|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>My Brother is gay also..... and I love him. Why do you think you are the only one involved in the flipping non stop gay debate? And why do you think tossing insults at Fathers is helping the issue?
I'm curious. I often ask Christians who believe that homosexuality is a sin what the rationale for that would be. For the most part they either say it's simply what the Bible says (i.e., no rationale) or something to do with procreation, which would seem to also cast a pall on those who don't or can't have children. Do you have any rationale as to why the Bible would condemn homosexuality?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Pilgrim_ wrote:
“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."
Matthew 18:6
Many people say that teaching young children such things as the terrorism of hell theology, the guilt of a dysfunctional attitude toward sex, and a radical nihilism for this life is child abuse.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be willing to make an exception to the Establishment Clause and allow them to do it on public property using state supplied snakes. In fact, only people that have successfully handled a snake should be allowed to carry currency that says "In God We Trust"
LOL! Brilliant. Because, well, they did trust exactly what the Bible said, didn't they? Although to be fair, the Bible also says that one should not test God, and intentionally poisoning yourself to make a point would seem to violate that.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

@ Pilgrim:

Jeremiah: "Then the word of the Lord came to me:

9 “This is what the Lord says:‘In the same way I will ruin the pride of Judah and the great pride of Jerusalem.

10 These wicked people, who refuse to listen to my words, who follow the stubbornness of their hearts and go after other gods to serve and worship them, will be like this belt—completely useless!

11 For as a belt is bound around a man’s waist, so I bound the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah to me,’ declares the Lord,‘to be my people for my renown and praise and honor. But they have not listened.’

++++++++++

Jeremiah 13:1-11

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
BTW, I don't claim I know there isn't a god or aren't gods.
I thought you were an atheist, I didn't think you were agnostic....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure knowledge of our language and the use of a dictionary is something normal people are capable of and do. That's normal.
With such a self-proclaimed knowledge of the english language, one would know the difference between a church & the church....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your words are not valid anywhere
what you said,nobody cares
Awesome!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought to most Christians that the "church" was the body of believers...not a building.
Dipstick ;-)
Oh stop it.

You know you don't think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
So this omnipotent God does nothing for the offender? Isn't everyone an offender according to Christianity? Makes no sense.
It makes no sense to you because you don't bother trying to understand. All you do is mock.

God allows is free will, if He "did something for the offender", He'd be disturbing that free will.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
I forgive anyone, given enough time. I shouldn't, but I do. Ok, I'm lying. I don't. It sounded nice when I said it, though.
:)
I don't. Some things are better not forgiven.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dipstick
LMAO..........What the hell??????

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

@ Pilgrim (1 more) I Kings chapter 22 (the whole chapter...priceless):

"The king of Israel answered Jehoshaphat,“There is still one man through whom we can inquire of the Lord, but I hate him because he never prophesies anything good about me, but always bad. He is Micaiah son of Imlah.”

==========

Also... Jeremiah chapter 37. Being a prophet of the Lord in that time has been romanticized but it actually was a deadly occupation of sorts. It got so bad in Jeremiah's time he actually said that he wasn't going to speak the Word of the Lord anymore... but couldn't help it because the Word was like fire in his bones (as an euphemism)...

++++++++++

Jesus: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing."

Since: Feb 13

York, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I am grateful someone thought enough of me to share the story of calvary. It has changed my life for the better! Now I endeavor to tell someone else!

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> (Lending without Interest) That is what I do. Without condition.
Some would not take it as a gift.
True that.

