Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#496199 Feb 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey PW ~ good posting :)
G'Day Serah,
Was just checking out your latest link...

I saw also you have the Mormon missionaries in for a cup-o-billy tea. Good for you.
[can't remember if they drink tea either?]

They gave me 'Enoch'+'Peal of Great Price + another'- which due to so many years with the homeless, I could not keep - while in Africa. They came back a few times as friends, even tho there was no chance of converting me.

Mine?
If a church must be a building, mine like many, is one not built by hands. Our body... as Jesus taught the 'kingdom is within'.

Interesting discussions around all these things do not subtract and we share a lot...

LUV U2! xx

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496200 Feb 28, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what gets you most angry, that i'm free enough to do what i want without worrying about what haters may say, or that i love God?;)
hahaaa.

Some of the stuff you say is absolutely senseless.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#496201 Feb 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does it in my definition.
<quoted text>
What I oppose is the church that teaches so many millions of people to think like you do. Is there anything good at all about mankind to a Christian? You don't ever seem to acknowledge the other side of man's nature, which is to strive, to achieve, to excel, and to care.
<quoted text>
You see the glass as completely empty. That is not the "reality of the whole picture."
<quoted text>
So are vaccines and antibiotics.
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any differences yet. Your attitude is distinctly Christian. Remember, unbelievers don't really care whether you pray to saints or not, worship on Saturday or Sunday, or baptize yourselves with a sprinkle or immersion.
We care what you do that affects us.
Who are you referring to in your mind when you say "we"?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#496202 Feb 28, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Brilliant. Because, well, they did trust exactly what the Bible said, didn't they? Although to be fair, the Bible also says that one should not test God, and intentionally poisoning yourself to make a point would seem to violate that.
It is impossible to know truth or actuality if you do not test that which is put before you.
That idea was put in the books by the "universal" church to predicate totalitarian theocracy, and nothing more--and it is wrong...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#496203 Feb 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>BigSmile<< <
Must be closer to your 'early' morning there now my Friend!
7pm Thrues here...
Epi usually comes in about our 10-12pm night, and in bed by then.
So might miss you!
Have a Blessed Day
Good evening (((((IRRIRA)))))

Just got in from a long day and am a little tired, 7:15 pm EST at the time of this posting, How're you today?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496204 Feb 28, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
half of those 'humanists' are satanissts
No secular humanists are satanists, and no satanists are secular humanists are satanists. We don't have a god.
Illuminatrix wrote:
like you, telling lies, I mean you must be lying right? You're not that dim are you?
I'm neither dim, nor a liar.
Illuminatrix wrote:
You were right about one thing, atheism is a slow growing minority
I didn't say that.

The group to follow is not the fraction that is willing to call themselves atheist, but the fraction unwilling to identify as Christians. When over 50% of Americans don't care what Jesus thought, you'll start losing ground in concrete ways. The face of Congress will change, as will the face of America.

I understand that you might not care about America. But that is really what I am interested in primarily: pushing back and limiting the influence of the American Christian church in American culture.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#496205 Feb 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for all the children in the world. Every one is precious, a heritage and gift from you. I pray for protection, guidance, good health, loving families, positive role models, and many blessings upon these children. So many are mistreated. Others are covered in love. Some are spoiled, others have nothing--not even bare necessities. Please reach out and touch them all, and meet every need in the way you see best. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496206 Feb 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
I'm not judging them, and not going into it in depth, but think it equally strange that a woman would want to have relationships with women as a man wanting to have a relationship with men.
Well, there's a good chance they feel just like you when they consider a male and female relationship.

Here's something that I find strange, is that theists begin discussions or interactions with the the off the wall assertion that there is such a thing as an invisible disembodied magical super brain.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#496207 Feb 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It is impossible to know truth or actuality if you do not test that which is put before you.
That idea was put in the books by the "universal" church to predicate totalitarian theocracy, and nothing more--and it is wrong...
Well, you don't need to poison yourself. A much more benign and simple test would be to, say, pray to have the severed limbs of the faithful regenerated.

whywontgodhealamputees.com/

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#496208 Feb 28, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your mythology only owns those who sign on to it. Enjoy.
you're signed on to it, you left it and still fighting it. So all you get is the bad which is the religion, and no get the good which is Jesus Christ. is just a lose/lose for you.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#496209 Feb 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! I used ta watch that on black and white TV a lot when I was a kid! LOL! As a child I used ta build radios.
I always thought it was poor design of equipment picking up induction of entropy freed electrons, or interference of "crystal" emission. So, I was always trying ta build better "chokes". Pretty smart for a little kid huh?
VERY smart for a little kid BT!

