“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496519 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You seem to be under the impression that Christians are at war with Humanists, or vice versa. Why?
War only in metaphor, as in "culture war."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What is it that you fear so much about Christians?
Nothing. What makes you think that my contempt has anything to do with fear?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
the many, many churches I have attended never said anything about gays & atheists.
Read their manual.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Have I ever tried to convert you?
Have I ever told you you're going to hell?
Have I ever told you I'll pray for you?
My interest in this matter extends beyond what you do.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your lil chicken-on-a-stick doesn't scare me.
You wouldn't believe how many people are scared senseless into worshiping it.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#496520 Mar 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
oops, what good timing, lol!
I did not mean to do that
oh thought it double posted.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496521 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree; none of us have the right to really tell anyone what they can or can't do, unless it breaks man(kinds) law. If you saw a speeding hoon (that's what we call them down here, hoon drivers, and if they are caught dropping wheelies and doing too much over the speed limit, they impound their car) would you feel you had the right to tell them to stop speeding, they might kill someone? Or a drink driver or some such similar?
Or would you just let them speed through the side streets without a care in the world?
Interesting point.

The first argument would be to say that those laws are meant to protect other people, but then the rebuttal would be that fetuses are "other people" also & need laws to protect them.

So then the next argument is that the speeders, drunk drivers are unsafe to innocent would-be victims, the rebuttal to that would be that fetuses are also would-be innocent victims.

I feel that the Constitution prevents abortions from being unlawful, as every citizen has a right to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness. A fetus isn't a citizen & therefore has no rights yet. The mother is a citizen and perhaps having a child would negate her dreams or pursuits.

Now that in no way means I think people should whore around frivolously with no cares of getting pregnant or not, they should! Little slut club girl should have condones with her before hitting the clubs.

I know that abortions can be very cruel & very saddening. But I feel that sometimes you have to suck it up and let people enjoy freedoms - even if you disagree.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#496522 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care what they do in China or India. They're a bunch of backwards people anyways.
"Thank you for calling customer support"
Oh, they are not GOD's Children then?

Didn't know your feelings towards other Nationalities ~ but, we get to know each other as time moves on, do we not?

Thank you for answering customer support.....

But, how do you feel about American babies having their heads crushed, and their limbs pulled off as part of the extraction process? Did you see that video where the baby was seen suffering?

***The Silent Scream is an anti-abortion video that – through the use of real-time ultrasound – shows the actual process of aborting a 11-week old fetus in all its terrifying detail.
Dr. Bernard Nathanson’s classic video that shocked the world. He explains the procedure of a suction abortion, followed by an actual first trimester abortion as seen through ultrasound.

The viewer can see the child’s pathetic attempts to escape the suction curette as her heart rate doubles, and a “silent scream” as her body is torn apart.

The abortionist was quite skilled, having performed more than 10,000 abortions. We discover that the resulting ultrasound of his abortion so appalled him that he never again performed another abortion.

The clip begins with an ultrasound of the fetus (girl) who is about to be aborted. The girl is moving in the womb; displays a s the abortionist’s suction tip begins to invade the womb, the child rears and moves violently in an attempt to avoid the instrument. Her mouth is visibly open in a “silent scream.” The child’s heart rate speeds up dramatically (to 200 beats per minute) as she senses aggression. She moves violently away in a pathetic attempt to escape the instrument.

The abortionist’s suction tip begins to rip the baby’s limbs from its body, ultimately leaving only her head in the uterus (too large to be pulled from the uterus in one piece). The abortionist attempts to crush her head with his forceps, allowing it to be removed.

In an effort to “dehumanize” the procedure, the abortionist and anesthesiologist refer to the baby’s head as “number 1.” The abortionist crushes “number 1&#8243; with the forceps and removes it from the uterus.

Women are victims, too. They haven’t been told about the true nature of the unborn child or the facts about abortion procedures. Their wombs have been perforated, infected, destroyed, and sterilized. All as a result of an operation about which they they have had no true knowledge. NARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League) and Planned Parenthood are accused of a conspiracy of silence, of keeping women in the dark about the reality of abortion.

Finally, Dr. Nathanson discusses his credentials. He is a former abortionist, having been the director of the largest clinic in the Western world.

I’ve included the Youtubes of the video below. The following is a summary of what each video part contains.

Part 1 is an introduction to what abortion actually entails.

Part 2 explains how the abortion instruments are actually used on the fetus – cutting off and crushing its head.

