiah 2:4 says that the messiah will usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." That never happened.

[4] Zechariah 14:9 prophesies that the messiah will spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One". That didn't happen, either.

[5] Isaiah 7:14 tells us that, "the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." They've got the wrong guy for sure, and the Jews agree.

The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.
mike

AOL

#496815 Mar 2, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
One person out of the 12 diciples that Jesus had, followed Jesus,saw His miracles, and heard His messages ad saw Jesus in the Flesh-- and he didn't LEARN anything either.
Thanks

What is your point?

There are times you don't do what a GOD wants.

Believing in a GOD doesn't assure anything.

Fennario

#496816 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I do not want or wish to be subjected to Christian theistic mandates and values, and how they think their religion should be at the center of my life, and if I don't accept that, I must be evil, possessed, immoral and anything they think I am just because I don't have their theistic deity belief.
Christian literally demonize us: equate or associate us with literal demons. It's Christian hate speech - dehumanizing and marginalizing people with any other opinion. I've seen a half dozen such comments about me on this thread in the last two weeks.

I think that we have the right to steadfastly resist the church that teaches such damaging and dangerous filth about us, and to do whatever is in our power to weaken and neutralize it, such as frequently reprint material like the list of failed messianic prophecies immediately above this post, or the list of Christian snuff fantasies for unbelievers that Topix posters have provided at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... , which you and all others that object to that vile church are also invited to use of you/they like.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#496817 Mar 2, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Violence in the old testament is a problem for a lot of us. Or to put it another way, why does God get nicer in the new?
This might help. Blessed Julian of Norwich wondered about the wrath of God and how to square it with the God of love.
After one of her visions, she is reported to have said, "I saw no wrath except on man's part, and that he forgives in us."
The flood, to mention just one, was not wrath?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#496818 Mar 2, 2013
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality eternal life.

For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory why yet am I also judged as a sinner.

Saying blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered.

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die yet peradventured for a good man some would even dare to die.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

What shall we say then is the law sin God forbid Nay I have not know sin but by the law for I had not known lust except the law had said thou shalt not covet.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God for it is not subject to the law of God neither indeed can be.

Neither because they are the seed of Abraham are they all children but in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Or who shall descend into the deep that is to bring up Christ again from the dead.
But what saith The word is nigh thee even in thy mouth and in thy heart that is the word of faith which we preach.

What then Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for but the election hath obtained it and the rest were blind.

Or ministry let us wait on our mistering or he that teaches on teaching.

Render threfore to all their dues tribute to whom tribute is due custom to whom custom fear to whom fear honour to whom honour.

For none of us liveth to himself and no man dieth to himself.

Wherefore receive ye one another as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
mike

AOL

#496819 Mar 2, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mannerism to others including myself, proves you were raised in a barn. My condolences. ;)
Thanks

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#496820 Mar 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>why waste time with Mike? Mike is nothing more than a scoffer. He has no REAL desire to know,and accept,the truth about the Holy Bible.
And Grace is nice to him anyways.

That bitch.

Jesus would be pissed too.
mike

AOL

#496821 Mar 2, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
With a mouth like yours, most likely jail time. You are a very rude person, is someone paying you to be this way, or does it just come natural?
Naturally!
mike

AOL

#496822 Mar 2, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God of peace, make me perfect in every good work to do your will. Work in me that which is well-pleasing in your sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever (based on Hebrews 13:20-21). You are worthy of all praise, honor, and glory. Please see my worth through the blood of Jesus Christ, my Redeemer. Please forgive me of my shortcomings, and help me to live a holy life unto you, oh my God of peace. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Hello Epi

Your medication seems to be working!

In the name of Epi's GOD...please help!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#496823 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there a point to that?
<quoted text>
Have you never heard one say that homosexuality and homosexuals are an "abomination to the Lord?" I heard it the last time I was in church, one Easter about twelve years at the request of a friend.
No of course not, you are the very definition of moral...

Like these lovely humanists..

http://nambla.org.whoisbucket.com

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#496824 Mar 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And Grace is nice to him anyways.
That bitch.
Jesus would be pissed too.
Gee Thanks...<smile>

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496825 Mar 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
No, you didn't comprehend what I was saying.
You write that a lot, scar.

Perhaps you should be more clear with your dictation....
mike

AOL

#496826 Mar 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Therefore you are bound to everything in faith and utterance and knowledge in all diligence in your love to us see that ye abound in this grace also.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart so let him give not grudgingly or of necessity for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely.
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations theree was given to me a thorn in the flesh the messenger of Satan to buffet me lest I should be axalted above measure.
Now I pray to God that ye do no evil not that we should appear approved but that ye should do that which is honest though we be as reprobates.
Oh ye reprobate!

In the name of holy-water, cleanse thy self.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#496827 Mar 2, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>LAWEST<<<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QPi5G3WjK94XX
((((IRRIRA))))), Beautiful song glorifying our Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#496828 Mar 2, 2013
Good morning everyone.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496829 Mar 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
How would it be possible to know that without the help of an omniscient god? RiversideRedneck was being modest when he said that his bible wasn't an encyclopedia.
Who's up for a little biblical geometry? The circle of the earth has four corners, and pi equals three.
You reaching, IANS. You really are.

The Bible doesn't say that pi=3.

The "four corners of the earth" is an analogy, like "so hungry I could eat a horse".

Nice try, though.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#496830 Mar 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Excellent.
Thanks.
Jesus was NOT the rabbi that you were refering to dog...Dont start pattin yourself on the back too hard.

Fennario

#496831 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
It being referred to as a circle and that it is hanging in/on nothing were pretty out there statements for 6000 years ago.
But they are both wrong.
Serah wrote:
Even when it was considered flat, right up until a few hundred years ago, or so, it was not considered square.
Why does that seem insightful to you? What are the apparent "facts"? The earth seems flat, unmoving, with a circular horizon/edge, and at the center of the universe.
Serah wrote:
You just have no comprehension of knowledge 6000 years ago, when they were just learning to write and to create words could be like.
Of course we know what they thought. They told us.

And they had separates words for circles and globes or balls. They used the word for circle - chug - a two dimensional form. The Hebrew word for a sphere or ball is dur, which is used elsewhere in the bible.

Fennario

#496832 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
You just somehow appear to think that they had the dictionary as we know it today at their fingertips.
Straw man.

Christians tell us their book written by an omniscient and omnipotent god that also loves us and looks after us. Obviously not.
Serah wrote:
What of Matthew telling us every hair on our head is numbered? What are your thoughts on that? Considering of course, that we know today, a couple of thousand years ago, and proven by the best scientists in the world, that our hair is unique, numbered and coded.
The bible got the numbered part wrong. I have no idea what you mean by "our hair is unique" or why you mentioned it. And as for the genetic code, the bible authors clearly knew nothing of that.

Your book is as ordinary and mythological as the Iliad and Beowulf.
Serah wrote:
Ever wondered why we still have the four corners as such, considering we know the Earth is as round as a sphere? And four directions..... Amazing, donchathink?
No.

The earth doesn't have four corners. It has two poles. And every direction from the north pole, for example, is south. Would you say that the earth only has one corner there?

You can't make the bible seem like it's more than the myths and superstitions of ancient and primitive people without misrepresenting it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#496835 Mar 2, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Legion? They are many...
Hi Skom :-)
~~~lol~~~ you sure right, legion is many. its nice to laugh so early in the morning lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min PadMark 685,771
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min Aura Mytha 26,440
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 1 hr Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Johnny 70
More from around the web