Comments
477,721 - 477,740 of 600,020 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496645 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, the "laws" in Leviticus were written strictly for the Levites, the Hebrew tribe of Levi. There are still a few hundred thousand Levites in existence today....
You don't know much about the history of the Hebrews.
You should read their ancient history books or talk to a Rabbi. <smile>

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#496646 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is the lie, John or ....
A.(Gen. 17:1)–“Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;
B.(Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day.”
C.(Exodus 6:2-3)–“God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.”
D.(Exodus 24:9-11)–“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”
E.(Num. 12:6-8)–“He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"
F.(Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said,'Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran...'"
I am not as hilarious as your insane religion of lies and contradictions.
I have always held to this!

E.(Num. 12:6-8)–“He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"

You must have a store-house of reference to draw on so quickly?
Got a link?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496649 Mar 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a terrible, evil attitude of Jesus Christ.
I do not know what kind of Bible you have,...
1. I believe in Jesus, not the Christ invented by pagans.
2. I have much more than your book ordained by a pagan Emperor.
3. You babble like a pagan. Jesus said to avoid people like you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496650 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blender is not nice when mows the green grass on the other side.
You are catching on. <smile>

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#496653 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that my first thought on reading this is: why can't God create humans more to it's taste, and why are humans to blame for their flawed making?
Anyway, so then Jesus' death is not the end? I thought according to the Bible that Jesus paid the debt for all sins. Now you are suggesting that this is not an absolution of debt but a loan? I have to admit that is not a Christian doctrine I'd ever heard before. It's interesting, but is it Biblically supported?
Hi Wilderide..
I have been reading your post and I find you really interesting. You know the bible very well. Jesus DID pay the debt for ALL sin. I like BLL but this is where him and I disagree. According to the Old and New Testament, It tells us exactly that. If Jesus said that He sets us free, then WHY would anyone suggest that it would be a loan? Thats NOT freedom, thats more bondage. The way that I see it is God doesn't blame all mankind. Thats why Jesus ask Him to forgive them for they know NOT what they do. If someone would actually stop trying to disect the bible all the time and simply remember WHY Jesus came and gave up His life for us, It might cease all these arguments. In my own words...The Bible tells us that God wants all humans to be in heaven with Him? Right?? The bible also says that it Pleased Him to die for us and take upon Himself ALL the sins of the world...Then after ALL that Jesus done for us on our behalf,God decides to Change His plan and now tell us that its back to His old plan of salvation and we must earn it ourself again?? It just doesn't make any sense to me nor should it make any sense to anybody else BECAUSE its NOT Bibical. Once a person decides to Trust in their heart and confess with their mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, They ARE saved and has eternal life...PERIOD..The walk we do as a Christian may deliver us blessings and our disobedience may deliver chastising but the Gift of Salvation is a Gift that was paid for 2000 years ago and offered to us freely. Its free to anyone who will believe but it cost Jesus His life. Thats WHY He came and thats WHY He died for the sins of ALL Mankind.
I like your attitude and polite manner when speaking to others..Just wanted to share this with you but I am positive that you alreadt knew all that I posted above..Grace and Peace to you Wilderide

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#496654 Mar 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have hope the little guy will come around. He cant do it quickly or there will be trouble..........Lets all hope he got the compassion gene somewhere along the line..........
Saw that on Rodman. I would go out on a limb and say most that live there don't think the dear leader is "awesome" if they were allowed to speak the truth.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#496655 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
According to your religious mythology, you have an option. A or B.
Live or die.
That isn't free will.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The fallacy of false dichotomy is committed when the arguer claims that his conclusion is one of only two options, when in fact there are other possibilities.
The arguer then goes on to show that the 'only other option' is clearly outrageous, and so his preferred conclusion must be embraced.
Again, Fallacy of False Dichotomy.
Try again?
Tide with Beach wrote:
I don't want to live or die, so I'll just do that other thing.
What's that other thing, RR?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What?!
If "live or die" is a false dichotomy, what is the other option?

Would you like to retract or clarify at this point?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#496657 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly man, the Jews don't know anything about the Hebrew language. Only American Christians know what the Bible says.
LOL
Whenever I use a quote from the bible in a discussion, I endeavor to use the most accurate or faithful to the particular language that portion of the bible was written in.

So, I had supplied a couple quotes from the OT, I forget the exact verses, and I mentioned they were from what were considered the two most currently accurate Jewish/Hebrew translations available. They didn't match up with the "Christian" translations.

And the response was: "But I don't care, I'm NOT JEWISH!"

