Why Should Jesus Love Me?
mike

AOL

#495985 Feb 28, 2013
What is a good reason to "Boast" about a GOD?

Is boasting a command in the bible?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495986 Feb 28, 2013
simplyput wrote:
you act like it is Christians that is bashing the homosexuals, because of what the Bible says.
We say it explicitly. It's hate speech right out of the bible, and the homophobic hate speech is not the only type.
simplyput wrote:
It is vey hard for Christians to talk about ANYTHING that our Bible says, without someone BASHING us.
Maybe you are telling us that because you think that we should be outraged on your behalf. Why should we be? Your message is filth and should be rejected.

Do you think that you deserve more consideration than you give? Look at the way the Christians on this thread have responded to Happy Lesbo's posting, Hiding's posting, Catcher's posting, Scaritual's posting, Tide's posting, and my posting. I don't suppose that you consider that "BASHING"

Your beliefs are repulsive to a growing segment of the general population, so it is safe to assume that their rejection will become greater as time goes by. The smarter Christians will pick up on this most quickly, and will adapt accordingly.

Why would you think that you should be free to express such ideas without blow back? Free speech doesn't include hate speech, just like it doesn't include obscenity, slander or sedition. Nor does it protect you from the freedom of others to boo you and shout you down.

Social stigma is a powerful disincentive. But just what is stigmatized is in a state of flux. Two closets are in the process of being vacated as we speak, and will be available for occupancy before you know it.

"So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late"
mike

AOL

#495987 Feb 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Have a great day
Talk to you all later
Hello Epi

Get-in, get-out, no harm, no foul nice.

The "Disciple" a GOD loves?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#495988 Feb 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, CNLD..
Yeah, The Book of Enoch is interesting as are all of the forbidden texts/Apocrypha/Pseudepigrapha etc., at least as far as the mythology is concerned.
I wonder if you'll keep looking and delve further back into the history and the origins of your religion?
I know the origins of all Religion, the good, the bad, the ugly and the horrific. I find your assumption that I don't know, very interesting. For me, it's a combination of many experiences, what's in my heart, fascinated & borderline morbid studying, learning everything the hard way and most of all, seeing the "fruits", up close.

What a lot of you don't seem to realise is that there are Billions of people in this world and you can't put any one group in a tidy little box and call it logic. There is so much that we do not know.

So what if 'the Church' adopted older customs, religions have been evolving along the way since the beginning of time, just like humans, technology, Education, language, Science, animals and a million other things, both known and unknown to us.

Logically, if one believes in The Lord, it all came from the same place anyway, let each man decide for himself, which is why the vast majority of mankind has always been looking for HIM. Many are fooled, many are hurt due to human imperfection, many rebel, many excel in both good and evil and some choose HIM.

None of it matters, all the Holy Books and religions basically point to a Creator, even the upside down ones do, in a slightly different way but still...

Debating and protesting different ideas and beliefs is a human thing, it's what we do, it proves nothing.

You and I do not KNOW if there is a One Supreme Creator or if there isn't One, we just believe in our respective positions, whatever they might be, these arguments are pointless but sometimes one has to go with their own experiences, for all we know, we could all have spent the entire existence of mankind in a mass delusional state.

I do not care about the decisions of evil men, in any 'group'. There is good and bad in all of us.

After my great search, I chose The Lord. That's it. I accept that I'm not supposed to know everything about everything, I certainly tried to find out though, still do, knowledge is my obsession The Lord is my heart. I feel Blessed to have not only survived my life but excelled at it. For many Billions, it has not the case.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#495989 Feb 28, 2013
*been* the case.

Fennario

#495990 Feb 28, 2013
wilderide wrote:
Oh dear. Well, if they are that determined to remove themselves from the gene pool [snake handling], then I heartily endorse it.
I would be willing to make an exception to the Establishment Clause and allow them to do it on public property using state supplied snakes. In fact, only people that have successfully handled a snake should be allowed to carry currency that says "In God We Trust"
mike

AOL

#495991 Feb 28, 2013
Church is another form of entertainment.

"John hagee" has his "seals" trained well, they "clap" on cue.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#495992 Feb 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Shalom Mr. BT42, did you see

Looking forward to a response. If you did respond, I never saw it.

Thanks.

CS.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#495993 Feb 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh,
Hey, Serah, you have written extensively about how faith is important.

I have a question - the faith that suicide bombers have, is that equivalent to the faith that you have?

It allows them to do what I would never do - faith pushes them beyond normal human boundaries, just as it does with placebo medicines.

So, is faith a two edged sword?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#495994 Feb 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
poot
<quoted text>
No man can produce a child in their belly so I guess that would make them all perverts missing natural earth purpose. However being lesbian does not prevent one from carrying a child in their belly...many do.
<quoted text>
Not sure who you are talking to here...your post was addressed to HL but for some reason you are telling me to go flush myself. I was planning on showering later.
<quoted text>
poot poot poot+ 18,724 times Poot
Quite interesting.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#495995 Feb 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He's getting plenty of laughs now. He'll get a few more when people watch this.[Warning to Christians: The following is pretty sacrilegious]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yJhOOQOhFMEXX
But Jesus will get the last laugh at you, when you Die. You're smart, get out of dying.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#495996 Feb 28, 2013
All 'religion' really is, is just old world politics, I care for neither as what it comes down to, is power. I have no need of power. Your religion, my religion, your Holy Book, my Holy Book,(to quote tri) your Philosophy, my Philosophy, your political choice, my political choice etc...

Who gives a shit? No wonder we have turned this planet into a disease ridden, corrupt and vile toilet.

