Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496584 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
So, you're saying that because some or probably most priests in the Catholic Church (good friends of the gay movement), molested children it's ok for the gay elite to have "secret" meetings online posting pictures of naked children being raped and in various other positions of abuse and talking about how delicious it all is?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If I ever say that, it will be at gunpoint.
I've noticed the Straw man is a staple on this thread, along with others, but the Straw man especially so.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#496585 Mar 1, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
So THAT is the best you can do get out of getting caught in your deceit of using Doctor's Without Borders to prove how great your evil Christianity is? When they have NOTHING to do with your religion.
Lame.
Why can't you just admit that you lied?
'Seen'... I may not be the bast at hopeful analogies - or even examples when I write - but that was intended to show one did not have to belong to any religion, be they Doctors without Boarders, or Mother Theresa.

As I was posting to Serah - who is of the Christian Faith as you already know also, I am - we could identify with either, and without judgement, see the unbiased goodness of both... with or without 'religion'.

If you can help me correct my writing ability for you and the whole world to fully understand... than please do. But I have no reason to lie.

So this statement?
How would you word it only re my correction...

"Over time, we have divided even the mainstream religions into many different branches. Only minds with a biased attitude will claim they are the exclusively right establishment of their religious beliefs; and sadly, one must have a pass-port of their acceptance to even enter their hallowed doors.

But an automatic pass through the threshold of respect for one another, is sharing each others lives and differences. A right religion would denote all these things without seeking power of one's own glory; nor designate a better than each other's position. Hearts will determine the good, and the right.

Here it brakes the borders of lands, currencies, getting to the root of the one right religion. A good example is doctors without boarders who, without asking for themselves, help others less fortunate. These, like Mother Theresa can impart a conviction of the heart to quietly go about practicing, "doing to others as they would like done to themselves."

Thus... many do not attend a church... built with hands, but – as Jesus taught – become living temples wherein lies the kingdom of God."

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496586 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
Sadly, you almost appear to be sticking up for those that did bombard them, and drug them
Sadly, you feel compelled to malign my character. No, I do not wish Mormon missionaries harm or defend violence against them. And I am not a bad person because I despise your church and say so. That is not sufficient grounds to post the kinds of thing that you did.

My comment was that they are obviously unwanted by many who are willing to hurt them, and they should consider whether proselytizing is appropriate under such circumstances.

Fennario

#496587 Mar 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you referring to in your mind when you say "we"?
"We" means me and one or more other people, in this case, people that feel the same as I do.
Knowledge

United States

#496588 Mar 1, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Wow!
Strange of you to think you have understanding.
The term "angel" is defined as messenger.
You people who believe in a GOD are "Nuts".
Your mannerism to others including myself, proves you were raised in a barn. My condolences. ;)

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#496589 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Seen, you have been away from the forum for awhile, so are not aware that there is a self appointed leader (pastor, I think he last referred to himself as) and he has a list he is leader of. I don't think he will want you on his list, even though he is definitely not a Christian.
But, then again, there is another just like you who gets some sort of perverse pleasure in calling Skom names, so perhaps you two are peas in a pod, like cousins so to speak. I'm sure the two of you will be best friends in no time LOL
I'm sure that was suppose to be some kind of infantile insult, but it doesn't make any sense nor have anything to do with what I posted. So here, try again:

"And to those reading these posts, Skumbucket here fancies himself a "Christian". Funny hey?

With such a hateful attitude for his fellow man, crude vile insults, and lies, he's clearly just a wannabe "Christian" loser."

Location hidden

#496590 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacy of False Dichotomy.
Try again.
hahaa... Get on praying to your deity about that, and maybe it'll update the manual.

hahahaa..Right, "that ain't gonna happen".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496591 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah. RiversideRedneck isn't known for being the bastion of reason and measured thought or response, or even being entirely truthful...
Hello, straw man.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496592 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Sadly, you feel compelled to malign my character. No, I do not wish Mormon missionaries harm or defend violence against them. And I am not a bad person because I despise your church and say so. That is not sufficient grounds to post the kinds of thing that you did.
My comment was that they are obviously unwanted by many who are willing to hurt them, and they should consider whether proselytizing is appropriate under such circumstances.
What of your proselytizing? Do you feel is warranted or wanted?

Location hidden

#496593 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You have the free will to choose your own pathway in life...... you are after all, where you are at the will of yourself, are you not?
Maybe we should clarify. Your mythos says that you choose the deity or die, no?
Knowledge

United States

#496594 Mar 1, 2013
mike wrote:
Did a GOD really tell Moses to kill a man for picking up a few sticks, or was moses just an angry man?
I think your parents should have taken a stick to you. How old are you anyway? Sounds like you are not even past puberty...LOL

Did your parents not give you enough crunchy peanut butter? Anger issues are with you... You clearly are the one with anger issues.

