Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496569 Mar 1, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I too am sorry bout your hands... I too miss my geeetar... due to my injuries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aZ1dm_Q-AtUXX
Little Wing - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Enjoy BT...
Recent reference the its lyrics:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496570 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True but it shows respect.
Do you not stand?
Yes I do. I was also in the U.S Army.

If someone didn't stand, it wouldn't bother me(I've seen that, BTW), and I also think it is a persons right to stand or not stand during the National Anthem.
Knowledge

United States

#496571 Mar 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just google Christian Parades and you will find that there are several.
I don't know why there aren't more. Anyone can apply for a permit to have a parade. I doubt if it would be denied as long as it is for peaceful intent.
Why do you think that churches don't apply to have parades?
I lived in this one city for a while and the Hindus had built a new temple. They held a parade for the entire city. Many people went to watch. Several of the main streets were closed down for a couple of hours.
IMO If Christians wanted parades they could have them. I actually think it would a good idea for churches in small towns to join together with other churches in their area and put one together. Kids love parades and most high school bands look for things to participate in.
Why don't you in your area put one together?
I lived in a town of 16,000 when my kids were small...they had a Christmas parade for the city. It was huge. There were all kinds of floats including those from all of the area churches. There were bands, scouts, ball teams, bands, clowns...it was great fun.
I do not live in a large community. The closest town is 2500 population. I live on the outskirts of that town, and a community of population, 300. It takes money to have parades, and most communities simply do not have it. The state of Illinois is broke, and it costs money to stop traffic and close off streets. Most people who have a business is barely getting by. I wish we could hold parades, we have a Homecoming parade, and a Fall Festival parade, and the kids dress up in halloween costumes in it. That is it. I suppose if you want to live in small tight communities you pay a price... peace and tranquility, LOL. If you want to see big parades you have to travel a bit to see them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496572 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't for one. But aside from that, any gay couple who are married don't commit adultery either. I mean, duh.
To call a union of two persons of the same sex a "marriage" is an inaccurate term.

In the Bible, marriage is a divinely ordered institution designed to form a permanent union between one man and one woman for many purposes, including procreating or propagating the human race. Genesis 1:27, 28; 2:24; Matthew 19:5

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496573 Mar 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the GUY that is after the little slut club girl , should make SURE he has condoms.
Very true, I concede that.

They BOTH should have condoms.

Location hidden

#496574 Mar 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
Yeah. RiversideRedneck isn't known for being the bastion of reason and measured thought or response, or even being entirely truthful...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496575 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>At least 2 men and 2 women don't make babies, so there is no need to kill the result.
Lol, that's true. At least gays aren't having abortions. Real gays anyway, not those back n forth "gays".

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#496576 Mar 1, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that was suppose to be some kind of infantile insult, but it doesn't make any sense nor have anything to do with what I posted. So here, try again:
"And to those reading these posts, Skumbucket here fancies himself a "Christian". Funny hey?
With such a hateful attitude for his fellow man, crude vile insults, and lies, he's clearly just a wannabe "Christian" loser."
Sorry Seen, you have been away from the forum for awhile, so are not aware that there is a self appointed leader (pastor, I think he last referred to himself as) and he has a list he is leader of. I don't think he will want you on his list, even though he is definitely not a Christian.

But, then again, there is another just like you who gets some sort of perverse pleasure in calling Skom names, so perhaps you two are peas in a pod, like cousins so to speak. I'm sure the two of you will be best friends in no time LOL

Location hidden

#496577 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay has nothing to do with the 7th commandment. Speaking of the Commandments, do you keep them all? Do you observe the Sabbath?
hahahaaa

I always like the responses to that question.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#496578 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We have sex offender records down here, and those convicted are not meant to be with coo-ee of schools or where children hang out.
***We always assume that it will never happen to our own children, but according to the Australian Institute of Criminology up to 30 percent of children experience childhood sexual abuse, with five to 10 percent experiencing severe abuse. Chances are that you know a number of people who were sexually abused in some way as children; chances are that a child you know is currently being abused but is staying quiet due to fear or shame or embarrassment. It’s a terrible realization.
On Monday, Australia’s first-ever public sex offender register went live (see the ‘How it works’ box below for details). An initiative of the Western Australian (WA) state government, it has been developed to provide the public with information on known sex offenders who are living in WA. The ultimate aim is to raise public awareness and enhance the safety of children. You can access the website here.
http://www.essentialkids.com.au/preschoolers/... ***
yes, we have here ,a Sex offenders list on EVERY street that you live on, just go to that web site and put your address in for the sex offenders living in that area.