I just didn't know anything then...
I mean - had never read, seen nothing re black and white or color, etc etc - nothing but the Greek Myths [kids], which I've forgotten,+ Old Testament...

I was given after... the Mahabharata... but facts were prior too... I never saw nor read of such.

In essence I am still learning English, practice all the time while writing, yet, when studying any of these things, have my own 'hieroglyphs' and understand another language in my mind. Crazy folk Ja? I still don't own a science book!

Now in photonics it's much quicker to see in the light such things as they are... the crystal of our mind can then filter the choke! >>>grin<<<

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#496211 Feb 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you're signed on to it, you left it and still fighting it. So all you get is the bad which is the religion, and no get the good which is Jesus Christ. is just a lose/lose for you.
Nope. I'm not constrained by it in the least. And what I now know are empty threats just reinforce that this religion you follow is most definitely NOT about love.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#496212 Feb 28, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust YOU to be venting your hatred at others and spewing out your lies and insults at people, whenever I come to this thread.
You are not, nor never could be, a real Christian. Your soul is too evil for THAT to ever happen.
is what Skombolis do to you freethinkers that you all hate him so much? now here you come with more hate frustration and vitriol.

I never see a group of people so riled up against one person. Skombolis writer whatever you did to cause these freethinkers to be so unraveled in hate and frustration, you need to tell the rest of the Christians on here how you do it, because is fun seeing how you in they heads and affecting them.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#496213 Feb 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening (((((IRRIRA)))))
Just got in from a long day and am a little tired, 7:15 pm EST at the time of this posting, How're you today?
>>>LAWEST<<<
A wave as your shout riccochetes - excuse my spelling!- all the way back across the oceans. The weather is trying to cool down, but still storms in the air from heat. It's 11-30am. Fri... and last night's sleep was very broken.[ many other folks problems to consider ]

What do you like to do for R & R on your week-ends... even if you bring some work home, it must be cool there at the Art Museum?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#496214 Feb 28, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
No one ever gets right with a GOD in this life.
Your salvation has nothing to do with you.
It has EVERYTHING to do with me, because God did the drawing in and convicting of my heart, and I answered and did not not harden my heart like so many many have done, and have allowed bitterness to seep in and take root, and then come back and set themselves up up as know it all's and authorities on the subject of salvation, it's really sad and pathetic at the same time.

Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

Have a Blessed night.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#496215 Feb 28, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
More phisical more money,more riches, more dissapointments
and reap at all from the living time only for the Lord?
also? number 1 for you is all day long work and have much money as possible
huh
Yes, it's called a job and supporting yourself Shrink.

Location hidden

#496216 Feb 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Define church.
<quoted text>
Why do you think that I care what your opinions are about anything? Your reading comprehension is abysmal.
LOL...Talk about bad reading comprehension. When did I say that you care what my opinions are? I am telling you that I dont care what YOUR opinions are..be it of the 'church' or of the faith or whether YOU choose to follow the teachings of Christ or have a negative view of the 'church'. You keep saying things like if others dont want you (and you refer to yourself as 'we') to have a poor opinion of the church then blah blah blah. I keep telling you nobody cares how you view Christianity.Your ego seems to prevent you from hearing that

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#496217 Feb 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Praise God.
Praise the Lord Qu, how're you this evening?

Location hidden

#496218 Feb 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>is what Skombolis do to you freethinkers that you all hate him so much? now here you come with more hate frustration and vitriol.
I never see a group of people so riled up against one person. Skombolis writer whatever you did to cause these freethinkers to be so unraveled in hate and frustration, you need to tell the rest of the Christians on here how you do it, because is fun seeing how you in they heads and affecting them.
Haha..they do seem to get obsessed with me. I could live in their heads rent-free if I wanted but I have seen what's in there in some of their posts and would have to leave the windows open to air it out. I think instead I will just watch from a distance with amusement:)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#496219 Feb 28, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Awweee lol tis good got you convinced.lol lol
I didn't mean a multitude in your hear lil sister... sorry if that's how it might've come across! I think there are enough riots just with us in here +++ Ja?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Ice Man 42,601
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 13 min Paul McCartney is... 47
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Big Al 989,918
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 690,636
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 6 hr Big Al 662
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 12 hr Doctor REALITY 23
More from around the web