Fennario

#496595 Mar 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Where do you keep getting your delusion from that I care if you believe in Jesus or follow the teachings of the church or that I care if you look upon the church favorably?
Why do you think that I care what your opinions are about anything? Your reading comprehension is abysmal.
Skombolis wrote:
Talk about bad reading comprehension.
I just did, and do, frequently - often yours.
Skombolis wrote:
When did I say that you care what my opinions are? I am telling you that I dont care what YOUR opinions are.
You imply that I care what your opinions are every time you post one, like the one above: "I am telling you that I dont care what YOUR opinions are."

I repeat, why do you think that I care what your opinions are any more than you care about mine ... Dim?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#496596 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, the earth looks quite round. From far enough away, circles and spheres both appear to be circles. From further yet, they both appear to be points.
Your bible got it wrong. Te earth is roughly spherical, not a circle.
Don't blame an alien for what's wrong in the Bible IANS
It might shock you to know what's right!
What do you believe of it?

Job 38
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496597 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa... Get on praying to your deity about that, and maybe it'll update the manual.
hahahaa..Right, "that ain't gonna happen".
You wrote:

"According to your religious mythology, you have an option. A or B.

Live or die.

That isn't free will."

The fallacy of false dichotomy is committed when the arguer claims that his conclusion is one of only two options, when in fact there are other possibilities.

The arguer then goes on to show that the 'only other option' is clearly outrageous, and so his preferred conclusion must be embraced.

Again, Fallacy of False Dichotomy.

Try again?

Fennario

#496598 Mar 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Skombolis writer whatever you did to cause these freethinkers to be so unraveled in hate and frustration, you need to tell the rest of the Christians on here how you do it, because is fun seeing how you in they heads and affecting them.
You won't mind if I quote you on this, will you. Thanks!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496600 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should clarify. Your mythos says that you choose the deity or die, no?
If by "mythos", you mean the bible, yes. It does say that you choose & that God gives you the freedom to choose.

But another fallacy of false dichotomy, scar? Really?
Knowledge

United States

#496601 Mar 1, 2013
mike wrote:
Pretend there is a GOD to escape reality?
What one does in private is their business.
Express yourself in public, you get what you get.
With a mouth like yours, most likely jail time. You are a very rude person, is someone paying you to be this way, or does it just come natural?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#496603 Mar 1, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that was suppose to be some kind of infantile insult, but it doesn't make any sense nor have anything to do with what I posted. So here, try again:
"And to those reading these posts, Skumbucket here fancies himself a "Christian". Funny hey?
With such a hateful attitude for his fellow man, crude vile insults, and lies, he's clearly just a wannabe "Christian" loser."
You fit all those catagories- hateful attitude for his fellow man, crude vile insults, lies,and more.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#496604 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To call a union of two persons of the same sex a "marriage" is an inaccurate term.
In the Bible, marriage is a divinely ordered institution designed to form a permanent union between one man and one woman for many purposes, including procreating or propagating the human race. Genesis 1:27, 28; 2:24; Matthew 19:5
Procreating? Whoa!! That's a massive statement isn't it?

Psalm 139:1 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.....

At what point do you think our DNA is implanted into us? At what point is it no longer aborting a fetus but killing a GOD given life?

If you believe our DNA pops into being at some stage down the track of fetushood, what makes the fetus grow from a bit of sperm coming into contact with an egg? With no GOD given plan, as such, would not the egg just hang around the uterus as an egg?

Sorry, but I have a hard time coming to terms with why you would have posted you agree with abortions, seemingly to me totally out of the blue?

What do you think Psalm 139 is all about, if it is not one thanking GOD for being given the chance of life?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#496605 Mar 1, 2013
Just a re-post Lucy!
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
In reading all these posts, trying to catch up, a verse came to my mind that I thought you might appreciate, Blessings Qu :-)
Genesis 12:1-7
"I will make you a great nation. To your descendants I will give this land. In you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." --- The Lord
Maybe that's why the world's majority are children of God... Religions/Governing Bodies are not God, so I don't think it even comes into it, when it come to true Faith.
Every one here knows this on some level, which is why the good stand their ground and the evil ones lie and get enraged.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lucy,
Just felt this re Jesus would add to why too...
Taking 'Abraham' a step further back... where Christian Faith becomes another religion... which thing I don't believe he intended.
God Bless

John 8
53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am:
and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min MAGA_ITN 17,424
Looking for girls to snapchat 17 min aldenmorgan737 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Buck Crick 983,256
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Michael 683,928
Blindfolded, hands tied and forced to their kne... 1 hr Leave None Alive 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 2 hr andet1987 86
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,421
More from around the web