Part 3 is the ‘highlight’ of the series. Video of an ultrasound taken while the baby is being murdered in its mother’s womb. Towards the middle of the video, you see the fetus bucking and kicking, trying desperately to escape as the abortionist rams the implement into the womb and eventually kills the child.

Part 4 has abortion statistics (current modern statistics are 1.2 million abortions per month worldwide) and gruesome images of the leftover body parts of murdered aborted fetuses. If you don’t care to see dead and dismembered babies (with human faces), don’t watch.

Part 5 wraps up, and has images of a beautiful fetus… Contrasted with another image of a murdered abortion victim.

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/th... ***

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#496523 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care what they do in China or India. They're a bunch of backwards people anyways.
"Thank you for calling customer support"
Wow

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#496524 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Great post. I do know btw. I was an atheist up to three and a half years ago. My brother and many of my ex friends are also atheists.
That was after spending the first 17 years of my life raised as and the a performing, pagan. All up I was an atheist longer than the other two combined and I was forced then led by my damaged psyche, to be pagan and I didn't like it, I'll just leave it there.
I've been atheist for close to 25 years. I do fine. But that's me.
Illuminatrix wrote:
It's never good to assume anything about people. Especially ones you know nothing about.
Yeah, and I do agree. Sometimes in this venue of text and delayed replies, it is easy to expect or assume a response or position.

We usually put a brief description out there and then the person on the other side of the screen has to somewhat fill in the missing or empty spots.

I don't think we (posters) do it on purpose to be an irritant, necessarily(some do, however).

Location hidden

#496525 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
There is no law saying a person, or citizen of the United States has to stand for the National Anthem.
True but it shows respect.

Do you not stand?

Fennario

#496526 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
we have turned this planet into a disease ridden, corrupt and vile toilet.
"We have turned this planet into a disease ridden, corrupt and vile toilet"

I see an embroidered throw pillow in this piece of poetry's future!

#496527 Mar 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine doe that sometimes too.
I think it goes in the 'twilight zone, lol
Maybe some postings have to do a few laps around the old block of the world before they get to their destination, and others take the direct route :)

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496528 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Also. Making fun of abused children, even passively aggressively, is low.
WHU?

Maybe you can explain more. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#496529 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not true, "only Jews aren't allowed to be gay". There are several other passages in the bible that talks about homosexuality, most notably the 7th Commanment...
But you are correct about the "Children of Israel" & the twelve tribes.
Being gay has nothing to do with the 7th commandment. Speaking of the Commandments, do you keep them all? Do you observe the Sabbath?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#496530 Mar 1, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've missed you, too, Seentheotherside/Seen Is Awesome.
And I'd forgotten all about you, until I read your silly post where you were STILL obsessing over me after all this time. A whole year or two, maybe more. You are sad.

Fennario

#496531 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
On a completely different note, you would not believe the stuff I found in my decrypted logs today.
Maybe you need to chew your food more thoroughly.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496532 Mar 1, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are not able to consume any salad,or word salad,
your right mind is to narrow to stick so many salads words,
you are able only to have on your penaut mind ,skin from potatoes,onions,and carrots
I don't debate anything with atheistic immoral stink like you?
debating or discussing with trolls like you is;blasphemy, and insulting God Holy Word Bible and His Gospel
Flazatham.

Fennario

#496533 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Brilliant. Because, well, they did trust exactly what the Bible said, didn't they? Although to be fair, the Bible also says that one should not test God, and intentionally poisoning yourself to make a point would seem to violate that.
Thanks. And good to be posting with you again.

#496534 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point.
The first argument would be to say that those laws are meant to protect other people, but then the rebuttal would be that fetuses are "other people" also & need laws to protect them.
So then the next argument is that the speeders, drunk drivers are unsafe to innocent would-be victims, the rebuttal to that would be that fetuses are also would-be innocent victims.
I feel that the Constitution prevents abortions from being unlawful, as every citizen has a right to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness. A fetus isn't a citizen & therefore has no rights yet. The mother is a citizen and perhaps having a child would negate her dreams or pursuits.
Now that in no way means I think people should whore around frivolously with no cares of getting pregnant or not, they should! Little slut club girl should have condones with her before hitting the clubs.
I know that abortions can be very cruel & very saddening. But I feel that sometimes you have to suck it up and let people enjoy freedoms - even if you disagree.
Yeah ~ well let them enjoy their freedoms, sleeping with who they feel like and who the heck has the right to tell them to wear condoms?

