“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#496664 Mar 1, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
internet out of date web pages are his teacher, and references
he contradict yourselves badly,
only simple people are not able to catch his posted web specualtions and denials,
he doesn't believe at them,or have any clue about ancient history,or modern christianity
I don't use it enough to know...
I would think that one needs a LOT of time for that!
Does that make me simple dr shrink?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#496665 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am.
(That sentence also phrase proves I am God according to Christian doctrine)
Only according to YOUR doctrine..LOL..hahaha YOU are a god? hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha..th anks for the laugh. I needed that

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#496666 Mar 1, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Farts owb dr Shrink only,
and release those spiritual fragrances to all atheists and nonsenses posted posts
maybe stinks of Farts allow them to make adjustement of their humanoidal monkies brains?
Good point..........

But I'll keep the bottle right here in case you change your mind..........

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496667 Mar 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the Bible is due for another rewrite. I'll petition the Queen. QEV 2013.
Isn't there already a "gay friendly" version?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#496669 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Look at a picture of a map of the world today and it still looks flat.....
Too bad there wasn't a globe to look at "way back then".

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496670 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Unclean and cannot approach or be in God's presence? There are plenty of people in the Bible who did (Abram, Jacob, Issac, Abraham, Moses, etc).
As to Adam's "sin" that is a whole story unto itself. God places two people the equivalent of infants in a garden and puts two forbidden trees right in front of them and then leaves them alone? That's worse than leaving a toddler in a backyard with an unfenced pool. At a minimum God was a pretty bad caretaker, at worse an intentional trickster. And what was this grave "sin"? Acquiring the knowledge of good and evil. I mean, what is so horrific about that?
But at least you have an explanation for why Adam and Eve didn't die after God warned them that they would. Otherwise God lied and the snake told the truth. But isn't it a little obtuse to say "oh God didn't mean 'die' in the obvious sense". I mean, given the naive state of Adam and Eve, wouldn't that subtlety be entire lost on them?
Yep.
Based on the Christian interpretations, abortion is a sin but it is OK to throw a rattlesnake in a baby's crib.

What insane person believes this crap ?

Wait...they're here.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#496671 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever I use a quote from the bible in a discussion, I endeavor to use the most accurate or faithful to the particular language that portion of the bible was written in.
So, I had supplied a couple quotes from the OT, I forget the exact verses, and I mentioned they were from what were considered the two most currently accurate Jewish/Hebrew translations available. They didn't match up with the "Christian" translations.
And the response was: "But I don't care, I'm NOT JEWISH!"
EXACTLY!!!!!! If God wanted us ALL to read ONE language then He would have made only ONE language.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496672 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, no.
Description of Straw Man
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.
Ya, like you saying I'm dishonest & ignorant.

Here:

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when scar simply ignores RR's actual position and substitutes his distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496673 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible isn't open to interpretation to "make it whatever you want". It is what it is.
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:Some folks just misinterpret it.
<quoted text>
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
LMAO!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#496674 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>**SNIPPED FOR SPACE**Why haven't people got the right to play with an eagle's egg? And yet they have the right to kill as many babies in their lifetime as they can?
.. Serah, are you a mom ??..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496675 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter who Hitler killed? It's OK to kill sinners? I don't see where you are going with that.
Anyway, thanks and I appreciate the dialogue. You certainly have a different perspective on Christian ideology than many others I've talked with.
You mean St. Adolf who sent 6 million Christ killers to Hell ?

The only thing more evil than the Christian deity are the millions of humans that kill and hate for it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496677 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know much about the history of the Hebrews.
You should read their ancient history books or talk to a Rabbi. <smile>
Either way, the "laws" in Leviticus were written strictly for the Levites, the Hebrew tribe of Levi. There are still a few hundred thousand Levites in existence today....

Care to point out the error?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496678 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Jesus said to avoid people like you.
Where did you read that?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496680 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not true, "only Jews aren't allowed to be gay". There are several other passages in the bible that talks about homosexuality, most notably the 7th Commanment.....
Please post where it says homosexuality.

I can only assume that you are trying to choke YHWY to death.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496681 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "mythos", you mean the bible, yes. It does say that you choose & that God gives you the freedom to choose.
But another fallacy of false dichotomy, scar? Really?
Maybe you'd like to explain how the - false dilemma - applies to what I said.

Please, do so.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496682 Mar 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If "live or die" is a false dichotomy, what is the other option?
Would you like to retract or clarify at this point?
To merely live is to be not dead or inanimate.

To die is to stop living.

If that is all you think their is to life, you got issues.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496683 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True but it shows respect.
Do you not stand?
Agreed!

If I enter a Christian Church I take my hat off. If I enter a synogogue I cover my head.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496684 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you read that?
"do not keep on babbling like pagans" Matthew 6:7

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496685 Mar 1, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we believe a rabbi? He is just as much human as the ones who wrote the bible. You know..the ones you keep calling a liar. Maybe your rabbi is lying. Rabbi's are religious leaders. PERIOD..........
<snicker>
Let's just throw the bible out then.

All in favor?

Say...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#496686 Mar 1, 2013
Agreed.

The Strawman Fallacy is one of the most misnamed and misunderstood rhetorical deciets in recent history.

Even academics use the term incorrectly.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, no.
Description of Straw Man
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:
Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.
Examples of Straw Man
Prof. Jones: "The university just cut our yearly budget by $10,000."
Prof. Smith: "What are we going to do?"
Prof. Brown: "I think we should eliminate one of the teaching assistant positions. That would take care of it."
Prof. Jones: "We could reduce our scheduled raises instead."
Prof. Brown: " I can't understand why you want to bleed us dry like that, Jones."
"Senator Jones says that we should not fund the attack submarine program. I disagree entirely. I can't understand why he wants to leave us defenseless like that."
Bill and Jill are arguing about cleaning out their closets:
Jill: "We should clean out the closets. They are getting a bit messy."
Bill: "Why, we just went through those closets last year. Do we have to clean them out everyday?"
Jill: "I never said anything about cleaning them out every day. You just want too keep all your junk forever, which is just ridiculous."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 12 min Khatru 842
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 35 min Ed Teach 100
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 38 min Ed Teach 53,259
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min onemale 778,849
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 47 min cheer the f up 119,695
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Michael 560,589
Are our soldiers traitors? 1 hr onemale 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 265,483
Gay snapchat names 1 hr boygyhoy 183
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) Sat risque 137
More from around the web