Since: Feb 13

York, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

THE PARENT CAFE
Parent-Led Effort to Keep Families
Profound change starts with meaningful conversation. Across South Carolina, parents are engaging in lively, real conversations to keep their families strong. These conversations are called Parent Cafés, and they are transforming parenting education and efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect.
Parent Cafés are driven by the knowledge that parents can, must, and do tap into their wisdom and resources in order to strengthen their own families. Parent Cafés take place at early childhood centers and other friendly environments. Guided by trained Parent Hosts, parents gather in small groups and explore questions that really matter to them, questions that they genuinely want answered. Those questions deal with:
• Taking Care of Yourself
• Being a Strong Parent
• Building Positive Relationships
• Developing a Solid Education Plan
• Being Aware of Support
We gather and share the group’s wisdom and discoveries. Conversations are the foundation for individual action and community building.“Through these meaningful conversations, parents are working to build six protective factors that strengthen their families: strength and flexibility, friendships with other parents, knowledge of child development, supportive services, and the ability to help their children communicate and give them the love and respect they need” according to the Center for the Study of Social Policy. Parent Cafes tap into the collective wisdom that is present in every community. As parents lead their own learning and growth, they gain confidence, recognize what they already know, and realize what supports they already have around them. They become clear about what their families’ challenges are. With other parents, they devise ways to solve problems and resolve issues in their own families. They identify issues and find ways to address them, committing to individual action. And they build trusting relationships, social support, and connections with other parents.
In the supportive environment of the Parent Café, parents come together to deal with the fears, pressures, and challenges that many have struggled with alone. Through the Parent Café process, parents move beyond isolation to give and receive the support they need to keep their families strong.
Contact Info:virtuouslife@live.com. Want to host a café at your agency, church or in your neighborhood? All you need is the willingness to have a conversation! We will do the rest.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I seek the acceptence of no one but Christ Jesus.
Praise God.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

concerta wrote:
I am grateful someone thought enough of me to share the story of calvary....
Custer's last stand ?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO..........What the hell??????
LOL

1. A graduated rod for measuring the depth or amount of liquid in a container, as of oil in a crankcase.
2. Slang A person regarded as foolish or contemptible.

I'm gonna let RR pick whatever definition he thinks is applicable to him!

I have always liked that word...it says so much in just two syllables.:-)

When I was a little girl growing up we had this long stick that we would put in to the cistern to see how much water we had left...I loved that "dipstick".

I used to call my grandson "dipstick" when he did something really silly. One day I called one of the other kids a "dipstick" and my grandson broke out in tears. When I asked him why he was crying..."My name is dipstick...you can't call him a dipstick". It is a name of endearment between the two of us.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Being homosexual is not an opinion. It's not a lifestyle. It's not a religion. It's not something to be agreed with or disagreed with. It's not even something to be discussed.
It is what I am. I am what it is.
It is what you are because you simply CHOSE to be a homosexual. In the same way, a witch is a witch because he/she chooses that course or was brought up in it. But a witch can stop being a witch if she CHOSE to do so. In the same way, if a homosexual wanted to... they can choose to live a different lifestyle as evidenced by the testimonies of many ex-gays.

I remember reading a story about some elephant syndrome. When born and brought up in captivity... those who held the elephant would tie a small rope around one of their legs to keep them from wandering off. So they grew up like with cord being there. After awhile, the people would take the cord off. Why would they do such a thing? Because after awhile there isn't any need for a cord because in the elephant's mind... they are still bound with the cord.

But truly, they are free from the cord. All they have to do is walk away even though they may get beaten by their captives.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Praise God Adam!
Jesus: "In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!" Luke 15:7
++++++++++
Just a warning though: The Devil will use his messengers to bring doubt to you... those subjects could be anyone... people (some christians and some Non).
I don't know if you ever heard of a singer name Vanity. She used to sing with Prince and was very, very... let's just say "loose". Prince gave her that name, Vanity. But later on she gave her life to Christ.
Because of her past erotic nature and past videos are in the public domain... The Devil will use those and all her past sins against her, for example to try to bring her down. Much in the same way, don' be surprised if the Devil uses those subjected to it to try an bring you doubt also. When the the Devil reminds you of your past... remind The Devil of it's future.
++++++++++
"In 1995, she said, "When I came to the Lord Jesus Christ, I threw out about 1,000 tapes of mine — every interview, every tape, every video. Everything."[7] She has stated that she has chosen not to receive any further revenue from her work as Vanity, and has cut off all ties with Hollywood and her former life in the music business.[8] After a kidney transplant in 1997, she decided to devote her life to evangelism. She now speaks at churches across the United States and worldwide."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_ (performer)
Wow. Thanks for this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 477,201 - 477,220 of599,041
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

619 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Catcher1 172,222
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Robert F 532,355
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min curiouslu 720,025
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 28 min RATTYslayer 114,957
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Toby 93,655
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 39 min ShanXXX 392
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr passing by 256,371
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr Perera 4,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••