Location hidden

#496658 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know much about the history of the Hebrews.
You should read their ancient history books or talk to a Rabbi. <smile>
Why would we believe a rabbi? He is just as much human as the ones who wrote the bible. You know..the ones you keep calling a liar. Maybe your rabbi is lying. Rabbi's are religious leaders. PERIOD..........

<snicker>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496659 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***So the Jews answered and said to him,‘What sign do you show to us, since you do these things?' Jesus answered and said to them,‘Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.' Then the Jews said,‘It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?' But he was speaking of the temple of his body. When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he said this; and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had spoken (John 2:18-22).
So Jesus DOESN'T SAY HE WILL BE RAISED FROM THE DEAD. He says he could knock down and rebuild Judaism's Holy Place in a couple days. That occured in 70 AD. Sounds like a fulfilled prophecy to me...or a pretty obvious statement to most first century Jews.

If Jesus was resurrected he surely would have choked to death on all the words Christians shoved in his mouth.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496660 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Jesus did not fulfill those prophesies that the Hebrews themselves wrote about (descended from the house of David, be fully human rather than a demi-god, gather all the Jews to Israel, and enact peace on Earth in his own lifetime), how is it Christians can argue with Jews about their (the Jews) own God-inspired holy literature? I've never understood this.
Because you are not ignorant of the truth.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496662 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
....It's interesting, but is it Biblically supported?
LOL

There is little in Christianity that is Biblically supported.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#496663 Mar 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw that on Rodman. I would go out on a limb and say most that live there don't think the dear leader is "awesome" if they were allowed to speak the truth.
No, definately not. I'm hoping Kim Jung JR. Has a plan to become a civilized nation over there. Something he would have to bring about slowly and carefully..........

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#496664 Mar 1, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
internet out of date web pages are his teacher, and references
he contradict yourselves badly,
only simple people are not able to catch his posted web specualtions and denials,
he doesn't believe at them,or have any clue about ancient history,or modern christianity
I don't use it enough to know...
I would think that one needs a LOT of time for that!
Does that make me simple dr shrink?

Location hidden

#496665 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am.
(That sentence also phrase proves I am God according to Christian doctrine)
Only according to YOUR doctrine..LOL..hahaha YOU are a god? hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha..th anks for the laugh. I needed that

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#496666 Mar 1, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Farts owb dr Shrink only,
and release those spiritual fragrances to all atheists and nonsenses posted posts
maybe stinks of Farts allow them to make adjustement of their humanoidal monkies brains?
Good point..........

But I'll keep the bottle right here in case you change your mind..........

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496667 Mar 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the Bible is due for another rewrite. I'll petition the Queen. QEV 2013.
Isn't there already a "gay friendly" version?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#496669 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Look at a picture of a map of the world today and it still looks flat.....
Too bad there wasn't a globe to look at "way back then".

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496670 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Unclean and cannot approach or be in God's presence? There are plenty of people in the Bible who did (Abram, Jacob, Issac, Abraham, Moses, etc).
As to Adam's "sin" that is a whole story unto itself. God places two people the equivalent of infants in a garden and puts two forbidden trees right in front of them and then leaves them alone? That's worse than leaving a toddler in a backyard with an unfenced pool. At a minimum God was a pretty bad caretaker, at worse an intentional trickster. And what was this grave "sin"? Acquiring the knowledge of good and evil. I mean, what is so horrific about that?
But at least you have an explanation for why Adam and Eve didn't die after God warned them that they would. Otherwise God lied and the snake told the truth. But isn't it a little obtuse to say "oh God didn't mean 'die' in the obvious sense". I mean, given the naive state of Adam and Eve, wouldn't that subtlety be entire lost on them?
Yep.
Based on the Christian interpretations, abortion is a sin but it is OK to throw a rattlesnake in a baby's crib.

What insane person believes this crap ?

Wait...they're here.

Location hidden

#496671 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever I use a quote from the bible in a discussion, I endeavor to use the most accurate or faithful to the particular language that portion of the bible was written in.
So, I had supplied a couple quotes from the OT, I forget the exact verses, and I mentioned they were from what were considered the two most currently accurate Jewish/Hebrew translations available. They didn't match up with the "Christian" translations.
And the response was: "But I don't care, I'm NOT JEWISH!"
EXACTLY!!!!!! If God wanted us ALL to read ONE language then He would have made only ONE language.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tide with Beach 733,269
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 32 min Don 91
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 1 hr Suzie-C 4
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr playful 756
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 2 hr meme 477
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 539,237
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr JUDEletePete 118,014
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr religionislies 226,397
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ1 258,090
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 3 hr Jojo 29
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••