Location hidden

#496579 Mar 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to chew your food more thoroughly.
Remember: All-Bran is more effective than part-bran.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496580 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very telling that there is absolutely no new information conveyed in the Bible that the authors did not already know. Nothing about bacteria or viruses. Nothing about cancer and how to cure it. Not even anything about crop rotation, which was developed many centuries later and would have spared many people starvation. Nothing about the Earth being (roughly) spherical and orbiting the sun. In fact, the Bible thinks the sky is a fixed dome. Nothing about other planets either. Which is what the Catholic church got it's panties in such a twist over Galileo. And never mind other planets, the Bible doesn't even know about Australia, North or South America, Or Asia. And all of those places had human societies on them well before the Bible was ever written. Yet Yahweh knows them not. I mean, hello?
Ya, it's strange isn't it? The bible doesn't even tell you how to tie your shoes!

Pfffttt silly bible.

C'mon dude. The Bible was never intended to be a complete encylopedia of knowledge.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#496581 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I used to be a born-again Christian"
how can a person be re-generated with a new nature then get his old one back?
if this guy was truly born-again and now he's not, it may mean that he's renounced Christ? if so, what have any of us to do with him???
Sadly and unfortunately and sometime tragically it does happen.

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him."
Hebrews 10:38, KJV

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."
2 Peter 2:20-22, KJV

The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself."
Proverbs 14:14, KJV

"Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him."
John 6:60-66, KJV

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#496582 Mar 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
But if there is a god, as you believe, will HE give me a pass?
If not, why?
God is good to forgive anyone that calls on His son. It has not one thing to do with me or anyone else. Live your life as you wish but when you stand alone with the Lord one day blame others and see how that works out for you Mr. Catcher.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#496583 Mar 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. I was also in the U.S Army.
If someone didn't stand, it wouldn't bother me(I've seen that, BTW), and I also think it is a persons right to stand or not stand during the National Anthem.
I agree. Absolutely.

And thank you for serving.

Location hidden

#496584 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
So, you're saying that because some or probably most priests in the Catholic Church (good friends of the gay movement), molested children it's ok for the gay elite to have "secret" meetings online posting pictures of naked children being raped and in various other positions of abuse and talking about how delicious it all is?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If I ever say that, it will be at gunpoint.
I've noticed the Straw man is a staple on this thread, along with others, but the Straw man especially so.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#496585 Mar 1, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
So THAT is the best you can do get out of getting caught in your deceit of using Doctor's Without Borders to prove how great your evil Christianity is? When they have NOTHING to do with your religion.
Lame.
Why can't you just admit that you lied?
'Seen'... I may not be the bast at hopeful analogies - or even examples when I write - but that was intended to show one did not have to belong to any religion, be they Doctors without Boarders, or Mother Theresa.

As I was posting to Serah - who is of the Christian Faith as you already know also, I am - we could identify with either, and without judgement, see the unbiased goodness of both... with or without 'religion'.

If you can help me correct my writing ability for you and the whole world to fully understand... than please do. But I have no reason to lie.

So this statement?
How would you word it only re my correction...

"Over time, we have divided even the mainstream religions into many different branches. Only minds with a biased attitude will claim they are the exclusively right establishment of their religious beliefs; and sadly, one must have a pass-port of their acceptance to even enter their hallowed doors.

But an automatic pass through the threshold of respect for one another, is sharing each others lives and differences. A right religion would denote all these things without seeking power of one's own glory; nor designate a better than each other's position. Hearts will determine the good, and the right.

Here it brakes the borders of lands, currencies, getting to the root of the one right religion. A good example is doctors without boarders who, without asking for themselves, help others less fortunate. These, like Mother Theresa can impart a conviction of the heart to quietly go about practicing, "doing to others as they would like done to themselves."

Thus... many do not attend a church... built with hands, but – as Jesus taught – become living temples wherein lies the kingdom of God."

Fennario

#496586 Mar 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
Sadly, you almost appear to be sticking up for those that did bombard them, and drug them
Sadly, you feel compelled to malign my character. No, I do not wish Mormon missionaries harm or defend violence against them. And I am not a bad person because I despise your church and say so. That is not sufficient grounds to post the kinds of thing that you did.

My comment was that they are obviously unwanted by many who are willing to hurt them, and they should consider whether proselytizing is appropriate under such circumstances.

Fennario

#496587 Mar 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you referring to in your mind when you say "we"?
"We" means me and one or more other people, in this case, people that feel the same as I do.
Knowledge

United States

#496588 Mar 1, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Wow!
Strange of you to think you have understanding.
The term "angel" is defined as messenger.
You people who believe in a GOD are "Nuts".
Your mannerism to others including myself, proves you were raised in a barn. My condolences. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min old_moose 26,764
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Tellthetruth 985,719
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Jake999 6,452
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 685,847
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,294
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 4 hr Red Crosse 7
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 5 hr MOGA 41
More from around the web