Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#496742 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I used to be a born-again Christian"
how can a person be re-generated with a new nature then get his old one back?
if this guy was truly born-again and now he's not, it may mean that he's renounced Christ? if so, what have any of us to do with him???
He never had the Spirit of Jesus Christ to get to YHWH God, he had a Religion named Christianity.

That two different things. One is man acquired, Religion. Only God can accomplish the other. Learn that.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#496743 Mar 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
To add to that... Israel literally means="he strives with God". So, in effect, that would translate to = thou shalt say to the descendants(generations) of those who strive with God.
Notice it doesn't say "nations", but "children"
With absolutely no intention on being contentious, the actual definition of the name "Israel" is "'God' strives," based on the combination of two terms; "sarah" and "'el." The most accurate translation of the term "sarah" is "have power as a prince," and "to prevail." And this coincides with what's written. Genesis 32:28 says, "Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed."

And as to your mention of "nations," it's also written, "And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." So, as we can see, the priesthood was not supposed to rest solely on Levi. But, for what purpose was the whole nation to become priests? ANSWER: The children of Israel was supposed to serve as light unto the Gentiles.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#496744 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever I use a quote from the bible in a discussion, I endeavor to use the most accurate or faithful to the particular language that portion of the bible was written in.
So, I had supplied a couple quotes from the OT, I forget the exact verses, and I mentioned they were from what were considered the two most currently accurate Jewish/Hebrew translations available. They didn't match up with the "Christian" translations.
And the response was: "But I don't care, I'm NOT JEWISH!"
Sort of like I don't care about the starving in the rest of the world, they're not American?

#496745 Mar 1, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we believe a rabbi? He is just as much human as the ones who wrote the bible. You know..the ones you keep calling a liar. Maybe your rabbi is lying. Rabbi's are religious leaders. PERIOD..........
<snicker>
JESUS was a Jewish Rabbi :)

#496746 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus DOESN'T SAY HE WILL BE RAISED FROM THE DEAD. He says he could knock down and rebuild Judaism's Holy Place in a couple days. That occured in 70 AD. Sounds like a fulfilled prophecy to me...or a pretty obvious statement to most first century Jews.
If Jesus was resurrected he surely would have choked to death on all the words Christians shoved in his mouth.
Thought you would have understood this, but obviously not

"Jesus answered and said to them,‘Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up"

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496747 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, like you saying I'm dishonest & ignorant.
Here:
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when scar simply ignores RR's actual position and substitutes his distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.
I never characterized a position of yours on a topic of debate or discussion at all.

What I spoke of had to do with you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496748 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>JESUS was a Jewish Rabbi :)
Exactly.

Excellent.

Thanks.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496749 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thought you would have understood this, but obviously not
"Jesus answered and said to them,‘Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up"
Yes. He says he can build a Temple as mahically as Solomon did. Any Jew of the time would have understood what he was talking about.

Oh wait. Christians don't know anything about Judaism.

Solomon built the Tenple in a few days with help of a magic ring and enslaving demons as workers.

That you can read Temple as body and raise a building as come back from the dead; is just because you have been brainwashed into accepting the fairystories of pagans in Rome.

You aren't a liar. I take that respectfully back. You are however not intelligent enough to know the difference between manure and shoe polish.

Clue for all Christians, your religion is full of 1700 years of bullshit made up by cluless Roman frauds.

Location hidden

#496750 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sort of like I don't care about the starving in the rest of the world, they're not American?
That's awful of you, Serah.

Why wouldn't you not care about the starving people in the world if they're not American?

Location hidden

#496751 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sort of like I don't care about the starving in the rest of the world, they're not American?
Good Straw man.

Now, would you please explain just exactly what you did right there to RiversideRedneck?