Seriously, humans are pathetic, someone out there somewhere must love us like a parent or we would not still be around, we would have imploded a long time ago.

O_O

On a completely different note, you would not believe the stuff I found in my decrypted logs today. I hope you all have sturdy Internet Security.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#495997 Feb 28, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church is finished
Their just gettin started Hank..........

(By the way, I'm Larry)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#495998 Feb 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
To normal people, a church is a building used for public Christian worship.
To IANS, a church is Christians.
WordWeb Pro - Standard

Noun: church
1. One of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship. The body of all Christians. Christianity.
2.(church service) a place for public (especially Christian) worship
3. A service conducted in a house of worship
4. The body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church

Verb: church
1. Perform a special church rite or service for

WordWeb Pro - Canadian Oxford

church
• noun
1.A building for public (usu. Christian) worship.
2.A meeting for public worship in such a building (go to church; met after church).
3.(Church) the body of all Christians.
4.(Church) the clergy or clerical profession (went into the Church).
5.(also Church) an organized Christian group or society of any time, country, or distinct principles of worship (the medieval Church; Church of Scotland; High Church).
6.(also Church) institutionalized religion as a political or social force (Church and State).
• transitive verb bring (esp. a woman after childbirth) to church for a service of thanksgiving.

WordWeb Pro - Chambers

Noun - church
1.A building set apart for public worship, esp that of a parish, and esp that of an established or once established form of the Christian religion
2.A church service
3.The whole body of Christians
4.The Christian clergy
5.Any particular sect or denomination of Christians
6.Any body professing a common creed

Adjective - church
1.Of the church
2.Ecclesiastical
3.Belonging to the established church (informal)

WordWeb Pro 6.6

WordWeb Pro, that's a handy thing to have. It's installed on every computer I have. Use it all the time. My son likes it too. So many lexicons included, Thesaurus, obscure words, anagram function, text search, etc. Great tool.

I like the definition from Canadian Oxford,#6.(also Church) institutionalized religion as a political or social force (Church and State).

The point is, each of those definitions are acceptable in context or by usage.

But, we knew that anyway, no?

Fennario

#495999 Feb 28, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
What are your thoughts on Jesus cher?
He might have existed, but if so, was just a man.
Seraphine wrote:
I read some of your history in regards to your experiences with Christianity, I would again like to apologize to you for everything you have been through
That's appreciated, but not necessary.
Seraphine wrote:
and yes more of us should follow Jesus instead of following tradition of an institution. Does this sound strange coming from a Catholic?
Yes, but you are different than most, and for the better.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#496000 Feb 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Each of us finds spiritual expression through our hands :)
Masturbation is sin ! LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#496001 Feb 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He might have existed, but if so, was just a man.
that is what you with nervous terror and fright hoping.

And you have you doubts, that why you here. hoping you can get a Christian to give you a sand grain or crumb of hope to ease you terror filled existence as your end of days close in.

how that work out for you so far? not good obviously. you gross insecurity and unraveling hypocrisy hate and vitriol on the billboard show it. but keep trying to finding that christian to throw you that crumb.

Fennario

#496002 Feb 28, 2013
simplyput wrote:
If ALL here, were to put their shoes in the middle of the floor--and were to pick someones shoes to 'walk in their shoes for a day, We would probably be glad to get our OWN shoes back! There is always someone else that have it worse than ourselves!
I've always said that you should walk a mile in the other guy's shoes before criticizing him. That way, if he gets pissed off, he's a mile away and barefoot.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#496003 Feb 28, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
All 'religion' really is, is just old world politics, I care for neither as what it comes down to, is power. I have no need of power. Your religion, my religion, your Holy Book, my Holy Book,(to quote tri) your Philosophy, my Philosophy, your political choice, my political choice etc...
Who gives a shit? No wonder we have turned this planet into a disease ridden, corrupt and vile toilet.
Seriously, humans are pathetic, someone out there somewhere must love us like a parent or we would not still be around, we would have imploded a long time ago.
O_O
On a completely different note, you would not believe the stuff I found in my decrypted logs today. I hope you all have sturdy Internet Security.
you talking about me?~grin~

and that you in the picture? or some big time pretty hollywood actress :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#496004 Feb 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Like me my friend, although I am last linked with the Mormons, and the Missionaries are often in my home. I hope to show their parents, who are almost overseas, that Christians show respect, to these young teenagers in some cases, or early 20's in others, and thank them for spreading the loving word of JESUS.
We Pray, we have lessons, we do Bible Reading along with the Book of Mormon reading, and we care for them. We feed them, have taken them bowling, out to dinner, walked in the parks, shared our Grandchildren with them, and hear the life they are living.
They have been bombarded by watermelon, been drugged by cakes and cookies, been egged, been abused, been threatened, and give up many simple things we take for granted in life.
They have a basic staple diet, they save for their costs of the Mission, although in some cases, the Church will and does help out. If people have a hard time paying their bills, the Church helps them.
There are sides to situations that unless you are involved, and have some sort of inkling or understanding, you have no idea what is going on. I don't discuss religion in here, I have been called too many names by Christians and Atheists for me to be bothered bringing it up again, so I just talk GOD, JESUS, ANGELS, PRAYERS, FAITH, SCRIPTURES, and the Spiritual pathway we are all following.
Sorry you copped all that Lil Whispers, but just wanted to share it, and this seemed the perfect posting to share it with :)
GOD Bless xx
Well Serah if you think I copped it all so be it.God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 855,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min USaWarringIdiotSo... 177,210
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Regina 596,483
The Christian Atheist debate 23 min -Alan S Shole- 1,031
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 35 min andet1987 1,459
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 48 min andet1987 6,150
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Fired--Up 2,651
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web