I think it must be easier for people to think of babies as inhuman, with no right to life, so that they have no guilt supporting those that want to kill babies. But, that is of course, my opinion only.

***Three years ago, the bald eagle was removed from the federal registry of endangered species. Some attribute that success to the protection and conservation of the majestic bird as a result of the BALD EAGLE PROTECTION ACT passed in 1940 and its subsequent amendments (16 U.S.C.§§ 668-668d, June 8, 1940, as amended 1959, 1962, 1972, and 1978).

The original Act noted that the Continental Congress in 1782 adopted the bald eagle as a national icon and the eagle subsequently went on to become the symbolic representation of our new nation as well as the American ideals of freedom. However, within a hundred years of adopting the bald eagle as the national symbol – the bird was nearly extinct in this country.

So the law was passed that made it a federal offense to “…pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb…a bald or golden eagle, alive or dead; or any part of its nest or egg of these eagles….”

The original penalty for violating this law was $5,000 or a year in prison. However, under the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, as amended in 1987, the fine soared to $100,000 for guilty individuals who tried to “…pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb…a bald or golden eagle, alive or dead; or any part, nest or egg of these eagles….”

I think it’s great that this law may have brought the bald eagle back from the brink of extinction and refocused the nation’s attention on the importance of wildlife conservation.

http://thedailyretort.com/100000-penalty-for-... ***

Why haven't people got the right to play with an eagle's egg? And yet they have the right to kill as many babies in their lifetime as they can?

Fennario

#496535 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
So, you're saying that because some or probably most priests in the Catholic Church (good friends of the gay movement), molested children it's ok for the gay elite to have "secret" meetings online posting pictures of naked children being raped and in various other positions of abuse and talking about how delicious it all is?
If I ever say that, it will be at gunpoint.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#496536 Mar 1, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Most Pedophiles are in hiding, chased and prosecuted, I gather... unlike NAMbLA who "pridefully" flaunts it at gay parades, at conventions and at other public venues.
NAMbLA stands for North American Man/boy Love Association for those who don't know. They are homosexuals who unashamedly prey on boys. Wonder if there is a sister organization to NAMbLA?
What he says is truth. The magazine was banned from the prisons I believe it was in the past ten years. That should be banned period. In my opinion, anyone who has anything to do with the magazine, should be arrested for crimes against humanity. I also believe that the people who buy it and are found with it, should be arrested for promoting such inhumane acts to children. I am sure if one was to dig deep enough, you would find a sister organization. Money is all they are interested in, and creeps are gonna buy the trash... Unfortunately, sex trafficking/human trafficking is happening more and more. There are many female predators, they just don't get caught in the acts, because they are a mother figure, so children are more confused, whether to tell. In my opinion, a man wanting a boy is a homosexual act. A man wanting a girl is a pedophile, same goes for women who commits such an act...Anyone who would do such a crime, I have no use for. They have broken a trust against humanity,(the innocent) and should never be trusted around any child. Just my opinion.

Location hidden

#496537 Mar 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
War only in metaphor, as in "culture war."
Christians & Humanists aren't cultures, but I get your analogy.

What are we at conflict about? Rules? Laws? Ideals?

As Americans, we all have our own choices to make regarding religion or non-religion.

There are no Christian laws that would impede your own pursuit of life, liberty or happiness.
Nothing. What makes you think that my contempt has anything to do with fear?
Because you think that Christians, er um the church, scares you.

Besides, "contempt"??

Contempt is the feeling that a person or thing is below consideration, worthless or deserving scorn.

THAT is your fear of Christians.
Read their manual.
The bible doesn't preach in church on Sundays.

I said I've never heard a preacher denigrate gays like you suggest is happening every Sunday morning in every church.

You're flat out wrong.
My interest in this matter extends beyond what you do.
Why? I represent the average middle class American Christian.
You wouldn't believe how many people are scared senseless into worshiping it.
You have a shiny chicken?!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#496538 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course free will is supported....
According to your religious mythology, you have an option. A or B.

Live or die.

That isn't free will.

That's my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min curiouslu 738,083
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 258,989
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min duststorm 441,327
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min guest 541,878
What kind of planes REALLY flew into the twin t... 21 min Doctor REALITY 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min bacon hater 95,357
I'm voting for Joe Biden 32 min andet1987 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 173,616
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr lili 148
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••