#496752 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad there wasn't a globe to look at "way back then".
Ahh... you get my point! Well done :)

#496753 Mar 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Serah, are you a mom ??..
Yes, and a Grandmother. My daughter in law rang me in tears when my grandson was 2 months old, telling me she was pregnant again and devastated. She didn't know how my son would take it, or in fact, the rest of my family, as she fell pregnant fairly early in their relationship.

They just celebrated their 10 year renewal ~( the avatar pic I am using at the moment is one taken of me giving a speech at their anniversary) and the two boys are there, quite often mistaken as twins seeing as there is only 11 months between them.

My beautiful granddaughter was already a part of Mel's life when she joined our family, but I am very Blessed, and love each one of those grandchildren for their own personalities.

I would imagine abortion was well and truly discussed through those early days of that pregnancy, and each moment I spend with my youngest grandson, I know how lucky I am to have him in my life.

He has an amazing personality, and loves music and singing and is a real romantic at heart!! One time, when we had 4 boys here, one of them swore, and the little fella said, how can you swear in this home, it is almost like a Church?

We Pray before our meals ~ in fact, we take turns in Praying; we took the 4 boys to see The Life of Pi and even though it was such a GOD driven movie, these boys aged from 12 to 10 years old sat there with us until the end, where as I have seen adults complain and stop watching.

Starting to sound like I love my children and grandchildren, I guess, but that is good, because it is exactly how I feel - lucky indeed to have them in my life :)

#496754 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post where it says homosexuality.
I can only assume that you are trying to choke YHWY to death.
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.....

Well Hello G ~ how old do you think the Bible is?

***The actual term, homosexuality, comes from the late 18th century, when it was first used. The word itself is a unitary construct that is derived from the Greek term “homos” or same.
http://www.banap.net/spip.php... ***

#496755 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awful of you, Serah.
Why wouldn't you not care about the starving people in the world if they're not American?
I'm not even American LOL, and I care.... that GOD's Children are starving, but sure you realised that and are just taking the mickey :)

#496756 Mar 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. He says he can build a Temple as mahically as Solomon did. Any Jew of the time would have understood what he was talking about.
Oh wait. Christians don't know anything about Judaism.
Solomon built the Tenple in a few days with help of a magic ring and enslaving demons as workers.
That you can read Temple as body and raise a building as come back from the dead; is just because you have been brainwashed into accepting the fairystories of pagans in Rome.
You aren't a liar. I take that respectfully back. You are however not intelligent enough to know the difference between manure and shoe polish.
Clue for all Christians, your religion is full of 1700 years of bullshit made up by cluless Roman frauds.
You know what?

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.****

Your insults mean jack siht!

#496757 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Straw man.
Now, would you please explain just exactly what you did right there to RiversideRedneck?
Why don't you?

Location hidden

#496758 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh... you get my point! Well done :)
I wonder what the deity was basing its point of reference on in inspiring the nomads to write down what the world was like?

Ahh, a map.

Never mind.

Location hidden

#496759 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not even American LOL, and I care.... that GOD's Children are starving, but sure you realised that and are just taking the mickey :)
Or maybe it was your assumption in regards to starvation in the world and tied that to me being an American, and that since I don't have a deity belief, too, I must not care.

Location hidden

#496760 Mar 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you?
hahaaa...

That's more difficult than you can imagine.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496761 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christians & Humanists aren't cultures, but I get your analogy. What are we at conflict about? Rules? Laws? Ideals?
Values. Whoever determines the dominant cultural values determines the complexion and temperament of the culture.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
As Americans, we all have our own choices to make regarding religion or non-religion. There are no Christian laws that would impede your own pursuit of life, liberty or happiness.
There are a few laws that need to be changed. None of them affect me personally, but they do affect other people. And since it's your standard for fairness and legitimacy, you'll be glad to know that fixing them will not "impede your own pursuit of life, liberty or happiness," either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kentthetard 675,425
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 110,022
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr hallucinatingGab 982,187
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 1 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 69
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 1 hr andet1987 10
I love to show off my hot wife (Jan '12) 4 hr Deewhy 23
More from around the web